not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default micromanagement

Okay, I don't know if "micromanagement" is really the best word, but it's the best I've got.

Anyway, I was watching a little bit of home movie with my son from when I was 3 1/2 years old, and it really stood out to me how bossy I was, and how insistent I was that things go just so. I had twin brothers just over a year younger than me at the time, and they were both so affable towards my attempts to be the boss.

Like in one scene, one of my brothers is playing a drum, so I decide I am going to play the cymbals, and then I say that I want my other brother to play, too. So I get the shakers for him...then after we've played for several seconds, I decide it's time to switch, and I take the shakers from my brother and hand him the cymbals...then several seconds later, I take the drum from my other brother and hand him the shakers...

Maybe it was just the age I was at, and the fact that I was the eldest. But, idk...This tendency to want to be in control has really seemed to follow me throughout my life. Though, somewhat tempered by maturity and the realization of my strengths and weaknesses.

I am perfectly happy to let others do their own jobs without interference from me. But when it comes to something that is "my job," I get very possessive of that job.

Like washing the dishes, for instance-- it has to be done just so. I hate washing dishes at other people's houses, because then I have to do it their way. yk?

If you want something done right, do it yourself. What types tend to have this attitude? Or at least something akin to it?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Okay, I don't know if "micromanagement" is really the best word, but it's the best I've got.

Anyway, I was watching a little bit of home movie with my son from when I was 3 1/2 years old, and it really stood out to me how bossy I was, and how insistent I was that things go just so. I had twin brothers just over a year younger than me at the time, and they were both so affable towards my attempts to be the boss.

Like in one scene, one of my brothers is playing a drum, so I decide I am going to play the cymbals, and then I say that I want my other brother to play, too. So I get the shakers for him...then after we've played for several seconds, I decide it's time to switch, and I take the shakers from my brother and hand him the cymbals...then several seconds later, I take the drum from my other brother and hand him the shakers...

Maybe it was just the age I was at, and the fact that I was the eldest. But, idk...This tendency to want to be in control has really seemed to follow me throughout my life. Though, somewhat tempered by maturity and the realization of my strengths and weaknesses.

I am perfectly happy to let others do their own jobs without interference from me. But when it comes to something that is "my job," I get very possessive of that job.

Like washing the dishes, for instance-- it has to be done just so. I hate washing dishes at other people's houses, because then I have to do it their way. yk?

If you want something done right, do it yourself. What types tend to have this attitude? Or at least something akin to it?
    when i read this i see two things that might not be totally correlated - the bossiness, and the aversion to doing something in a way that feels like the "wrong" way. the latter is something that seems like Si to me, like you get into a physical flow of something that "feels right" and it "feels wrong" to do it differently. (or maybe this is somewhat universal?) the former, i'm not sure. maybe just a matter of being an extroverted 3 year old? i think bossiness tends to be mostly correlated to Se and Te, but i'm not sure how type-related it is.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    LSI

Creepy-male

i'm somewhat like that too

I get really antsy when people aren't performing "optimally", especially when I Personally know The Way it's Meant To Be Done. I've had to learn to loosen my grip on the reins a lot.

I also can't cope with other people messing up my work areas because physical clutter = mental clutter, then I just freeze.