Thread: Well, what IS my type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Well, what IS my type?

Hello all.

My LII brother has been into socionics for a while now and has explained how it all works to me. The way he predicts the outcomes of relationships and the behavior of people has got me interested as well.

He says I am SEI. I feel ILE or LII would fit better, and his reply is that my Hidden Agenda would make me think so,and that quadra values are the same in all 4 types.

Could you help me confirm this? I will answer any questions you have.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about your dichotomies? ie MBTI 4-dichotomy type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Myers Briggs test gives me INTJ

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

what reasons has your brother given for SEI?

some questions so you can talk about yourself (you don't have to be exact if you answer these, they are just prompts): what kinds of interests and hobbies do you have? what sorts of traits do you appreciate the most in someone you're close to? what sorts of things do you most often get complimented on or criticized for? what is a typical day like for you?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Myers Briggs test gives me INTJ
    It's pretty much the same, unless you have a weak dichotomy. That's the only thing that could explain why it would be different.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you tend to analyze first and often (indication of as a base) or do you search for new ideas and are more talkative and pattern searching?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    what reasons has your brother given for SEI?
    Among other things, my focus on my own comfort, aesthetic qualities of my surroundings (and just about everything else, but not in a way that be called dandy. Who likes ugly stuff?), and my interest in people.

Although I often do seek physical comfort, I'm not very good at creating it myself(The same goes for aesthetics). I'll often just get up and leave a room rather than make any effort to change anything. I usually have to experience some extreme discomfort though as I usually don't pay attention to physical sensations if my mind is occupied by something else. I'm only conscious of comfort when it is time to take a break or rest, really. And I am very much in my head all the time, walking into doors and that sort of thing.

My supposed interest in people comes up due to the fact that I really enjoy watching teen dramas like Everwood. I can accept that this makes me more of an ethical type, my problem with basing it all on the shows I watch is that my LII brother sits right there beside me when I watch them...

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    some questions so you can talk about yourself (you don't have to be exact if you answer these, they are just prompts): what kinds of interests and hobbies do you have? what sorts of traits do you appreciate the most in someone you're close to? what sorts of things do you most often get complimented on or criticized for? what is a typical day like for you?
    My hobbies include mostly computer related activities. I enjoy playing video games, watching the development of web applications and electronics, although I don't know any programming languages, I'm just into seeing things being made more efficient. When it comes to introverted sensing, I do occasionally like to cook, and I don't do too badly. Photography is a new interest of mine. I find economics enjoyable, but have a hard timekeeping a large list of factors in my head all at once.

I am complimented on my "positivity" quite often. I believe a positive outlook is always the best way forward. As long as you're alive, you might as well keep hoping for the best. I'm also complimented on my intelligence, but that assessment is relative. I am criticized for getting myself into a rut and not taking the initiative to getting ahead in life.

Traits I appreciate in someone I'm close to: honesty, being forthright, open-mindedness, loyalty and moral sense.

A typical day for me, well, I put off doing work whenever I can, investigate ideas I find useful (read: I waste time on the internet) my activity peaks during the evening when I realize I haven't been very productive and try to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    It's pretty much the same, unless you have a weak dichotomy. That's the only thing that could explain why it would be different.
    The MBTI description is very spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Do you tend to analyze first and often (indication of as a base) or do you search for new ideas and are more talkative and pattern searching?
    I am very analytical, but both.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think a lot of people relate to seeking comfort. Supplying comfort for oneself isn't really that difficult, so I can't really imagine what's so type-related about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think a lot of people relate to seeking and supplying comfort for themselves.
    He means I nitpick about the texture of pillow casing and so on.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be similar in that regard too. I have people in my family who have bad taste, and I try to hold it in, but sometimes I have to let them know, and my dad's one to really get mad about it when I comment on his cooking. I would say simply: I don't think your brother cares about pillow cases. Where you might, he might care about something else aesthetically, so its probably not a big deal. We all have our idiosyncrasies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point. Thank you.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think a lot of people relate to seeking comfort. Supplying comfort for oneself isn't really that difficult, so I can't really imagine what's so type-related about it.
    But it's also about priorities. I usually neglect all other things in favour of comfort in the present moment. it really is a problem when there are bills to pay etc..

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    But it's also about priorities. I usually neglect all other things in favour of comfort in the present moment. it really is a problem when there are bills to pay etc..
    This is true about . I think an INTj might get certain things done in order to feel comfortable, like the bills, to have a sense of closure and organization. Comfort in of itself doesn't usually seem like the main focus.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INTj's just like INFj's get confused about Si matters; confused about what they are feeling, what sensations are arising and what they should do about them; this causes both of our types to loose touch with what we want, either to eat, sleep, feel...we just get confused.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html