Thread: Guessing type based on writing style.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Guessing type based on writing style.

Thought this would be interesting with the whole static/dynamic thing, Gulenko cognitive styles, etc. Feel free to post a text from a book, or blog post or whatever. Anyway, I guess I'll start--what type would you guess wrote this?

Whoever you are, where ever you are… I’m starting to think we’re a lot alike. Human beings spinning on blackness. All wanting to be seen, touched, heard, paid attention to. My loved ones are everything to me here. In the last year or 3 I’ve screamed at my creator, screamed at clouds in the sky, for some explanation. Mercy maybe. For peace of mind to rain like Manna somehow. 4 summers ago, I met somebody. I was 19 years old. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Everyday almost. And on the days we were together, time would glide. Most of the day I’d see him, and his smile. I’d hear his conversation and his silence….until it was time to sleep. Sleep I would often share with him. By the time I realized I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless. There was no escaping. No negotiating with the feeling. No choice. It was my first love, it changed my life. Back then, my mind would wander to the women I had been with. The ones I cared for and thought I was in love with. I reminisced about the sentimental songs I enjoyed when I was a teenager.. the ones I played when I experienced a girlfriend for the first time. I realized they were written in a language I did not speak. I realized too much, too quickly. Imagine being thrown from a plane. I wasn’t in a plane though. I was in a Nissan Maxima, the same car I packed up with bags and drove to Los Angeles in. I sat there and told my friend how I felt. I wept as the words left my mouth. I grieved for them, knowing I could never take them back for myself. He patted my back. He said kind things. He did his best, but he wouldn’t admit the same. He had to go back inside soon. It was late and his girlfriend was waiting for him upstairs. He wouldn’t tell me for years. Now imagine being thrown from a cliff. No, I wasn’t on a cliff, I was still in my car telling myself It was gonna be fine and to take deep breaths. I took the breaths and carried on. I kept up a peculiar friendship with him because I couldn’t imagine keeping up my life without him. I struggled to master myself and my emotions. I wasn’t always successful.

That dance went on… I kept the rhythm for several Summers after. It’s Winter now. I’m typing this on a plane back to Los Angeles from New Orleans. I flew home for another marred Christmas. I have a window seat. It’s December 27 2011. By now I’ve written two albums, this being the second. I wrote to keep myself busy and sane. I wanted to create worlds that were rosier than mine. I tried to channel overwhelming emotions. I’m surprised at how far all of it has taken me. Before writing this I’d told some people my story. I’m sure these people kept me alive, kept me safe.. sincerely. These are the folks I wanna thank from the floor of my heart. Everyone of you knows who you are.. great humans. Probably Angels. I don’t know what happens now, and that’s alrite. I don’t have any secrets I need kept anymore. There’s probably some small shit still, but you know what I mean. I was never alone, as much as I felt like it.. As much as I still do sometimes, I never was. I don’t think I ever could be. Thanks, to my first love, I’m grateful for you. Grateful that even though It wasn’t what I hoped for and even though it was never enough, it was. Some things never are.. and we were. I won’t forget you. I won’t forget the Summer. I’ll remember who I was then I met you. I’ll remember who you were and how we’ve both changed and stayed the same. I’ve never had more respect for life and living than I have right now. Maybe it takes a near death experience to feel alive. Thanks, to my Mother. You raised me strong. I know I’m only brave because you were first.. so thank you. All of you. For everything good. I feel like a free man. If I listen closely.. I can hear the sky falling too.
    Last edited by suedehead; 04-23-2014 at 12:33 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Chris is an expert in Socionics. I'm sure he can help out.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Chris... Clearly? Clearly you aren't Joshing me.
    haha yes. that guy
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if someone is writing in their "normal voice", I can usually get a good idea of their "tone", and that helps

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For years I had forgotten what blind faith was, I was rather a man of skepticism of all truths, cautious of being a sheep and suppressing what I had innately in myself.

I was raised a Catholic, not the most perfect institution, but one I trusted in growing up. As time when on, a dark feeling had erupted inside of me, maybe in late middle school/early high school. I had become skeptical in all things possible, both science and blind faith. And so I began a spiritual search for objective truth, something that was eluding myself. I began reading deep into history, all religions, values, morality, science, philosophy, and lack for a better word, myself. My culture in this period of my life taught me to challenge myself, my beliefs, and my virtues. And so I did, I tested them to the very limits, and it led to deep depression.

In the Navy I had become merely a shell of my former self. Nihilism had taken a hold of my beliefs, and I didn't want to believe it was true, and so I kept my respect for God the father, my belief in Jesus, and the teachings of the Catholic Church deep within myself. Those 3 things still guided my as I tested and read the endeavors of scientific knowledge and measurable objective truth. History and economics showed me the trends of humans. Values showed me personal integrity. Scientific knowledge showed me how to manipulate the physical realm. Testing my physical limits showed me the human condition. My friends and the strangers I've met showed me that humans are not so different after all, and love is possible from all. Philosophy gave the questions I need to answer about existence. And so what was this thing people were seeking? "What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, and resistance is overcome" - Friedrich Nietzsche. This happiness was a power within myself I felt, and something I had to find instead of looking for an objective truth on the outside. And so after objectivity I searched for a sense of self through the dominant psychological functions of inert cognitive personality. And so the theories of Carl Jung I began to search into, finding that spiritual growth is within oneself and that religion had a place in this world in a time that it was being dismantled for its slave morality.

And it was at this time I felt true emptiness. The lack of all meaning in the world had subsided. All physical stimuli had ceased to exist. Even putting myself in extremely dangerous situations did not faze me. I couldn't find truth within myself, but rather what I believed was true from when I decided what was true. And that...that came for me as a little boy. I believed in Jesus Christ, the only son of God, and my Catholic faith. Those were the most fulfilling times of my life, because I believed not in something, but rather only what is. To abandon what I believed "what is" was to throw away "what was", which was to be quite frankly, myself. Call it the placebo effect, but it is the only effect in my life I believe to be true.

And so my spiritual journey has ended, a new chapter has begun in my life. As I look towards the future of this trip around the world, I do not have to search for my spiritual savior, but rather enjoy the times with my fellow man. I have embraced my faith, my faith in the Catholic Church, my faith in Jesus, and most of all...my faith in God. My faith is blind again.

Peace, bitches.

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another poem I made

When did our values dissolve to ancient empires of past
    A machine that eats everything in sight
    For I once recall far away sounds of human voices