Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maritsa, why do you think I'm ISTp/same as my mom?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Maritsa, why do you think I'm ISTp/same as my mom?

Hey, so you said we'd deal with this "later" but I don't feel like it. Let's deal with it now.

Why do you think I am ISTp and how can you think I am the same type as my ISTp mom even though you know our relationship based on what I've described?

Our reactions to things are VERY different.

So, go ahead, explain.

(I really want an explanation -- I'm not really trying to challenge you, more trying to understand.)
    SLI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I believe that you two are two subtypes.

The differences between you and your mom come from a lot of things like what she likes and what you like. Also SLI is a unique type of the Socionics spectrum because of their wonderful ability to not only adapt but to camouflage like none other. Therefore you could have as may SLI subtypes as there are SLI in the world.

I would like to look at it from IM functions if you will please participate and take the journey with me. I would appreciate it.

Fe- you don't come off as the kind of person who displays excitement and elevated emotions, at least not like EIE or ESE on the forum. Except for your sweet and polite manners, I don't see you using any icons or gestures to lift moods to draw attention to certain contraversial topics like EIE is known to do. You don't display over emotions, except for a smile, a hug, simple gestures. Ignoring perceived Fe stuff also makes you think that your BF displays it so naturally you internalize all of this frustration and are sad and locked down by it.

"Fe PoLR...' However, it becomes most prominent when they cannot properly organise the sensations, actions, and movements of their physical world. When this happens, they will feel hopelessness and extreme loss. '

You showed this yesterday.

Third spot...you don't rush others and you don't want to be rushed yourself...

"SLIs cannot stand being hurried and prodded by other people to do things faster. If there is a real reason to move faster, they want to be told the reason rather than be fed feelings of anxiety, which paralyses them rather than spurring them to action.

SLIs try to reject all feelings of anxiety and insecurity about the future and simply accept what is. They often entertain doubts and worries about what the future might bring, but they try to keep them to themselves and present a positive, optimistic facade. They appreciate people who are genuine optimists and are able to make provision for many different outcomes even as they enthusiastically pursue just a few opportunities (leading types)."

If you were ESE then Ni would be in your PoLR...but because both live in the moment that can be very confusing to type between them...

"ESEs prefer to focus on immediate tasks, taking things as they come, rather than try to evaluate whether or not the task at hand will be very important in the longer run. A common consequence of this is an inclination to get stuck with last-minute tasks that keep the ESE distracted from later appointments or tasks, leading to being late for those.

They generally have a poor sense of how long things will take, and what the best amount of time to spend on things is. Therefore it is difficult for ESEs to stay on schedule without extensive (even total) pre-planning. ESEs very often have very precise agendas to plan their professional and personal lives, and yet be somewhat late when actually going about them.

ESEs are more confortable narrating events or stories, or making a point, on a sequential basis - "this happened, and then this, and then that" - since they are not confident that others will connect the dots as to how one event leads to the other, since the ESEs do not feel confident when doing that themselves.

They perceive time in an undifferentiated manner: the past, present, and future are all perceived as being in or near the present. When talking about the future (especially one's longer-term plans), ESEs treat it as if it were accessible today and often they are not aware of all the developments that must happen first, and how long those can take."

The purple part is what you don't have about ESE, but you don't draw other's emotions out like ESE would, you instead observe and contemplate with Si.

I feel the Si, and I love it..well another topic.

Si for ISTp..
    "SLIs are naturally good at knowing what kinds of activities and stimuli will produce which sensations and physical states in themselves and the people around them. They are highly sensitive to sensations of internal discomfort and dissonance, or when someone or something is aesthetically out of place. They usually take quick action to remove the discomfort, dissonance, or misplacement so that things "feel right." They are attracted to material (concrete) objects which produce the "right" sensations and physical states, such as stereo systems which produce the best sounds or clothes that produce the best feelings either through their pleasant texture and ease of use or through their aesthetic appeal. They dislike it when others deny them of pleasurable material objects and can get quite possessive and territorial when claiming or re-claiming them.

SLIs are skilled at recognizing and remembering their own and others' internal physical states and at imagining how different things would affect that state. When analyzing the behavior of themselves and others, they focus on these physical states and see them as determining much of a person's actions. They prefer to keep their lifestyle and living space simple and to avoid excessive, gaudy possessions and excessively complex living habits and duties. SLIs encourage those they care about to take the time to experience pleasurable and soothing sensations, avoid getting caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and to listen to their bodies and their sincere inner desires. They can be concerned with their own health and those they know.

SLIs are drawn to situations which allow them to maximize these physical states and like to dwell on soothing, pleasurable sensations, or the enjoyment of physical motion. They often seek physical and manual involvement in work activities. SLIs prefer to get involved in business projects rather than sit back and let things happen on their own (weak Ni too). SLIs are adept at portraying excitement and disgust through their physical gestures."

Who wanted to get people together for some social time? YOU.
    With Si, you have shared several instances where you recognize your bf's internal state, and that is wonderful, so I guess we don't have any disputes there.

Let's focus on Ti...

"The ESE often feels like he wants to go in many different directions at once, and hence desperately needs someone to cut out all the irrelevancies and select the proper course of action, rather than providing even more "helpful" information that is of ambiguous relevance to the situation. The ESE will greatly admire people who can analyze everyday situations and put them in context, as well as introduce them to exciting new concepts or "research". The ESE wants his actions to make sense, but is almost always too caught up in his emotions to make very methodical, introspective, and impersonal judgments. If he cannot find a source of certainty, he may become insecure and unable to act rationally. The ESE loves to learn about new things, and is especially intrigued when the teacher appears confident and knowledgeable."

What in debth analysis of a situation is your LII bf giving you that you can share with us please?
    In fact, you being SLI are much better then he is at analysis...

"SLIs like to philosophize and analyze life, but they use logical categories situationally rather than searching for a single cohesive structure for understanding the world. There are always unknown variables and a whole realm of inner experience that they feel is hard to classify, but must simply be experienced for what it is.

SLIs at times may play skilfully with categories and formal logical arguments, but they do not usually take themselves too seriously for the above reasons."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-17-2010 at 05:53 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    So, go ahead, explain.
    I admire your open-mindedness, really.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except for saying that she doesn't blind people with Fe (and even examples you mention speak against Fe-PoLR), you give no reason for considering SLI. Where do you see Te, for one?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My question is Te, I would like to know how you use this function please.

Te is in Methods of doing things. One is much better at Te then the other.

My little sister is ESE and my best friend is SLI. My best friend is so Much better at Te, she shops and looks for the best price/quality for things. My sister only looks to be pleased with the object she can buy, never really looking at the price of an item she gets, at least, not as scrupulously as my SLI BFF.

SLI

"...focus on conveying accurate information rather than emotions. They like to take note of and emphasize the usefulness or uselessness of things and how well things or people achieve their intended goals. SLIs are often masters at getting the greatest return from the fewest possible actions.

SLIs place great emphasis on having high quality objects and people in the right places. They enjoy the process of analyzing and comparing different goods and services when making purchasing decisions and do not like to delegate this task to other people. They enjoy the process of assessing quality and functionality and finding the best price for the chosen option. They effectively and sparingly allot resources and discern between primary and secondary needs. They have a good sense for how much their work is worth and whether something is a good deal or not. They have little problem giving up work that brings too little return for the time and effort invested. They have no interest in careers in which they do not believe they are the best. SLIs recognize fairness and conscientiousness (or the lack thereof) in other people and try to avoid working with those who cannot be trusted to follow through.

The SLI's objective and creative motive is to find materials,localities, spaces, and actions that will engage and move the senses and produce proper sensations within people. The SLI is essentially "a person's person". However, SLIs are only keen on people from a distance, because people are objects varying in quality of nature. (They do take great pleasure in manipulating people's situational and spatial perceptions.) SLIs do not prefer doing much complicated analysis (subdued ) and rather enjoy the process of synthesising things they sense. They understand their entire world by identifying what causes pleasant and unpleasant reactions. When identifying these, the SLI feels a sense of power because this allows them to adapt and use objects (and people) as he or she feels need.
    "

ESE

"ESEs feel a need to appear efficient, productive and knowledgeable in their endeavours, as long as that does not conflict with priorities set up by their base function, extroverted ethics. For instance, they may end up defending a decision or action, even if it is not the most efficient, if it's the one they see as most desirable in order to achieve or maintain the emotional atmosphere they are aiming at (for instance, not be seen as hostile to a given person or group). They are able to participate in discussions involving exchange of factual information, or involving decisions as to the most efficient actions to take, for relatively short times; their inclination is to either try to lighten up the atmosphere if they see it becoming too heavy, or to become emotionally agitated, revealing their frustration. In such situations, if attempts by the ESE to lighten up an atmosphere they see as too "business-like" are met with factual counter-arguments, the ESE tends to perceive that as emotional hostility and react accordingly. "

You never react with hostility...
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the things you relate to would be true for both SLI and SEI. Like having trouble accurately estimating how much time things will take, and not liking being rushed.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Some of the things you relate to would be true for both SLI and SEI. Like having trouble accurately estimating how much time things will take, and not liking being rushed.
    Would you say that ESE rush? They always seem to be busy, because they try to look like Te, efficient.

And do you feel that she may be your dual? Because you are dualized and can get a good feeling for other SLI, when they are around.

I feel very much that she is my activity, because when she suggests doing something. I want to jump on the boat and even feel like adding more things for us to do.

I don't sense Se, in a negative way at all from her, but like I said, a lot of Si.

I VI-d Rubicon as ESE; in this thread you can see all of her Fe from just a few posts....

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-rubicone.html
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-17-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESEs do rush, but I don't think they like to be put on other peoples' timetables. This is a problem my ESE and SEI inlaws have with my EIE and LIE parents.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

this is ridiculous

you dont honestly think theres even a slight chance your SLI right

just no
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to point out something really interesting! Maritsa has also typed my ESE husband SLI through VI!! Coincidence? Perhaps not!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I feel like I relate to this as well. Big time.

The difference between myself and the SLI guy I knew though was that he was really great at being efficient in a practical sense, so he would finish things in a timely manner (much quicker than me). Obviously he was never rushed by me as being rushed and rushing people is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. If there was a need to get something done in a hurry, I would dig in and help out.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the OP, Maritsa has about 50% of us as ISTP, if she were to actually keep track of her typings and have the slightest bit of memory about who she talks to, she could confirm this. I'm jealous of the other 50% who aren't forced into this ISTP category, and at least they get to have the much more cooler typing of estj.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I want to point out something really interesting! Maritsa has also typed my ESE husband SLI through VI!! Coincidence? Perhaps not!
    How is your husband differ from you in Fe? How about other functions?
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    How is your husband differ from you in Fe? How about other functions?
    well, he's way more outwardly emotional than I am. Big emotional displays--sometimes I'm embarrassed. lol He's also very focused on Si. Likes the house cleaned up, cooks, is really into making sure people are comfortable, but kind of in an uptight way. He gets irritable when things aren't picked up right away. It's hard for him to relax (in general) but especially when the house is a mess. He can't enjoy himself until everything on his to-do list is finished. He values being able to fix things but cannot really do it himself and gets angry about it. I feel like he's Ti-seeking, always wanting me to do the research for whatever he needs and then give him the answers. He's got this male LII friend who is perfect for him! They get along fabulously well but it's taken some time for them to grow closer, like several years--this LII is so wonderfully geeky and computer-savvy. Also, he wants me to plan vacations and do all the organizing (which I hate). I dunno... I don't feel like going through all the functions right now but I really do think he's ESE.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

well, he's way more outwardly emotional than I am. Big emotional displays--sometimes I'm embarrassed. lol He's also very focused on Si. Likes the house cleaned up, cooks, is really into making sure people are comfortable, but kind of in an uptight way. He gets irritable when things aren't picked up right away. It's hard for him to relax (in general) but especially when the house is a mess. He can't enjoy himself until everything on his to-do list is finished. He values being able to fix things but cannot really do it himself and gets angry about it. I feel like he's Ti-seeking, always wanting me to do the research for whatever he needs and then give him the answers. He's got this male LII friend who is perfect for him! They get along fabulously well but it's taken some time for them to grow closer, like several years--this LII is so wonderfully geeky and computer-savvy. Also, he wants me to plan vacations and do all the organizing (which I hate). I dunno... I don't feel like going through all the functions right now but I really do think he's ESE.
    Sounds SLI; maybe I can get an ESE to write a little commentary to this. I asked Rubicon, who I typed as ESE, to provide her perspective on this post. We'll see how it aligns if at all.
    -

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds SLI; maybe I can get an ESE to write a little commentary to this. I asked Rubicon, who I typed as ESE, to provide her perspective on this post. We'll see how it aligns if at all.
    Eh sorry, but I'd rather not, Maritsa.. being that I'm not sure I'm ESE. :-p I don't think my perspective would be that relevant. Doesn't really sound like me at all though.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Eh sorry, but I'd rather not, Maritsa.. being that I'm not sure I'm ESE. :-p I don't think my perspective would be that relevant. Doesn't really sound like me at all though.
    Ok, I'm sorry to pull you into this.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    cause you're SEI, right?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cause you're SEI, right?
    I won't say it.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds a lot like my ESE mom, too.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Don't worry, it's all about the spine and forehead. She doesn't need to recall anything, just search for pictures.
    She recalls me (SLI) and my gf (IEE), though .
    So maritsa really is a spam robot. I would never have guessed the robot part. I first had assumed troll, but then realized she comes off much too deliberate, almost A.I.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol! I hope she won't get pissed off on us, but this is funny.
    I don't get that upset at SLI men like you.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well I can be self-deprecating even, the only reason I'm upset on someone is when he/she uses that to misrepresent my sayings or position.

In your case, I strictly separated your behavior from your opinions - I had separate justifications to oppose your VI hocus-pocus. So as long as I'm not trying to discard your opinions with this crap (behavior, ad-hominem, etc), I think I'm fair. I'm not sure whether this strict separation is visible, though, especially by a Fi type like you, who theoretically would take anything directed to it as the same unique support/attack.
    I am really very tired of dealing with your forum tennis. I think it would suit me fine, no matter what you said.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-18-2010 at 10:49 AM.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Jeez!
    That was a compliment. I deleted it out because I noticed I did not phrase it well.
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your reasoning is only as good as your logic in typing.
    Jeez!
    Looks like she's managed to edit in time again... lol.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, edited. Anyway, Maritsa I think you take things usually differently than my intentions. I'm focused on the ideas themselves, not the people or "our war game", except when they force me .
    Fine, you can start by looking at their language. What words they use to describe things rather then focusing on the picture the paragraph portrays of the individual.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez!
    LOL!! great smilie btw. . .
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm doing both on a per-case basis. I think that no matter of what words Malia would choose or what her spine betrays, she's an ESE by all the other means.

But accepting your criterion, "why" is not a word so often found in the SLI vocabulary (if at all), but when you read users like VixenDogFox, Fabelie, Brian and Energystar (sorry if I omitted other obvious ESE) you'll notice one thing in common: they why-why all the time .
    Brian is SEI?
    I don't know the types of the other people you wrote about.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa, how come you aren't responding to the issue of the way I get along with my mom?

Please discuss how identicals could have supervisory relations...
    I am here. The reason for that is the same reasons that I am trying to think of.

My friend and I are both EII; she is way more introverted then I am. She is not as social as I am or as open to people as I am; the question is relativity and neurosis. The more healthy you are the better representative of your type you become. I think your mom is very stressed and that is why she looks nothing like you. The stress may cause you to take up responsibilities where you feel like you have to be on top of her and her stuff and because of your stress also you deflect these behaviors on each other making it look supervisory. In reality, supervisory relations are very different and I will talk about how so.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

*shakes head* it isn't about responsibilities. It's about mental clashing... and she doesn't look "nothing like" me. There are some similarities. She's my mom, we use/value Si, we share lots of genes, etc., etc... But the way we arrive at things is different -- we are not identicals.
    Ok let's talk about supervisory relationships; with both supervision and benefit, the beneficiary and supervisee are under stress and need time away from the individual to restore mental energy that is lost in an unbalanced interaction. How often do you see or talk to your mom and do you avoid or ignor her? How long inbetween avoidance do you feel like you can talk to her again?
    -

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, my general impression from your discussion with Vixen is that you are not so much trying to come up with an accurate typing of her; rather, you are trying to force her personality into your conception of an SLI. You have the typing process backwards.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Maritsa, my general impression from your discussion with Vixen is that you are not so much trying to come up with an accurate typing of her; rather, you are trying to force her personality into your conception of an SLI. You have the typing process backwards.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Did you read about the relationship she posted?
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast