Thread: What's my friend's type?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my friend's type?

Trying to type a close friend of mine. . .

She is a lot like me, but I've noticed that she tends to be very concerned about making sure i'm physically comfortable, and comes off as sort of a caregiver. She also seems to use Fe a lot (a bit more than I think i do, but I guess i'm not always aware of using it), but that could be demonstrative Fe I suppose. She is also a great listener, better than me I think (even though I like to think of myself as a good listener too when people come to me with problems). She also has a very sharp sense of style and puts together very elegant outfits in no time, and mixes together various perfume scents that complement each other amazingly well (I am very weak with respect to these abilities). She is also very hospitable to any guests (not just me), knows how to welcome them, make them feel at home, etc.

In terms of how she is like me, both of us care a lot about each others' problems and spend time together confiding in one another on a one-on-one basis. We are both pretty good at empathizing and understanding what is going on psychologically, and giving advice the other finds very comforting and helpful.

So, the two possible typings i've come up with are SEI and IEE. In many ways she is so similar to me it seems like we're identicals. But in other ways, she seems to have good ability with Si, but she is definitely a feeling type (uses a lot of Fi/Fe), so not SLI or LSE or EII. Doesn't seem like Se is a big component of her behavior, so I dont think SEE. Maybe our close relationship and good understanding of each other is because we're semi-duals, hence SEI?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Trying to type a close friend of mine. . .

She is a lot like me, but I've noticed that she tends to be very concerned about making sure i'm physically comfortable, and comes off as sort of a caregiver. She also seems to use Fe a lot (a bit more than I think i do, but I guess i'm not always aware of using it), but that could be demonstrative Fe I suppose. She is also a great listener, better than me I think (even though I like to think of myself as a good listener too when people come to me with problems). She also has a very sharp sense of style and puts together very elegant outfits in no time, and mixes together various perfume scents that complement each other amazingly well (I am very weak with respect to these abilities). She is also very hospitable to any guests (not just me), knows how to welcome them, make them feel at home, etc.
    I do the bolded on a regular basis. I am not really a snappy dresser although I would love to be one, and I know nothing about perfume.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    This seems too general to make an opinion. What kind of advices uses she to offer you and the other way around? (if you can remember any, more specific)
    Sorry i forgot to check this thread for a couple days!

Well, I dont know if this would be helpful or not but I'd confided in this friend quite a bit about my huge crush on an SLI. She had a bad impression of SLI guy and thought he was not marriage or relationship material. There was this other guy whom we both knew. She had interacted with him more than i did and thought very highly of him. She thought this other guy was PRIME marriage material, the perfect family man, and a great guy. the few interactions I had with him I knew he was not my type and I'd had some negative feelings towards him about some wrong assumptions he'd made. So in the midst of my heavy crush on SLI guy, she was trying to make it her mission to set me up with this other guy, despite the fact that I kept telling her I'm not interested and he's not my type, etc. She kept bringing that up too, every time she saw him or whenever we'd hang out or talk on the phone. Finally, I had to kind of have some strong words (by text ) with her to end that once and for all. I did feel that I sort of hurt her feelings in doing so, actually.

hmm, funny, now that i'm writing this, I'm starting to feel that maybe she's ESE, my benefactor. Makes sense. HMMMM. And I think that guy was LII, which may have been why she liked him so much.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensor?