Thread: Starting fresh? Idk

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Starting fresh? Idk

Hey, I've decided I might be better off not guessing my own type until I really have a thorough understanding of Socionics. Even so, it's going to be difficult to figure things out without an unbiased result since I've typed myself before...

So, I'm pretty much 99% sure that I'm an introvert. Unless introversion and extroversion don't mean what I think they mean. Which is not impossible.

Everything else is in the air for now, I guess. I'm going to try to make this more descriptive over time, I guess...

So now, my life story? I'm really not sure what else I have to talk about...:

I am a senior in high school right now. I pretty much haven't had a single friend in the past ten years, but recently I have been trying to become closer to people. I used to think my brother was my friend, but ever since he's gone to college, he's... changed. I'm not sure if he's always been this way or if I've just started noticing, but he seems more self-righteous and dismissive to me now, because he never seems to have the patience to listen to my ideas. Anyway, I suppose it's this realization that my brother and I really don't get along as well as I thought we did that has caused me to seek new relationships.

I was raised in a Christian home, but I've felt farther and farther from God and at this point would say I might be something between agnostic/apatheist, but neither term seems right to me at the moment. For some reason, I still feel inclined to obey the dogmatic rules I learned. Sometimes I feel like I am more of a Christian than some of those who call themselves Christian, but do not take their religion seriously. In some ways, I am a moral skeptic. I believe there may be such a thing as right and wrong, but I really don't know what it is. The best I have to go are my dogmatic principles. In any case, if the Abrahamic God exists I do not think He can be any of omnipotent, omniscient, or omnibenevolent. Rather, I would say he is "the most powerful" "the most knowledgeable" and "the most benevolent" being in the universe. Otherwise, I think he really would be able to improve things.

When interacting with people, I often feel they do not take my ideas the least bit seriously and it frustrates me. I can usually tolerate this, but if my ideas are treated as worthless for long enough it really does become too much to bear, and I have on occasion broken into fits of rage. I can only recall two times this has happened in public, both times being with peers my age who really weren't treating me like a human being.

At the moment I would consider myself a pacifist, but I have hurt people before. This usually happened when I am being forced to do something I think I shouldn't have to do. For example, if my mother physically dragged me out of my room to force me to school when I was feeling depressed, I have kicked her before. But not only this, but I think I have also teased people before. I've told this story before, but I will say it again, there was a child at my lunch table during my freshman year of high school who was teased often. He insisted to sit at this lunch table, which I did not understand. I thought to myself, "why would anyone WANT to sit at a lunch table where they were not wanted? If it were me, I would rather sit by myself." I say this because an incident happened in middle school where I did exactly that: I did not feel comfortable at my lunch table, so I sat by myself instead. To me, this child must not have minded the teasing very much.

I like drawing, and I have tried writing before but find it draining somehow. I have a lot of ideas for stories but when it comes to putting them on paper, it always seems to flow worse. Even so, I am trying to write a story right now and it is not going terribly. Perhaps now that I am older I am capable of more persistence in my pursuits. My favorite subject is mathematics, and my second favorite subject is science. My least favorite are history and English. I also kind of like anime, but I like western animation equally as well.

I am currently taking medication for depression and ADHD. I see a therapist, and I think my coping has gotten better over the years. I am hoping to be off medication soon, since things seem to be less stressful now.

I often think about what I want, but they never seem to be things I can acquire. Often times, the things I want are ridiculously specific. For example, I would like to have a small group of friends where I am particularly comfortable with one friend more than the rest. It's so specific, right? BUT I WANT IT SO MUCH

Oh, also, I really like organizing things. When I'm bored I will organize my money. But I also apply it to ideas. Like, people say love is so difficult to describe, but I just think maybe if people sat down to think what love actually meant to them, maybe it would be simpler. And maybe accept that love is not the same thing to everyone, and that a word is only worth the meaning you give it.

ALSO, at times I can be quite deviant from the norms of society. This sometimes involves the intentional use of pejorative terms to describe myself like "idolater." AND ROLE REVERSAL

...And, that's all I can think of for now. If I think of something else I will add it.

Loi I'm not sure if this is too much information, or maybe not enough of the right information... can this help people type me? idk... A lot of my personal life, but I don't suppose I mind.
    Last edited by Taknamay; 10-09-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answer these:

1) What do you wish for in yourself that you do not have?

2) What are your interests and why?

3) Which of your friends/family members do you get along great and why?

4) What is your greatest desire?

5) What is your greatest fear?

6) How would you describe yourself?

7) How would others describe you?

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could learn to prioritize things and follow through with some of my plans :/

My interests are drawing, because sometimes it's easier for me to explain things graphically than verbally.

Honestly? I really don't know. I suppose it depends how you define "get along great." I feel like none of them can provide me with what I want... it's not their faults, that just how it is...

My greatest desire is for my ideas to be appreciated by someone, I suppose. It often seems to change.

My greatest fear is wasting time. I always feel like I have all this time, but never know how to use it... but I continue to procrastinate... but whenever I try to get down to business, I fail to see the point anymore...

Well... that's kind of hard. I guess I will edit this post when I have more time.

Wants too much, insightful, shy, cowardly, too literal... like before, I guess I will add more when I have time.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hm, maybe IxFj-Fi.
    And, damn, after reading this whole story I feel strongly extroverted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take your time.. It may or may not reveal much. I guess you need to post around and interact in the forum more often, to allow people to get a "vibe" off you. You'd gravitate towards one of the quadras eventually. It isn't necessary to give it too much thought. Just be yourself.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I suppose I will try that for a while. I must admit it relieves a lot of my stress not to consider myself any type. It means I don't have to prove anything...
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    Okay, I suppose I will try that for a while. I must admit it relieves a lot of my stress not to consider myself any type. It means I don't have to prove anything...
    There is nothing to prove. Just pick whatever you feel most comfortable with, then feel free to switch around till you come to the one you like best. Keep in mind at all times that you're the boss.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh. That's likely to be a socionics answer you're giving. You can't do it like that. Writing that before knowing socionics might be revealing, but not after.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... I know... I wish I could go back in time to do this right :|
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... I know... I wish I could go back in time to do this right :|
    Eh? Sorry that had been in response to Maritsa. She transferred it to my PM instead.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh... lol
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I wish I could learn to prioritize things and follow through with some of my plans :/
    I'll type you.

When one is concerned with prioritizing a list, that means they are unable to see how what they are doing now will carry them in the future unless one realizes their own weakness and tailors a plan to confront this weakness (that's for another time); This is Ni seeking. Not being able to tell the outcome of certain events makes one who is weak at incapable of sizing which action to take.
    "Types that value always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future."

My interests are drawing, because sometimes it's easier for me to explain things graphically than verbally.
    Visual expression is not type related as any type is capable of artistic expression, some just don't want to do it.

Honestly? I really don't know. I suppose it depends how you define "get along great." I feel like none of them can provide me with what I want... it's not their faults, that just how it is...
    Not being able to answer this means that you're more likely to keep relations with people on a positive note, that is being a positivist type and also inability to hierarchy your relations means that you're not focused on keeping relations at all levels as Fi bases are inclined to do, out of judging.

My greatest desire is for my ideas to be appreciated by someone, I suppose. It often seems to change.
    Ne Role. You're not suggesting someone do Ne, you switched to Ne.

My greatest fear is wasting time. I always feel like I have all this time, but never know how to use it... but I continue to procrastinate... but whenever I try to get down to business, I fail to see the point anymore...
    Ni Suggestive tells you how to use your time :

"The individual is attracted to people who are confident in their ability to evaluate where present trends are leading and to choose the opportune moment to initiate action, or to refrain from it. "
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Ni

You need someone to help you choose something to direct your energies hence take action.

Well... that's kind of hard. I guess I will edit this post when I have more time.

Wants too much, insightful, shy, cowardly, too literal... like before, I guess I will add more when I have time.
    too literal, sticking to systems/ things you've read is Ti PoLR; are you very detailed?

I type you SEE type. And, I confirm that.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-09-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhh, I don't think that's right, Maritsa. She comes off really introverted.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extratim? : O

I... are you sure? o.o

EDIT: I'm a he, actually >_> Couldn't tell by my avatar?
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InkStrider View Post
    Uhh, I don't think that's right, Maritsa. She comes off really introverted.

"Comes off"? That's a false observation if there was ever one. You can't tell how HE comes off on a forum. For example, there can be very expressive introverts who find writing as an outlet to express their inner world and find writing on a forum to be a safe environment of the expression of their feelings and things on the inside, seeming extraverted.

And socionics has more to do with functions and their expression. In every Te there's an Fi, an introvert and in every Se, there's an Ni, and introvert and vice versa.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Extratim? : O

I... are you sure? o.o

EDIT: I'm a he, actually >_> Couldn't tell by my avatar?
    Yes, I'm sure, try it, find an Ni base type like MegaDoomer and ask for advice regarding what to do and you can see how he helps you figure that out.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    "Comes off"? That's a false observation if there was ever one. You can't tell how HE comes off on a forum. For example, there can be very expressive introverts who find writing as an outlet to express their inner world and find writing on a forum to be a safe environment of the expression of their feelings and things on the inside, seeming extraverted.
    But don't you need more information in order to tell? You can't type based off a couple of sentences. We don't even know him. Heck, we can know a person for years and still can't figure out their type, how much less based off a couple of sentences?

It's even on the sticky:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatbox sticky
    That's funny. I mean, you've got all those galleries with celebs in, typed correct it seems, you never talked with them, met them, but you know their type. I remember I registered on here and saw people having trouble typing their loved ones not to mention having trouble with their own types, so it is pretty hilarious.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... I'm looking at the wikisocion page (yes, I am aware it's not the best resource, but...)

1. The player who is always busy conquering people of the opposite sex and bragging of his or her social and sexual prowess.
    2. The aggressive trainer who likes to whip people into shape physically or socially and make them be more effective in society.

...No way.

Also, socionics.com

They just live in "now", "now" meaning day by day, second by second. They think life as a big party... no jokes here: they want to have fun, then have fun... and have fun!

...once again, no way.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

But don't you need more information in order to tell? You can't type based off a couple of sentences. We don't even know him. Heck, we can know a person for years and still can't figure out their type, how much less based off a couple of sentences?

It's even on the sticky:
    All I need is at least two functions and to figure out what the person does with them. Ignores them, then it goes into ignoring. DS's it then they are looking for that function's support or in classical Socionics supplement (meaning the person can't produce enough of that function's information, which they value).
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well... I'm looking at the wikisocion page (yes, I am aware it's not the best resource, but...)

1. The player who is always busy conquering people of the opposite sex and bragging of his or her social and sexual prowess.
    2. The aggressive trainer who likes to whip people into shape physically or socially and make them be more effective in society.

...No way.
    Try Filatova and let me know what you think of it...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ion-(Filatova)
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I need is at least two functions and to figure out what the person does with them. Ignores them, then it goes into ignoring. DS's it then they are looking for that function's support or in classical Socionics supplement (meaning the person can't produce enough of that function's information, which they value).
    What of Se and Fi has he accepted? If the man himself says no, it's most likely a No, IMO. You can't force a type onto a person, if they obviously feel it isn't right.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, unless I'm in denial, a can say with 100% certainty SEE is not me:

Installation of the consciousness in the leading bloc: The SEE is characterized by the drive to expand his influence, by the desire of authority and glory. In order to realize these goals it is necessary to learn how to control people, by manipulating their weaknesses and avoiding their strengths so as to never be conquered.

Irrepressibly he approaches his goals and, at any costs, tries to reach them. “Only success, only victory!”
    ...Nope

Perhaps the most opposite of reality:

Energetic and noisy, he creates the impression that he is occupying as much space as possible.
    I don't think I would agree to this statement in a million years.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How old are you?
    -

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16. I turn 17 soon.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We'll revisit your type when you've fully developed (aka 22 on).
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll revisit your type when you've fully developed (aka 22 on).
    What do you suggest he do in the meantime?

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. That's... going to take a while. I'm still tired of waiting for everything though...
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I see. That's... going to take a while. I'm still tired of waiting for everything though...
    Why do you have an interest in Socionics?

In the mean time, please find Ni ego friends who can help you figure out the course of actions you can take that are beneficial to you. You may benefit from friendly relations with your benefit relations, but from ESTj, you can expect that they always will have too much on their plate and may not have the time to help you.

oh, my typing of you is still SEE and final.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"The SEE – men with bright and intense emotional range – from angry indignation to noisy enthusiasm. He thus always finds himself included in the emotional situation, he is ready to act: to help, to sympathize, to fight, to condemn, - and no matter how he expresses his relation to that occurring he is always absolutely confident in the correctness of his sentence."

You, here on the forum, have displayed how you feel, what your thoughts on relationships are. Do you relate to the above.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you have an interest in Socionics?

In the mean time, please find Ni ego friends who can help you figure out the course of actions you can take that are beneficial to you. You may benefit from friendly relations with your benefit relations, but from ESTj, you can expect that they always will have too much on their plate and may not have the time to help you.

oh, my typing of you is still SEE and final.
    You judge too quickly. A better advice would be to get off the forum and live life, while perhaps keeping a mild interest in the theory just for fun.

"The SEE – men with bright and intense emotional range – from angry indignation to noisy enthusiasm. He thus always finds himself included in the emotional situation, he is ready to act: to help, to sympathize, to fight, to condemn, - and no matter how he expresses his relation to that occurring he is always absolutely confident in the correctness of his sentence."

You, here on the forum, have displayed how you feel, what your thoughts on relationships are. Do you relate to the above.
    He's already said he doesn't.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Don't give me advice I can't use. I have LSE in my life who can always give me plenty of that. You have no idea how I feel right now.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give me advice I can't use. I have LSE in my life who can always give me plenty of that. You have no idea how I feel right now.
    The advice wasn't directed to you...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, that's great advice for you Taknamay, I agree with InkStrider. What you could do is join groups based on your interests or start some of your own. I'm sure you'll head off to college soon, and most colleges have great groups and activities. You have great ideas and you're a very warm and personable guy.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of don't. It's rather important to note that I act quite differently in this forum than I do in my personal relationships, as I imagine it is with anybody, with varying degrees. I'm not sure I have ever condemned anything since I've been here... In person, if someone is frustrating me, I will just try to be alone to sort through things. On the internet, it's kind of strange, like I'm alone but at the same time talking to someone else... I think that greatly modifies the way I communicate.

In any case, I agree that perhaps I should take a much more casual interest in Socionics.

EDIT: There's something else I have been thinking about. There are two main different tones that I think I take when I'm talking with people: When I'm paying attention to what I'm saying, and when I'm not paying attention to what I'm saying. When I'm paying attention to what I'm saying I tend to take great care not to offend people. Often, though, if I am depressed, anxious, etc I will say things I don't necessarily mean because I don't feel understood. For example, when I am calm I rarely use hyperbole.

That's the best way I can describe it right now. It just perplexes me that you have such confidence that I am SEE.
    Last edited by Taknamay; 10-10-2011 at 01:25 AM.
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the best way I can describe it right now. It just perplexes me that you have such confidence that I am SEE.
    Ignore Maritsa. If you really want to find your type, talk to other people instead. If you listen to her, you'll simply end up misled. Forget about the lousy SEE typing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I kind of don't. It's rather important to note that I act quite differently in this forum than I do in my personal relationships, as I imagine it is with anybody, with varying degrees. I'm not sure I have ever condemned anything since I've been here... In person, if someone is frustrating me, I will just try to be alone to sort through things. On the internet, it's kind of strange, like I'm alone but at the same time talking to someone else... I think that greatly modifies the way I communicate.

In any case, I agree that perhaps I should take a much more casual interest in Socionics.

EDIT: There's something else I have been thinking about. There are two main different tones that I think I take when I'm talking with people: When I'm paying attention to what I'm saying, and when I'm not paying attention to what I'm saying. When I'm paying attention to what I'm saying I tend to take great care not to offend people. Often, though, if I am depressed, anxious, etc I will say things I don't necessarily mean because I don't feel understood. For example, when I am calm I rarely use hyperbole.

I have that confidence because I see that you're seeking Ni. From there on, you can only be two type, SEE or SLE; an example of an EII seeking Te, is someone who they wish would organize things for them. Unlike EII, SEE are quite capable of producing enough energy to do a lot of work, hence activated to be productive, Te activation. Unlike myself, just sanitary and not wanting to be very active; my mother is a good example of suggesting Te, she suggests how I should organize my stuff when I don't have the energy, instead, my LSE boyfriend will not make suggestions to me but will do the work himself.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have that confidence because I see that you're seeking Ni. From there on, you can only be two type, SEE or IEE; an example of an EII seeking Te, is someone who they wish would organize things for them. Unlike EII, SEE are quite capable of producing enough energy to do a lot of work, hence activated to be productive, Te activation.
    IEE are not Ni seeking.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    IEE are not Ni seeking.
    losing my head at total frustration, sorry, SLE.

Ignore Maritsa. If you really want to find your type, talk to other people instead. If you listen to her, you'll simply end up misled. Forget about the lousy SEE typing.
    Yeah, don't listen to me, God knows I could be right and rational.
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've told this story before, but I will say it again, there was a child at my lunch table during my freshman year of high school who was teased often. He insisted to sit at this lunch table, which I did not understand. I thought to myself, "why would anyone WANT to sit at a lunch table where they were not wanted? If it were me, I would rather sit by myself." I say this because an incident happened in middle school where I did exactly that: I did not feel comfortable at my lunch table, so I sat by myself instead. To me, this child must not have minded the teasing very much.
    I wonder how could this be explained in terms of socionics? Fe vs Fi?
    As for your type, maybe LII?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast