Thread: "VI" is for "VIbes"

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "VI" is for "VIbes"

I'm going to post the pictures of a certain circle of people - people who know and like each other - and I'd like to see what impressions y'all get from the pictures. What kind of people do they seem like?

Person Z -

(on the right)

(on the right)

(on the right)

(on the far right)

(on the left)

(on the far left)

(on the far left)

(on the right)

(on the left)

(on the left)

(on the left)

(on the left)

(on the left)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, next is Person S, who gets along famously with Person Z.

Here is a picture of Z and S together:

Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Here is a picture of Z and S together:
    Whoa. I think my eyes are bleeding.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person J is married to Person S:

J and S together:

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Whoa. I think my eyes are bleeding.
    Lol. Yeah.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person A also gets along famously with both S and Z, though at the moment I do not have any pictures of them all together:

(on the right)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person O is sisters with S, and they get along very well (though, imho, I'm not sure that's entirely related to socionics):

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O and S together:

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of letters to keep track of there.

Not seeing any alphas.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    hmm... I would not be immediately drawn to any of these people at all - and I don't mean this to say something rude, it's just an observation that might be relevant Socionics-wise.

I think they are probably mostly Deltas with no Betas.
    Hm, that's very interesting. And, no, I don't think it's rude at all. It's the kind of thing I'm looking for actually. Perhaps after more people give their reactions to the photos, I'll go a little into my own experiences with them.

How about S - what do you think of her? Any better, or any worse?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    A lot of letters to keep track of there.

Not seeing any alphas.
    If you'd like to, you can give them names.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would agree that almost all of these images have a delta feel.

guessing, in order of presentation: EII, IEE, LSE, IEE, EII.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do seem delta. Very granola-ish if you will.

Creepy-female

deltazz on fourwheelers

run!!

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    hmm... I would not be immediately drawn to any of these people at all - and I don't mean this to say something rude, it's just an observation that might be relevant Socionics-wise.

I think they are probably mostly Deltas with no Betas.
    Hah, that was my thought.. but then as I started going through the pictures much later on after I thought they would have already finished, I wondered if I'd drop my standards. And find the most interesting person

I also thought Delta. I reckon that's true.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody sees Delta, hm?

Ok, a few more people. Person W is married to O, and he seems to get along well enough with S, though I could never see the two of them as being all that close. I've never seen them really joke or laugh or be crazy with each other like I've seen S, A, and Z do - especially S and Z.

Person W:

O with W:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Z looks exactly like a girl I know. I think she's Ne-ego, prob ILE?

The only thing I get from S is that she seems tomboyish... I'm trying to think of a type.
    I'm guessing she "wears the pants in the relationship" with J.
    (Edit: Okay. No offense to S, but she looks super annoying to me. I'm guessing SLE for her.) J might be SEI>

A looks kind of ....shy. I'm going to say Delta Introvert.

O is LII or IEI?

W is ESE.

Also, they don't seem that "delta-ish" to me. I think where Minde lives and how she takes pictures (i.e. the lens through which we view these people) is Delta. That's basically it.
    Last edited by Ritella; 03-29-2009 at 05:15 AM.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person JF is another who gets along very well with S. They seem to understand each other well and react similarly to most things. They egg each other on a lot.

He gets on fairly well with O, W, Z, and A - probably the best with Z out of those - but doesn't have the same "click" with them that he does with S.

So, JF:

Last edited by Minde; 03-29-2009 at 06:07 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mkay, one more for now. Person E gets along great with S and JF. The three of them share a lot of the same humor and seem to communicate very well with each other. If the group of S, A, and Z are the ones who do fun and crazy things with each other, the group of S, JF, and E are the ones who talk about the fun and crazy things together.

Person E (I wish the pictures of him were better and more plentiful):

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Z looks exactly like a girl I know. I think she's Ne-ego, prob ILE?

