Thread: Visual Typing

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visual Typing

Just creating this as an extension of my other "Type Me" post. VI me yall.

Old School:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I need a picture taken directly from the side from the shoulder's up; can you manage one?

Yeah, you look like SLI.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I need a picture taken directly from the side from the shoulder's up; can you manage one?

Yeah, you look like SLI.
    Give me about 10 mins...gotta charge my phone a bit before I can take the pic.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree you do VI as ISTp (SLI)

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one you asked for:

And one for fun:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Confirmed SLI. NO. a j type.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-22-2012 at 04:42 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    Yeah I agree you do VI as ISTp (SLI)
    Yeah, you look like SLI.
    Ladies (???), please provide photos of your anuses so other forum members can familiarize themselves with the source of your physiognomic diagnoses.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    Ladies (???), please provide photos of your anuses so other forum members can familiarize themselves with the source of your physiognomic diagnoses.
    Well, I don't see you doing a better job.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman View Post
    Well, I don't see you doing a better job.
    Describe the means by which you're able to determine whether they've competently deduced your info metabolism type from still photos.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

His not deducing his type from still photos; I am.
    -

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Describe the means by which you're able to determine whether they've competently deduced your info metabolism type from still photos.
    Here's what I see: They put forth an effort, you didn't.

You want to diss their typing abilities, how about you show us yours?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His not deducing his type from still photos; I am.
    If your reading comprehension weren't so abysmal you'd realize that's what I said.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

AKA: What physical features they use to figure out your type. ASS HOLE.
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Lol. Vi is just a game but I thought sli when I saw those pictures too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what I see: They put forth an effort, you didn't.
    Effort is necessary to success, but effort isn't equivalent to success. Now explain how you've determined that your mentality has been accurately typed by strangers who viewed a few photos and said nothing more than "you look like...".

You want to diss their typing abilities, how about you show us yours?
    They're freely available through the use of the forum search function. Enjoy.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now explain how you've determined that your mentality has been accurately typed by strangers who viewed a few photos and said nothing more than "you look like..."
    Explain to me how I'd be doing any better by listening to a sideline critic claiming they're wrong.

They're freely available through the use of the forum search function. Enjoy.
    Doesn't help this situation any does it?
    Last edited by Mechman; 03-19-2012 at 01:31 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It seems to me that EK is trying to find some legitimacy between VI and personality when all along I've said that the two are complimentary.
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mechman, ekpyrosos IS "making an effort" and helping by letting you know its bs, I don't get why you're being argumentative about it.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it isn't very helpful to simply state that someone else is wrong without supplying an alternative.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    Mechman, ekpyrosos IS "making an effort" and helping by letting you know its bs, I don't get why you're being argumentative about it.
    Because he's getting on other people for VI me without any explanation, yet he's claiming they're wrong without any explanation.

He's doing the exact same thing they're doing, except on the opposite end of the spectrum.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see SLI. Are you blood type A?

Your personality is also seen in the pictures, as they include a social context! It is not pure VI.

If his pictures were him playing a pen and paper D&D game, playing a synthesizer (alone) and standing around (alone) in a martial arts costume, then a few photos of him in a large group engaged in causal dining at Applebees (a work related team outing) I would have a totally different type for him. I would say EII!

It is not pure bone structure.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The alternative is "don't use vi," obviously.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Because he's getting on other people for VI me without any explanation, yet he's claiming they're wrong without any explanation.

He's doing the exact same thing they're doing, except on the opposite end of the spectrum.
    Do you really need an explanation for why looking at somebody in a photograph isn't a key to understanding their cognitive workings? really, really?

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I can see SLI. Are you blood type A?
    Don't know my blood type.

If his pictures were him playing a pen and paper D&D game, playing a synthesizer (alone) and standing around (alone) in a martial arts costume, then a few photos of him in a large group engaged in causal dining at Applebees (a work related team outing) I would have a totally different type for him. I would say EII!
    So you're saying the setting of my pictures gives away my type? Or you're saying that's why it's difficult to VI me?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explain to me how I'd be doing any better by listening to a sideline critic claiming their wrong.
    Point out where I said "their" wrong.

Doesn't help this situation any does it?
    Only if you're lazy.

It seems to me that EK is trying to find some legitimacy between VI and personality when all along I've said that the two are complimentary.
    BZZZZZZZZZZT. I'm questioning the utility of VI and cautioning against jumping to hasty conclusions, although you did chat this fellow up in his introductory thread prior to eyeballing his pix. Now since we've cleared up your latest mistaken assumption, be so kind as to provide the standard by which you measure someone's type from photographic evidence.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really need an explanation for why looking at somebody in a photograph isn't a key to understanding their cognitive workings? really, really?
    Do I need to make some VI quotes? Really? Really?

