Thread: INFj Si hidden agenda description?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFj Si hidden agenda description?

I was wondering if the following is a description of the Si Hidden Agenda for INFjs, at least, this is based on myself:

Sensations are something that really get a rise out of me. I like playing and listening to music, it's definitely a passion, and I was even going to be a performance major in college. It's not rare for me to get really involved into something I'm listening to, and having it affect me mood. I get excited when being exposed to things that feel good in general though, and with time it has gotten more intense.

In time I've become increasingly picky with food, which is something I never had when I was younger. Another thing, for example, is that I caught myself one time actually trying to distinguish herbs based on the smell and taste in the food I'm eating, and getting frustrated when I can't tell what it is...

To me quite possibly the best activity that I enjoy doing is relaxing. I like thinking about laying on a coach, while listening to some really good relaxing music and drinking some iced tea. It sounds dumb probably, but I love to think about relaxation at any time of the day.

When I hang out with ISTps, I always end up doing some sort of chilling/hanging out activity that hits the spot nicely. No agitation, just chillin'. Though I also like playing sports, and I always end up doing that with ISTps as well.

Also, I tend to gravitate towards people who are touchy-feely, but not in excess. I don't know if this would fall under Si wanting though. I actually remember for some reason when somebody in general touches me, even if it's a bump sometimes. For example, I actually might think about how the difference in height might play out in me hugging someone specific, and how will it feel. What I would need to do in order to make the hug "work", lol. This might all be just pretty dumb though.

Anyway, I would like to know if this is more or less some aspects of what the Si HA represents.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh heh heh....

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I was wondering if the following is a description of the Si Hidden Agenda for INFjs, at least, this is based on myself:

Sensations are something that really get a rise out of me. I like playing and listening to music, it's definitely a passion, and I was even going to be a performance major in college. It's not rare for me to get really involved into something I'm listening to, and having it affect me mood. I get excited when being exposed to things that feel good in general though, and with time it has gotten more intense.

In time I've become increasingly picky with food, which is something I never had when I was younger. Another thing, for example, is that I caught myself one time actually trying to distinguish herbs based on the smell and taste in the food I'm eating, and getting frustrated when I can't tell what it is...

To me quite possibly the best activity that I enjoy doing is relaxing. I like thinking about laying on a coach, while listening to some really good relaxing music and drinking some iced tea. It sounds dumb probably, but I love to think about relaxation at any time of the day.

When I hang out with ISTps, I always end up doing some sort of chilling/hanging out activity that hits the spot nicely. No agitation, just chillin'. Though I also like playing sports, and I always end up doing that with ISTps as well.

Also, I tend to gravitate towards people who are touchy-feely, but not in excess. I don't know if this would fall under Si wanting though. I actually remember for some reason when somebody in general touches me, even if it's a bump sometimes. For example, I actually might think about how the difference in height might play out in me hugging someone specific, and how will it feel. What I would need to do in order to make the hug "work", lol. This might all be just pretty dumb though.

Anyway, I would like to know if this is more or less some aspects of what the Si HA represents.
    I don't know if this qualifies as Si, but the bolded bits I do all the time (maybe a little Ne in the part on hugging?). I'm incredibly non-picky in what I eat though I do tend to develop favorite types of food that I like to eat all the time. I think this is actually the reason that I'm such a Mongo BBQ fanatic. You get to add in all the things you want, mix the sauces yourself, and top it all with a myriad of spices. Then (oh, my favorite part!) you get to savor it. It's amazing how adding or subtracting one thing can make such a huge difference, or how you can get the exact same thing and it will come out different based on how the BBQer is feeling that day. lol, sorry for the outburst, but that's like my favorite food of all time.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An EII I know like to spend insane amounts of money in bars with girls. I sincerely think it's pathetic, but heck, he divorced some time ago and I suppose he needs a bit of warm up.

He likes everything related to Si. Traveling, eating and the like.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Creepy-Cyclops

I like snow and blue sun and also yellow skies. I don't know if I like rum, but I like pirate ships. I think elephants are good animals in cartoons, but there a bit big IRL, I mean, they can sometimes smell too, no? But they're still cool tho.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's related to EII's Si HA, yes.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Heh heh heh....
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    lol INFjs, don't be scared of the big bad UPD. He's really pretty harmless. He just loves you guys so much....=]

I'm looking forward to the replies! :wink:
    Confused,

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I don't know if this qualifies as Si, but the bolded bits I do all the time (maybe a little Ne in the part on hugging?). I'm incredibly non-picky in what I eat though I do tend to develop favorite types of food that I like to eat all the time. I think this is actually the reason that I'm such a Mongo BBQ fanatic. You get to add in all the things you want, mix the sauces yourself, and top it all with a myriad of spices. Then (oh, my favorite part!) you get to savor it. It's amazing how adding or subtracting one thing can make such a huge difference, or how you can get the exact same thing and it will come out different based on how the BBQer is feeling that day. lol, sorry for the outburst, but that's like my favorite food of all time.
    Haha, I also have some favorite foods, but I've never really tried Mongolian sauce, at least I don't remember how it tastes. Based on what you said, if you're having a bad day, will the sauce taste like shit? I'm guessing it wouldn't be a good day to have some guests over for dinner...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I like snow and blue sun and also yellow skies. I don't know if I like rum, but I like pirate ships. I think elephants are good animals in cartoons, but there a bit big IRL, I mean, they can sometimes smell too, no? But they're still cool tho.
    Yeah, they smell really bad, but I like them a lot. To me someone riding an elephant is a sign of power too, since they are so big. Though lions can bring an elephant down, believe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I think it's related to EII's Si HA, yes.
    I've read somewhere in the forum where Si is related to knowing when to eat, or something like that, which I don't really think is the case. The impression I've gotten of Si is more towards the effect that sensations have on you, or something like that.

------------------------

This song really gets to me for example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3KubGEbyLQ4

The choral sections to me are so good, I couldn't describe it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of it sounds like my best friend - not sure of her thoughts on music, though. She loves to cook. Sometimes she can have a very sensitive stomach, for instance if she's been sick recently she won't eat foreign foods or strong foods in general. She also loves to relax and do whatever comes to mind...

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This song really gets to me for example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3KubGEbyLQ4

The choral sections to me are so good, I couldn't describe it.
    I feel very similarly with choral or a capella music.

I can't really explain it either, but it really gets to me too.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confused,
    Don't worry about it.

I enjoyed the first post very much, and can see INFjs I know fitting into it, at least a little.

I've read somewhere in the forum where Si is related to knowing when to eat, or something like that, which I don't really think is the case. The impression I've gotten of Si is more towards the effect that sensations have on you, or something like that.
    I know essentially what my body wants in order to feel good, whether it more vegetables, more grains, more meats, etc. And I am also very wary about how much sleep I get, and how it affects me. A well timed nap or rest can thwart a growing illness.

PS:

Yes, that is very nice.

No, I like it a lot, to be honest. I think it is relevant. IMO it is sort of Si receptivity. That's why you will probably have good sex with someone who is strong in Si.

I am considering going into more detail about Ne,Si,Se,Ni interactions, but it is not coming out as clearly as I'd like it to.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I also have some favorite foods, but I've never really tried Mongolian sauce, at least I don't remember how it tastes. Based on what you said, if you're having a bad day, will the sauce taste like shit? I'm guessing it wouldn't be a good day to have some guests over for dinner...
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin
    [thread hijack]
    I always manage to mess up my mongolian barbeque.... I just put in all the stuff that looks good, but when it's all cooked together......it's just sorta weird tasting. lol
    [/thread hijack]
    You must understand. I have traveled the land in search of the greatest food, dined in every MBBQery within 50 miles, judiciously tasting only the freshest vegetables and succulent meats finely prepared in a luxuriant bath of sauces sweet, spicy-hot, and sour. The result of fervent researches was the Genghis Khan Mongolian Barbecue, modern day Kansas City Xanadu of culinary delight where your destiny is yours to choose!

(btw dolphin there are three keys to good MBBQ: a contrast of texture, the right proportion of things to one another, an unceasing daring to try something new and novel, and the tenacity to overcome the occasional misstep or failed experiment [ok, make it four keys then]. Only then will you obtain that sacred wisdom of the sauce!)
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually remember for some reason when somebody in general touches me, even if it's a bump sometimes. For example, I actually might think about how the difference in height might play out in me hugging someone specific, and how will it feel. What I would need to do in order to make the hug "work", lol. This might all be just pretty dumb though.
    Oh my gosh. I do this too.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know essentially what my body wants in order to feel good, whether it more vegetables, more grains, more meats, etc. And I am also very wary about how much sleep I get, and how it affects me. A well timed nap or rest can thwart a growing illness.
    I am really really bad at these things. My Si is really bad. I enjoy being around others with good Si because I do not trust mine at all, and so I can kind-of follow their lead.

My sleeping and eating habits are really bad. (I don't do enough of either one.) Also I would not say that I spend much time savoring anything, or "relaxing" at all, because I don't trust that it is actually a worthwhile way to spend time. (To go along with this hammocks in general really annoy me.) I do however like driving and will spend hours just driving around by myself with no destination. It helps me to think. This must be related to Si.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always manage to mess up my mongolian barbeque....
    Don't worry, Dolphin, you're not alone! There's a stir fry place here in ATL where you can mix and match just about everything under the sun. If you don't like it, you can go back and have it redone. My friend did it 3 times and couldn't come up with anything he liked! So he had his girlfriend make his instead haha

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    I am really really bad at these things. My Si is really bad. I enjoy being around others with good Si because I do not trust mine at all, and so I can kind-of follow their lead.

My sleeping and eating habits are really bad. (I don't do enough of either one.) Also I would not say that I spend much time savoring anything, or "relaxing" at all, because I don't trust that it is actually a worthwhile way to spend time. (To go along with this hammocks in general really annoy me.) I do however like driving and will spend hours just driving around by myself with no destination. It helps me to think. This must be related to Si.
    Actually, I do have good sleeping habits, eating habits more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    You must understand. I have traveled the land in search of the greatest food, dined in every MBBQery within 50 miles, judiciously tasting only the freshest vegetables and succulent meats finely prepared in a luxuriant bath of sauces sweet, spicy-hot, and sour. The result of fervent researches was the Genghis Khan Mongolian Barbecue, modern day Kansas City Xanadu of culinary delight where your destiny is yours to choose!

(btw dolphin there are three keys to good MBBQ: a contrast of texture, the right proportion of things to one another, an unceasing daring to try something new and novel, and the tenacity to overcome the occasional misstep or failed experiment [ok, make it four keys then]. Only then will you obtain that sacred wisdom of the sauce!)
    I can see you having a program in the Food Network already.

Don't worry about it.

I enjoyed the first post very much, and can see INFjs I know fitting into it, at least a little.

PS:

Yes, that is very nice.

No, I like it a lot, to be honest. I think it is relevant. IMO it is sort of Si receptivity. That's why you will probably have good sex with someone who is strong in Si.

I am considering going into more detail about Ne,Si,Se,Ni interactions, but it is not coming out as clearly as I'd like it to.
    It makes sense, though I have been thinking about something else lately about the caregiver/infantile and agressor/victim relationships. It's hard to really explain what I mean, but I do see that caregivers and infantiles can have a certain degree of either victim or agressor behavior. I find the agressor/victim thing to be something gross actually by itself, but I do realize that some of it does happen in my interactions with caregivers.

I do see that either infantiles of caregivers can lean more either towards agressor or victim, and that also affect the relationship (in the general sense) compability. For one, I don't get along nearly as well with caregivers who are agressors than those who are more victim-like. I don't know if this is making sense...

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I feel very similarly with choral or a capella music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEYdoNRWw9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRobryliBLQ

I can't really explain it either, but it really gets to me too.
    I find those male singers a little weird though . The second one is really good, but why do they make those weird faces?

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to "test" my body to see how fast I can react to things (video games and go karting), to see how far I can run without practice or to test how much weight I can lift. I also like performing the gracefull movements of certain martial arts, to larp as a ninja (I dont like full-on fighting tho). In short: I want to test whether I'm still alive. Im not very demanding with food and I dont like to to overindulge in this (I feel good when I eat healthy). When it comes to pleasant sensations, I need a place to stay and a hug from time to time