Thread: "He's Just Not That Into You"

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "He's Just Not That Into You"

Yes, I've read the book. Well, some parts of it. I'm interested to see how you guys would type the author and comedian Greg Behrendt. I had a very specific and immediate reaction to his approach in the book, for some reason. I can't say I've seen much of him outside of that, though.

So...type?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-ESTp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if this guy is actually estp, this is basically why i think estps can be effective counselors.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's not just the marriage thing. If somebody pressures you to change to be with them, they don't really love you. If it's true love, you will be inspired to change yourself- and you won't need much budging. And still it will be subtle improvements. The problem is that the media frequently gives an idealized image of how things really are. =/

My parents have such a good relationship, but they are duals so that makes sense...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if this guy is actually estp, this is basically why i think estps can be effective counselors.
    Of course. Sean counsels me all the time and his advice is very good. He tells me what to do in a kind of indirect fashion. I don't know how to explain it. It's not bossy though. Basically he makes me realize how my own psychological processes in my head are holding me back, they're useless. I can only accurately assess a situation via direct experience and action. The deeper meaning and thinking things through, I already do so well naturally- I Just kinda need somebody to view me as a pawn on a chess board. Even if it's their little game I'm playing, the fact that I'm 'in play' at all makes me slowly gain confidence.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Ti-ESTp
    Funny, this was exactly my impression, even while I was still self-typing as ENFp. And among many other things, it made me wonder why I was so naturally receptive to it. So many times I just feel like "someone, just make the head spinning stop!" and this is the sort of thing that does, at least for a while hehe. And then they have to remind me again.
    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    Exactly, which ties back to a recent thread created by Ezra about ESTps and relationship advice.

I think this very direct and being able to see through the bullshit approach is very useful and refreshing, at least to me since I tend to over analyze everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's not just the marriage thing. If somebody pressures you to change to be with them, they don't really love you. If it's true love, you will be inspired to change yourself- and you won't need much budging. And still it will be subtle improvements. The problem is that the media frequently gives an idealized image of how things really are. =/

My parents have such a good relationship, but they are duals so that makes sense...
    Out of curiosity...what are your parents' types?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Of course. Sean counsels me all the time and his advice is very good. He tells me what to do in a kind of indirect fashion. I don't know how to explain it. It's not bossy though. Basically he makes me realize how my own psychological processes in my head are holding me back, they're useless. I can only accurately assess a situation via direct experience and action. The deeper meaning and thinking things through, I already do so well naturally- I Just kinda need somebody to view me as a pawn on a chess board. Even if it's their little game I'm playing, the fact that I'm 'in play' at all makes me slowly gain confidence.
    I like this.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESFJ-Fe (Mom) and INTj-Ti (Dad)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like this.
    Yeah he's been able to help me better than anyone on here. Of course, I have to return the favor and give him , stimulate his imagination otherwise he gets lost in a kind of impulsive vortex, he 'acts just to act' - and loses direction himself.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE or SLE...certainly Se.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...