Last edited by silke; 06-01-2014 at 07:28 AM. Reason: updated video links

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm watching American Gangster right now, and I get a strong Se vibe and he seems like an angry person.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that being angry is related to type, it's just something I noticed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a bad tempered IXTp.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bump

SLE or LSI?

Or something else?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISFJ

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks familiar:

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's different from what I imagined him to be like off-screen:

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    He's different from what I imagined him to be like off-screen:
    Looks SLI here. Has those introverted perceiver mannerisms about him.

Definitely imagined him to be quite different. Very constructivist and tending to obstinate, in the 'nice way' where he's worked out what he's going to say before he says it. Of course these queues are tempered with a career in acting.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Looks SLI here. Has those introverted perceiver mannerisms about him.

Definitely imagined him to be quite different. Very constructivist and tending to obstinate, in the 'nice way' where he's worked out what he's going to say before he says it. Of course these queues are tempered with a career in acting.
    God this shows how colored you are by MBTI.

Obvious Se dominant is obvious as fuck.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch this, listen to his word choices, how he describes his own experiences. The part at around 16-18ish where he talks about adapting to roles is textbook Se linguistic stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJog4xde2s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    God this shows how colored you are by MBTI.

Obvious Se dominant is obvious as fuck.
    Gee whizz Caped crusader, watch the clip and discuss the particulars of the clip.

Watch this, listen to his word choices, how he describes his own experiences. The part at around 16-18ish where he talks about adapting to roles is textbook Se linguistic stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJog4xde2s
    It's the same clip and I'm happy to discuss the ins and outs of the facts. I'm sure you can show me a view useful tricks if you keep things productive.

The real odd one to me was at about 25 minutes when he starts listing his historic physical complaints and his natural charm comes out. He quietly giggles a few times.

I can also see how he closes down and shrinks at the positive emotions from the audience, the laughs and the applause; he restrains his emotions and go's inwards rather than embracing it.
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 12-30-2012 at 12:29 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Gee whizz Caped crusader, watch the clip and discuss the particulars of the clip.

It's the same clip and I'm happy to discuss the ins and outs of the facts. I'm sure you can show me a view useful tricks if you keep things productive.
    K sry

Listen to the way he talks about adjusting the standalone particulars of his life and sort of assumes that the general internal states that follow these changes will be implicitly understood. Se demonstrations abound, and seeking Ni; not behaviorally, but linguistically.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K sry

Listen to the way he talks about adjusting the standalone particulars of his life and sort of assumes that the general internal states that follow these changes will be implicitly understood. Se demonstrations abound, and seeking Ni; not behaviorally, but linguistically.
    It's a very valid interpretation, I'm crap at remembering what he says though. I wonder if we could find a transcript of the interview somewhere? I mostly see his body movements and his attitude shifts towards the audience, entirely due to my own limitations.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16:00 to 18:00

CROWE: Of course. Preparation and research is a privilege. And, um, I love to do it. I'm very inquisitive. And I also know, I absolutely know, that the more I put into the character, the more is apparent on the screen. So for example, on L.A. Confidential, Bud White was supposed to be the largest man in the Los Angeles Police Department. I hired a flat that was very, very small. Um, I could hardly even fit in the doorway of the bathroom but to me, every day, especially during rehearsals, I felt like I was big, you know, I was over, oversized for my environment which is the mentality that Bud White's supposed to have. I used to pretend to myself that I was, I only operated from the inside, you know? Then I realized when I was doing The Insider that I had nowhere to go unless the fucking hair was right. Address the external. If you're a pirate, get yourself an eye patch, you know… or a parrot or something. You know? [laughter] Address the external as early as you possibly can, get it out of your way. You know, have a look at your costume, think about your costume, and don't be afraid to readjust any of those decisions, you know? The bottom line is as Scorsese said, "man, you don't get anywhere until you make a decision," so start making decisions [snaps finger] quickly, you know, but be open and lucid enough and fluid enough to change your mind if you prove yourself wrong. Okay? And be cool about that, while you're discovering things, you know, look for the nuggets of gold man, you know, don't just make a decision and then, if you find yourself wrong and you do not go back on what you've done, you're just undercutting the whole process, and you're kidding yourself. You shouldn't be doing the gig, if you're gonna fall in love with things like that. You know, serve the character, not yourself.

LIPTON: I'd like to ask you about Curtis Hanson. You enjoyed working with him, didn't you?

CROWE: Yes, very much so.

LIPTON: What do you want ideally, from a director? You've got a lot of director's out there…

CROWE: Just, mate, I just want honesty. Straight forward. Don't try and play any bull shit games, cause you might be able to fool me, cause I'm not that smart, you know… uh, but the thing is, if you don't fool me and I catch you out, well, I'm never gonna listen to what you say again. I'm there, 100% to serve the film. I'm only there to do what it is you direct me to do, but I do love the opportunity to bring ideas back to the director.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that first paragraph you quoted was almost entirely Se.

Sorry again for being kind of a douche in my first post.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that first paragraph you quoted was almost entirely Se.

Sorry again for being kind of a douche in my first post.
    Not a problem Gilly.

I guess if it's an Se/Si tie breaker I should look at the Reinin for Judicious vs Decisive.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you people not listen to how people speak when they do? How can you type if you don't listen to them?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've got it in one Maritsa, we just sit with our eyes closed and earplugs in and smash our keyboards with our big dirty ham fists of mistyping. That's why we are discussing 16:00 to 18:00 in the clip and transcript.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Do you people not listen to how people speak when they do? How can you type if you don't listen to them?
    You don't seem to have any trouble typing people if you haven't heard them speaking. Just saying.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    You don't seem to have any trouble typing people if you haven't heard them speaking. Just saying.
    LOL I usually will at least read what they write
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Gilly I had a good watch of 16:00 to 18:00 twice and I framed the question in my mind to observe whether he maintained his relaxed state between questions and mobilized during the question, thus 'Judicious' or reverted to readiness between questions and is thus 'Decisive'.

He seems to deflate back to a conclusion at the end of each question and his mannerisms become more rigid, e.g. 15:30 at the start of the question, 15:40 at an interjection, he reverts to tense rather than relaxed postures, statements and deliveries. When he is activated by the interview and questions he slips into his relaxed mode for example in 17:45 where he snaps his fingers and his face becomes animated, he wags his finger and his body is animated. I often view this as a memory recall trick for introverted perceiver tricks, the more memory they feel safe recalling the more animated their body becomes, they shrink back into their shell once they have reached their conclusion. You can see that he has done so at 18:20 at the start of the next question.

How do you interpret the discussion during the time frame?

These are very narrow cues on a very limited timeframe with my poor interpretation skills so they do not lend to a definitive typing.

It's also not a TV/Movie personality I have much experience with; but then again I'm not a fan of celebrities.
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 12-30-2012 at 01:40 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

First of all, he looks a bit like Michael in this photo

He has no trouble standing up to authority.

The first day I started working with him, I thought, “That guys got it!” The best way to describe Russell is like a shark, he’s like a shark circling around. You could see it in the way he was figuring things out. Just before he became the big hit in LA Confidential, I was asked if I would do a film interview about him. They asked me about him, and I said, “Oh yeah, I could see it in him, he was different from the other guys.” He was argumentative. He argued with the director all the time. And I said to the director, “Listen to him, he’s got a point. He’s good – let him do it!”
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I usually will at least read what they write
    Every commenter has obviously been paying attention to the content of the video. You're really just calling the kettle black because you constantly type people without the aid of videos.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Every commenter has obviously been paying attention to the content of the video. You're really just calling the kettle black because you constantly type people without the aid of videos.
    LSE like to put on a friendly and inviting facade for the public because they are neurotic about coming off too imposing, pushy, directive. You, the public, will never see or experience certain aspects of an LSE, that's just reality; they are very tight lid about certain aspects of themselves. It's pretty darn calculated.
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSEs are like inception. A type within a type within a type... apparently.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE like to put on a friendly and inviting facade for the public because they are neurotic about coming off too imposing, pushy, directive. You, the public, will never see or experience certain aspects of an LSE, that's just reality; they are very tight lid about certain aspects of themselves. It's pretty darn calculated.
    Yeah. I wasn't talking about the deep dark enchanting mysteries of the LSE. I don't care.

I was addressing the fact that you are being a hypocrite on the level of a hippopotamus.
    Anyway. Continue.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSEs possess the ability to see hidden messages from the Anti-Christ when they watch Psy perform "Gangam Style." It is because of the shape of the LSE foreheads...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has SEE been mentioned yet? (I didn't go through the whole thread).

SEE is what i've been typing him.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Has SEE been mentioned yet? (I didn't go through the whole thread).

SEE is what i've been typing him.
    Yes, SEE. He has a very Se / Fi disposition overall. I'll be darned to see any Fe values. Very serious but soft phlegmatically Fi demeanor, personal jovialness etc.

He also reminds me of an old SEE friend I had this weird superiority complex with / always wanted to impress him, cuz he's so on top of life and things going on or whatever, my personal experiences come across trivial.

Last edited by 717495; 12-30-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSE like to put on a friendly and inviting facade for the public because they are neurotic
    I see, interesting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Relax, Maritsa. If people have another decision it does not mean they have no enough info. Better ask yourself how can you do not understand it, especialy in typology where low match is common and hence no shared objective method is used for typing to write about not enough data.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Relax, Maritsa. If people have another decision it does not mean they have no enough info. Better ask yourself how can you do not understand it, especialy in typology where low match is common and hence no shared objective method is used for typing to write about not enough data.
    It means they have not enough info and trying to take an objective method/approach might be impossible in some cases where evidence to the contrary is lacking, so it's okay to remain open-minded as not to miss any alternatives and new evidence that may shed some light on particular subject, if you haven't noticed yet, mighty LSE person...

I think that goes for any one out there, unless one is more interested in their subjective opinion.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks Se-ESFp. I don't know beyond that.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, another one of Marita's duals.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always auto thought ESTp ESTP so/sx (unsure on enneagram maybe 8 or 7)

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Sol, I tried to exchange an objective method with you and have you think THINK about it and digest it and determine for yourself what that knowledge is and what possibilities it entails, however you were to proud to even get any info about it; *closed minded*
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 12-30-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast