Thread: Hello!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello!

Hi. I am an INFp-Ni. I've joined this forum to learn about the personal development. I am particularly interested in developing Te. To be specific, I am trying to improve the organizational skills, tackle procrastination and become productive to achieve my Ni goals. I have a great problem with distractions, particularly the distracting thoughts that lead me to somewhere else when I am trying to work on a task. Any tips on developing Te (PoLR) is appreciated. If it isn't healthy for me to develop super-ego functions, then the suggestion to emulate Te would be okay as well.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Sol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seriousguy View Post
    I am particularly interested in developing Te.
    If your type is INFP then general developing of Te is not good to do directly, but only with developing of Ti. But you may study concrete things linked with Te to do something concrete better. Also you may develop Se to improve your general psycho state, wich makes easier to do anything as you better control yourself.
    To check your type you may make a video

If it isn't healthy for me to develop super-ego functions
    It's not healthy and it's not needed. General weak functions development may be done by super-id - for INFP it's Se and Ti. But your type may be other, as in many cases people type incorrectly, themselves too.

Se can be developed with everyday gymnastics/sport. Ti by logical tasks as in math, maybe some other ways too.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol When I become good at concrete things, I would be developing Ti (+Se) and not Te? If I surround myself with several LIE/LSE, I would be imitating their Te usage through Ti and not directly developing Te? I understand why you think I might be a different type, as people mistype themselves a lot, but I am pretty sure that I am an IEI (belonging to the Beta Quadra) as I strongly relate to Ni and Ti. I am strong INFp-Ni subtype, and occasionally tested as INTp-Ni. Sensing is too weak to consider LSI. Feeling is better, but not used much (as I am extremely introverted).
    Last edited by seriousguy; 02-14-2016 at 06:42 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have insomnia so I'll take this opportunity to explain to you what to do since sol just told you not to do Te.

If you want to mimic LSE it's as simple as taking notes of your immediate surrounding and forming judgement about what those things mean to you and how you feel. For example instead of being in your head and tuning things out you might start by observing your neighbors. Take note of when they come and go. When they get a new car or not Soon you will find yourself listening more and being in tune with what happens around you. You will hear a rolling sounds and know that they are moving the trash can and the sound will not escape your attention. Now multiply these observations by doing it everywhere and you have Te.

Wouldn't you rather do Se though? In doing Se you will get out of your head and go out and maybe someone wearing a brightly coloured top will attract your attention. Maybe you will find a display at a local restaurant with a huge aquarium and many things to experience and take in and try a delicious dish.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa I understand. Does that mean developing role (Si) isn't required as well and relevant tasks should be tackled through Se? As far as I know, Victor suggests that one should develop role function at early stage of the development (Fi for LII, for instance). When I have well-developed Ti+Se, will I have fair time communicating with my Conflictor/Super-ego?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Maritsa I understand. Does that mean developing role (Si) isn't required as well and relevant tasks should be tackled through Se? As far as I know, Victor suggests that one should develop role function at early stage of the development (Fi for LII, for instance). When I have well-developed Ti+Se, will I have fair time communicating with my Conflictor/Super-ego?
    Your romantic nature alone will attract LSE. Your adventurous nature will attract SLE
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Your romantic nature alone will attract LSE. Your adventurous nature will attract SLE
    I don't understand what you mean by romantic and adventurous nature. I find LSE extremely annoying. SLE, on the other hand, looks pretty awesome. You didn't answer my question whether developing Si (role) is a good thing for me. From the site: "It is better not to touch your fourth function, because you will spend a lot of energy on it, but there won't be any satisfaction brought back to you as a result. It is better to delegate that activity to somebody else.", which would make developing / using Te useless.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't understand what you mean by romantic and adventurous nature. I find LSE extremely annoying. SLE, on the other hand, looks pretty awesome. You didn't answer my question whether developing Si (role) is a good thing for me. From the site: "It is better not to touch your fourth function, because you will spend a lot of energy on it, but there won't be any satisfaction brought back to you as a result. It is better to delegate that activity to somebody else.", which would make developing / using Te useless.
    As far as development of the role function it's always good because it helps you understand another type and be better tolerant of them Nothing wrong with it unless you start to look so much like another SEI that you no longer attract your dual. I don't think it's got unhealthy tendencies except that it makes you look like another type when it is utilized.
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as development of the role function it's always good because it helps you understand another type and be better tolerant of them Nothing wrong with it unless you start to look so much like another SEI that you no longer attract your dual. I don't think it's got unhealthy tendencies except that it makes you look like another type when it is utilized.
    It makes sense, thanks Now, I get why few EII I know look LII sometimes (in their writing). How should I develop Si? By becoming relaxed (I am way too neurotic) and easygoing?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It makes sense, thanks Now, I get why few EII I know look LII sometimes (in their writing). How should I develop Si? By becoming relaxed (I am way too neurotic) and easygoing?
    Well my SEI nephew likes to socialize, he will often have friends over to play video games and they will lay on the couch next to one another..So assume a close physical distance, get in touch with goods that are tasty and says "umm, yummy!" To yourself as you eat them. Sleep in.
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my SEI nephew likes to socialize, he will often have friends over to play video games and they will lay on the couch next to one another..So assume a close physical distance, get in touch with goods that are tasty and says "umm, yummy!" To yourself as you eat them. Sleep in.
    Aren't we generally overutilized 2D functions (Ti+Si)?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Aren't we generally overutilized 2D functions (Ti+Si)?
    No. They are not used as readily
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. They are not used as readily
    I've read somewhere (I can't remember the source) that (in practice) we tend to over-utilize our 2D functions, when actually we should focus on 3D (along with 4D). It actually makes quite sense to me, as I personally use Ti a lot, and don't use Fe much, due to unfavorable environment. Most of my interests belong to Ti domain (Philosophy, Maths, Programming, Debating, etc.). Does the overuse of HA makes you unhealthy? If it does, wouldn't developing Si makes you unhealthy as well as it's in the 2D position?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've read somewhere (I can't remember the source) that (in practice) we tend to over-utilize our 2D functions, when actually we should focus on 3D (along with 4D). It actually makes quite sense to me, as I personally use Ti a lot, and don't use Fe much, due to unfavorable environment. Most of my interests belong to Ti domain (Philosophy, Maths, Programming, Debating, etc.). Does the overuse of HA makes you unhealthy? If it does, wouldn't developing Si makes you unhealthy as well as it's in the 2D position?
    From personal experience I use To...which as Diana said is shuffling information to make things conform or fit a system, idea, or though readily and I like the way To types categories information too. I may borrow from the way they analyze or structure things. But as you can see from what I'm writing here I'm still doing Fi. I'm still giving you my personal account of my experience. Still though I don't use analysis of things around my dual who doesn't emphasize my analysis and finds it a waste of time and non conducive to productivity and or isn't information adding to what he wants to know or is interested in knowing. Still it brings thought to his sometimes impatient and impulsive need to act. I just analyzed again as the ending it switches off but unlike Ti base it's not my primary and typical attitude
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From personal experience I use To...which as Diana said is shuffling information to make things conform or fit a system, idea, or though readily and I like the way To types categories information too. I may borrow from the way they analyze or structure things. But as you can see from what I'm writing here I'm still doing Fi. I'm still giving you my personal account of my experience. Still though I don't use analysis of things around my dual who doesn't emphasize my analysis and finds it a waste of time and non conducive to productivity and or isn't information adding to what he wants to know or is interested in knowing. Still it brings thought to his sometimes impatient and impulsive need to act. I just analyzed again as the ending it switches off but unlike Ti base it's not my primary and typical attitude
    Yes, that's quite obvious Fi usage in your posts (I have actually read your posts on other threads as well; you seem an awesome person). If you read my posts, you will see I have huge categories / models in my mind And, although I give examples from my experience as well, I think that's more due to Se, but I end up preferring theory over actual things So you don't normally use Ti, but you don't find Ti annoying anymore? If that's what happens when you spend time with your role function users (i.e., in your case you regularly talk with Ti users on the forums), then I would find Si less annoying if I surround myself with SEI

Btw, when I read "To" (most likely a typo) in your post, I thought you were referring to something between Ti and Te, like a middle ground, which is called "To" Was that my Ni in work or Ne?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, that's quite obvious Fi usage in your posts (I have actually read your posts on other threads as well; you seem an awesome person). If you read my posts, you will see I have huge categories / models in my mind And, although I give examples from my experience as well, I think that's more due to Se, but I end up preferring theory over actual things So you don't normally use Ti, but you don't find Ti annoying anymore? If that's what happens when you spend time with your role function users (i.e., in your case you regularly talk with Ti users on the forums), then I would find Si less annoying if I surround myself with SEI

Btw, when I read "To" (most likely a typo) in your post, I thought you were referring to something between Ti and Te, like a middle ground, which is called "To" Was that my Ni in work or Ne?
    To is ti

You may find that the information added by Si helpful in understanding something but the physical surrounding of si annoying.

Between two things Ti or Te? It's not Te that's for sure. Idk which function would interpret that.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I find Ti less annoying in the short term so I can like LSI very much but in everyday close talking it may seem borrowing to me.
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just develop your Ti like a boss.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LSI Stripper View Post
    Just develop your Ti like a boss.
    I already have highly developed Ti due to my intellectual interests. I am interested in developing concrete ideas and its implementation. Perhaps I just need to develop Se (which is way too weak).

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti and Se can be pretty organised. Just pretend your new rules for organizing are part of a video game and reach one level at a time till you win. Find ways to become inspired/motivated by googling ideas and ordering books on amazon or something. Find the satisfaction of achieving your goals. Overtime this will help you, like excising a flabby muscle until it becomes more solid.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LSI Stripper View Post
    Ti and Se can be pretty organised. Just pretend your new rules for organizing are part of a video game and reach one level at a time till you win. Find ways to become inspired/motivated by googling ideas and ordering books on amazon or something. Find the satisfaction of achieving your goals. Overtime this will help you, like excising a flabby muscle until it becomes more solid.
    Yup. Several people have suggested this idea. I have a question: Will developing Se/Fe weaken my Ni/Ti? Will I start forgetting the models / theories if I emote more and not worry about the logical consistencies? In simpler words: Is it possible to develop other functions (e.g., super-id in my case) without losing the awesome capabilities of the strong functions?

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Several people have suggested this idea. I have a question: Will developing Se/Fe weaken my Ni/Ti? Will I start forgetting the models / theories if I emote more and not worry about the logical consistencies? In simpler words: Is it possible to develop other functions (e.g., super-id in my case) without losing the awesome capabilities of the strong functions?
    No I don't think so. Since those are your first two functions they're with you for life. Unless you transform into your dual you should have strong Ni no matter what.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx