Thread: An SLE 6w7 CP sp/sx/so " a walking contradiction"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default An SLE 6w7 CP sp/sx/so " a walking contradiction"

I am the above mentioned type. I think it causes "mike tysons disease." The SLE is supposed to be a calm, fearless and confident in control personality. But the enneagram 6 is a nervous, anxious unconfident person who has trust and issues in believing in anything. Then to compensate with being "lost" said individual either becomes a withdrawn quiet guy who stays in the corner or just goes completely nuts and makes outrageous shows of force and aggression like a mad dog who cannot be controlled. What is this enigma supposed to do with his life???

I'm not going to become a professional boxer anytime soon so I need some good suggestions. Any other 6w7s on here that understand my state? What have some of you done to quell these anxieties and actually feel secure?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    I am the above mentioned type. I think it causes "mike tysons disease." The SLE is supposed to be a calm, fearless and confident in control personality. But the enneagram 6 is a nervous, anxious unconfident person who has trust and issues in believing in anything. Then to compensate with being "lost" said individual either becomes a withdrawn quiet guy who stays in the corner or just goes completely nuts and makes outrageous shows of force and aggression like a mad dog who cannot be controlled. What is this enigma supposed to do with his life???

I'm not going to become a professional boxer anytime soon so I need some good suggestions. Any other 6w7s on here that understand my state? What have some of you done to quell these anxieties and actually feel secure?
    Intimate Eight ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Sean, are you definitely a Six?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Yeah, Sean, are you definitely a Six?
    according to strrng i am, so i guess so guess so

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, forget strrrng for a minute - going off your own judgement, are you a Six or an Eight? Could you be an Eight?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Okay, forget strrrng for a minute - going off your own judgement, are you a Six or an Eight? Could you be an Eight?

i see myself in both descriptions

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see myself in both descriptions
    Read this.

Misidentifying Sixes and Eights

Sixes and Eights are aggressive, although only the Eight is an entirely aggressive personality. Sixes react both to their fears and to other people and constantly oscillate from one state to another, from Level to Level. They are ambivalent and passive-aggressive, evasive, and contradictory. In contrast, Eights have solid egos and formidable wills; they keep pushing others until they get them what they want. There is little softness in Eights and even less tendency to comply with the wishes of anyone else. They have no desire to be liked or to ingratiate themselves with others. Rather than look to others for protection, Eights offer protection (patronage) in return for hard work and loyalty.

As different as these two types are, they are nevertheless similar at Level 6–but only at this Level. At this stage both Sixes (The Authoritarian Rebel) and in Eights (The Confrontational Adversary) show similar aggressive traits–belligerence, defiance, a willingness to intimidate others, a quick and threatening temper, the threat of violence, hatred of others, and so forth. However, Eights arrive at this stage as a result of constantly escalating their pressure on others to get what they want until they have become highly confrontational and combative. Sixes arrive at their state from a very different route–in reaction to their vacillation and dependency. Sixes become aggressive because they do not want to be pushed around anymore; Eights become aggressive to push others even more.

The essential difference is that Sixes eventually will yield and their defenses will crumble if enough pressure is applied to them, whereas opposition to Eights only encourages them to remain defiant and to meet their adversary with renewed aggression.

Both types at this Level can be dangerous; ironically, Sixes are probably more dangerous at this stage than Eights since they are anxious and may strike out at someone impulsively or irrationally. On the other hand, average Eights are more rational: they take the odds of success into account at every move. If and when they finally do become violent, however, Eights are more dangerous than Sixes because they are more ruthless, and the momentum of their inflated egos makes them feel that they can and must press onward until their enemies are utterly destroyed. Eights eventually become megalomaniacs (and may be destroyed after they have destroyed others). By contrast, unhealthy Sixes eventually become self-defeating (and may be destroyed by their own fear). Compare G. Gordon Liddy and Mike Tyson (Sixes) with Henry Kissinger and Muhammad Ali (Eights) to understand more about the similarities and differences between these types.

6s are much more likely to align themselves with people who appear to know what they are talking about. I think there is a mindset among 6s that life lacks sufficient people and things to be anchored to for security...like a constant ungroundedness.

An 8 aligning themselves with someone is much rarer because it makes them feel submissive and weak.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess id lean more towards six

the passive aggressiveness certainly applies to me. im not as ruthless as the 8 description explains. sounds like a big bully

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sean is too self-confident to be a 6 but I doubt he's an 8 either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Sean is too self-confident to be a 6 but I doubt he's an 8 either.
    then im a 7?

i guess that'd be the closest one...maybe 3?

if there were easier guidelines to type by it would be good but i guess ill go one by one

one-im somewhat of a perfectionist
    two-i try to be helpful to people
    three-im very conscious of how i look (physically at least)
    four-i see very little of myself in that description
    five-again very little
    six-passive aggressiveness is there
    seven-i used to party a lot, but i try not to anymore. im very impsulsive, i love acting and entertaining people if im in a good mood.
    eight-who doesnt want to be the boss of their life? but im very sentimental and i dont think im as crude and brutal as the eight description (sorry I dont see myself being like saddam in any way)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A 7 makes sense for you. Or a 3 too.

You as a 6 though, Idk. I talked to you over the phone and you're just too...naturally direct or something, you don't have the inner insecurities as 6s. I could be wrong though. Maybe I need to get to know you better. Everybody has their insecuirties, but being a 6 is kinda well, it's the most *obvious* battle of internal wills... and overcoming being your own worst enemy. I just don't see you having that issue. You do things, you can motivate yourself to make decisions (even if later you realize they are poor)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well now im kinda annoyed at the enneagram.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    6s are much more likely to align themselves with people who appear to know what they are talking about. I think there is a mindset among 6s that life lacks sufficient people and things to be anchored to for security...like a constant ungroundedness.

An 8 aligning themselves with someone is much rarer because it makes them feel submissive and weak.
    I think this is a good description to distinguish both types.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's true for average 6s. But 6s who are healthy, begin really trusting their own views more and are less dependent on clinging to their friends for their self-esteem, and they begin to feel better relief at where others are wrong, and less worrying about their own.

It's like we realize we don't need to have guidance for every little decision. It's weird I know, but average 6s need permission for basically EVERYTHING they accomplish. A better 6 kinda just 'does it' and trusts his internal self more.

I suppose this has a tendency to feel like 'The fat chick at the prom that finally got in charge of a clipboard' to other people -- but ugh it's nice. Self-confidence, FUCKING FINALLY. WE HAD EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD BUT THIS KICK ASS PWNAGE INSIDE SPIRITY FEELING.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you can either stay a lost mysterious person and a troubled, problematic personality forever and make excuses about it affecting your life as such,

or

do something about it. When you get to making up more and more rationalizations about why you are a certain way, and why you don't like it, and why it makes sense and seems justified, that is an indication of some weird stuff going on (internally). Maybe you should check that out.

That particular issue may not really related to the ennagram. How you deal with it, perhaps, might be.

Really, it's probably just a part of growing up and finding yourself as a person. It's really deceptive to see movies and media and such where heroes are just shown as "the man with the plan" and the answer. And, actually, I can relate somewhat to going between two extremes in that way.

What I've come to realize - whether it may help you or not I don't know - is that when I'm in a more intimate setting or a setting where I'm talking about "deep" things, then the calmness is better and more natural. But when there is more stuff going on, it's also just as natural to be extremely energized and mobilized and push other people towards doing the same or just towards moving forward - speak faster and everything else. For a while these differences were weird, but, over time I seem to be realizing that it's ok to have both sides, or the different facets of myself come through. It did take a good amount of sort of "mis-applying" things to get it right, but, I think that's entirely natural, now that I come to understand it more.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean, you're probably an Eight.

Okay I'm changing my type opinion on him from 6w7 sp/so to 6w7 sp/sx...too touchy/prickly for sx-last flatness...too internally tortured. As a general rule phobic 6s are sx-last and counterphobic 6s aren't.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    Okay I'm changing my type opinion on him from 6w7 sp/so to 6w7 sp/sx...too touchy/prickly for sx-last flatness...too internally tortured. As a general rule phobic 6s are sx-last and counterphobic 6s aren't.
    What about the fact that he is an SLE? That doesn't really make sense for a Six.

Why wouldn't ESTp make sense for enneagram type 6?

That's closest to a fratboy archetype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Mike Tyson's disease" LMAO

To the OP, yes, I understand your state somewhat, but I believe I'm sx/sp. Or so I tested..

I was just talking about "Faith" from Buffy in another thread, but I've probably got her disease. Heh. Almost as pissed as Mike, but not quite.. edit: An'yways, what I do to quell my probs is talk to the people I can trust, I guess. I'm at my worst when I tell myself I'm alone, that no one or nothing is reliable. And on that note (about family and friends), I think it's bullshit to call that "dependency" or whatnot. To look outwards. Self-assurance is a good thing, but there should be some balance.