The only thing I get from S is that she seems tomboyish... I'm trying to think of a type.
    I'm guessing she "wears the pants in the relationship" with J.
    I would agree with that assessment, yes.

(Edit: Okay. No offense to S, but she looks super annoying to me. I'm guessing SLE for her.) J might be SEI>
    If it helps any, me + S = alien communication. O.o

A looks kind of ....shy. I'm going to say Delta Introvert.
    She is indeed pretty shy.

O is LII or IEI?

W is ESE.

Also, they don't seem that "delta-ish" to me. I think where Minde lives and how she takes pictures (i.e. the lens through which we view these people) is Delta. That's basically it.
    Yes. I was going to bring that up, that the culture where I live is very outdoorsy and such. I didn't take all of these pictures, though.

EDIT: WHOA there are so many pictures. This is going to take years.
    Better too many than too few? I like providing a sufficient range of pertinent info. I've stopped for now, though.
    Last edited by Minde; 03-29-2009 at 05:40 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better too many than too few? I like providing a sufficient range of pertinent info. I've stopped for now, though.
    lol. i actually like a range of pics for each person, so thanks.
    just, 7 people with random letter names is overloading my short term memory. it's fun though.
    p.s.- see edits to that post i made.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ JF. Wow. Every picture of him is cracking me up. He reminds me of this girl I know. I haven't seen her in forever though, so I dunno about the type. Ummm. I'm going to guess SEE.

E is Beta Rational?

I haven't read your relationship comments yet. I'll do that now. Watch me get all of these typings wrong. :/
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. i actually like a range of pics for each person, so thanks.
    just, 7 people with random letter names is overloading my short term memory. it's fun though.
    p.s.- see edits to that post i made.
    Yeah, the letter names can be confusing, I know. As I suggested to Banana Pancakes earlier, you're welcome to make up names for them, though, if that helps any.

And I edited my own post above accordingly.

LOL @ JF. Wow. Every picture of him is cracking me up. He reminds me of this girl I know. I haven't seen her in forever though, so I dunno about the type. Ummm. I'm going to guess SEE.

E is Beta Rational?

I haven't read your relationship comments yet. I'll do that now. Watch me get all of these typings wrong. :/
    Your reactions and responses are actually pretty insightful. So keep going; you're doing great.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your reactions and responses are actually pretty insightful. So keep going; you're doing great.
    Thanks! your type threads are always super fun, btw. you should do more!

okay, i'm reading your relationship comments now and commenting on how they fit with my typings...

E, S, and JF get along because they're Beta-Gamma and share Se-Ni humor.

Z and S getting along like that makes me think they're not comparatives. They look like they could be semi-duals or illusionaries, prob much more the latter though. IDK maybe Z is SEI.

okay, argh. this is getting too confusing because i'm not sure now which typings are wrong, so i'll stop with their relationships.

one thing: J confuses me. My first thoughts were "that's exactly someone I would date." But then he sometimes looks too "soft" or something in the pictures for me. idk, maybe it's just because he hangs out with S who seriously annoys the crap out of me.
    Last edited by Ritella; 03-29-2009 at 06:16 AM.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok, don't stress over it. I think tomorrow or sometime when I have more brainpower (not to mention typing coordination) I'll go some more over their relationships and characteristics plus how I usually interact with them. That might help a bit, I think.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think that all of these people are necessarily delta -- my guesses of them as delta are basically that; guesses. but in general the flavor of the images and the interactions portrayed take on a generally highly delta theme.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Z is SEI, and I stopped at that point because I don't feel like typing 7 people

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne/Si, for certain. Lots of Delta, maybe some Alpha, but generally Delta.

The man with the plan MasterfulMischief's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My types, in the order presented:

IEE, EIE/ILE, LSI/LSE, IEE/EII, EII, ILI, LSE, SEI,

When will you tell us the answers? Also, does anyone know if this forum has spoiler tags? They would really come in handy for threads like these.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterfulMischief View Post
    My types, in the order presented:

IEE, EIE/ILE, LSI/LSE, IEE/EII, EII, ILI, LSE, SEI,

When will you tell us the answers? Also, does anyone know if this forum has spoiler tags? They would really come in handy for threads like these.
    I don't know all of the answers. I have ideas for a few of them, and two in particular I'm fairly certain about, but I haven't really settled on much.

I thought about various ways I could go about describing these people, and I think the easiest would be to just start with describing how I get along with all of them and kind of go from there. I'll start with the mini-group of the first, second, and fourth:

Z - She and I always got along well with no problems. I mean, it was never a fantastic or super special relationship, but we've been friendly with each other from the start. I usually felt comfortable being around her. She'd always welcome me, and I could establish a connection with her.

She's a very sporty person, physically active, athletically inclined, but not overly forceful about it. She smiles a good amount and likes to laugh, though she's not what I'd call loud or overbearing at all. She's not particularly tied to crowd-following, though she does have a certain understanding of trends and people/fashion. She's not frilly, but I think she's more feminine than S. She's more comfortable with reciprocating cheery emotional displays ("Haaeeeyy! How are youuu?! SO GOOD to SEE you!!! *squeal*) than I am. I wouldn't say she necessarily generates that on her own, though.

S - As I mentioned above, me trying to communicate or bond with her is usually like trying to do so with an alien. There's no active enmity and usually an abundance of goodwill, but we just... fail to connect. And, believe me, I've tried to connect. I think sometimes she sort of realizes that I'm trying to be friendly, but - again, it's like alien-speak to her, it seems. She's always managed to intimidate me. I admire her a lot, but I find it hard to speak up around her. I feel that my natural way of doing things would be unpleasant to her, but I don't quite know exactly what to do so I end up trying to stay quiet or out of the way.

She's active, direct, loud(ish), funny, outgoing, physical, sharp. She's great with crowds, especially younger people. She's very competitive, particularly in sports. She is indeed tomboyish. Only very recently, since her marriage, have I seen a more feminine side to her.

One time when I was working directly beneath her in charge of a group, she got upset (not for very long, but still) with me because I had failed to get the group to perform in a (small) competition as well as she was used to performing. I can be competitive myself, and when I'm in charge of things like that I usually try to get at least good results, but I (as I usually do) had opted for the more relaxed and generally nourishing approach in running things as opposed to the task-master approach - quality, but not at the expense of the individuals involved. I prefer people to be happy over having everything spotless. She was definitely much more about winning.

Tenderness is definitely not her forte. She's not cruel, though, as far as I know.

A - Very sweet, usually quiet, self-effacing, agreeable. Not pushy at all. She's another one that I've always gotten along with and never had any problems with. However... I think at times she's almost... too sweet for me. As in, I could not really tell if she had any needs or differences. I often feel like I have to be just as sweet to match her - which I'm not. I'm sure there's a lot more I could know about her.

The three of them together tended to laugh a lot and do silly things. Often they tended to be more physical stunts or exploits, as per the pic above, with S and Z all dressed up. A usually didn't do the really crazy stuff; I never saw her doing it, anyway. Z, I think, was more of the silliness idea-er (if that makes sense), although she normally wasn't loudly silly, and S was the pusher and the louder one, though both would actively do things. A seemed mostly to just go along for the ride, though I think she must have contributed somehow because if just going along for the ride was all they needed then I could have joined, too.

I like all of them and there was never really any bad feelings, but I could never seem to fit. Sometimes I could wing it for a little, contributing occasional wit, something that would make them laugh, but it'd get very exhausting for me after a bit, and I'd get the feeling quite often that I wasn't behaving in quite the right ways. I'd be quiet at too many of the wrong times, and sometimes I'd say something that totally did not mesh with wherever they were going with things or thinking. Sometimes I just really would not understand what in the world it was that they found funny. More than a few awkward/puzzled glances were made and exchanged.

After awhile I stopped trying to join them. We're all still friendly, but it wasn't worth it to me to try to bend myself into an unnatural shape just to be able to participate in things that I didn't particularly understand or enjoy anyway.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're not sure on some of their types, why don't you tell us what types you were considering along with the descriptions?
    btw, I feel we had the same reaction to these people.
    now i'm convinced that S is SLE. I still think Z is Alpha, but not sure which; maybe ESE > ILE. And A confuses me; I know people exactly like that- and I know precisely what you mean about her being "too nice"- but I don't really know the type. Maybe IEI?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're not sure on some of their types, why don't you tell us what types you were considering along with the descriptions?
    SLE for S is the most sure I am of those three. A is possibly IEI? Dunno about Z. Alpha maybe.

btw, I feel we had the same reaction to these people.
    No kidding. Uncannily similar, almost.

It puzzles me how people are seeing Delta so much. But it is interesting. A good exploration in VI. The thing is, if the three I just described are Delta, then I don't think I can be one. Is it even possible to not-mesh as badly as I did and still be in the same quadra?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It puzzles me how people are seeing Delta so much. But it is interesting. A good exploration in VI. The thing is, if the three I just described are Delta, then I don't think I can be one. Is it even possible to not-mesh as badly as I did and still be in the same quadra?
    Based on my reaction to the photos and your IRL reaction to these people, I REALLY doubt they're Delta. (S's sister may actually be Delta; but she's probably the only one.)
    Also, when I went through the pics I actually thought to myself "Geez. everyone's going to assume Delta because of the outdoorsy, peaceful, green feel," but really the people were projecting a lot of Fe and Se in a majority of those pics.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Person J is married to Person S:
    J-ISTp
    S-ISTp

Person A also gets along famously with both S and Z, though at the moment I do not have any pictures of them all together:

(on the right)
    [/IMG]
    Looks like INTj/p with ESFp.

I'm going to post the pictures of a certain circle of people - people who know and like each other - and I'd like to see what impressions y'all get from the pictures. What kind of people do they seem like?

Person Z -
    ESTj

She's my dual....Hearts...but you don't get along with her?

Ok, next is Person S, who gets along famously with Person Z.

[/IMG]
    S -ISTp

Everybody sees Delta, hm?

Ok, a few more people. Person W is married to O, and he seems to get along well enough with S, though I could never see the two of them as being all that close. I've never seen them really joke or laugh or be crazy with each other like I've seen S, A, and Z do - especially S and Z.

Person W:

[/IMG]
    man Sp may be ESFp
    woman ENTj

Mkay, one more for now. Person E gets along great with S and JF. The three of them share a lot of the same humor and seem to communicate very well with each other. If the group of S, A, and Z are the ones who do fun and crazy things with each other, the group of S, JF, and E are the ones who talk about the fun and crazy things together.

Person E (I wish the pictures of him were better and more plentiful):
    ESTp

Person JF is another who gets along very well with S. They seem to understand each other well and react similarly to most things. They egg each other on a lot.

He gets on fairly well with O, W, Z, and A - probably the best with Z out of those - but doesn't have the same "click" with them that he does with S.

So, JF:

[/IMG]
    ESTp, man
    ENFj, woman.
    Young girl is a NFj type.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-30-2010 at 05:28 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE for S is the most sure I am of those three. A is possibly IEI? Dunno about Z. Alpha maybe.

No kidding. Uncannily similar, almost.

You got your own, real life, dual's type wrong.

That's kinda because I can feel them and see them...it's a gift.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

O and S together:

ENTj
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Person Z -

(on the far right)
    INFJ- the girl in the green cartigan
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-30-2010 at 02:33 AM.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    They do seem delta. Very granola-ish if you will.
    lmao.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most likable Person is A in my opinion, just from the look of course. But I can't say much more about it.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast