Thread: Recomendations for INFj (Gulenko)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recomendations for INFj (Gulenko)

Hello again good people.

After translating ENFp male portrait which was not so enjoyable (partly due to it being a long text but mostly, in my personal opinion, due to it being over the top and on some parts incorrect, full of stereotypes) I decided to pick other articles which would be more fun to translate for myself. Maybe at some point ill get back to the male/female portraits but that's unlikely and possible only if others will really want them.

So here it goes, enjoy fellow INFj's (your awesome). Hope you will like it, if the feedback on the content will be positive I'll translate these articles for other delta types also.

Also please point out mistakes or parts where it is unclear what is said (feel free to change the text altogether to make it more readable). I'm unsure of the spelling of a few words (marked with sp?) so check those also. Thank you!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humanist (Dostoyevsky, INFJ)

A fundamental understanding of people and human interrelations is your strong side. You are interested in motives of behavior, inner qualities, human relationships which you observe for extended period of time. The longer this study continues, the better you assess the character of the person: who he really is, not how he presents himself.

You strive for warm, friendly relations between people, can't stand roughness and violence. That's where your humanitarian side manifests itself, for this you are valued and respected by people around you. Your knowledge of people and life experience will always help you to find the right place in the collective. Your other advantage, for which you deserve people gratitude, - sincere sensitivity, kindness and attentiveness to people. Your compassion towards them you try to show in action and not only in words. You help everyone who actually needs your help sparing no efforts and time.

Final goal of your activity - creation of calm, harmonious, conflict-free environment in which everyone can reveal his abilities. You are best at comforting and reconciling. Pardoning people their negative behavior and transgressions. You act on their conscience forcing them to think on moral bases of our life. Problem which troubles you is lack of resolution and initiative, inability to demand in strong-willed manner. A certain level of shyness inherent for your character adds to the issue. You are very pedantic, afraid to appear obtrusive which would inevitably focus attention on yourself.

You are a modest person, non-aggressive. After accepting the challenge you do not choose to react actively, preferring to conceal your offence. You are even uncomfortable to accept defence from someone else. You consider that the person who offended you must realize it himself and repent. If he is not doing that you avoid contact with him, punishing him with silence. It is recommended for you to develop self-protection: to directly voice your concern for indiscretion and dishonesty, without showing compassion to people who don't have the ability to correct themselves or repent, not giving the option to use you in someones selfish goals. Learn to say "No" at the right moment. Be a little less compassionate to outside people and more focused on people close to you.

Another of your problems is a very thorough study of the details on any matter which causes slowness and emotionlessness (sp?). Getting stuck in details you hardly find the time for leisure in the nature or in the company of friends, which can negatively affect your health. You thoroughly and deeply analyze everything that affects you or those familiar to you. The results of an objective analysis like this often are uncomforting, and due to that, you sometimes experience deep feelings of sorrow and pessimism. You excessively suppress everything that exceeds the scope of decency, morals and spirituality.

Don't act on your pity so you won't blame yourself for not acting with honesty and justice. Remember that true justice does not compromise with conscience.

Increase the tempo of work, concentrate so your attention would slide past trivialities, stopping only on the important part, essential. Try speed-reading(not sure how it is in English, the skill to read fast) - this will help you see the big picture of happenings or events. Analyze the facts focusing not on refinement but on generalization. Knowledge of both regularities(not sure if its the right word) will free you from spending power and mental force on aspects of the issue which are non-justified, non-important to others.
    Last edited by Simon Ssmall; 09-18-2008 at 05:21 AM.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Hello again good people.

After translating ENFp male portrait which was not so enjoyable (partly due to it being a long text but mostly, in my personal opinion, due to it being over the top and on some parts incorrect, full of stereotypes) I decided to pick other articles which would be more fun to translate for myself. Maybe at some point ill get back to the male/female portraits but that's unlikely and possible only if others will really want them.

So here it goes, enjoy fellow INFj's (your awesome). Hope you will like it, if the feedback on the content will be positive I'll translate these articles for other delta types also.

Also please point out mistakes or parts where it is unclear what is said (feel free to change the text altogether to make it more readable). I'm unsure of the spelling of a few words (marked with sp?) so check those also. Thank you!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humanist (Dostoyevsky, INFJ)

A fundamental understanding of people and human interrelations is your strong side. You are interested in motives of behavior, inner qualities, human relationships which you observe for extended period of time. The longer this study continues, the better you assess the character of the person: who he really is, not how he presents himself.

You strive for warm, friendly relations between people, can't stand roughness and violence. That's where your humanitarian side manifests itself, for this you are valued and respected by people around you. Your knowledge of people and life experience will always help you to find the right place in the collective. Your other advantage, for which you deserve people gratitude, - sincere sensitivity, kindness and attentiveness to people. Your compassion towards them you try to show in action and not only in words. You help everyone who actually needs your help sparing no efforts and time.

Final goal of your activity - creation of calm, harmonious, conflict-free environment in which everyone can reveal his abilities. You are best at comforting and reconciling. Pardoning people their negative behavior and transgressions. You act on their conscience forcing them to think on moral bases of our life. Problem which troubles you is lack of resolution and initiative, inability to demand in strong-willed manner. A certain level of shyness inherent for your character adds to the issue. You are very pedantic, afraid to appear obtrusive which would inevitably focus attention on yourself.

You are a modest person, non-aggressive. After accepting the challenge you do not choose to react actively, preferring to conceal your offence. You are even uncomfortable to accept defence from someone else. You consider that the person who offended you must realize it himself and repent. If he is not doing that you avoid contact with him, punishing him with silence. It is recommended for you to develop self-protection: to directly voice your concern for indiscretion and dishonesty, without showing compassion to people who don't have the ability to correct themselves or repent, not giving the option to use you in someones selfish goals. Learn to say "No" at the right moment. Be a little less compassionate to outside people and more focused on people close to you.

Another of your problems is a very thorough study of the details on any matter which causes slowness and emotionlessness (sp?). Getting stuck in details you hardly find the time for leisure in the nature or in the company of friends, which can negatively affect your health. You thoroughly and deeply analyze everything that affects you or those familiar to you. The results of an objective analysis like this often are uncomforting due to that you sometimes experience deep feelings of sorrow and pessimism. You excessively suppress everything that exceeds the scope of decency, morals and spirituality.

Don't act on your pity so you won't blame yourself for not acting with honesty and justice. Remember that true justice does not compromise with conscience.

Increase the tempo of work, concentrate so your attention would slide past trifleties (sp?), stopping only on the important part, essential. Try speed-reading(not sure how it is in English, the skill to read fast) - this will help you see the big picture of happenings or events. Analyze the facts focusing not on refinement but on generalization. Knowledge of both regularities(not sure if its the right word) will free you from spending power and mental force on aspects of the issue which are non-justified, non-important to others.
    This pretty much relates to INFj's I know. Just to sort of add, more so elaborate on what i've observed.. I think they can sometimes let others take advantage of them because at times they don't seem to stand up for themselves enough..imo this is a strength and a weakness, meaning that they can of course be taken advantage of by some people, but at the same time if they have friends/partner that appreciate this quality, treat it with respect then they make good friends, even better friends over time and attract loyal and good friends in return.

They're pretty cool.

Nice translation Simon!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trifleties
    trivialities? Is that what you're looking for?

Lovely translation, thanks!
    IEE

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    trivialities? Is that what you're looking for?

Lovely translation, thanks!
    Yes, thanks!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you This is a good one... You're right about the male ENFp portrait being over-the-top... This one is pretty much right on IMO.

It's so awesome to read this stuff in an actual language

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another of your problems is a very thorough study of the details on any matter which causes slowness and emotionlessness (sp?). Getting stuck in details you hardly find the time for leisure in the nature or in the company of friends, which can negatively affect your health. You thoroughly and deeply analyze everything that affects you or those familiar to you. The results of an objective analysis like this often are uncomforting due to that you sometimes experience deep feelings of sorrow and pessimism. You excessively suppress everything that exceeds the scope of decency, morals and spirituality.
    I feel kind of weird in actually commenting on this, considering that it's just my personal perception compared to what is supposed to take into account all INFjs. However, the order of this is incorrect to me. Those feelings come from the objective analysis and not the other way around, and it's always concerning humanity or individuals for me to feel that way. It's hard for me to shut off the possibilities of something I am thinking of even though it would make me happier by doing so. For example, I can come to the realization that a friendship might end eventually for some reason and instead of enjoying the moment as it is now, I get disturbed by it because it is the "impending event."

It is also very hard for me to reduce my analysis and thinking levels when it comes to people's behaviors, and at one time I trained myself to not think at all when it becomes a problem. It's not that I'm pessimistic or negative, but if the ultimate truth is not happy then there is no reason to be happy, and it's hard for me to change that. So in part, the present happiness is directly related to an ultimate happiness, as in the future. But this can be a very good thing, because if the future for me is bright then I am unaffected "spiritually" and emotionally by what happens in my surroundings at the present. There is something good to look forward to, so the present doesn't matter.

True happiness for me is built on the truth, and if the truth for me is not positive then it is sorrowful to think of it. But, the opposite happens when it is positive.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, it's nice of you to be translating the articles from Russian Ssmall. Definitely better than using a web translator...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I feel kind of weird in actually commenting on this, considering that it's just my personal perception compared to what is supposed to take into account all INFjs. However, the order of this is incorrect to me. Those feelings come from the objective analysis and not the other way around, and it's always concerning humanity or individuals for me to feel that way. It's hard for me to shut off the possibilities of something I am thinking of even though it would make me happier by doing so. For example, I can come to the realization that a friendship might end eventually for some reason and instead of enjoying the moment as it is now, I get disturbed by it because it is the "impending event."

It is also very hard for me to reduce my analysis and thinking levels when it comes to people's behaviors, and at one time I trained myself to not think at all when it becomes a problem. It's not that I'm pessimistic or negative, but if the ultimate truth is not happy then there is no reason to be happy, and it's hard for me to change that. So in part, the present happiness is directly related to an ultimate happiness, as in the future. But this can be a very good thing, because if the future for me is bright then I am unaffected "spiritually" and emotionally by what happens in my surroundings at the present. There is something good to look forward to, so the present doesn't matter.

True happiness for me is built on the truth, and if the truth for me is not positive then it is sorrowful to think of it. But, the opposite happens when it is positive.
    That was actually the point of the sentence, that those feelings are the results of objective analysis. Just my poor wording. Would sentence like this be more understandable?:

The results of an objective analysis like this often are uncomforting, and due to that, you sometimes experience deep feelings of sorrow and pessimism.

If you have a better version feel free propose it.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was actually the point of the sentence, that those feelings are the results of objective analysis. Just my poor wording. Would sentence like this be more understandable?:

The results of an objective analysis like this often are uncomforting, and due to that, you sometimes experience deep feelings of sorrow and pessimism.

If you have a better version feel free propose it.
    Oh ok, haha, so it was the other way around afterall. Yes, that sentence is more understandable now .