1 3.23%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: starfalls type

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Ni itself is not a precise IE, so to speak.
    Ni is all about metaphors, similes, abstract speech, patterns in time, and so forth.

ILI-Te can certainly be concise in their language. (A lot of ILI-Te individuals go into neuroscience, robotics, or management of some kind – and those areas require more concise language). But ILI-Ni can be very abstract in their writings, just look at Nietzsche's writings – Thus Spoke Zarathustra can be difficult to understand and decipher, even for scholars. When I read some of it in German, I thought to myself "Nietzsche must be IEI, I can literally see the Ni weaving through this work of literature". However, after researching him a bit more I came to the conclusion he must have been ILI-Ni after all.
    Ok, but why would you type Nietzsche as ILI...? If he was so vague, then it would be natural to think that he's probably not an ILI, don't you think. Yes, they have Ni and it can be abstract sometimes, but it's still blocked by Te.

You can often tell ILIs, because when they're explaining something, they will have a barrage of facts that has a hypnotic effect on the listener. They will go on and on and on explaining something, but it's usually easy to understand because theirs thoughts are very clear, and they tend to be mostly facts. I guess it's the perfect combination of ILI's Reinin dichotomies being Objectivist, Obstinate, Constructivist, Negativist, Declaring and Process, as well as Fe PoLR that make them one of the most intellectually concrete and precise types. ILIs are very very pedantic, they will often try to back up everything they say very precisely. But not every ILI is going to be smart or right, of course. They get things wrong.

Anyway, you can often tell F types from T types, by either the way they speak, or the way they write. For T types, it is often very concrete. F types are rather vague, but they're more suited toward people. Yet when F types are speaking casually with people, they sound "normal". I guess it's just that human interaction and languages tend to be vague by nature.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How so?
    Because it would seem that you have the IEE-Fi type confused with ESI (not strange since it has similarities).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Check out @strrrng's old posts. An IEI-Ni who was very confident in Ti, but hotheaded and firey as well. He was sx first, though.
    Yeah it might be the sx.

I was wondering this as well. I think intellectual IEI's may focus more on Ti than the average IEI, but it is not one of their stronger points so they have more trouble expressing their ideas in a systematic way that makes sense, so they end up more vague. I'm personally bad at expressing my ideas and thought process in a way that's understandable because they're jumbled all over the place and so harder to put into words (I'm by no means an intellectual though). Types strong in Ti are much better at placing information together in a way that it makes sense to others, imo.
    I find them decently systematic.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, I am curious to know why you think you are an Ethical type?
    my strength just isn't Ti (or Te, for that matter)—it's just something I rather like (indulging in).

I feel like my old forum behavior should be a decent indication of beta—all my "battles" were fueled by FeSe values: one-upmanship, emotionally-charged socio-political forays, and just generally explosive behavior that I've never seen an ILI engage in.

on a more personal note, I find myself more adept at noticing emotional cues in people and guiding the interaction. for example, when I was living with gilly, he would typically throw out some Fe-seeking suggestions, and I would simply indicate my interest or whatever in a way that reciprocated the intent. I feel like an ILI would just ignore such attempts at being pulled out or simply come out and say "no" or "fuck off." I have no problem passively dictating the direction interaction takes, it's just not as apparent here because this place is more of an intellectual hub for me than a source of social exploration.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "IEIs are just lowkey valuers" meme needs to die right now. I've never heard anything parallel said about the of fi-creatives.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    my strength just isn't Ti (or Te, for that matter)—it's just something I rather like (indulging in).

I feel like my old forum behavior should be a decent indication of beta—all my "battles" were fueled by FeSe values: one-upmanship, emotionally-charged socio-political forays, and just generally explosive behavior that I've never seen an ILI engage in.
    Those aren't particularly Fe-Se values in general, but rather Sx/So (counterphobic, imo) behaviour.
    It is easy to equate Sx/So-ness with Beta, I have commonly encountered that equation online.
    Almost all Sx/So people or celebs have been typed as Beta at least once on this forum, or elsewhere.

The stereotypical ILI is either So/Sp or Sp/Sx Type 5 and not as "intense" (and counterphobic) as Sx/So, hence it makes sense you wouldn't relate to that too well.

P.S: What do you think of Christopher Hitchens?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also IEIs tend to have ultraconservative inclinations and those who hang out online usually frequent /pol/ and Stormfront. remember, Beta is the quadra of social control and anti-individualism

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those aren't particularly Fe-Se values in general, but rather Sx/So (counterphobic, imo) behaviour.
    It is easy to equate Sx/So-ness with Beta, I have commonly encountered that equation online.
    Almost all Sx/So people or celebs have been typed as Beta at least once on this forum, or elsewhere.

The stereotypical ILI is either So/Sp or Sp/Sx Type 5 and not as "intense" (and counterphobic) as Sx/So, hence it makes sense you wouldn't relate to that too well.
    meh, I still think the way I went about it, in regard to my intent, was more redolent of Fe-valuing. I could see an sx/so ILI intellectually haranguing someone for stupidity, but it wouldn't be about the emotional impact and implication—they would simply be pointing out a factual/logical error.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
    also IEIs tend to have ultraconservative inclinations and those who hang out online usually frequent /pol/ and Stormfront. remember, Beta is the quadra of social control and anti-individualism
    Beta can be both sides of the coin. It can either enforce what you just said, or be critical of it.
    "The Matrix" is actually a good example of a group of Betas (namely Morpheus and Neo) being against the social control and anti-individualism of the matrix.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also IEIs tend to have ultraconservative inclinations
    What.

I think the political inclinations in types are about 50:50, anyway. Actually, there are probably more conservatives in the world, so it's probably more like 60:40, 75:25.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly, she once stated that she got officially typed as IEI by someone (or several people?).
    She seemed to base her confidence in her typing on that fact (more or less).

And no, I don't believe people need to be officially typed by anyone else to be typed correctly.

Personally I never sought out someone else's expertise to figure out my type(s). I was set on becoming more of an expert myself and to understand the theory well enough so I could do it myself. I found it unnecessary to let someone else do that for me.
    grrr. after reading SF response to the above...I'm kind of starting to imagine you look like Kellyanne Conway.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    grrr. after reading SF response to the above...I'm kind of starting to imagine you look like Kellyanne Conway.
    She definitely does not look like her. Cassandra is young, and pretty... makes you mad doesn't it lol

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. No.

No doubt there are some shitty Betas hanging out in the lowest places, but I don't personally know one single Beta irl who holds those views.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I mistook Starfall for Persephone there, I just realized. Or in other words, I thought Starfall might have said that or something similar, but apparently I was mistaken.
    It was Persephone who had been officially typed, and all that jazz.

P.S: And yeah, I don't look like that. I am a brunette.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    She definitely does not look like her. Cassandra is young, and pretty... makes you mad doesn't it lol
    I mistook Starfall for Persephone there, I just realized. Or in other words, I thought Starfall might have said that or something similar, but apparently I was mistaken.
    It was Persephone who had been officially typed, and all that jazz.

P.S: And yeah, I don't look like that. I am a brunette.
    Playing dumb is super lame. It is very obvious that I mean in regards to her trend of thwarting people's words, not actual looks.

(Her response being yet another example). hardy har.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Lol. No.

No doubt there are some shitty Betas hanging out in the lowest places, but I don't personally know one single Beta irl who holds those views.
    Protip: none of the people you meet irl are the ones that matter.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Playing dumb is super lame. It is very obvious that I mean in regards to her trend of thwarting people's words, not actual looks.

(Her response being yet another example). hardy har.
    Hey, you said "look like...". That word has the connotation of appearance and... looks.
    If you had said "is like", then it would have been more of a personality comparison.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, haha.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

It is very obvious that I mean in regards to her trend of thwarting people's words, not actual looks.
    I'm kind of starting to imagine you look like Kellyanne Conway.
    d6f.jpg

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post

on a more personal note, I find myself more adept at noticing emotional cues in people and guiding the interaction. for example, when I was living with gilly, he would typically throw out some Fe-seeking suggestions, and I would simply indicate my interest or whatever in a way that reciprocated the intent. I feel like an ILI would just ignore such attempts at being pulled out or simply come out and say "no" or "fuck off." I have no problem passively dictating the direction interaction takes, it's just not as apparent here because this place is more of an intellectual hub for me than a source of social exploration.
    So Starfall was right, you're an intense IEI-Ni because of sx-ness.

You type Gilly as ILE, or? (The forum Gilly yes?)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    !

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    So Starfall was right, you're an intense IEI-Ni because of sx-ness.

You type Gilly as ILE, or? (The forum Gilly yes?)
    yeah, forum gilly, ILE.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. No.

Beta and delta being aristrocats seem to me irl to swing both ways. From social collectivism to individualism, it kinda works depending on the prevailing strata. I mean you get deltas who are law abiding yet individualistic. You get betas who are rebellious yet centralizing hiarchial structures ie: security firms, public civil departments (fire stations, or police systems witha distinct chain of command).

They seem to me personally hard to delineate between the two groups sometimes, with plenty of overlap. Sorry just some thoughts. If I'm still blocked there is no hard feelings. You are welcome to unblock me at any time no hard feelings.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I remember Niffweed saying he wasn't sure, but he related the most to the sx/so stacking, and he also self typed ILI. He was exactly like this. He likes to call people idiots a lot and he had a strong presence (imo), but he didn't get nearly as emotionally heated as you did in debates. Korpsy was another sx first ILI who liked to give people a hard time just for the thrill of it, but it was also in a different way.

I'm always really hesitant and intimidated around types with Te in their ego block especially, because I always feel like I'm going to somehow fuck up and say something wrong or act too silly, and then they'll call me out for being stupid. I've always felt like I needed to walk around eggshells around the Te egos here, mainly LIE's and ILI's, but also SLI's to a lesser extent. Alpha NT's and Beta ST's don't make me feel that way at all.
    Ive read and witnessed IEIs often express that they feel they disappoint their conflictors no matter how hard they try.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol I remember Niffweed saying he wasn't sure, but he related the most to the sx/so stacking, and he also self typed ILI. He was exactly like this. He likes to call people idiots a lot and he had a strong presence (imo), but he didn't get nearly as emotionally heated as you did in debates. Korpsy was another sx first ILI who liked to give people a hard time just for the thrill of it, but it was also in a different way.

I'm always really hesitant and intimidated around types with Te in their ego block especially, because I always feel like I'm going to somehow fuck up and say something wrong or act too silly, and then they'll call me out for being stupid. I've always felt like I needed to walk around eggshells around the Te egos here, mainly LIE's and ILI's, but also SLI's to a lesser extent. Alpha NT's and Beta ST's don't make me feel that way at all.
    HI, Starfall.
    Don't worry about me ever calling you stupid. For one thing, I know that you, like all IEI's, are from another dimension. For another, I don't think you are stupid at all. I think you are very smart. For a third, you posted this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMUsXnHdGbA to defuse a tense chatbox convo, and that act placed you permanently and forever on the good side of my Fi ledger.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

A lot of Ti ego types go around calling people stupid, too, btw.

More than Te ego actually, in my experience. Or rather, it is mostly IxTx who do this, IxTj in particular.
    ExTj don't really do that, being Ti Ignoring and rather focusing on other things that are more productive, and not so much on the inherent logic of someone's statements.

Just look at heated Atheism debates online for example, they are full of LIIs (and some ILIs).

P.S: I showed an LSI this thread and he said "Is XYZ really that stupid, or am I missing something". Haha.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting... I feel that way more towards LIIs than ILIs. Even though it's the ILIs that are called the "critics", it's more often the LIIs that are picking apart some flaws in your arguments. ILIs Te is not bad... it's even kind of soothing really... it's mostly all just facts and nothing else. I don't feel like they're that critical as in they pick apart everything and tear apart your arguments.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I feel like walking around on eggshells with Fi types, what type does that make me?

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi stuff just goes over my head... I don't really notice Fi at all. I find that Fi is almost indistinguishable from Fe... Both F types are pretty similar... Maybe my Fi is broken and not working properly.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Bad at typing, seeing as you think I'm a Fi ego. Lol.
    Well, you'd have to type me as Fi PoLR for feeling like I walk around on egg shells with many Fi ego people.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S: I showed an LSI this thread and he said "Is XYZ really that stupid, or am I missing something". Haha.
    Well, if XYZ is a person, now perhaps you'd like to say who it is, or delete the comment altogether?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

And you'd have to type anyone who feels "unproductive" a Te valuer, or anyone who shows any kind of irritability a Se ego.
    I'd be inclined to type someone who laments about being unproductive and lazy as Te seeking, yes.
    For Te PoLR doesn't really care about being that way, not valuing Te.

I've had some people tell me I was lazy before, and I usually said "No, I am not" or said nothing and just thought to myself "I don't give a damn".

I don't see any particular correlation between irritability and Se ego.
    Irritability has mostly something to do with neuroticism, and the most neurotic people usually have a 6 fix, so I'd go with suggesting that.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Well, if XYZ is a person, now perhaps you'd like to say who it is, or delete the comment altogether?
    I don't see the necessity to do either.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the necessity to do either.
    It's not necessary, but it would be the decent thing to do. If you ever wonder why people say you're passive-aggressive, it's stuff like this. You seem likable enough, but for some reason you interlace your discourse with these nasty little bombs. By not naming the person, you make it more difficult for anyone to call you to account for how incredibly rude it is. But I'm calling it out all the same. It could be anyone who posted in this thread, so you're spreading the insult around to many potential targets, but it's safe to assume it's whoever you have conflicted with the most.

Have the guts to insult a person openly.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It's not necessary, but it would be the decent thing to do. If you ever wonder why people say you're passive-aggressive, it's stuff like this. You seem likable enough, but for some reason you interlace your discourse with these nasty little bombs. By not naming the person, you make it more difficult for anyone to call you to account for how incredibly rude it is. But I'm calling it out all the same. It could be anyone who posted in this thread, so you're spreading the insult around to many potential targets, but it's safe to assume it's whoever you have conflicted with the most.

Have the guts to insult a person openly.
    I totally agree. ^^'

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, you'd have to type me as Fi PoLR for feeling like I walk around on egg shells with many Fi ego people.
    Please read Introverted Feeling Type descriptions by Jung. Someone having a mad/choleric response to you, being passionate and revealing their emotional turmoil is not the usual Fi-dom person response. It's usually the opposite - someone being indifferent or turning away, acting politely while secretely judging you. They actually don't give the outward impression of wanting to affect or impress people.

It's usually the moralistic self-righteousness that distinguishes Fi egos from others, not simply having an opinion if someone's hair is ugly or if someone is a loser. ESI's for example often see people in white /black terms when it comes to (their own sense of) morality. "You cheated on him, so you must be a bad person and can't be trusted" etc. So that's the "walking on egg shells" feeling with them - like they are holding back their moral judgment of you and won't tell it truthfully in your face - so you never know where you stand with them. They're polite enough but you never know...is there a secret resentment from 5 years ago : D?

I'm pretty sure many people feel or felt like they walk on eggshells around Donald Trump or ****** and that doesn't make any of them Fi ego.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

A lot of Ti ego types go around calling people stupid, too, btw.

More than Te ego actually, in my experience. Or rather, it is mostly IxTx who do this, IxTj in particular.
    ExTj don't really do that, being Ti Ignoring and rather focusing on other things that are more productive, and not so much on the inherent logic of someone's statements.

Just look at heated Atheism debates online for example, they are full of LIIs (and some ILIs).

Now you are just being provocative. Seriously check out contraflow stackings.

Both ILI I was close to called people stupid/idiots, including me. I cried, in private, when I was younger. Later both told me they did not actually think I was stupid but they wanted me to "think" about things more, like my religious beliefs at the time. One was agnostic and the other atheist so I argued my beliefs passionately against them but usually felt frustrated at not being heard at all. I got better at it because of them and managed to win debates further along. It was not easy because arguing against Te is like hitting your head against a concrete wall.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Please read Introverted Feeling Type descriptions by Jung. Someone having a mad/choleric response to you, being passionate and revealing their emotional turmoil is not the usual Fi-dom person response. It's usually the opposite - someone being indifferent or turning away, acting politely while secretely judging you. They actually don't give the outward impression of wanting to affect or impress people.

It's usually the moralistic self-righteousness that distinguishes Fi egos from others, not simply having an opinion if someone's hair is ugly or if someone is a loser. ESI's for example often see people in white /black terms when it comes to (their own sense of) morality. "You cheated on him, so you must be a bad person and can't be trusted" etc. So that's the "walking on egg shells" feeling with them - like they are holding back their moral judgment of you and won't tell it truthfully in your face - so you never know where you stand with them. They're polite enough but you never know...is there a secret resentment from 5 years ago : D?

I'm pretty sure many people feel or felt like they walk on eggshells around Donald Trump or ****** and that doesn't make any of them Fi ego.
    Fi people can be choleric when they are rather neurotic and/or when they are an "emotionally reactive" Enneagram type like 6 or 4.
    Just being neurotic and having emotional turmoil doesn't make you unsuitable for an Fi lead typing. It's not that simple.

Fi people can be very self-righteous, or truly just voice their personal opinions and sentiments.
    Again, Enneagram types and personality traits outside Socionics (like Big 5) influence this.

And the last sentence pretty much proves and supports my point on how feeling like you walk around egg shells with a certain type doesn't mean they have your PoLR in their Ego.

P.S: You still haven't told me what makes me non Se valuing.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol at Cassandra "friends" who are the only ones who see the truth (well...her truth). The poll speaks for itself. Delusion of grandeur much.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

P.S: You still haven't told me what makes me non Se valuing.
    It would be a total waste of time to PM with you, since you never listen to anybody but yourself. So thank you but no.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    It would be a total waste of time to PM with you, since you never listen to anybody but yourself. So thank you but no.
    Then state it openly on here, I am not afraid.

And if it is really bad, you could still delete it anyway.

*********** 21-04-19:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast