Thread: Ni as it manifests in individual behavior in all fncts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni as it manifests in individual behavior in all fncts.

I see this:

Ni-base: Trippy head, melancholy, masochism, self-confidence, pessimism, disappointed with the world, usually stable life, tendency towards self-destructive behavior and depression, presuming patterns which will probably repeat themselves, good insight into people which they generally keep to themselves, acting very subreptitiously (secretly, suddenly pulling the carpet off someone). Tendency to criticize everyone or almost everyone when requested their opinion abt the person. Tendency to live too much in the here-and-now. Sudden bursts of optimism and confidence in life which usually last from hours to months. Generally depressed mood.

Any ideas on this?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunnoooo.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Ni-base:
    presuming patterns which they think will probably repeat themselves
    good insight into people
    acting very surreptitiously (secretly, suddenly pulling the carpet off someone)
    Tendency to not live much in the here-and-now.
    revised

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't understand what you're trying to say to be honest

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Tendency to criticize everyone or almost everyone when requested their opinion abt the person.
    I don't notice this as much in IEIs as in ILIs. My guess is that the critical tendencies are more an effect of creative Te/Mobilizing Fi: misanthropy (that which goes beyond the normal nagging that is characteristic of humans in general) is not uncommon in both ILIs and SLIs.

Also, Ni-base types do act very surreptitiously, but this manifests itself in both good and bad ways. What is good and what is bad, often depends on the recipient of their actions. So I guess 'surreptitiously' is sort of a one-sided value judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    revised
    Agreed.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I don't notice this as much in IEIs as in ILIs. My guess is that the critical tendencies are more an effect of creative Te/Mobilizing Fi: misanthropy (that which goes beyond the normal nagging that is characteristic of humans in general) is not uncommon in both ILIs and SLIs.

Also, Ni-base types do act very surreptitiously, but this manifests itself in both good and bad ways. What is good and what is bad, often depends on the recipient of their actions. So I guess 'surreptitiously' is sort of a one-sided value judgement.

Agreed.
    That's true, but what IEI does that ILI doesn't is that it circles around something that causes a certain emotion, kind of like throwing it in someone's face until some feeling response is gained back from the subject.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    That's true, but what IEI does that ILI doesn't is that it circles around something that causes a certain emotion, kind of like throwing it in someone's face until some feeling response is gained back from the subject.
    I have no idea what this means in real life, but it does make me want to make passionate love to you!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have no idea what this means in real life, but it does make me want to make passionate love to you!
    LOL

that means let's say I tell an IEI "I think you're mean." What an IEI does is it will express this several times in several ways around who ever told them that, to gauge the general feeling of the person who says it. Or the IEI instead of criticizing someone for being stupid, which they are quite capable of doing and actually do very well, will indirectly, in the company of that individual, say "oh but you don't read, right" "so and so, is stupid, they're not into reading" "reading is not a thing for her/him." Just on and on...
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

that means let's say I tell an IEI "I think you're mean." What an IEI does is it will express this several times in several ways around who ever told them that, to gauge the general feeling of the person who says it. Or the IEI instead of criticizing someone for being stupid, which they are quite capable of doing and actually do very well, will indirectly, in the company of that individual, say "oh but you don't read, right" "so and so, is stupid, they're not into reading" "reading is not a thing for her/him." Just on and on...
    Hmmmm... sounds more like something an EIE would do.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hmmmm... sounds more like something an EIE would do.
    behaviorally, they're not too far off from each other.
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. I don't think Maritsa exemplified correctly. Let's say an IEI thinks you're scared in a situation you shouldn't be. The IEI will not directly say you're scared and instead will provoke a situation where your fear comes up (like stimulating your fear to surface) and then comment on it (either to you when it is to help or mock, or to someone else, either helping or mocking). This used to happen when I was a child because I was often insecure and then my IEI aunt would provoke more fear in me in order to show it and then talk to my mother that I should see a psychologist.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh man

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

behaviorally, they're not too far off from each other.
    Not too close, the EIE is much more active, responds to aggressive or perceived-as-aggressive behavior much more readily and is much more proactive imo. Also tends to be more upbeat in general. I see many IEIs very melancholic. "the world is shit and let's play shit then'. This is why they act surreptitiously. Beta-ish to the core lol. No wonder their dual is SLE.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i think a quicker way to describe it is "goading."