Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Scrooge

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Uncle Scrooge

He's stingy, quick to anger, risk-oriented, asocial, and possessive.

I don't think he's LSI. I just think he's a caricature of LSI.

Besides, Donald may be typed as ESI. I didn't type the other characters yet due to lack of time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    He's stingy, quick to anger, risk-oriented, asocial, and possessive.

How can he be a caricature of LSI if he is quick to anger? How can be be a caricature of LSI if he is risk-oriented?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's more like an imperfect caricature of LIE.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the difference when hes fictional anyway? lol. I think hes LSI too.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    That's impossible. His negativist is too clear : he's a natural collector, and hates when someone touches his possessions, more than others.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrug* for someone who likes to say he's a classical socionist, you make a nice point of focusing on secondary things.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahaha i was just about to post this when i saw the topic. ("wow, isn't he a huge ENTj?")

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    How can he be a caricature of LSI if he is quick to anger? How can be be a caricature of LSI if he is risk-oriented?
    probably not a bad point, really.

Creepy-Cyclops

It's starting to become clear that he is a rather complex individual

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrug* for someone who likes to say he's a classical socionist, you make a nice point of focusing on secondary things.
    I'm not purist or conservative though, and I don't worship the holy Model A with its 8 cells and 8 elements or such. I'm aware of Model A's limitations.

Besides, I don't see how is him intuitive. On some "canon" comic, he had dreams that relate to his past, with zero variations. Only a caricatural Sensing type can do.

Besides, LIE's usually aren't stingy. Their expenditures are usually less deliberate than LSI's or even LSE's. They are businessmens who seek profit maximisation. LSI's are just collectors, who seek to accumulate possessions, but with no real point. LIE's possessions usually have a purpose. LSI's may not. (ok, I caricatured a little, but Mr. Scrooge is a caricature, remember )

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Risk-oriented? Really? To me he was kind of the opposite... he didn't take a lot of risks and was a miser.

Stingy and risk-oriented are polar opposites aren't they? You can't be two conflicting things...it's a paradox. I know some would disagree but I'll challenge you on that. It's true, people are complex. But it's more like traits overlapping with each other.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Risk-oriented? Really? To me he was kind of the opposite... he didn't take a lot of risks and was a miser.

Stingy and risk-oriented are polar opposites aren't they? You can't be two conflicting things...it's a paradox. I know some would disagree but I'll challenge you on that. It's true, people are complex. But it's more like traits overlapping with each other.
    I mean, he's physical and reckless.
    Last edited by machintruc; 02-23-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Creepy-Cyclops

I mean, he's physical and reckless.
    To continue the uncle scrooge charicature, LIE seems more likely, perhaps he has PoLR -> receptive, leading to his apparent physical recklessness.

Can you dispute his ingenuity for his business plans, which could come from blocked with

Where is ego ?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unvalued Fe, negativism, and introversion, IMO. Why LIE>ILI? He stays cooped up in his house, gives every reason NOT to do things, needs to be approached by others for absolutely anything...how is that a positivist extrovert?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Unvalued Fe, negativism, and introversion, IMO. Why LIE>ILI? He stays cooped up in his house,
    I don't think he's relevant to ILI or ESI.

gives every reason NOT to do things
    He has negativist as ignoring function.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's relevant to ILI or ESI.

I don't think your opinion is relevant. Ever.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then how is him Irrational or Ethical ?

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dear god, do you people know anything about socionics? Really, this could be the worse idealization of certain types I have ever seen. LSI not risk oriented? LSIs are fucking crazy. They are impulsive and incredibly risky. Its like LSIs have a need to be viewed as depressive and chaotic. Scrooge isn't risky enough to be an ENTj so I'm pretty sure hes not ENTj. It to me is pretty obvious what his type is. He is easily an ESTj. There really isn't much else to argue. He is overly economical, which I can promise you that ENTjs are not economical in the least bit. ENTjs take calculated risks. Thats what they do, they spend money. Scrooge didn't spend money, he saved it. It makes no possible sense for him to be considered ENTj.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Dear god, do you people know anything about socionics? Really, this could be the worse idealization of certain types I have ever seen. LSI not risk oriented? LSIs are fucking crazy. They are impulsive and incredibly risky.
    ... Can you provide one single passage from any Socionic LSI type description anywhere that supports what you are claiming here?

Its like LSIs have a need to be viewed as depressive and chaotic.
    How remote from reality are you, hitta? You are not making any sense here. Are you joking?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How remote from reality are you, hitta? You are not making any sense here. Are you joking?
    lmao

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

... Can you provide one single passage from any Socionic LSI type description anywhere that supports what you are claiming here?

Do you know anything about quadra values lol? If ENFjs and INFps like the depressive attitudes and the impulsive behavior, why would their dual be any different. No offense, but socionics according to the16types is fucked up.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know anything about quadra values lol? If ENFjs and INFps like the depressive attitudes and the impulsive behavior, why would their dual be any different.
    Quadra values and type descriptions are two different things. If you think that you can infer type behaviour from quadra values, you need to think again. Typing by quadras will inevitably lead to mistypings.

No offense, but socionics according to the16types is fucked up.
    I totally agree. So why do you make the same mistake that many people on this forum are making?

Now, please answer my question in my previous post.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quadra values and type descriptions are two different things. If you think that you can infer type behaviour from quadra values, you need to think again. Typing by quadras will inevitably lead to mistypings.

I totally agree. So why do you make the same mistake that many people on this forum are making?

Now, please answer my question in my previous post.
    Um, if you think that quadra values aren't important you need to have your head examined. Also, most of the posts about ISTjs only talk about their +Ti and their affinity for implication and common sense. It doesn't talk about their behavior too much. I can promise you that ISTjs are risky chaotic people. I know plenty of them. They are also extremely paranoid.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has very little need for social contact, because he's autistic. Like LSI's. Uncle Scrooge is autistic, and all LSI's are autistic.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread delivers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread delivers.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, if you think that quadra values aren't important you need to have your head examined.
    I haven't said that quadra values are not important. They add a dimension to our understanding of the types. But if you use them as your starting point in your typing, you are making a big, big mistake.

Also, most of the posts about ISTjs only talk about their +Ti and their affinity for implication and common sense. It doesn't talk about their behavior too much.
    How much Socionics do you know really? Have you ever read a type description? Doesn't talk about their behaviour you say? Are you nuts?

I can promise you that ISTjs are risky chaotic people. I know plenty of them. They are also extremely paranoid.
    ISTjs are not risky chaotic people. They don't exhibit the slightest tendency whatsoever to be impulsive. Period.

It seems as though you have provided us with the final proof that you have got all the types totally messed up. What you say here about ISTjs is unquestionably and completely false.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't said that quadra values are not important. They add a dimension to our understanding of the types. But if you use them as your starting point in your typing, you are making a big, big mistake.

How much Socionics do you know really? Have you ever read a type description? Doesn't talk about their behaviour you say? Are you nuts?

ISTjs are not risky chaotic people. They don't exhibit the slightest tendency whatsoever to be impulsive. Period.

It seems as though you have provided us with the final proof that you have got all the types totally messed up. What you say here about ISTjs is unquestionably and completely false.
    Um, no, Why the Fuck would an INFp/ENFj want to be with someone that is boring? INFps/ENFjs are some of the most "out-there types". That doesn't make since in the least bit. I'm afraid you fail.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also, that doesn't make a shit worth of sense when you compare ISTjs to the proposed model of ESTps. So ESTps are chaotic and impulsive and ISTjs are systematic and dull? Thats just dumb.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, no, Why the Fuck would an INFp/ENFj want to be with someone that is boring? INFps/ENFjs are some of the most "out-there types". That doesn't make since in the least bit. I'm afraid you fail.
    Do you really have that limited understanding of the types? You can't be serious. Do you really think that Duals are alike in some obvious way? ISTjs are perceived as "boring" in many, many situations by many, many people. That is a fact. They are bureaucratic, have very limited esthetic sense, and are oriented to positions of power. They almost never take any risks. They can be very sterling.

Do you disagree with Rick's typing of Vladimir Putin as an LSI? I agree with it, and in any case Putin is a very clear example of a leading type.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, that doesn't make a shit worth of sense when you compare ISTjs to the proposed model of ESTps. So ESTps are chaotic and impulsive and ISTjs are systematic and dull? Thats just dumb.
    You must be joking, or do you really believe -- seriously -- that ESTps and ISTjs are very similar in their behaviours? If so, you definitely have misunderstood both the types and the theory.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You must be joking, or do you really believe -- seriously -- that ESTps and ISTjs are very similar in their behaviours? If so, you definitely have misunderstood both the types and the theory.
    OMG, you must be kidding. The types are mirrors. THEY TYPES ARE FUCKING MIRRORS. They are gonna be extremely similar. OMG you know nothing about socionics. Dear god that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's nice to see people still take the brilliance that is Ducktales so seriously.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    It's nice to see people still take the brilliance that is Ducktales so seriously.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=mDx5qPqBaSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think he is ESTJ. I was just thinking today that my ESTJ friend reminds me of Scrooge, but in a way that I like. I somehow wasn't bothered by his grumpy mood, and he even makes the same expression as Scrooge.

I mean, Scrooge is so extroverted. When he is upset, he shares his bad mood with other people, instead of just going away and having alone time like an introvert.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Hah, that was awesome!
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with LSE
    LSI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I really think he is ESTJ. I was just thinking today that my ESTJ friend reminds me of Scrooge, but in a way that I like. I somehow wasn't bothered by his grumpy mood, and he even makes the same expression as Scrooge.

I mean, Scrooge is so extroverted. When he is upset, he shares his bad mood with other people, instead of just going away and having alone time like an introvert.
    He's ESTJ, but not LSE.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    What? I don't take my mental image of Uncle Scrooge from that, but from the classic comics by Carl Barks, who actually created the character:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Barks

Creepy-Cyclops

What? I don't take my mental image of Uncle Scrooge from that, but from the classic comics by Carl Barks, who actually created the character:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Barks
    Yeah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast