Thread: Hello from a LII

TIM
    LII-Ne/C (INTj/TiNe)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello from a LII

I am a LII-Ne/C (INTj), very interested in socionics, and in need of learning more.

I will probably ask a few questions on this forum while I am here, but for now, I am just going to say Hi to everyone !

I like computer programming, reading, philosophy, gardening, and helping people to understand abstract concepts.

I hope I can get a better understanding of socionics so that it can become more useful in real situations.

(I also hope I can meet someone to discuss socionics in real life one day... I will probably have to check the forum to find someone)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There is "Meet-ups and Penpals" section in case you want to talk about socionics in a direct conversation. Not much sense in this, except it gives a better possibility to type someone and some fun to talk with people.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

howdy. good to hear you are interested. however most knowledge comes from meeting people and observing them and your interactions/feelings towards them for a better understanding of types and relationships. You'll get contradicting information sometimes here. have fun.

TIM
    LII-Ne/C (INTj/TiNe)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I will have a look at "Meet-ups and Penpals".
    @Jarno: why contradicting informations ? Is it because of different socionics approaches or because people don't know socionics well ? (Or is it like mixed with MBTI ?)

I have been looking at videos with interviews with Gulenko (I don't speak russian), they helped me, but yeah meeting and observing people is what I should do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaHilderberg View Post
    why contradicting informations ?
    1) The fact is, any 2 typers have typing match <50%, in case they did not know beforhand opinion of other typer.
    2) There are hypotheses wich some people use, while other people think these hypotheses as bullshit (for example, some peope reject Reinin's traits, subtypes and other things wich are far from Jung and have no good basis).

Why is so, - big another theme.

TIM
    LII-Ne/C (INTj/TiNe)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, thx for this introduction. I just added myself to the Community Map.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    2) There are hypotheses wich some people use, while other people think these hypotheses as bullshit (for example, some peope reject Reinin's traits, subtypes and other things wich are far from Jung and have no good basis).
    Well, isn't it that our personality has multiple layers ? I see the traits as more superficial, ie. influenced by deeper levels of our selves, but it doesn't mean that they are not a part of ourself.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaHilderberg View Post
    Thanks, I will have a look at "Meet-ups and Penpals".
    @Jarno: why contradicting informations ? Is it because of different socionics approaches or because people don't know socionics well ? (Or is it like mixed with MBTI ?)

I have been looking at videos with interviews with Gulenko (I don't speak russian), they helped me, but yeah meeting and observing people is what I should do.
    mostly because they know socionics for a month instead of 5 years. so yeah some don't know it well.
    Socionics gets easyer when you have build a large mental database of types you've met in real life. After a certain treshold typing becomes pretty easy, and everything starts to make sense en come together so to say.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hello!

TIM
    LII-Ne/C (INTj/TiNe)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit more about my learning of socionics:

I have known Socionics for about 4-5 years, I did read a lot, but there wasn't much informations in english at that time. But it did help me greatly, though it took me a few years to become more confident in my understanding. It is like, now I am still learning socionics, but at least I know what I understand from what I don't. Whereas previously I had read many things, but I didn't know concretely how my knowledge fitted to the reality.

For me, it has long been really hard to be able to analyse myself. I could see, and identify many traits and characteristics, but I could not organize them. Everything was blurry. I was like a pile of different and sometimes contradictory facts and characteristics that I could only make sense of by taking a part or another at a time, but which always felt partial and partially accurate. It is only recently that I am starting to see the big picture. And that picture seems to make sense, which I find really great. The big picture doesn't allow me to answer everything, but it allows me to not get lost.

Was it the same for other LIIs ? Well, probably if I had met other people in real life to speak about socionics, it would have been easier to link the theory to the experience.

Unfortunately, other people around me were either not interested to see the rational analytical explanations of relationships and emotions, or I was not sure enough of my understanding to show them the benefits. Yep, probably more my fault: I wasn't confident enough about socionics (just as I wasn't confident about anything that involved relationships and emotions).

TIM
    LII-Ne/C (INTj/TiNe)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if there is a place to put this, it is my LII profile from http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta:
    JoshuaHilderber-profile-LII-aimtoknow.com.gif

Also, hi @lungs !
    Last edited by JoshuaHilderberg; 03-21-2016 at 09:51 PM.