Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The metaphysical and alchemical origins of socionics

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The metaphysical and alchemical origins of socionics

The origin of using shapes as information elements ...

Look closely at the symbols ... This is from book of witchcraft titled "making magic" by Edain McCoy pages 48 and 49 ...

Book found here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Making-Magic-W.../dp/156718670X

The origin of using 1-2-4-16-32-64 ways of mathematically calculating the different types ...

The Eye of Horus Fractions:

And some thing I have been doing with socionics:

And also here:

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know those triangle, square, and circle symbols have historically been used so rarely that this clearly cannot be a coincidence.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Other people have used circles, squares, and triangles before! Who would have thought?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chinese War Strategems are a nice touch.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, notice how noone has used the rhombus. Or these random irregular trapezoids that I happen to like:

I mean, how improbable is that?
    There must be a gazillion possible irregular trapezoids, 1 square, 1 circle, a gazzilion million irregular polygons, even more types of random squiggles, 1 equilateral triangle...
    and 2 different groups of people pick the OUTLIERS. either people are completely irrational or this is an aspect of divine intervention. discuss.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rhombus is the symbol of all that is unholy and the darkness that lurks at the pit of each person's soul. It must neither be seen nor spoken...

For real, don't do it or it will be pretty bad for you.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McNew, call me silly, but I really think you may want to look into the idea that between the two languages:
    circle /= circle
    square /= square
    .... and so on

I think it's possible that there's actually a permutation on it. Like:
    socionics circle = creepy square
    socionics triangle = creepy circle.

I mean it's very likely that God just wanted to fool people and wanted a prophet (if you get my hint <nudge>) to decipher his code.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, have you collaborated with tcaudilllg on this? I think you should. Just an idea.
    And let me tell you, I know potential when I see it.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Also, notice how noone has used the rhombus. Or these random irregular trapezoids that I happen to like:

I mean, how improbable is that?
    There must be a gazillion possible irregular trapezoids, 1 square, 1 circle, a gazzilion million irregular polygons, even more types of random squiggles, 1 equilateral triangle...
    and 2 different groups of people pick the OUTLIERS. either people are completely irrational or this is an aspect of divine intervention. discuss.
    McNew, call me silly, but I really think you may want to look into the idea that between the two languages:
    circle /= circle
    square /= square
    .... and so on

I think it's possible that there's actually a permutation on it. Like:
    socionics circle = creepy square
    socionics triangle = creepy circle.

I mean it's very likely that God just wanted to fool people and wanted a prophet (if you get my hint <nudge>) to decipher his code.
    Also, have you collaborated with tcaudilllg on this? I think you should. Just an idea.

Ritella, it doesn't require three posts of cringe-worthy, obvious sarcasm to get a point across.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Ritella, it doesn't require three posts of cringe-worthy, obvious sarcasm to get a point across.
    okay, i'll just post random monkeys and hope that someone takes it as code for me having an opinion.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Creepy-Cyclops

As a side note, and not related to topic at hand so I won't drag it out, but how on earth does anyone type McNew as INFj or ENFp? Since his return ENTp has been pretty obvious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    As a side note, and not related to topic at hand so I won't drag it out, but how on earth does anyone type McNew as INFj or ENFp? Since his return ENTp has been pretty obvious.
    +1000

or at the very least, not an Fi-ego.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew View Post
    The origin of using shapes as information elements ...

Look closely at the symbols ... This is from book of witchcraft titled "making magic" by Edain McCoy pages 48 and 49 ...
    The correspondence of the symbols for the information elements doesn't correspond with the symbols of those elements. If they used them as source, why would they have changed the connection.

But if you intrested in these kind of occultic connections. I suggest buying 777 by Aleister Crowley.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like reading Umberto Eco's - Foucault's Pendulum all over again.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    There are no coincidences.
    If we just develop the magical elements a little, and introduce external and internal versions, we get that :
    / = external/internal air
    / = external/internal fire
    / = external/internal water
    / = external/internal earth

Clearly, my Avatar then says NiFe (internal fire=, external water(bubble)=)

Ritella's Avatar seems to say FiNe (the woman looks drunk, so internal water=, and sexy= external fire = )

rmcnew's says NeTi (hot babe = external fire = , internal lune = earth = )

I'm sure we can see similar patterns in all of your Avatars. Probably we could type you all based on this. I'm certain there are patterns here!!! We just have to look closely.

Socionics is finally on to something BIG!!!
    Nu-uh, just look at the shape of your avatar, it's in , a.k.a. the black square, and that water bubble is clearly . which tries to limit your usage of fiery .
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    There are no coincidences.
    If we just develop the magical elements a little, and introduce external and internal versions, we get that :
    / = external/internal air
    / = external/internal fire
    / = external/internal water
    / = external/internal earth

Clearly, my Avatar then says NiFe (internal fire=, external water(bubble)=)

Ritella's Avatar seems to say FiNe (the woman looks drunk, so internal water=, and sexy= external fire = )

rmcnew's says NeTi (hot babe = external fire = , internal lune = earth = )

I'm sure we can see similar patterns in all of your Avatars. Probably we could type you all based on this. I'm certain there are patterns here!!! We just have to look closely.

Socionics is finally on to something BIG!!!
    lol. my avatar looks drunk?!

Btw, McNew, thank you for the "[this may offend some people]" warning. I daresay that was the best part of this whole thing.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just in:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Phaedrus Past View Post
    I have studied this more than anyone in the whole world. The Circle-Square-Triangle-moon=/-/-/-/ thesis holds true.
    There you have it folks. Believe what you want. Now I know the truth.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is actually not impossible. There is a strong association with the occult between the life and consciousness axes of the id. (which, I observe, must be the foundational nature of all)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The use of powers of two is based on the fact that two is the smallest integer that consistently increases when multiplied by itself repeatedly. I think Socionics could actually use a three somewhere, but it would take a special effort to bring that about.

Any occult connection would have to be traced from the writings of Jung, not the symbols brought to the West.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's dialectic: thesis-antithesis-synthesis-antisynthesis

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    It's dialectic: thesis-antithesis-synthesis-antisynthesis
    Er... which of the fifty things we've talked about in this thread is dialectic?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You are right, but I am able to change my own personality type at will now that I understand the underlying laws behind all typings. I have also been ENTj, INTp as of late.

And ENFj and INFp towards some other people.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't he permanently and irrevocably ?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You know those triangle, square, and circle symbols have historically been used so rarely that this clearly cannot be a coincidence.
    I think that anyone who has any interest in socionics apart from anything else would want to make it seem as though there was absolutely no way that origional socionics as it was early devised is nearly 100% taken from secreted alchemical information that has slipped into religions such as wicca. Perhaps it would be somewhat challenging to prove that the few orioginal founders of socionics did not really invent socionics, they simply reinterpreted something occultic and obscure, and were able to get away with some degree of plagarization, because no one really knew about the alchemical processes anymore.

That probably does not sound pleasant, but one thing for sure is that I appreciate the fact that these things can once again be talked about without the threat of anyone being put to death. I suppose where it all came from does not matter in that regards.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The correspondence of the symbols for the information elements doesn't correspond with the symbols of those elements. If they used them as source, why would they have changed the connection.

But if you intrested in these kind of occultic connections. I suggest buying 777 by Aleister Crowley.
    You apparently do not understand the included diagrams, which does indeed show a connection ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    I thought it started with Jung's classifications of cognitive functions that fell into eight major classifications which was later tweaked by some Russian chick and then some other Russians to get something along the lines that we have now within the last century.
    Jung did not use the information elements, but much of the same came from alchemical sources. Jung blatently admits to formulating his theory from alchemy, funny thing is that most socionist from Russia and elsewhere seem prejudiced towards any connections whatsoever, even in the face of blatant obviousness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tcaudilllg is the only one who even remotely has a clue what any of this means; atleast he has been the only one to make intelligent enough observations that shows he has some understanding of the same connections I have made.

Unfortunately everyone else seems to have ignorantly resorted to some types of sarcasm that proves nothing for or against, or has tried to make the connection not seem obvious that socionics got the information elements from alchemy, just as religions such as wicca got those signs from alchemy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Isn't he permanently and irrevocably ?
    No one is permanently or irrevocably anything, though people tend towards certain tendencies for whatever reason until certain things about themselves come to the conscious side. Then, they learn control over those tendencies and can change them into others.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McNew, are you going to attempt to force people on here to believe/follow this, or are you going to let them come to their own conclusions and make their own choices about it?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that anyone who has any interest in socionics apart from anything else would want to make it seem as though there was absolutely no way that origional socionics as it was early devised is nearly 100% taken from secreted alchemical information that has slipped into religions such as wicca. Perhaps it would be somewhat challenging to prove that the few orioginal founders of socionics did not really invent socionics, they simply reinterpreted something occultic and obscure, and were able to get away with some degree of plagarization, because no one really knew about the alchemical processes anymore.

That probably does not sound pleasant, but one thing for sure is that I appreciate the fact that these things can once again be talked about without the threat of anyone being put to death. I suppose where it all came from does not matter in that regards.
    Actually, it's interesting that you should say this, since more and more socionists have been talking openly about Aushra's ties to Theosophy and Sufism. She confided in a few close followers of her astral connection to the Great White Brotherhood. It is well possibly she originally obtained the symbols from the Gundestrup cauldron, and her teachings on duality are marvellously reminiscent of the tawhīd. Aushra saw as a sort of "aether" uniting the other elements, and she would exert the chakras with chants of "Eko! Eko! Azarak! Eko! Eko! Zomelak!"
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it's interesting that you should say this, since more and more socionists have been talking openly about Aushra's ties to Theosophy and Sufism. She confided in a few close followers of her astral connection to the Great White Brotherhood. It is well possibly she originally obtained the symbols from the Gundestrup cauldron, and her teachings on duality are marvellously reminiscent of the tawhīd. Aushra saw as a sort of "aether" uniting the other elements, and she would exert the chakras with chants of "Eko! Eko! Azarak! Eko! Eko! Zomelak!"
    ROFL !!!!!! Oh god that's funny!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is quite transparent that you are now just trying to counter bullshit with bullshit, and you want to convey that there is no correlation in any of those things. I am not falling for it.

Apparently no one is up to any serious discussion concerning this and would rather fart around and be sarcastic where it is not needed. Suit yourselves, I only keep what I think is useful and throw out the rest anyways.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    McNew, are you going to attempt to force people on here to believe/follow this, or are you going to let them come to their own conclusions and make their own choices about it?
    If people could come to their conclusions about what I have presented without being sarcastic jerks I am all for that. Of course I knew people were going to do that, which is why I made the title thread the way I did. It seems no one cares where any of this really came from.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people could come to their conclusions about what I have presented without being sarcastic jerks I am all for that. Of course I knew people were going to do that, which is why I made the title thread the way I did. It seems no one cares where any of this really came from.
    That's nice, but it didn't really answer my question.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here is a question for anyone else ...

Has anyone actually tried researching the 36 chinese strategems, and while using the charts I have made compare them to type descriptions ... ?

Has that crossed anyone's mind at all ... ?

When you see strong correlations, it is obvious that socionics and the others are based on halving a circle and finding polarities.

As for everything else, Good grief ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm totally fudgin' shocked.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure this is a joke.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    I'm not sure this is a joke.
    It is a joke ... he was attempting to reconvey his feeling that there was no correlation between alchemy, the information elements and the wiccan symbols, and whatever else by making up a bullshit story that seems believable, yet everything in it has no real correlation whatsoever.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

And here is a question for anyone else ...

Has anyone actually tried researching the 36 chinese strategems, and while using the charts I have made compare them to type descriptions ... ?

Has that crossed anyone's mind at all ... ?

When you see strong correlations, it is obvious that socionics and the others are based on halving a circle and finding polarities.

As for everything else, Good grief ...
    Yep, read them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Yep, read them.
    Then can you, perhaps, say something intelligent about why or why not what I have presented is viable besides just repeating "no correlation" over and over again without saying anything else or being unnecessarily sarcastic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast