Thread: Sick of questionnaires. VI me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Sick of questionnaires. VI me.

nevermind
    Last edited by Phantom; 07-02-2016 at 02:52 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What type do you think you are?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probz ILI

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What type do you think you are?
    I've narrowed it down to Gamma but that's all.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I've narrowed it down to Gamma but that's all.
    ESI sorry because you feel anxious when you make a statement that you feel may stand to be wrong with objective logic. Certainty and reliability of information is important to you and you can forsee the worst possible outcomes also your tendencies. You are skeptical of your own certainty with information Te

Do you feel like everyone has their place? As in people should recognize authority, who is in charge..ect?

I feel like knowing the functions helps

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind, saw the edit.

Yeah. I get really irritated when people willfully rebel against authority just for the heck of it or because they "hate the system", I find it disrespectful. However, I also won't blindly follow someone who was appointed to be in charge simply because of protocol or tradition. The person in question has to demonstrate that he has earned it, that he is worthy of being in charge. If you watch Game Of Thrones, I strongly relate to the wildlings' view on leadership, even if I don't necessarily like their way of life.

What are your thoughts from a pure VI perspective?
    Last edited by Phantom; 06-30-2016 at 10:44 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No offense, but can you post a few photos with different expressions? Its like half this forum only uses one default face in life - do you people even emote lol

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    No offense, but can you post a few photos with different expressions? Its like half this forum only uses one default face in life - do you people even emote lol
    None taken. That's just how I am. I find it hard to emote, many people have noted how impassive I am. I have the same deadpan look in most photos.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

A duck type. Unless you add something different.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm always pouting for some reason. It's pretty much my default state. People also said that I always looked stoned, not so much in the past year or so.

If VI really isn't working, just ask me some questions whose answers might shed some light on my cognition.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

make videointerview. so there be something adequate to type you
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I mildly do so
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I will not be able to VI without a picture taken from the side (shoulder up)
    -

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind, saw the edit.

Yeah. I get really irritated when people willfully rebel against authority just for the heck of it or because they "hate the system", I find it disrespectful. However, I also won't blindly follow someone who was appointed to be in charge simply because of protocol or tradition. The person in question has to demonstrate that he has earned it, that he is worthy of being in charge. If you watch Game Of Thrones, I strongly relate to the wildlings' view on leadership, even if I don't necessarily like their way of life.

What are your thoughts from a pure VI perspective?
    "Respect - disrespect" is how Betas construe their values and relationships. Have you looked into LSI? They are easily mistaken for ILIs, having some of the same absence of emotiveness and some of the shared decisive quadra values.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Questionnaires are certainly too heavily promoted to new members on this site (and the ones most readily available are too lengthy, generally), but they are still far more preferable than attempting to type via VI.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a test and also have your best friend/lover/brother/parents take it for you. Then see why (not if) you disagree with them and you'll have an idea of your type

edit: I always feel cognitive style really narrows things down, but that's just a preference I guess.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    "Respect - disrespect" is how Betas construe their values and relationships. Have you looked into LSI? They are easily mistaken for ILIs, having some of the same absence of emotiveness and some of the shared decisive quadra values.
    I thought I was an LSI for quite a while before I realized I did not value Ti at all, courtesy of some reflection and aggregated opinions about me from other people. Also, in general, I don't relate to the Beta quadra at all. I don't really judge people or actions as respectful or disrespectful. More often than not, it's just a case of me using a word to describe my personal dislike of something in a rather objective context. I can't recall a single instance where I've looked at a person and thought about him in terms of how respectful he is or how much I respect him. I can tell whether I like him or dislike him. I can tell when I'm among good people and when I feel like I'm in bad company. I especially feel strongly about the latter, almost like I can smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Questionnaires are certainly too heavily promoted to new members on this site (and the ones most readily available are too lengthy, generally), but they are still far more preferable than attempting to type via VI.
    Yeah, I'm regretting my decision. The VI aspect of this thread is almost nonexistent, anyway. I might actually do a questionnaire, if there's one I haven't done before. Do you know of any you can suggest?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

FWIW, your avatar picture looks ILI to me.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the best of both worlds and post a video questionnaire. That way we can see your mannerisms (picture VI is crap comparatively) and get information about your thought process and values.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm regretting my decision. The VI aspect of this thread is almost nonexistent, anyway. I might actually do a questionnaire, if there's one I haven't done before. Do you know of any you can suggest?
    @thehotelambush makes a good suggestion, if you are inclined (you might prefer a video interview e.g. like the Word Socionics Society do @Jack Oliver Aaron, which would be more dynamic, and perhaps feel more natural). I would say if you are doing a questionnaire, that you simply choose 20 questions (a few from each section) you like and answer them. But one of my key issues with them is that if you are asked if something is a key "skill" (or something you think about often etc.), the topic is unnaturally introduced into your mind and thus commented on in an unrepresentative way, and also, those who best have an aptitude for something may well be less confident of their ability ( it is known for example that those who are most confident of being "right" are actually more likely to be "wrong").

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You vibe as a gamma introvert.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    The questionnaire form on this website could definitely use some improvement

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    The questionnaire form on this website could definitely use some improvement
    I think there also needs to be a clear notice (in bold and/or in a red colour) that tells people to save their answers BEFORE submitting the page to (and/or suggesting that they complete it offline). I've noticed a number of instances (which is painful to see) of people saying they had completed a lengthy questionnaire only for things to be screwed up and lost when they actually tried to submit the thing. @mu4

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transported the original post to another thread.
    Last edited by Phantom; 07-12-2016 at 10:22 PM.