Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI or SEI, not shore. leaning SLI, goofy david spade subtype.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems SLE to me, Hannibal Buress is probably SLI

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eric Andre

?

The host, Doug, is a card, but whatever. ^^

Irrational Ip/Ep for starters.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate he is a comedian so he is hammy up the behaviour lots. Have any of you ever seen an SLI act so spastic in public? Maybe, I don't know I'm actually asking...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

that was a great interview with Conan

i'm getting IEE-Ne feelers from him (with second pick going to EII-Ne)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta NF. IEE-Ne. positive outlook so/sx.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see EP temperament... i can't figure out quadra or if or dom.

(just from watching the show itself)

IEE did pop to mind several times when watching, but i can't dismiss my other considerations... *is* present, but maybe it's only in role capacity?

his form of harassing people as approaching and rubbing himself all over them seems / somehow... or at least it reminds me of my probably IEE ex from a long time ago. (they get away w it by being kind of cute and adorable about it and also non-threatening in energy... it can get the sort of "you're kinda weird but awwwww" reaction from people... and by reaction i mean, just kind of automatically.)

i don't know if it means anything how when he will create situations on the street and people will start confronting him more dangerously or forcefully he'll just not respond on that level instead going on like a retard... this gets the other person to back off being aggressive usually because their energy isn't being validated or mirrored? but it's interesting that he isn't antagonized.

mainly, the other issue is that he's always acting of course on the show. like even when he's busy pounding his desk, it's clearly just performance... like you can always see the part of him that's calculating his performance under the absurd behavior.

also i get enneagram 3 vibes.

i guess also, putting on one of my hats, i do get that feeling that the is waiting but never comes... or it is hinted at then withdrawn...
    Last edited by marooned; 07-14-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFP(?)

hah i think he is a bit too out there for conan

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only watched the Conan interview. I'll watch more later. Crazy EP dude. Definitely dom subtype. I'm not getting Ti creative really. I think the interview with conan shows a good contrast between like an EP-Ti and an EXFp-Xe. I couldn't say for sure on base function. I can see ENFp. On the other hand, his 'antics' remind me of one of my ESFp friends.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm secretly fond of the ESFp idea... but i didn't have the guts to suggest it. god maybe people are right about E6 not 5 in my tri-type. but seriously, i just don't have a lot of people experience irl, not close experience... i spend most of my time alone, or in my head when i'm not alone (so i seem to always be trying to be alone). and i do see with him, but i'm struggling to determine if it's enough for lead > role. i'm i guess less certain about because i'm not sure if my limited experience with being close to one dom gives me enough... my ex was far more conceptually oriented than andre. i guess i always thought doing things like brutally pounding your desk in for humor is more humor: it's direct and involves actually interacting with the "external objects." but i'm having a terrible crisis with socionics--it's even worse now, if that's possible.

also rubbing himself all over total strangers is a rather forward thing to do and my ex wouldn't exhibit that kind of behavior with such frequency... and would need a private setting like a party where everyone is being a bit more touchy-feely or whatever (private and in context). it wouldn't be to that extent either. but also this is a show, of course. (i don't think my ex would be able to bother with such a show because it's not conceptually heavy enough and its humor *is* often about kicking in desks, or shooting up the stage, etc. i mean it's a very outward physical humor, is it not???)

there is a strange detached quality though to andre, like he's not always actually present or is going through the motions, and i haven't been sure how to interpret that (i wondered if it might indicate intuition). i do probably associate it with E3 a little though.
    Last edited by marooned; 07-14-2016 at 11:32 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i guess i always thought doing things like brutally pounding your desk in for humor is more humor: it's direct and involves actually interacting with the "external objects." but i'm having a terrible crisis with socionics--it's even worse now, if that's possible.

also rubbing himself all over total strangers is a rather forward thing to do and my ex wouldn't exhibit that kind of behavior with such frequency... and would need a private setting like a party where everyone is being a bit more touchy-feely or whatever (private and in context). it wouldn't be to that extent either. but also this is a show, of course. (i don't think my ex would be able to bother with such a show because it's not conceptually heavy enough and its humor *is* often about kicking in desks, or shooting up the stage, etc. i mean it's a very outward physical humor, is it not???)
    I would agree with you. I think Se types' humor will primarily deal with physically interfacing with the environment in order to draw attention to themselves (esp. SEEs, as it concerns people). This is basically what my SEE friend did, and is why i mentioned him. You can see similar behavior with Mac Demarco (ESFp).

Imo, there is (or at least was) a general trend of thought in MBTI forums that ENXPs are the ones that exhibit behavior like this, and the impression might have leaked into socionics a bit. From what i have seen, IEEs are quirky but it tend to take a more mental angle (word-play, looking at the weird side of a situation, etc) . I don't want to say for sure that Eric Andre is not IEE because i haven't seen enough, but, as for the behavior, those are the relationships i see.

there is a strange detached quality though to andre, like he's not always actually present or is going through the motions, and i haven't been sure how to interpret that (i wondered if it might indicate intuition). i do probably associate it with E3 a little though.
    I see this behavior in all EP types. I would say there are Se doms that are very attentive and in the moment, but I've seen just as many that I would say are just as inattentive as Ne doms. In fact, i can't say for sure that Ne doms are usually inattentive. I don't know what i would relate it to. I'm tempted to say ADHD but i don't have a real good basis for that beyond anecdotal evidence.

Edit: after looking a little more, I see more resemblance to a guy who I never really settled in on a typing for but probably was a Beta extrovert. He had a shit ton of mental issues, but also drew people in like flies (sort of a natural leader type). SLE fit him the best, but he was a complete typing anomaly in terms of intertype relationships.
    Last edited by Contra; 07-15-2016 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

he funny

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp haha
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    SEE
    And where do you see the likeness between him, Kristen Stewart, and rogue? At least SEE fits for Eric.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    And where do you see the likeness between him, Kristen Stewart, and rogue? At least SEE fits for Eric.
    I don't look at superficial likeliness like color or skin and such. I look at information being conveyed and how. Kristen Stewart is an actress so naturally she has a more open ability to communicate. During the shooting of Twilight she said something that was very interesting to me. Her director, on several occasions told her, "feel the emotion and let your external face manifest that emotion" She was able to utilize this skill very well. I feel like she can manifest these expressions well. It is simply becoming aware of it. SEE can be paralyzed by perceiving rudeness and aggression, it's not always that they will act on it. Some SEE develop more talking skills are great at it some do not and are particularly shy.

"perceive. When we perceive something, we become aware of or notice it. Sometimes we perceive things by using our senses of sight, hearing, and smell. Or we can use our mind to perceive things, which means that we are able to recognize or understand them."

Common misconceptions are that because Se can observe territory they act up on it with aggression. Not so, again it's a perception function, meaning it takes in information
    It is also the function of contact and apprehension of qualia.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDuring the shooting of Twilight she said something that was very interesting to me. Her director, on several occasions told her, "feel the emotion and let your external face manifest that emotion" She was able to utilize this skill very well. I feel like she can manifest these expressions well. It is simply becoming aware of it.
    Really? Because people always complain about her acting and
    being expressionless. Being an actress doesn't make her SEE.

SEE can be paralyzed by perceiving rudeness and aggression, it's not always that they will act on it. Some SEE develop more talking skills are great at it some do not and are particularly shy.
    SEE can be hurt but they still act on it. You're right that they can be shy, but they're not like this all the time, just in certain settings. And sometimes I am shy and don't "act" on my feelings. But a lot of the time I do, because that is what Se is. You're right that Se is about perceiving, it is; but Se acts on what it perceives and it acts TO perceive. No, ESFp doesn't act ALL the time, because they're Ep. But they act most of the time.

They have creative Fi and they're Ep, so they can be very changeable and look very different from each other, and even one of them alone can have different impressions - yes. BUT they still have something in common with each other, and that's Se.

Common misconceptions are that because Se can observe territory they act up on it with aggression. Not so, again it's a perception function, meaning it takes in information
    It is also the function of contact and apprehension of qualia.
    That's not a misconception. That's the truth. You see it everywhere. It's just one part of the perceiving.

Also, when I meant likeness, I meant in personality. All three of them are very different. There's not even a thing in common between them, except maybe Kristen and rogue who are both low energy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Really? Because people always complain about her acting and
    being expressionless. Being an actress doesn't make her SEE.

SEE can be hurt but they still act on it. You're right that they can be shy, but they're not like this all the time, just in certain settings. And sometimes I am shy and don't "act" on my feelings. But a lot of the time I do, because that is what Se is. You're right that Se is about perceiving, it is; but Se acts on what it perceives and it acts TO perceive. No, ESFp doesn't act ALL the time, because they're Ep. But they act most of the time.

They have creative Fi and they're Ep, so they can be very changeable and look very different from each other, and even one of them alone can have different impressions - yes. BUT they still have something in common with each other, and that's Se.

That's not a misconception. That's the truth. You see it everywhere. It's just one part of the perceiving.

Also, when I meant likeness, I meant in personality. All three of them are very different. There's not even a thing in common between them, except maybe Kristen and rogue who are both low energy.
    If you're constantly going to deny what I'm saying to you than why do you ask? Rogue is an SEE like a quiet shy withdrawn SEE. His video was short. Only enough to listen to very few details about what he thinks of so one has to communicate with him and watch him the way he is to gain further insight
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're constantly going to deny what I'm saying to you than why do you ask? Rogue is an SEE like a quiet shy withdrawn SEE. His video was short. Only enough to listen to very few details about what he thinks of so one has to communicate with him and watch him the way he is to gain further insight
    Because I want you to see that you don't know shit.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fi creative, probably IEE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Very quiet withdrawn SEEs are rare. where do you see him using force?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

some interesting shit going on here(pay attention to forced vs natural)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok he looks pretty darn IEE in that last one

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How ILE was never suggested I will never know... or maybe I do know...