Thread: Member Questionnaire (socks)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (socks)

Member Questionnaire 1 (socks)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    I wrote a long convoluted answer, but then I ended up summing it up, so here it is summed up:

So, I would say beauty is something that is everywhere around you, but you just have to be able to enjoy it. You have to be able to have a sense of wonder about things. I’d say that’s something important in life that everyone should have. A sense of wonder…yeah, I like that.

By love, do you mean what’s love when I’m in love, what it is abstractly, what my idea of “perfect” love is or whatever? I’m gonna say it’s being able to just be yourself around someone, whoever that “self” is. It’s being able to just be around someone and just be happy. TV shows show love as some crazy, overly emotional nonsense (no offense to anyone who happens to partake in that nonsense). But I don’t think it’s that, in fact that kind of fundamentally clashes with what I think love should be like. When I’m in love with someone, or hell even just around someone that I love (friends, family, whoever) it shouldn’t be that crazy emotional stuff. It should just be easy. Not boring. It should be calm, and fun, and just being in love without having to prove anything. Love is fun, but it’s also hard. Don’t make it any harder than it needs to be. To quote one of my favorite songs: Love’s such a delicate thing that we do, with nothing to prove.

I agree.
    What are your most important values?
    -
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I’m not overly religious. But the universe is mysterious as it is, so I say…why not? Agnostic, I guess?

People who are too far on either side annoy me. I HATE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. YOU’RE SO STUPID AND I’M SO SMART. GOD DOESN’T EXIST!! Vs. GOD HATES (and we all know the slur that goes here) YOU’RE ALL GOING TO HELL.

Not that different in my opinion.

I firmly believe in the freedom of religion aspect though. Like, why can’t someone believe something? Because you don’t believe in it too? Boo! That’s stupid. Yeah, you can not like someone’s religion all you want, but as soon as you try and take it away from them...

But…then at the same time, there are people like the Westboro Baptist Church. Should they get freedom of religion too? I mean in theory they should. Everyone should be able to believe in what they want. But what if it’s harmful? What if it’s violent? What if their beliefs say that every year on January 22nd one of their people needs to be sacrificed? What then? And what about cults? Where do they fall in this? I think about this stuff a lot.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War. What is it good for? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Sums it up quite nicely

Power….is not bad by itself. Power easily corrupts. I’m not that interested in it. It’s never been a priority of mine.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    People. Not gossiping, per se. But I like to talk about people. Why they do stuff. Who they are, really. My relationships with them.

But that’s all not I talk about. I love to talk about ideas. And a lot of them…have to do with people…never mind. But not all of them. I like to find information and relay it to people. Whatever that information is about. People, science, news, whatever. I love to learn about stuff, and I love it when other people are interested in what I’m saying…or at least seem interested.

I like to talk about TV shows that I watch too. Like what I think might happen, who I think the “killer” or whatever the mystery is, what I think of the character. I like to analyze characters in movies.

I also apparently like talking about myself, because I’ve wrote a lot.

Sorry…
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I’d like to be focused on my body…but I’m not. Sometimes I get overly concerned about it, and become weirdly hypochondriac-like. I suck at taking medicine when I’m supposed to.

I try to eat healthy, but it doesn’t always happen. I’ll usually just eat whatever is around. I’m not that picky.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Ugh.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I like books and films that take me to another place. I like young adult fiction because it’s easier to read (embarrassed). I own a lot of books. I’ve always loved to read, ever since I was little.

I like the whole recent surge in dystopia type stuff. I like to learn all the background about how society became that way.

In school my favorite book we had to read was either Wuthering Heights or The Giver.

I like a lot of movies. I like dissecting them.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    These things make me sad more than make me actually outright cry.

Those freaking ASPCA commercials make me sad every time. Anything to do with animals or small children will make me sad. If I’m alone I’ll cry. If I’m with someone I’ll just change the channel (:

Hearing about people suffering. Human trafficking. Rape/sexual assault statistics. Being alone for too long. BOREDOM. Feeling judged. Putting out how I feel (which I don’t normally do) and it being stepped on. Judgmental people make me sad…for them.

I guess: vulnerable people (including myself as the case may be) being taken advantage of or stepped on.

Weird stuff makes me smile. I’ve always liked people who seem so normal but secretly have a collection of gnomes or something. Children and animals also make me smile. Telling stories. Puns. Unexpected things. Random acts of kindness. Good music. New music. Nice weather. Finally finishing everything I needed to do and having nothing to do. Childhood pictures of people. Socially awkward people. People who know a lot of information about something. LEARNING NEW THINGS. Flyers that get handed out to you. People who hand out flyers. Fish…I dunno why. Just floating around in a pool. Researching a topic for a paper I have to write. Being around people. When I’m at work and I finally get something that someone was desperately looking for in our store. When someone comes into work and wears a larger size and doesn’t feel judged when I help them. MEETING NEW PEOPLE.

I guess: New/Weird/Unexpected Stuff. Also “the little things”. Also people.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    -
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I’m disorganized. I’m not the most eloquent. I have trouble summarizing (as you can see here). I don’t like talking about my feelings/feeling vulnerable. I can have a temper when people get upset about something that seems irrelevant, or when someone completely misses my point and only focuses on one aspect of what I said. Like THAT WAS ONE SMALL DETAIL STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO IT. But on the flip side I can be passive. I don’t like asking for things like money or more hours at work. I feel uncomfortable doing it. I’m inflexible with inflexible people. Naïve at times. I cannot stand when I don’t get the “whole picture”, like if someone tells me to, say take a certain route somewhere I need to know WHY. Or if I’m reading mystery novels or something I finish them in a few hours because I HAVE TO KNOW. Break everything I touch. Forgetful. I can be somewhat ditzy. Like, I’m not vacuous, but there’s so much stuff up there that it gets into one huge traffic jam. I suffer from diarrhea of the mouth at times.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I spelled diarrhea right on the first try. I’m great with most people. With children. I’m good at figuring out who someone is. I’d like to think I’m creative (not overly “artistic” as it were. I kinda suck at like drawing). I have weirdly good balance on things that are hard to balance on (which is weird because I’m a little klutzy). When I’m under pressure I react well. I’m flexible. I’m disorganized, yes, but I don’t care that much if other people are. I read a lot? I’ve been told I’m “sweet” (sigh). I somehow am a good salesperson a work. Idk how. I don’t have that “salesmen”-ness that some people seem to have. I like helping people. I’m good with quiet/socially awkward people, I can just sort of go straight through it. I’m always late, but other people being late doesn’t bother me. I’m good at coming up with new ideas. Like, I was telling my dad, “you know how there’s always a broken down, piece of crap, Honda on the side of the highway? Well, what the police should do it put a nice engine in a piece of crap car and plant them on the side of highways. Put a cop in there, and then they would catch more speeders!”

If people can’t think of something to do (or at work they can’t think of something to buy) I’m good at showing them the choice that they have. At work, someone will say “Oh I just don’t know what to buy” And I can say “Well, you can get them this shirt, or a sweater, ooh or some jeans. You said they needed jeans right? Or..or..or” On and on. Some customers, though get pissed when I do that. They’re like “TELL ME WHAT TO BUY!” and I just laugh because they’re talking to the wrong person.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Details, mostly. I suck at them.

Umm….that’s probably the thing that causes the most problems in my life, details. I’ve never summed something up like this. I’ve never been so succinct. It’s weird.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    -
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I get along with open-minded people. And I know, I know, everyone thinks they’re open-minded. But not everyone is. I like people whose open-mindedness meshes well with my own. I don’t like people who judge things or people right off the bat. I don’t like people who assume what other people do or say is the end-all-be-all of who that person is. Like, good people do bad things and bad people can do good things. I believe everyone is redeemable. I DON’T LIKE CYNICS. I THINK THEY’RE KIND OF STUPID. LIKE TO CLOSE YOUR MIND TO ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD IS DUMB. My one friend is like that. She’s proud of her cynicism. Ugh. I don’t like insensitive people. I like quieter people.

I don’t like overly aggressively in your face I FREAKING LIKE YOU people. There’s this dude at work like that towards me…and I…I just can’t. He gets really close to you (physically) and he touches me, but like roughly or something. It’s hard to explain. He stares at me all the time and talks about how I look all the time. I do not like that. Knock it off. But it’s like the more I try to distance myself from him the more he thinks I like him. NO!

And at a job before that (it was an officey job with interns and stuff), there was this dude, who seemed alright at first. We had our little intern meeting and he sat next to me…nothing weird. Then in the middle of the meeting he put his hand all up on my thigh. And the whole time I’m thinking PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE PREMISICES. THIS IS PRIVATE PROPERTY AND YOU ARE TRESPASSING. Granted I don’t think anyone would appreciate that. Would they? Anyway I just kind of avoided him….and the same thing happened as above.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOU IF I IGNORE YOU. Although, I can act kind of flustered around people I’m interested in. Any confidence kind of goes away and I just do and say such stupid stuff. Ugh. But I also kind of like it when we’re both equally flustered at each other. I can kind of act shy around someone I like. And silly…sigh.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    ^See above
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    -
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I would probably figure out why someone would feel that way.

I'd probably be confused both inwardly and outwardly.

I want to try and follow the train of thought that led them to believe what they do. Figure out WHY. And I'd most likely not judge them unless they were overly convinced in their rightness. I might try to persuade them, but I know enough people to know that not everyone can be persuaded.

If they were sure that their opinion was the only opinion I would just nope right out of that. Bye. See you later. Hasta luego.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I like most people.

I think they're alright.

As I've mentioned, I don't like cynics. I'm in the midst of an ongoing war with them. They, being cynics, are too busy doing whatever it is that cynics even do to realize that we're in a war *shrug*
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    -
    How do you behave around strangers?
    It depends. I’m usually somewhat quieter, trying to assess the situation and the person. I’m pretty amiable and warm around people. But if it’s forced, I become kind of awkward. At work especially since my boss reprimands me for not going up and talking to customers. So, I kind of have to force myself to do it. If I’m not in the right mindset or mood, I just suck at it. But if my mood is relatively middle ground I can fake the peppiness pretty easily. The one dude ^ at work is really good at it. He can start talking to someone like he’s known them his whole life…I cannot. Don’t get me wrong I’m “extroverted” in the everyday sense of the word…but not like that.
    Last edited by socks; 09-20-2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: misspellings

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick scan through.

ISFp > INFp - maybe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, "quick scan" was probably necessary, I kinda wrote a lot.

So...ISFp is Fi-Se?

Hmmm...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

" But I also kind of like it when we’re both equally flustered at each other. "

I'm guessing Si quadra with Fe.
    (nope, not only from what I quoted).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    " But I also kind of like it when we’re both equally flustered at each other. "

I'm guessing Si quadra with Fe.
    (nope, not only from what I quoted).

What else, besides what you quoted, makes you think that?

Si Fe is alpha?

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp is Si-Fe. Alpha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roro View Post
    ISFp is Si-Fe. Alpha.
    Yeah, I figured it out after doing some casual research. I went on wikisocion and did some reading.

So...Fe "creative" then?

Hmmm...I don't know. From what I read it doesn't seem that much like me. I mean it could just be a bad description.

I'll bold what I agree with, underline what I absolutely don't:

Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion
    This person perceives and manipulates the feelings of others very finely, a skilled psychologist. He aims to be liked and sees his own purpose in this. Often likes non-communicative persons who need to be brought into contact, brings them "light". He is constantly involved in the process of ethical creation, can promise something just for the sake of improving relations with someone. Rarely spends time time alone, as wherever there are people he can make favorable impressions and create "good relations". Knows how to advertise himself and how to create the right mood in a group or in conversation with someone. Loves finding negative relations between people and changing them into positive, bringing people together. When there is no necessity to change anything on his personal front, may deliberately spoil relations so that he can mend them later i.e. find work for his creative function. Can impose his wishes onto others so that they look after them as if they were their own. The wishes and desires of others often become his focus as they allow him to improve relations towards himself. Likes risky, spontaneous relations. Knows how to persuade, ideal salesperson of goods and services if such is his vocation. He is best for elevating moods, for bringing groups together. But the inclination towards intrigues may cost him his position, as the fact that he is able to discreetly pass off "white" as "black" and make it out "unscathed" sooner or later becomes apparent if this happens too often.
    I can perceive the feelings of others well (I'd say it's one of the things I do best) but I don't manipulate/change them and definitely not "finely". I think maybe if I bothered to try changing the way others feel, I could probably be good at it, but I don't bother doing it. It's not really a priority. I do like to be liked (who doesn't) and I like quiet people (as I said in the questionnaire).I don't really promise stuff to improve relations. I promise things and I do intend to follow that promise through, but it doesn't ever happen that way. I do like finding negative relations and fixing them. I also love finding "could-be" relationships and trying to make them happen. I see a man my friend might be interested in, and it's like I can see all the ways they can be happy and in love, so I try to make it happen. Meddling I guess. But meh. I definitely don't make relations worse between people. I don't mind finding already negative relations and making them better. I like spontaneous relations. All the relationships (and friendships) I've been in have just sort of...happened. Risky...nah. Elevating moods...no. I'm more inclined to just let the mood be how it is. I mean, I like positive moods (who doesn't) but I don't think I can create them...so that's where the name "creative function" comes from. Passing off "white" as "black"...no. I don't think I do that.

Granted, I did mostly agree with the positive stuff, but I'd like to think I'm pretty self-aware and would be able to know what's negative about me.

I wrote a lot again and I'm sorry

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EIE? Maybe ESE/SEE/IEE

Don't know why people think you're ISFp, you scream passionate type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've taken a couple of tests, but I still wasn't 100% sure, you know?

I didn't want to put the type in the OP because I figured if I put in "Oh I was XXXx" then people would read it and either look at what I wrote and only see that type, or they would look at what I wrote and see everything besides that type.

And yay, a friend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    EIE? Maybe ESE/SEE/IEE

Don't know why people think you're ISFp, you scream passionate type.
    Read the "communication styles" description, and...I agree. Passionate sounds about right.

What would be a way to differentiate between the types you listed (if you don't mind). I mean, I guess I could just read descriptions of each type, but I'd prefer to know more than just the way each type acts, ya know? That seems to be what's in the descriptions. And considering they're all "passionate" types, they probably have stuff in common, at least superficially.

Hmmm....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would pictures help at all?

I know that visual identification is a thing, and maybe it would help...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post

VI gets a ton of different opinion, but sifting thru it can help, sometimes it can confuse the situation if you don't have in-quadra experience as an individual and all your pictures contain other quadra info. There's no reason not to however, but everything in VI is something to be confirmed.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post

hi, yes, please post pics or video as well, if you want real activity when it comes to typing. It helps ppl notice how congruent various images are. I actually think you may be ESE. IEE, SEI as extra options. Tho I don't see a Delta NF calling themselves socks.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you remind me indeed of my brother's gf ... ESE. Let me guess, Enneagram 2w3 sx or so first?

Are you mesmerized by folks breaking in here with such existential questions in a dry tone with no social lubrication? http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...38#post1043238

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram...

When I take the test it's usually a 9w8, 7w6, or 4.

I'm going to feel really stupid saying this buutttt....I could barely follow that post. I read it and my eyes kind of glazed over. The second time through was better. It wasn't so much the content of what he/she was saying, it was....the phrasing? Maybe? Once I read through it again and sort of "translated" what they were saying, it was better. It's weird, I can normally follow somewhat philosophical/abstract/existential type stuff, but something about that....was off. To me anyway.

Some people are easier for me to follow. I swear, I'm not dumb (usually ) but something about that...my brain didn't like it.

When I took calculus (freaking TWICE...once in HS and again my freshman year of college. I got a C in it in college, and I was like welp, no more math for me. It's not that I'm bad at math [I was great in my Statistics class] it's that I find it boring and calculus type stuff doesn't come naturally to me) it was like that. Just dealing with it....ugh...but once I sort of translated what was said into something my brain could understand it all clicked. And, well, once I figured out that it was basically all derivatives.

But anyway...would an ESE like that? Are ESE's "good at calculus", is what I'm saying.