Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: think back think wayyy back

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default think back... think wayyy back...

so i was just wondering what u guys were like as kids and if maybe that was an early predictor of your IM preferences later on...

For instance, I got kicked out of gymboree for pushing kids and got kicked out of pre-school cuz i bit too many people. haha hmm... slightly much?

idk this could mean nothing or mean something- who knows? at least we'll all take strolls down memory lane haha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be a demon child from 3-8, pulling on girls hair, torturing my younger cousins, and lighting fireworks and throwing them at kids. Thats also when I started to LOVE to play outside with my friends, and most of my memories as a kid are me with 2 or 3 other buddies playing pogs, shooting marbles, running to see who could cover the block the fastest (natch, only won half the damn time), racing around my neighborhood with my bike, and causing all sorts of trouble. Some video games were thrown in there for good measure too, SNES ruled.

I mellowed out around my teenage years.

And um, now in my twenty's i'm starting to come around full circle.

....Wow.

Edit: Thanks for bringing back such great memories, i'll sleep soundly tonight.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry.
    Last edited by munenori2; 02-07-2008 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Mis-post.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided I didn't believe in religion in middle school.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lived in the country near a 'mountain', so I spent most of my free time out, alone in the bush (year round). I was also an avid reader, and extremely active. I used to have a lot of play-acting fantasies where I'd be a soldier, explorer, etc., and I used to drive my family crazy with random facts from almanacs, the guiness book of world records, and the sort. Pretty obedient, well-behaved kid, who was popular partially as a result of good bluffing skills.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you saw me at school anywhere between kindergarden and 3rd grade you probably would have thought I was INFp. At home it was completely different. I didn't have friends in school or out, but also wasn't phased by it. I was loud and bossy at home, especially after my brother was born when i was 2. i dominated him fairly often which has scarred him a bit apparently. (he can own me now physically but i still mentally dominate no worries)

Shit went on at my house apparently, but I don't remember a lot of it which might explain this state I was in all the time. constant state of....being satisfied and entertained by myself?

Anyhow...I did random weird things though....like got up on tables and yelled at kids who were annoying me (not really talking to me, just annoying, lol)

I'd get pissed off about having to walk in strait lines all the time so I'd run off in big crowds and hide in bathroom stalls

Then in 5th grade I just got plain mischivious so...from then on i developed this chameleon thing...to "fit in" because this is when i started wanting friends and didn't really know what to do about it seeing as i hadn't worried about it for that past um... 10 years.

meh that sort of thing went on till 10th grade when i got alll crazzzZZzzZZyyy, and found one particular friend who helped things along

oh, periodically throughout all of this i had mock panic attacks about the exisistance of God, couldn't make sense of it...probably because there isn't any but how is a kid supposed to know that?!

anyway.....i cant really tell what type i seemed to be when i was younger because of way too many enviromental issues. thats the point of this story.
    Last edited by Khamelion; 02-07-2008 at 01:11 PM.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was loud and raucous and used to command some of my peers.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...0&postcount=15

There are others I can come up with, but that is a good start.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a kid my family describes me as nice and loving and sweet. How informative.

My teachers always described me as hard to control. My fourth grade teacher called my parents in for a meeting, where he told them "When I walk in the class in the morning, I get all the kids quiet and in their seats, but as soon as I try to take the class in one direction, George has them going in a completely different one."

In fifth and sixth grades I completely rejected my old peer group and became a little more...openly rebellious. I started lighting things on fire. I was the first one of my friends to get a girlfriend (and she was two years older than me ). I also started reading a lot around this age.

In middle school I got pretty nasty. I started listening to Eminem and Marilyn Manson and blowing shit up with molotov cocktails, bombs, fireworks, plain old fire, and making just about everything out of the Anarchist's cookbook online.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see.. spent a lot of time day-dreaming (no change there ).. I remember watching a home video of when I was 4 and I was spouting gibberish.. and I don't mean just stringing random words together, I mean literally stringing random letters together and yet speaking them as though I knew exactly what I meant. I wonder if at that age I was basically speaking aloud the images in my mind. I could probably still do this now if I concentrated on it, but obviously English is the first language that comes to mind when I speak nowadays . It wasn't that I didn't know English at all back then or anything like that, I just seemed to quite happily speak these random...things. Socially I was very introverted although in private I acted a lot more extrovert, although I've always been like this around people I'm comfortable with. Although sometimes I act like it around strangers because it's like a release for social tension. Well, not a release as such, but whenever I'm socially tense or feeling awkward or whatever I tend to act like that for some reason. I dunno, I'm a strange 'un. Always have been, always will be.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was an interesting mix. I was described half a salesman, half a mathematician. A little bit of both but not really either. I did well enough in school but also was often in trouble with the teachers. I had a love-hate relationship with many teachers. I did lots and lots of sports but also spent a lot of time alone with a computer or with legos. I was rather social and even outgoing but my circle of friends was not very big and I didn't actively widen my circle much. I just spent time with the people I already knew and liked to spend time with. I was like a good kid - bad kid mix, extrovert - introvert mix, sporty - nerdy mix. Actually I think I still am. Haha. One defining feature was that I pretty much never read any books. I did read a lot of comics though All kinds of comics. I much preferred interactive learning and computer games to reading books.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a young child, I was hyperactive and got in trouble at school for not staying in my seat and talking too much. I had a lot of friends in my neighborhood and in good weather we'd play from sunup to sundown. I learned to read early, at 3, but I couldn't ride a bike till I was 8. I had a lot of tantrums and I kept getting them even when I was older than when kids generally outgrow them.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    As a young child, I was hyperactive and got in trouble at school for not staying in my seat and talking too much. I had a lot of friends in my neighborhood and in good weather we'd play from sunup to sundown. I learned to read early, at 3, but I couldn't ride a bike till I was 8. I had a lot of tantrums and I kept getting them even when I was older than when kids generally outgrow them.
    A travesty if I ever read one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I had a lot of tantrums and I kept getting them even when I was older than when kids generally outgrow them.
    You probably still do

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    You probably still do
    Probably They've really just changed slightly in format.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    A travesty if I ever read one!
    It was at first lack of a bike, and later lack of someone teaching me how to ride it, and also the whole lack of coordination thing.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i see. Well, I learned how to ride a bike when i was 4, but didn't learn my proper ABC's till I was 8 (I knew how to read, just didn't know that whole alphabet song. thank god for elmo)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was the wild child when I was younger. I had a habit of climbing and running around just about as soon as I learned to walk. I was an explorer and an adventurer. Since I did not have really anyone my age in the area and a creek, I would spend a great deal of my time exploring the length of the creek for wildlife or seeing how various iconic spots of the creek had changed or would try my hand at engineering dams with rocks, clay, and broken branches.

I also had a good number of toys (Transformers, LEGO, GI Joe, etc.) and would create elaborate storylines and characters with them. Sometimes I would recreate movies that I had seen, but I would also make my own variations and plots. And since I thought that I was so creative, I would occasionally try and customize the appearance of these toys. And I did watch a good number of cartoons when I was kid on Saturday mornings and nights after it had become to dark at the creek. But I was also an avid reader on animals and zoology, and would read just about all that I could get my hands on (though preferably stuff with pictures) on the subject.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kids get bikes younger these days. We used to have Big Wheels though. Actually my brother and I shared a Big Wheel. LOL

Supposedly I shared my sister's bike (which had been my mom's at one point), but it was way way way too big for me, and she'd never have let me use it if it hadn't been too big anyway, so I just didn't have a bike. THEN, in a huge fit of injustice, my dad went out and bought my YOUNGER brother a bike even though I didn't have one. He'd told me I couldn't have one because we didn't have money to buy one, and then he ran out and bought one for my YOUNGER brother. I cried and cried. Oh, did I cry. He knew he had done wrong and he did get me a bike too. Then he wouldn't show me how to use it and eventually a friend's dad taught me to ride. So I did learn, but not till I was 8.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAN. Why did he say he didn't have any money right to your face and then go buy your brother a bike???? I don't blame you for crying. I never had a bigwheel, were those fun? I always saw other kids ride em.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I decided I didn't believe in religion in middle school.
    seems quite a lot of alphas do this, and younger ages.

also.. hm is this a sign of low se.. i ran into things a lot..

I also was very creative at a young age.. i was really into stop motion making lots of flipbooks, recording cartoons and drawing each frame. I wrote a lot of stories, taught myself to play piano. That stopped maybe in my mid-teens. I think I started thinking in terms of structure at age 8 (social structures, claiming things were relative, etc).

Also.. dont know if this is related to that but.. at a young age I also developed a STRONG aversion to mysticism, paranormal subjects. I remember even thinking "i dont know where this [aversion] came from" when I was exploring more structured religions (which I did not consider mystical)
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 02-07-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    seems quite a lot of alphas do this, and younger ages.

also.. hm is this a sign of low se.. i ran into things a lot..

I also was very creative at a young age.. i was really into stop motion making lots of flipbooks, recording cartoons and drawing each frame. I wrote a lot of stories, taught myself to play piano. That stopped maybe in my mid-teens. I think I started thinking in terms of structure at age 8 (social structures, claiming things were relative, etc).

Also.. dont know if this is related to that but.. at a young age I also developed a STRONG aversion to mysticism, paranormal subjects. I remember even thinking "i dont know where this [aversion] came from" when I was exploring more structured religions (which I did not consider mystical)
    Doubtful.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Doubtful.
    the "and" part?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    the "and" part?
    Both.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i liked to read a lot, as in, really sort of impressive amounts. funny considering that i don't do it nearly as much as i should now. i was known to enjoy arguing on any topic i could possibly argue about, leading my parents to think i'd be a lawyer. i loved listening to music, but really didn't display much interest in learning to play until i was older. i liked to spend a lot of time outside while my mother gardened -- don't know how much i actually gardened myself. my room was always mess and pretty much disorganized.

what else...

i used to be incredibly curious wanting to take everything apart that i could get my hands on. i think a lot of people could probably relate with this, but my mom always points this out as a source of annoyance with me. as far as obedience in school -- usually i was pretty good in kindergarten and such because i sort of wanted to please people (and please teachers! i really got off on the attention when i was little.) i mean, when i was a teen i did a 180 and i was pretty much horrible. i still made the really good grades, but i sneaked out of my house a lot/got in trouble for rolling people's houses/going to parties and things like this/generally being delinquent.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't have a fun childhood. When you don't talk, that kinda freaks people out, haha. Kids teased me endlessly. Some ass used to refer to me as "the mute", lmao. I hated every minute of school, I hardly went. But I had a lot of friends outside of school who were older. We'd always have sleepovers and what not.

But yeah, being fat, looking like a boy and not saying a word the entire school day really doesn't make you too popular. It stopped in highschool when i realized the importance of speech. It's funny now i see all the kids that treated me like crap and they're speechless that I can acutally talk and look like a female.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I didn't have a fun childhood. When you don't talk, that kinda freaks people out, haha. Kids teased me endlessly. Some ass used to refer to me as "the mute", lmao. I hated every minute of school, I hardly went. But I had a lot of friends outside of school who were older. We'd always have sleepovers and what not.

But yeah, being fat, looking like a boy and not saying a word the entire school day really doesn't make you too popular. It stopped in highschool when i realized the importance of speech. It's funny now i see all the kids that treated me like crap and they're speechless that I can acutally talk and look like a female.
    yeah, i had some problems with this sort of thing, too. i never had a problem with talking, just being teased mercilessly for how i looked.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhealthy amounts of daydreaming, to the point sometimes I would just sit or walk around for hours just daydreaming, not trying to socialize or actually participate in activities. I would hardly ever pay attention in classes, but I would still end up doing average in most of my classes. Because I hardly talked unless directly spoken to, teachers would think I was well-mannered boy and they would usually pull up my grade. I would often get tired of hanging out with friends for long periods of time and would require alone time. In middle school, I thought I was intelligent, but I really had no good capabilities beyond math, science, programming, and manipulating computer programs.

Basically, too much ing.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quiet, good student, read and wrote incessantly, created fictional worlds and storylines, fancied myself a strategist on a grand stage or a martyred do-gooder. Naive, foolish, lonely, a poetic soul, alienated but bearing a smile. Compromiser, mediator, inefficient, sensitive, desiring good intentions and good hearts. Misunderstood, melancholic, but with an ear to what others needed to hear. Sincere, honest, easily hurt, isolated except for my creative impulses. Family oriented, loyal, betrayed, silent, letting nothing out that was too dangerous or unacceptable or could be taken advantage of, self-contained, playing it safe. Good speaker, terse, empathetic, sympathetic, self-conscious, masochistic yet trying to spare others pain, always a child, self-effacing, humble, weak. Lost, seeking meaning everywhere, directionless, taking suggestions later to be judged 'not me', exploring, desiring peace or the piece that was missing. Sojourner.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I relate so much to this. That's almost *me* exactly. I was just always too smart, too bright, and too gay for other people to handle. So I'd shut down. Not really out of fear or shyness, but because people weren't on my level much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I relate so much to this. That's almost *me* exactly. I was just always too smart, too bright, and too gay for other people to handle. So I'd shut down. Not really out of fear or shyness, but because people weren't on my level much.
    couldnt say i related to this... if i got a hint of someone talking about me i'd go talk to em, and like put hot sauce in their milk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    couldnt say i related to this... if i got a hint of someone talking about me i'd go talk to em, and like put hot sauce in their milk
    yeah, possibly more my style as well.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    I was a hyper kid who couldn't stay in her seat or stop fidgeting. I talked when the teacher was talking... actually I just talked all the time. At lunch time I would sneak away from the verandas early to hide in the adventure playground.

I was teased incessantly for getting good grades and being a "walking dictionary", "walking encyclopedia", "smartass", "squid", and generally being smart got me universally disliked (but only in front of other kids, apparently).

I quickly learned that most girls in my classes were nothing short of horrible and proceeded to attempt to make friends with boys instead. If the boys didn't want to be friends with a girl, I had no friends (this happened very frequently until I made a few good friends in high school). I had a hard time making friends.

I played with Barbies, making them act out life as married couples. It was a bit soap-opera-ish, with plots and intrigues and crimes and how my protagonist would deal with the traitors.

I played with Lego, constructing houses, castles and lush tropical islands. I had a set of Islander lego men, with a couple of witch doctors included -- which I made use of, constructing elaborate altars and shrines where they would perform their arcane rituals (necromancy and human sacrifice were both common). I had pirate lego men too, who had to avoid sharks and crocodiles in their hunt for treasure (there was much blood-shed and losses of limbs -- hooray for lego men with their detachable body parts).

I couldn't roll my r's with the tip of my tongue, tie my shoelaces, catch a ball or ride a bike without training wheels until I was about 10 (lack of coordination).

I constantly had my nose in a book during the day. At night, I would wait until I thought my mum was in bed and then turn my lamp on to read some more (I never got much sleep, heh).

I was obsessed with dinosaurs, whales, dolphins, gemstones, volcanoes, mythology, ancient Egypt, fantasy/sci-fi (not the genre itself because I didn't really know of the distinctions, but I always liked those sorts of books best), tigers, leopards, sharks, Italian, Dutch, computers, shamanism, dragons, music, pirates, ninjas.

Nothing has really changed...

Heh, this sounds a lot like me. I played with Legos for years; my mom rigged this plywood platform in my room to stay up by the ceiling most of the time, but it could be lowered to the floor a bit like a lampshade by a couple of strings. She covered it in felt and made a little landscape thing; I used to build entire kingdoms on that thing I had mostly medieval sets, but also Western and city stuff, too.

And I was COMPLETELY obsessed with dinosaurs for all of my childhood. I had a whole bookshelf devoted to dinosaur fact books and such; I can still identify, or at least remember, almost all of the ones I see on TV on Discovery and such.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a child I wanted to take martial arts, but my mom (blatant ESFJ btw) wanted me so badly for me to be a super-feminine girl and so she put me in ballet. I knocked a kid down onstage during the recital, didn't realize it and kept going. She took me out and six years of hard work later I earned my first degree black belt in tang soo do.

... not necessarily an ISFp story... but we are supposed to have an urge to be different and stand out, yes?
    ISFp <3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    so i was just wondering what u guys were like as kids and if maybe that was an early predictor of your IM preferences later on...

For instance, I got kicked out of gymboree for pushing kids and got kicked out of pre-school cuz i bit too many people. haha hmm... slightly much?

idk this could mean nothing or mean something- who knows? at least we'll all take strolls down memory lane haha
    Is it possible that you had ADHD? Cause I'm pretty sure my kid is a Ni type, and he did that sort of stuff everyday before he was on Concerta.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was socially shy with kids, overly talkative with adults. I played with barbies with the neighbor boy, bikes, and climbed trees. When playing barbies I'd set up a house, put together a scenario as far as how the characters were related, then lost interest and wandered off or tore it down. When on my bike, I'd make skid marks on the gravel road I lived on, raced other kids, and road my bike all over the medium sized town I lived in (even when I was like 8). When climbing trees, I'd often sit in a branch for a while and imagine what the area would have looked like 100 or 1,000 years ago, and how it will develop 100 and 1,000 years into the future. I also made forts in the woods a lot. And snow forts. And I baby sat the neighbor kids, and one of the neighbors would pay me to help him with chores in the yard, so I did that whenever I could. I fought with the neighbor boys a lot, too. In church and school I was antsy. I got mad because my sister always won the prize for sitting still and being quiet in junior church, but no matter how hard I tried I wouldn't win because I was just too fidgety. Pissed me off. I fought with my brother and sister a lot, too, but I also took care of them quite a bit. I enjoyed cooking, but I wasn't all that good at it. I watched a lot of science shows and the A Team. And Matlock. (We didn't have cable.) I tried to play several musical instruments but never made it very far because I wouldn't practice.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-Cyclops

I've ain't ever gonna stop being a kid.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awhile ago I posted a short autobiography from my earliest memory to the age of six... in Delta somewhere... it was at Jonathan's behest, if I remember correctly. Maybe I'll go find it... EDIT: found it.

I'm not sure how to describe myself as a child.
    Last edited by Minde; 02-09-2008 at 05:55 PM.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast