Thread: -

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 02:13 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok....link still down
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you've got all your formulas correct in this, because the results look pretty good

Answers:
    0.50 1.00
    1.00 2.00
    1.00 1.00
    1.00 1.00
    0.50 1.00
    1.00 1.00
    2.00 1.00
    2.00 1.00

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the function definitions are highly inadequate.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    the function definitions are highly inadequate.
    Yes. The other problem is that if you are even remotely aware of the functions and types, it is a piece of cake to put in the variables that allow you to achieve the desired result.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    The other problem is that if you are even remotely aware of the functions and types, it is a piece of cake to put in the variables that allow you to achieve the desired result.
    This has been true of all of his tests, especially considering he usually states the function/type next to the space where you enter your answers. Though this isn't really a problem if it will be used on people who aren't familiar with socionics

Actually in the previous thread, I expressed a similar opinion:

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere
    I don't think I should do that one because my understanding of the functions is not up to scratch, and plus if I could answer that test I could just figure out my type for myself
    yes, but what you did not realize till now is that spreadsheets like this are actually better capable of outputting your type than your brain, unless you are Kasparov. this stuff is also done sensibly. do you think that you would be ok performing all these calculations in your head lol?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got overwhelmingly alpha (ENTp>INTj).

on the graph it said around 650000 for ENTp, 280000 INTj, 100000 INTp, 80000 ENFp, 50000 ENTj, 25000 INFj, 25000 INFp, 10000 ENFj, followed by 0 or near 0 for all other types.

i have no idea how these numbers worked out with the answers i gave. i think the Te/Ti definitions need work. i did rate Ne/Ni equally in how you defined them. i guess in the way you defined Te/Ti, i would prefer Ti. it's not as if i'm really into "deeds and working," but i do like reasoning about notions and concepts.

funny deeds. who doesn't like and perhaps feel they are wise in a funny deed now and then? there are different styles of funny deeds.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    what did you get please?
    i got LSI. i don't remember what the results were and i didn't save them and i'm not going to do it again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    bullshit.
    bullshit.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

confidence, leadership, assetiveness, demands, will power, determination, control 2.00 2.00 1.00 comfort, relaxation, pleasure, comfortable environments, health 0.00 1.00 1.00 idea generation, possibilities, insights 2.00 2.00 1.00 predictions, spotting recurrences of things in time, imagining 3.00 3.00 1.00 steps, facts, happennings, deeds, working, what works > obeying rules 2.00 2.00 1.00 laws, rules, reasoning about notions and concepts 2.00 1.00 2.00 laughter, funny deeds, mood, emotional energy charge, hooting 1.00 1.00 1.00 attitude, private feelings, morality, etiquette, relationships 3.00 3.00 1.00
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know dee, maybe you should see about teaming up with Hugo. He's got some good "mindset" descriptions (and some that need tweaking) for each type that could be useful for testing purposes. I don't know if he'd be interested or not though.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was. I'll PM you.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dee, how do i post the graphs?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

screen shot program and photobucket
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very similar in content to some of hugo's older tests.

"comfort, relaxation, pleasure, comfortable environments, health" - phrased this way, who wouldn't want that? A lot of people think that because Gammas and Betas don't have Si as a quadra value, that means that these quadras would like to be sick and uncomfortable.

"idea generation, possibilities, insights" - This is standard stuff, but it actually could refer to both Ne and Ni

"predictions, spotting recurrences of things in time, imagining" - This is also standard stuff, but when Rick talked about what he looks for regarding Ni, it's not really about whether the person is making all sorts of predictions.

"steps, facts, happenings, deeds, working, what works > obeying rules" - Happenings doesn't belong in this list...that could be any extraverted function. Deeds could be Se also. Obeying rules doesn't fit either.

"laws, rules, reasoning about notions and concepts" - The notions and concepts part seems perhaps slanted towards Ti blocked with Ne.

"attitude, private feelings, morality, etiquette, relationships" - Attitude could also be seen as an Fe thing too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on second thought, i don't think there's a point to posting the results. the revised version you made still gave me overwhelmingly alpha NT.

what is "i am wise about..." "how much of a positive thing it is for me..." and "how much of a negative thing it is for me..." really supposed to mean? i think i know what you are getting at with these prompts, but it's confusing.

for example: "comfort, relaxation, pleasure, comfortable environments, health..."

am i wise about it? i sort of know what i should do to achieve these things. doesn't mean i necessarily do it though.

is it a positive thing for me? in the sense that these things would be desirable to me, yes.

is it a negative thing for me? if you mean do i have difficulty achieving these ends, yes, often. but i mean, of course these things are to be desired, so i'm not even sure how to answer these questions.

i had trouble with all the questions because of similar ambiguity.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your test says I'm a chocolate donut.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I can't post the stats right now. But the result was not quite what the last test gave. This time it was Gamma > Delta > Beta > Alpha and INTp > ENTj > ENFp > INFp > ENTp > INTj.

What was common with the previous test was that the winner was NT-type. And all NTs seem to be pretty high. Should I now revert my claim about the impossibility of me being INTp

About the concept, I liked the previous concept more as it talked about ego-blocks and not about individual functions. It made a difference e.g. between Te in TeSi and TeNi. I think that was a better way. Or at least more fresh as tests based on individual functions have been done to death. Even I have tried to construct one in the past.

The general format of the test is still rather likable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3,00 0,00 2,00
    3,00 3,00 0,00
    3,00 0,00 0,00
    1,00 0,00 0,00
    3,00 2,00 0,00
    1,00 1,00 2,00
    0,00 0,00 3,00
    0,00 0,00 3,00