Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The reason I am so weird

This is just some self-indulgent crap that I felt like writing for the couple of people who debate my type.

Things that fit LSI:

1. Low energy. Moving around is the exception, not the rule.
    2. Stern countenance. I've gotten into trouble at work for looking pissed off all the time. My father recently told me not to look so serious when I go into job interviews.
    3. Enjoy Fe atmosphere and get bored and clam up when people get quiet.
    4. Get annoyed when people discuss theoretical crap, like astrology.
    5. When I am debating someone and they tell me to stop because I am hurting their feelings, I become defensive and suspicious, as it feels like they are using a cheap trick to manipulate me into submission.
    6. Sense of humor largely ignores Fi. Don't dispute this, it's obvious.
    7. Absolutely no clue how to act in social situations unless someone approaches me first.
    8. I arguably VI LSI, though people have disputed this claim.

Things that don't fit:

1. Very loud. I like making random voices and sounds to get people to pay attention to me.
    2. I am fidgety. I can't stop moving when I sit still.
    3. I tend to get on well with EIIs--that is, they seem to like me so I just roll with it and they don't seem to mind much.
    4. I am very chaotic. I don't like following the same routine every day. I need constant stimulation otherwise I get bored.
    5. To onlookers, it appears like I am using a lot of Te.
    6. I have a short temper and start cursing and spewing insults easily.
    7. I often say eccentric things that make no sense.

To number 1: I have ADD.

To number 2: I have ADD.

To number 3: NTR. It's a coincidence that I happen to be friends with three of them.

To number 4: I have ADD.

To number 5: I am not actually using it. I understand it and am good at making practical decisions, but I still use a Ti filter to process it.

I have a system for producing Te results (fuck off Ashton ):

1. Disregard whether what the person says makes logical sense.
    2. Analyze the goal of what the person is saying (i.e., what he wants to achieve).
    3. Decide whether his methods are the best way to achieve said goal, using whatever value system you want.
    4. Cross your fingers.

Shrug. My EII friends seem to appreciate it.

To number 6: Se subtype, D subtype.

To number 7: I have ADD.

If you don't have really bad ADD, fuck off. You don't know what it's like.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops, can you move this to What's My Type?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all of these numbered lists... means you're LSI.

just kidding.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    This is just some self-indulgent crap that I felt like writing for the couple of people who debate my type.

Things that fit LSI:

1. Low energy. Moving around is the exception, not the rule.
    2. Stern countenance. I've gotten into trouble at work for looking pissed off all the time. My father recently told me not to look so serious when I go into job interviews.
    3. Enjoy Fe atmosphere and get bored and clam up when people get quiet.
    4. Get annoyed when people discuss theoretical crap, like astrology.
    5. When I am debating someone and they tell me to stop because I am hurting their feelings, I become defensive and suspicious, as it feels like they are using a cheap trick to manipulate me into submission.
    6. Sense of humor largely ignores Fi. Don't dispute this, it's obvious.
    7. Absolutely no clue how to act in social situations unless someone approaches me first.
    8. I arguably VI LSI, though people have disputed this claim.
    A few comments on the "fitting" group.

1. LSIs aren't particularly low-energy. If you're really sluggish, all of the IPs have less energy.
    2. With Fi role and Fe DS, looking serious is not a type-indicator. You're just as likely to find a more personable and friendly-looking LSI as a serious-looking one.
    5. How is that type-related?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    1. LSIs aren't particularly low-energy. If you're really sluggish, all of the IPs have less energy.
    Yeah, I meant it as more of an IJ thing. IJs can move around but it seems to be in "spurts" followed by inertia. But technically it does fit with LSI, just not exclusively.

2. With Fi role and Fe DS, looking serious is not a type-indicator. You're just as likely to find a more personable and friendly-looking LSI as a serious-looking one.
    It's a complete lack of awareness of how I am coming off to other people, because it's not something I care about. Only when people tell me that I look angry and that it is a problem do I take steps to remedy it.

5. How is that type-related?
    It's the way Fi Role reacts when Fi types use it to shut down a debate. When I debate Maritsa, she inevitably tells me to stop because I am hurting her feelings. My initial response is to regard this as a manipulation tactic and refuse to cooperate.
    Last edited by discojoe; 09-08-2010 at 03:37 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. I just think you need to lighten up sometimes or something. Sometimes I don't get the point of 'helping you' because I never know when you're gonna say something just to get under somebody's skin or try to get a rise off them- but it's mixed with you seriously being depressed.

I really think that, if you 'fell in love' not necessarily with a person, but with a hobby or an object, and you could commit to it, that would do a world of difference, as it seems like ADD is just trying to absorb too many things at once. All love is, is a sense of focus. It seems like above all else, you have trouble falling in love.

Funnily enough I'm like the exact opposite of ADD. I can't 'get out of love' or out of my own sphere of focus. I lose at life because I refuse to absorb something intellectually that I need to know. And if my inner world feels violated I will just flat out refuse to make sacrifices for that to please somebody else.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand what ADD is. Even reading about it doesn't help, because it seems really broad, and with multiple different causes and symptoms. What is it that makes you ADD? One thing that I was reading said that ADD people can focus just fine, but only on the things that interest them - is that right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[*]Get annoyed when people discuss theoretical crap bullshit, like astrology.
    sorry, lumping astrology with theoretical crap is a mistake.
    asd

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand what ADD is. Even reading about it doesn't help, because it seems really broad, and with multiple different causes and symptoms. What is it that makes you ADD? One thing that I was reading said that ADD people can focus just fine, but only on the things that interest them - is that right?
    I can only focus on something that I find EXTREMELY interesting. Otherwise, my mind is like a jigsaw puzzle whose pieces have been scattered on the floor.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    sorry, lumping astrology with theoretical crap is a mistake.
    No.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=astrology

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ADD "I'm a dickhead" somewhere in the list

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tru

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get ADD either. I'm not saying you're doing this, but I sometimes feel like people toss that label around as an excuse. Even my husband (who is clearly not ADD), says he's ADD. wth.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I don't get ADD either. I'm not saying you're doing this, but I sometimes feel like people toss that label around as an excuse. Even my husband (who is clearly not ADD), says he's ADD. wth.
    What's It Like To Have ADD?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I might have ADD. Ritalin doesn't help though; it just makes me depressed and anxious. Generally I hate stimulants, they just make me go into my head.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what Ne-leading people look like to me. It's possible I've typed ADDers as Ne-leading assuming a connection. How is an ADD brain different from a Ne brain?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only focus on something that I find EXTREMELY interesting. Otherwise, my mind is like a jigsaw puzzle whose pieces have been scattered on the floor.
    odd, I'm the same. I figured it had to do with general boredom thresholds, though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what Ne-leading people look like to me. It's possible I've typed ADDers as Ne-leading assuming a connection. How is an ADD brain different from a Ne brain?
    yeah I thought that description could be for an ILE. lol Seriously though, it sounds like a nightmare. I definitely don't have it. That's not to say that I don't feel scattered sometimes or unable to focus but that description is a lot worse.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    odd, I'm the same. I figured it had to do with general boredom thresholds, though.
    There's a subset of people who have "hunter brains", if you want. The way our brains work means we tend to naturally have real extremes of focus: either we're in an almost flow-like state where everything outside what we're focusing on just disappears from awareness, or minor sensory stimuli keep forcing their way into our attempts at concentration. (Or we're just winging it, letting our subconscious take the wheel, hard to describe. This is what happens when you just let yourself relax into some really complex task and just let yourself do stuff, without worrying about whether it's right or wrong or mentally engaging with it.)

DJ, you're the expert, but from what I understand of ADD, your brain actually has a problem where it begins shutting down bloodflow to whatever regions you try to use, the more you try to use them. Unfortunately that means that the more you try to concentrate, the less able you are to.

Basically, think of three cases (exaggerated, somewhat, I think?):

Normal: The higher the demand on concentration, the increase in strain. Moderate peak, plateaus.

ADD: The higher the demand on concentration, the increase in strain. Strain continues to increase until demand stops.

Hunter: Minor demands cause a very large spike of strain, making it very difficult to focus. More extreme demands actually lead to a decrease in strain.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i'm too adhd to read some gay web site about why some loser has add or whatever it was about.

maybe if you stopped thinking about how and why and shit then you wouldn't have any problems and you could just be like a normal human being.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i'm too adhd to read some gay web site about why some loser has add or whatever it was about.

maybe if you stopped thinking about how and why and shit then you wouldn't have any problems and you could just be like a normal human being.
    Keyword: maybe

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    DJ, you're the expert, but from what I understand of ADD, your brain actually has a problem where it begins shutting down bloodflow to whatever regions you try to use, the more you try to use them. Unfortunately that means that the more you try to concentrate, the less able you are to.
    My understanding is that ADD people have less blood flow and less dopamine in their prefrontal cortex than normal people. This makes us feel like shit all the time and have difficulty not saying and doing impulsive things. It also makes concentration difficult. I often lose track of what I am saying while I am talking/writing; it makes writing essays take twice as long as it should.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    There's a subset of people who have "hunter brains", if you want. The way our brains work means we tend to naturally have real extremes of focus: either we're in an almost flow-like state where everything outside what we're focusing on just disappears from awareness, or minor sensory stimuli keep forcing their way into our attempts at concentration. (Or we're just winging it, letting our subconscious take the wheel, hard to describe. This is what happens when you just let yourself relax into some really complex task and just let yourself do stuff, without worrying about whether it's right or wrong or mentally engaging with it.)
    that makes sense. most of the time, I'll feel like I'm doing everything at once, but it always spirals too far. it's only with the use of drugs or the impetus of rare states that I can just absorb myself in a single task. there's usually too much happening.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    that makes sense. most of the time, I'll feel like I'm doing everything at once, but it always spirals too far. it's only with the use of drugs or the impetus of rare states that I can just absorb myself in a single task. there's usually too much happening.
    What about writing essays? Does that take you longer than average?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I meant it as more of an IJ thing. IJs can move around but it seems to be in "spurts" followed by inertia. But technically it does fit with LSI, just not exclusively.
    I'd rather say Ips are inert most of the time, then get stuff done in a burst. Ijs seem far more methodical to me, working in their own rhythm which doesn't include much change of pace if they can help it, at least in comparison. But I agree it doesn't mean all this much in typing.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about writing essays? Does that take you longer than average?
    well in school I would usually postpone them until I got the impulse to complete everything at once. but once I began, it could stretch on for half a day, depending on how invested I was. now I tend to write minimally on a daily basis, and roughly once a month will produce a substantial amount.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL
    LOL
    LOL

Not much different really. haha
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low energy. Moving around is the exception, not the rule.

I am fidgety. I can't stop moving when I sit still.
    huh?

to be honest, I'm more inclined to think you're SLE or maybe ILE, but I don't know much about you.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't have really bad ADD, fuck off. You don't know what it's like.
    Amen. That really does change how a person's type presents itself pretty significantly, and it's annoying hearing that it's just an excuse because you're trying to make someone this type or that from people who don't have any idea what the fuck they're talking about.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/