Thread: IEI - SLE duality being difficult to solidify (INFp & ESTp)

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI - SLE duality being difficult to solidify (INFp & ESTp)

Does anyone else feel like sometimes this is a relationship that is hard to form? In every duality experience I have had, there is always this distance...we don't want to get close even though we feel pulled to one another. It's like a pull without glue, it's fragile and not binding. A waiting game, nobody moves - yet we are drawn to each other. It's like you talk to one another and share, and in any other relationship or friendship, the kinds of conversations you're having would lay the ground works for a closer relationship, but not here.

It's like to me EVERY other relationship where I am drawn to someone or like someone is so linear...we like each other, speak, speak some more; make concrete steps towards friendship; it's smooth and easier and i can see where it's going; with sles I can never see where it's going, except that it's really likely to just slip through my fingers, but not because we didn't really love each other or want each other (platonic duals, romantic duals...). With SLE's it's like we talk, it feels great, but you didn't become any 'closer' in any concrete way...it's like there is no glue holding you together. It's like you're filled up with these good feelings (I am, I assume they are too if duality is aalll that) but it's never a concrete relationship. There's a lack of trust in the connection, in the others feelings, it's like you both wait for the other to come to you and they don't so your relationship is lost, with always that hope or excitement that it might fall together again. There are two dual friends I am kind of waiting for this to happen with. It doesn't seem as though you can 'make it happen', it has to fall together.

My boyfriend is kind of cynical or pessimistic about people's closeness/investment/affection for him (Fi Polr I guess) which is why I think he is quite distant. When he likes someone he will set out to text them, hang out etc, but he often becomes doubtful and retreats. Maybe this is one of the main reasons duality wouldn't hit off. I also feel like with a female-male duality, whether attracted to each other or not, there's always this kind of power play or whatever of 'you do it' 'you talk to me' and when things become quiet, you drop out like 'they should of come to me'; the sle will pursue on an impulse...but they have a lot of impulses to follow and they often seem to have this casual f you attitude (even though strong feelings are obvious lol but nice attempt sle's... ). And the IEI is kind of like the victim/princess like 'i won't let someone mess up my flow, gonna have a good time, they can find me' - it's like this indignant attitude haha. At least I have had that myself lol. And with friendships...in my experience, it's like I feel like I like them alot but I don't know how to approach connecting to them to become closer and I can't ever quite be sure of how they feel about me.

Anyone else had the experience of this duality being difficult to solidify?
    Last edited by betterthan; 07-17-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NobleFool View Post
    Especially when you're on a psychology forum, and not a dating site.
    hey this site functions as both really. along with being a counseling center, a refuge for social misfits, etc.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I know what you mean - I'm super close with the SLE bf, but with all the other SLEs I've met, we've had a fleeting connection and amazing chemistry but it never pans out long term because neither of us bothers arranging future meetups and stuff. Maybe SLEs are just possessive bastards who can't handle sharing an IEI's attention with any other SLEs.
    The socionicists use Othello and Desdemona's relationship as a example of a SLE-IEI relationship. It ends with him choking her to death in her sleep...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    Anyone else had the experience of this duality being difficult to solidify?
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleFool View Post
    Any dual relationship can be hard to form.
    As long both parties want it, (any kind of duality), nah.

Now wait till I start 'trolling' this thread.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    The socionicists use Othello and Desdemona's relationship as a example of a SLE-IEI relationship. It ends with him choking her to death in her sleep...
    Duality!
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last couple EIE's and LSI's I spoke to were definitely into bdsm. I'm not really into bdsm as far as I can tell, but I am inherently an ass hole, if that counts.

Every IEI-Fe I've encountered has started the conversation with me, except for one who was eyeing me across the room rather intently to the point that I had no choice but to approach her or else I'd feel guilty for not doing it.

and then I always get their number and they flake.

so either I'm doing something wrong, or....

as far as I can tell IEI-Ni don't exist in real life.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 09-10-2013 at 06:20 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a hardcore flake. I can't help it though, I'm on a never-ending path of self-discovery and change

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

y u no stop flaking?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ni IEI are tied up in dungeon and that's the reason you're not meeting them.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality for people who don't have lots of experience with it is difficult to attain. Other types stand out at first because their contrary functions overexcite us into feeling some kind of euphoria that we mistake for a positive experience. After the boom, there is usually a bust, but we often don't learn anything from it. Despite my dad being an ISTp, he has always had an infatuation for Beta extroverts.

My own experience with ESTps is that I usually don't notice anything at all at first, only to discover that maybe a day later even, I feel some subtle sense of lasting happiness or lack of stress. It's something that is so easy to miss for me. I can feel something similar when around Fe valuers, but it's often something that is so easy to ignore or gloss over unless you really pay attention to yourself and how others affect you.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    Does that subtle sense of lack of stress ever make you wonder if anything is "wrong"? I sometimes feel almost as if there is nothing inside me when around my IEI boyfriend, and in the beginning that was scary. Over time, I have learned to appreciate it as my own personal Nirvana, but it took some time before I recognized it as positive.
    I haven't felt quite like that, no. The only sensation I get that if somewhat negative is that I feel like ESTps are boring sometimes lol. The positivist, not necessarily the extrovert, is often the one to bring the mischief into a relationship. Lol

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised I haven't actually responded to this yet.

IEI-Ni's aren't very interesting to me. They are low energy and their sense of humor is a little too cerebral for me to understand. I'm more into fart noises and throwing things at strangers.

IEI-Fe's, however, I've had entire conversations with using only fart noises and grunts etc.

With both types, I think the biggest issue I bump into is the fact that they don't want to get deep with me, and they spend so much damn time complimenting me and saying "oh I like that too, oh I like those things as well!" that I get frustrated and lose interest. They might as well just pick their nose and say nothing instead.

The other reason it didn't work out with IEI's of the opposite sex, for me, was because they've all flaked on our first date, and I'm very unapologetic with people who don't follow through on their word.

none of my relationships with IEI's, despite being a blast, have lasted more than 3 weeks. If I knew what I was doing wrong, i'd try to fix it. But I don't.

I think it just has to do with self esteem at this point. I used to be a loser.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I'm surprised I haven't actually responded to this yet.

IEI-Ni's aren't very interesting to me. They are low energy and their sense of humor is a little too cerebral for me to understand. I'm more into fart noises and throwing things at strangers.

IEI-Fe's, however, I've had entire conversations with using only fart noises and grunts etc.

With both types, I think the biggest issue I bump into is the fact that they don't want to get deep with me, and they spend so much damn time complimenting me and saying "oh I like that too, oh I like those things as well!" that I get frustrated and lose interest. They might as well just pick their nose and say nothing instead.

The other reason it didn't work out with IEI's of the opposite sex, for me, was because they've all flaked on our first date, and I'm very unapologetic with people who don't follow through on their word.

none of my relationships with IEI's, despite being a blast, have lasted more than 3 weeks. If I knew what I was doing wrong, i'd try to fix it. But I don't.

I think it just has to do with self esteem at this point. I used to be a loser.
    You know, IEIs smell weakness as good as a shark smells blood in water. That you are looking for your dual to magically resolve all your emotional issues isn't particularly attractive, and indeed off-putting.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    You know, IEIs smell weakness as good as a shark smells blood in water. That you are looking for your dual to magically resolve all your emotional issues isn't particularly attractive, and indeed off-putting.
    Heh... yeah...

if she were my dual she was probably really damn good at reading people.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Heh... yeah...

if she were my dual she was probably really damn good at reading people.
    Hang in there. Problems are meant to be solved.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang in there. Problems are meant to be solved.
    I'm perfectly fine now. But at the time I had self esteem issues and self awareness problems.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think someone speculated at some point that Ps have a greater difficulty and require more time to dualize, due to the extreme polarity of their differences in approach to life.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I think someone speculated at some point that Ps have a greater difficulty and require more time to dualize, due to the extreme polarity of their differences in approach to life.
    This correlates with my personal observations as well. Te and Fi base duals and semi-duals seems to work very well.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what it feels like to journey deeper and deeper into the IEI's crazy head.

Last edited by Azure Flame; 12-21-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and this is what its like living with an Ni subtype

Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    This is what it feels like to journey deeper and deeper into the IEI's crazy head.
    If it was like that, I'd probably lie somewhere in the corner of my room, drooling. xP
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and this is what its like living with an Ni subtype

W.... T.... F....

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    W.... T.... F....
    You take the words out of my mouth, Eldanen. Argh, that thing around 1:00 scared me to death - those smacking and slurping noises...urgh... -_-

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao, ok just kidding I just wanted to make someone watch that 2nd video

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao, ok just kidding I just wanted to make someone watch that 2nd video
    Mission completed. Congratulations.
    Now I have to distract myself from not imagining that picture of that crazy woman eating whatever that was. :/

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    hey this site functions as both really. along with being a counseling center, a refuge for social misfits, etc.
    but mainly a dating site

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    but mainly a dating site
    I've never dated anyone here. I made my first real friend, true. And maybe I've skirted dating. But not actually dated.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I thought they were LSI and EIE, because rationals are the ones who like all that BDSM stuff (irrationals are too disorganised for that shit)
    SLEs don't mind sprinkling stuff with some jealousy. It makes things more fun. A friend of mine from high school used to talk badly (critically) of chicks who didn't roll with several guys at once. At least for the eyes of the "main romantic interest", not necessarily de facto. LSI-EIE pair likes order and clarity in relationships. So I agree Othello reeks of them

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol are there perfectly emotionally healthy Sles? Without self-awareness problems ? I thought "emotional issues" come in the same package with Fi polr.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    lol are there perfectly emotionally healthy Sles? Without self-awareness problems ? I thought "emotional issues" come in the same package with Fi polr.
    emotional health to you is not emotional health to somebody else.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    emotional health to you is not emotional health to somebody else.
    that's not a bad reply. It tastes like Ni .

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

that's not a bad reply. It tastes like Ni .
    Ni doesn't post here anymore. Interesting you'd bring him up.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ni doesn't post here anymore. Interesting you'd bring him up.
    wtf ur a IEI trying to joke like SLEs

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

wtf ur a IEI trying to joke like SLEs
    amusing you see me as your conflictor.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

amusing you see me as your conflictor.
    you lost me here. Forever. Don't come searching.