Alright.

Visual identification, or "VI", as it is commonly called, refers to the process of identifying socionic types based on visual information alone. Depending what method the socionist has developed, this term may refer to any of the following:

diagnosing types based on photographs or their appearance and movements in video
    diagnosing types based on people's appearance and movements in real life
    using the above as part of the type diagnosis process, but not exclusively

Most often, among enthusiasts, to VI someone means making a guess about a type based on photographs.
    Check it out...there's even a stickied thread about this on this very forum.

This method is known as "Visual Identification." Videos are highly preferable, but if you choose to post pictures (and you certainly don't have to), I strongly recommend that you

1) post multiple pictures, if possible, and
    2) post more than just pictures (i.e. description)

Personally, for visual identification I prefer to have dozens of pictures (or better, someone's whole facebook account), but this is a forum, and there are issues with privacy and space. If you follow these guidelines, the typings you get will be more accurate.
    Not to mention I already got typed via text explanations earlier.

Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do anyways? Give me a break.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fucking with you over the blood type...

A picture says a thousand words. Of course socionic type can be guessed better with dynamic input. Your face alone says very little, except maybe that you are judicous...

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Only if you're lazy.

BZZZZZZZZZZT. I'm questioning the utility of VI and cautioning against jumping to hasty conclusions, although you did chat this fellow up in his introductory thread prior to eyeballing his pix. Now since we've cleared up your latest mistaken assumption, be so kind as to provide the standard by which you measure someone's type from photographic evidence.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...d.php/39301-VI
    -

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nit picking on a spelling error, eh? Here, let me go fix that so it doesn't hurt your feelings.

I'm done with this crap. Sideline critics/armchair warrior arguments are a waste of time.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe vulnerablity triggered his mobilizing Fi to produce a solution to the problem. He expresses dislike (Fi) to balance his uneasyness with the negative feelings he was getting from Korpsey.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Do I need to make some VI quotes? Really? Really?

Alright.

Check it out...there's even a stickied thread about this on this very forum.

Not to mention I already got typed via text explanations earlier.

Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do anyways? Give me a break.
    None of those quotes have anything to do with anything. there are websites where you can get tarot readings and horoscopes too. I'm not telling you what to do. in fact, I'm encouraging you to be more open minded. but okay.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Fe vulnerablity triggered his mobilizing Fi to produce a solution to the problem. He expresses dislike (Fi) to balance his uneasyness with the negative feelings he was getting from Korpsey.
    Not sure what all that means, new to Socionics. Anyways, all that's going on right now is my getting slightly annoyed by the lame arguments being put up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nit picking on a spelling error, eh? Here, let me go fix that so it doesn't hurt your feelings.

I'm done with this crap. Sideline critics/armchair warrior arguments are a waste of time.
    Look into enneagram 6, my sensitive & projecting pal, especially the counter-phobic subtype. E-6 is generally a good fit with SLI, which, though indefinite, seemed a safe bet from your self-description in the other thread.

Note to MrRTR, the other freshly-birthed SLI: put your pride aside and give phobic 6 a closer look. If huffiness on the internet is any indicator, this dude's testicular fortitude leaves yours in the dust.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of those quotes have anything to do with anything. there are websites where you can get tarot readings and horoscopes too. I'm not telling you what to do. in fact, I'm encouraging you to be more open minded. but okay.
    So you're discounting VI completely? Why are you even here?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't like you.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Serious?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Esc - Well I think he was doing something more like providing skepticism than saying it was bs but I can't speak for him.

In any case I have no idea why you'd be incredulous about it. information can be helpful whether it falls in line with the norm opinion or not, you know.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look into enneagram 6, my sensitive & projecting pal, especially the counter-phobic subtype.
    Not really sure where you're getting this, "sensitive/projecting" stuff. I'm a little heated yeah, but I'm far from being pissed off. And whatever "projection" you read, wasn't really, "projection." Most was either sarcasm or just the honest truth, "I'm done with this crap," I say that when I can't get a garbage bag wrapped around the rim of the can.

My issue is that you refused to listen to reason and eventually degraded to pointing out a spelling error, which in my book is basically you saying, "I can't win this debate, so I'm going to ignore the facts and just nitpick". It's just a waste of time. I'm not personally offended and don't feel personally attacked in the least bit. It's just annoying when I make a clear point and it's ignored.

As far as type 6 goes, that's a no go. I've studied the Enneagram for well over a year now and type 5 is pretty much a fit.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like you.
    To each their own.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Lol. This thread degenerated into a train wreck fast.
    I wonder why.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast