Thread: Which dual pairs are most likely to get jealous?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which dual pairs are most likely to get jealous?

What dual pairs are most likely to be jealous? and why.

discuss.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SLEs are pretty infamous for this, though I don't think they're jealous as a rule by any means. Makes sense with weak Ne and Fi I guess.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think SLEs are pretty infamous for this, though I don't think they're jealous as a rule by any means. Makes sense with weak Ne and Fi I guess.
    Why with weak Ne?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak estimation of what is feasibly possible? *shrug*
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think jealousy has to do with duality. I don't think it's Socionics related, though I can see certain types more susceptible to it, or each quadra has their own way of going about jealousy. My NeTi best friend gets jealous whenever I'm spending too much other time with people because she thinks they could possibly be replacing her, but this could be because of weak self-confidence or and example of -PoLR. I don't think I really get jealous, I used to be envious when I was younger but grew out of it, but something tells me it was experience related.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is there a type that's not jealous?

I am "choke a bitch" jealous. Othello ain't got nuthin' on me.

But this is part of the fun until someone dies in a hotel closet hanging on a rope.
    Last edited by mu4; 08-28-2009 at 02:22 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually heard it more for LSI. I'm guessing:
    -Aristocratic>Democratic
    -Decisive>Judicious
    -Judging>Perceiving

Not necessarily in that order... that makes ILE/SEI the least jealous. Also, the Sensor would probably be more jealous in a given pair.

EDIT: Probably related to insecurity, so dominant might have a tendency for less jealousy. Also, sexual jealousy <> attention jealousy (which Alpha NTs would be more prone to).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I actually heard it more for LSI. I'm guessing:
    -Aristocratic>Democratic
    -Decisive>Judicious
    -Judging>Perceiving

Not necessarily in that order... that makes ILE/SEI the least jealous. Also, the Sensor would probably be more jealous in a given pair.

EDIT: Probably related to insecurity, so dominant might have a tendency for less jealousy. Also, sexual jealousy <> attention jealousy (which Alpha NTs would be more prone to).
    ILE/SEI aren't the least jealous imo, jealousy isn't bad, it's good to keep things interesting and to prove desire. If you don't get jealous, your partner might go for someone else thinking you aren't interested anymore.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I get jealous too, but of course I'm also really insecure.
    I can make you completely secure, honey.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3
    <3 back atcha.

... just don't hit my polr!
    I know what I need to do. :wink:
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*ahem* I'm taken!
    On behalf of this claim of acceptance that makes my heart feel genuinely honored, and as a sign of my gratitude, I am giving you a and sending you some .

Creepy-

I’ve seen an ISTj be jealous to a ridiculous extent over completely innocent situations. He was with a non-Fe-valuer at the time, so it may have had to do w his own weak intuition plus not receiving the Fe he needed to know everything was solid between him and the other person.

As for myself, I can get a bit jealous in certain situations… but I don’t really worry as long as I know that the bond I have w the person is solid and I can trust him, and as long as nothing truly suspicious is happening.

A story: I went out w a guy who would flirt w other girls in front of me just to get a reaction. I knew what he was doing, mentally wrote him off as immature, and ignored it while letting him act more and more ridiculous in his attempts to spark a reaction. Finally he got around to saying something like, “Don’t you care?” At which point I told him that I would have cared if the flirting had been anything more than a pathetic attempt to elicit a reaction. And that was our last date, lol.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're only jealous of strengths you wish you could be good at but can't be good at. so anybody who's strong in your superego block you might be jealous of.

2 statics=more jealousy prone
    2 dynamics=more jealousy prone

i don't think duals would be that jealous of each other. i think duals are admiring of each other and not jealous since they get side benefit from the dual's strengths. plus duals are one static and one dynamic so they're not competitive.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    you're only jealous of strengths you wish you could be good at but can't be good at. so anybody who's strong in your superego block you might be jealous of.

2 statics=more jealousy prone
    2 dynamics=more jealousy prone

i don't think duals would be that jealous of each other. i think duals are admiring of each other and not jealous since they get side benefit from the dual's strengths. plus duals are one static and one dynamic so they're not competitive.
    I think you're describing "envy" rather than jealousy?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jeal⋅ous⋅y  /ˈdʒɛləsi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [jel-uh-see] Show IPA

Use jealousy in a Sentence

See web results for jealousy

See images of jealousy

–noun, plural -ous⋅ies for 4. 1.jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.2.mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.3.vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.4.a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

en⋅vy  /ˈɛnvi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [en-vee] Show IPA noun, plural -vies, verb, -vied, -vy⋅ing.

Use envy in a Sentence

See web results for envy

See images of envy

–noun 1.a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc.2.an object of envious feeling: Her intelligence made her the envy of her classmates. 3.Obsolete. ill will.
    –verb (used with object) 4.to regard with envy; be envious of: He envies her the position she has achieved in her profession.
    –verb (used without object) 5.Obsolete. to be affected with envy.

Origin:
    1250–1300; (n.) ME envie < OF < L invidia, equiv. to invid(us) envious (deriv. of invidēre to envy; see invidious ) + -ia -y3 ; (v.) ME envien < OF envier < ML invidiāre, deriv. of L invidia

Synonyms:
    enviousness. Envy and jealousy are very close in meaning. Envy denotes a longing to possess something awarded to or achieved by another: to feel envy when a friend inherits a fortune. Jealousy, on the other hand, denotes a feeling of resentment that another has gained something that one more rightfully deserves: to feel jealousy when a coworker receives a promotion. Jealousy also refers to anguish caused by fear of unfaithfulness.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this was jealous as in not wanting your guy to be around other women? Not as in jealous of them and what they can do? As far as that goes, no I'm not jealous of my husband at all. I don't even know how I could be. I am not particularly jealous in the other way either, though I think we both are a little. It's more something we tease each other with than something serious. "Why weren't you home? Where were you all day?" "I was with my girlfriend. Sorry I couldn't get back earlier." "Ha. Ha."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Blaze: lol, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I thought this was jealous as in not wanting your guy to be around other women? Not as in jealous of them and what they can do? As far as that goes, no I'm not jealous of my husband at all. I don't even know how I could be. I am not particularly jealous in the other way either, though I think we both are a little. It's more something we tease each other with than something serious. "Why weren't you home? Where were you all day?" "I was with my girlfriend. Sorry I couldn't get back earlier." "Ha. Ha."
    Hmm, could "not being jealous" also be caused by unconsciencely not believing that your partner might find someone else? (because of looks, personality, etc). Not saying it's your particular case, your post just inspired my thought .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, that was what I meant.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    @Blaze: lol, ok.

Hmm, could "not being jealous" also be caused by unconsciencely not believing that your partner might find someone else? (because of looks, personality, etc). Not saying it's your particular case, your post just inspired my thought .
    Well, we aren't getting any younger. LOL. But even middle aged people beyond their prime get hit on - the only difference from when you're young is that at this point it's by other middle aged people beyond their prime. I get hit on by single dads all the time, because I'm not into jewelry and haven't worn my wedding ring for a long time. Really, I know he won't cheat just because I know him and know he won't.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we aren't getting any younger. LOL. But even middle aged people beyond their prime get hit on - the only difference from when you're young is that at this point it's by other middle aged people beyond their prime. I get hit on by single dads all the time, because I'm not into jewelry and haven't worn my wedding ring for a long time. Really, I know he won't cheat just because I know him and know he won't.
    yes.

and I feel the same about my husband. it's like he's just not the type.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. Really, I wasn't saying it was your case, I'm just posing the question in general. Should have put like a -Section Break-. Hey, there are guys who are into older women .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a pretty jealous person. Possessive too. Much more so than I would tolerate in a partner.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I'm a pretty jealous person. Possessive too. Much more so than I would tolerate in a partner.
    Actually, idk. This is how I used to be, at least. I don't think I necessarily am now though.
    SEE

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Also S>N, which can't be deduced from those inequalities, EIE has the same.
    Imo LSI is the most jealous, too.
    I left that out because this was about dual pairs, rather than individual types.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some EIE/LSI pairs may actually see jealousy as a beneficial thing in their relationship... something to make it more exciting.
    SEE

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, I meant that I was previously attached! forgive me :tongue: I appreciate it nevertheless!
    Aww, poor every other dude but that guy. :tongue:
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, I meant that I was previously attached! forgive me :tongue: I appreciate it nevertheless!
    You are forgiven, my dear. It was absolutely my fault for assuming something that my heart has spoken for. I wish you well. Should you ever change your mind or things go wrong, I will be at your full service.

Sincerely,
    Your first missed opportunity

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    My LSI friend makes a point of saying that he wouldn't be jealous if his girlfriend slept around, provided that he could do the same. I've never seen her do anything to provoke him though, and she's not EIE, so that'd probably change things.
    That comes as a surprise to me, do you know what enneagram type he is?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure, he's Ti-subtype though. Maybe a 7 or 8? I don't know much about enneagram theory and I don't pretend to. It's a rather long-term relationship and he sometimes gives the impression that he feels too committed, too early. I think she's ESE or SEE, if that helps.
    Oh ok, the only reason why I ask is because I can't even imagine an Unhealthy LSI E-1 to be able to proclaim promiscuity for their partner. but the 7 and 8 are much more different in the dating scene, and much more open in relationship if you can put it that way. because I can't say for sure sure that your what LSI friend claim about him being ok with her cheating is necessary bad, but instead more open about it, and sometimes I think it can even be good and healthy. if the two of them approach it that way.

BTW if she is ESE, and SEE that would make more sense, If shes is an ENFj that will open my eyes a little bit wider. and even more so with ENFj-Fe, the intuitive subtype can oddly blend in to that situation.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow. I never used to get jealous at all. I'm so insecure these days, lol. Guess it's not type related, it's about confidence.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure, he's Ti-subtype though. Maybe a 7 or 8? I don't know much about enneagram theory and I don't pretend to. It's a rather long-term relationship and he sometimes gives the impression that he feels too committed, too early. I think she's ESE or SEE, if that helps.
    I think if you really cared about someone, you'd mind if they fucked other people...

Actually I agree about the flirting thing, and I mean if this SLE guy I liked fucked other girls, he probably does, I wouldn't care. But I'd care if I could see he was really emotionally invested in them, more than me.

But we aren't in a relationship. If we were, I wouldn't understand why he needed to fuck other girls, and if he did then I wouldn't bother being with him.

Do you think he really cares about his girl?
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.