TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Talking to ENTps about unpleasant personal matters

nal matters?

I think I've seen some ENTps become restless and annoyed when talking about things that someone was hurt by or that deal with talking about heavy emotional problems (if they involve the ENTp directly).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, talking about personal matters in which we are emotionally involved can be very awkward, especially if we feel that we ought to be expressing positive emotion or appreciation. It's not as difficult to talk about someone's feeling on a matter totally unrelated to us... but yeah... espressing emotion is diffiuclt. You know what my biggest pet peave EVER is? Getting hit on. Know why? It's too personal and I feel put on the spot and awkward and I do not feel that others should have the right to put me into that uncomfortable position, even if they are polite and considerate.

I have a much easier time handling personal matters through letters. Is this an option?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Yeah, talking about personal matters in which we are emotionally involved can be very awkward, especially if we feel that we ought to be expressing positive emotion or appreciation. It's not as difficult to talk about someone's feeling on a matter totally unrelated to us... but yeah... espressing emotion is diffiuclt. You know what my biggest pet peave EVER is? Getting hit on. Know why? It's too personal and I feel put on the spot and awkward and I do not feel that others should have the right to put me into that uncomfortable position, even if they are polite and considerate.

I have a much easier time handling personal matters through letters. Is this an option?
    yes, a letter is an option. I am concerned about keeping his attention in the letter though, since he's complained about not knowing what I'm talking about. He's also said my directness makes him feel put on the spot, i think. I am INTj most likely.

ps. Thank you

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anytime where you put an ENTp in a position by which we must , we get very very anxious and either try to escape or feel stressed and anxious dealing with it. Now, provoking an ENTp to is diffrent and ENTps like to do that, totally diffrent with ...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but is a personal matter ever not requiring Fi?

so the best way to talk about it would be to ?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    but is a personal matter ever not requiring Fi?

so the best way to talk about it would be to ?
    Yes, you would need to allow them to express expathy and avoid placing them in positions by which they feel pressured to express sympathy ...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i get it. just tell them how you felt without pressure

but is there a way to make things clearer when you discuss things?