Thread: SLEs/ESTps taking control in emergency and critical situations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLEs/ESTps taking control in emergency and critical situations

Okay...so, this is pretty phenomenal. Last night was my second time I was in a serious accident and I escaped unschathed.

1st. accident:
    about a yr ago, I was double-rear ended. A car hit a car that hit me. I walk away from the accident, and ended up writting the police report myself. It wasn't so bad, my friend had serious whip-lash, I dont know what happend to the other two cars, and my car had $2,000 worth of damage to the rear, but I walked away fine.

Last night:
    I was driving down the highway, a 4 lane, in "lane #1" also known as the passing lane or the speed lane. I was going only about 110-115 mph (the highway is 100mph), usually people drive about 120 or more in that lane, but the general flow of the traffic dictated that I should be a little slower. I notice a vehicle infront of me pull into the right lane really quickly cutting off someone. This occured on a bend, so I did not see why he pulled into the next lane. I soon found out, as I came slighly around the bend, I saw a mattress in the middle of the lane. A fucking queen sized mattress, just sitting there in the middle of my lane. I slowed down, checked to see if I could switch lanes, there was a car and a transport truck blocking me, and another car coming fast at me. My best course of action was to just giver and drive over the mattress. I did, put my four ways on, but now I was stuck on the bend, and i tried to push my car as far as I could but ppl behind me couldnt see me cuz of the bend. So i figured, I would push my car as far as I could forward to a straight part of the highway so people could see the car and hopefully switch lanes. Anywho, took about 2-3 VERY LONG minutes, to inch my car about 20 meters into a straight view and pull it over far left as I could to the concrete median. And after my car couldnt go any further, I just pulled over, I had my horn the whole time so ppl would at least hear me cuz they couldnt see. I got hit almost about 15 times by cars literally cms away. Then, one of the cars that almost hit me, stopped, I got out, and was like "dood can u stay there? He stayed, came out, we tried to cut the mattress ( i always carry a gerber knife in my car...just in case) so I called the cops before that, a cop arrived on the scene, in the mean time, this incident caused another 4 accidents by people just trying to avoid hittng me from the rear. I estimate anywhere between 13-16 cop cars, 3 fire trucks, 2 ambulances, from what I could just see. A tow truck lifted my car, the firefighters got the mattress untagled and removed from the highway. The entire highway was completely shut down for about 15 minutes. My car, didn't even get a scratch. Nothing was punctured, me and my friend were okay. The other accidents, all the cars were pretty mashed up, I think eveyone was ok, not sure tho. It was intense. They took us off the highway, I wrote a statement and drove home.

AGAIN, in a situation that I could have ended up dead...I walked away unscathed.

I find that in life or death situations, I have such an ability to react and do all the right shit and walk away from it. I do not freeze up, I just go into auto pilot and I'm highly aware of all the proper things to do. I was actually praised by the police officers and firefighters for everything that I did. There's more to the story than I wrote here, but it's way too fucking much as it is.

Any other ESTp, or betas for that matter find that in situations that most people would freeze up and panic, you just completely take control of the situation and find the outcome is favourable?

Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, glad you are ok!
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Wow, glad you are ok!
    yeah, seconded.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, glad you're ok.

my sis and i have that ability. we are both really *good* in crisis situations. we have a calm come over us and become very clearheaded and do what is necessary. we laugh about the fact that both our hubbys become like children in those situations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm the same, I get extremely focused and 'calm'. Looks like I need a good 'kick' to become clearheaded heh.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah glad you and your friend are ok.

i've wondered about which people handle these type of crises well. i mean some of it's just like an ultra huge shot of adrenalin that makes your senses crystallize or something. sort of like a lot of people temporarily become Se leading? hahaha but overall irrationals respond better than rationals to these type of emergent situations. i can think of perhaps 5 i've been through myself, unscathed. irrationality is so cool....

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitly find myself clearheaded and more a lert. It's amazing how acton oriented I become instead of freezing up. I love it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find in certain situations that are questionable, that I think (very quickly) about all the possible scenarios and the outcome of each...if it's not favourable for me, i try to rectify the situation, if my descision is contested then I become angry and try to justify my plan until its executed.

In life or death situations, I take complete control, it is not questionable or arguable. I have had no complaints yet.