Thread: How did you determine your type(s)?

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How did you determine your type(s)?

As I read through these forums I notice that ways I typed myself compared to how everyone else typed themselves seem to be vastly different in some aspects.

How did you figure out your type?

Why did you use this method to type yourself ?

How accurate do you estimate your typing method is percent% wise?

How certain are you that you are the type that you claim to be percent% wise?

How confident are you in others peoples ability to accurately type themselves?

Has knowing your type or others types change your views about yourself or others? And if so how? And why?
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is a name for what I naturally found myself doing.

Do I trust others typings for me? I respect some individuals typings for myself and have little to no respect for some others.

Do I trust others typings of themselves? Not overly.

As for my type...I would like to be a fly on the wall watching myself, taking an outside view of how I come across to others, my behaviours, interactions, usage of face & body, watch myself think & feel - if only.
    I have looked at it all from so many angles/perspectives and still can't type myself well enough to lock in one type.
    I have many aha moments in regards to my type or others but then find some inter type relationship quandary which makes me often rethink.
    According to tests I am INXx. From my personal understanding of the dichotomies I am either ENTp or INFp and at present I think that one of these may be correct though there are parts of myself which fit with INFj, ENFx & even INTp.
    A male friend who teaches MBTI thinks that I am INTP.
    I cannot give you a percentage which would be accurate.

I find the Socionics method of typing to be better than any other though still think it is flawed.

It has helped me to realise that we think and act differently yet each type serves purposes.
    Last edited by Hays; 09-13-2013 at 12:55 AM.

TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with dichotomies is that there too generalized and stereotypical. They make seem as if introversion, extroversion, sensing, intuition, thinking, feeling, judging, and perceiving are all the same for each type when they're not.

Reinin's dichotomies can be useful if you follow there definitions for each dichotomie and thoroughly understand the distinctions between each set. If you don't you'll get inconclusive results or the wrong type, but I wouldn't use them by themselves or as the main means for typing yourself or others.

I personally rely heavily on my understanding of functions and how they manifest in each types thoughts, feelings, perceptions, behaviors, motivations, and interests.
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My brother listed the options and I picked the one that fit.

Why did you use this method to type yourself?
    I had just found out socionics existed a few minutes earlier. I assumed that was the method.

I haven't had any reason to doubt that I'm an ESTj.

See previous comment.

How confident are you in others people's ability to accurately type themselves?
    I'm not. Something seems to be wrong with a lot of people. Hopping between types, getting confused, setting for something that doesn't fit them...it's like they aren't even aware of their own identity!

Has knowing your type or others' types changed your views about yourself or others? And if so how? And why?
    Sure. Now I can be careful around betas and relax around deltas. And I can tell how likely a relationship is to be successful. And I can make fun of white triangles.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics to me is really just a lot of dots which need reconnecting, connecting, placement, replacement and to be reevaluated again and again as new info emerges in a never ending multidimensional spiderweb like frame.

It's about taking all possible connections into consideration at all times.
    ...combined with aha moments!
    Last edited by Hays; 09-13-2013 at 03:00 AM.

TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    Socionics to me is really just a lot of dots which need reconnecting, connecting, placement, replacement and to be reevaluated again and again as new info emerges in a never ending multidimensional spiderweb like frame.

It's about taking all possible connections into consideration at all times.

That is a very Ne-centric perspective. I won't be able to accept that perspective due to my Ne-ignoring. Socionics may have a multitudes of ever changing variables, and variations, but the underlying truths, patterns, trends will always remain self evident regardless of randomness, chaos, and entropy.
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Phantom,

I'll get back to your psot and answer some questions in a few.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I opened two "type me" threads and self typed at the end as LII. My self typing was considered right by some forum members. I used parts of a Reining booklet, Reinin Dichotomies and several articles about Model A as instrument to type myself. Still, after a two month break from socionics I am very unsure of my type because I also consider ILE, LSI, ILI, ESI, SLI, IEE and EII as realistic types for myself.

Why did you use this method to type yourself ?

Socionics is a complex system, you have to read about it to get an Idea, because I don't trust my self reflection 100% I am also looking for confirmation by people I see as knowledgebale in socionics. I also tried many tests in the internet but the results were to volatile.

I think the best way to get an accurate result is to consult socionics expert in real life and figuring it out together with them. Never tried it though. I think my way to figure it out is not the best way.

About 20%

How confident are you in others peoples ability to accurately type themselves?
    Depends highly on the person but in general not very much because I dont think that self reflection is mens strongest abbility.

Has knowing your type or others types change your views about yourself or others? And if so how? And why?
    I didn't came to the point of being sure about my type nor about the types of persons I know in real life except of one girl. So i cant answer the question.