Thread: Introverted cycle

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introverted cycle

Augusta introduces (here) the extroverted elements as elements of a process:

Ne: potential energy
    Fe: conversion of potential energy into kinetic energy
    Se: kinetic energy
    Te: use of kinetic energy

Her introduction of the introverted ones is not exactly parallel, so I've created my own:

Ti: subjective measurement/judgment of physical relations (distances, etc.)
    Ni: subsequent prediction of the evolution of relations
    Fi: subjective assessment of relations (and their evolution)
    Si: subsequent adjustment of relations

Example: You read a barometer, predict that a tornado is forming, determine that tornado = bad, and relocate to the basement for protection.

From a metasocionic viewpoint, this analogy is vaguely based in sensing, even though it considers all the elements equally. It needs a bit of tweaking and isn't nearly as catchy as Augusta's formulation, but I think it is generally on the mark. Note also how this process (literally, in a sense) complements the other one, progressing through the Questioner types of the quadras: Ne/Ti, Fe/Ni, Se/Fi, Te/Si. Perhaps there is another set for Declarers?
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-24-2007 at 08:01 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your thread thehotelambush...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your thread thehotelambush...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? Have the zombies finally gotten to McNew?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Her introduction of the introverted ones is not exactly parallel, so I've created my own:...

Example: You read a barometer, predict that a tornado is forming, determine that tornado = bad, and relocate to the basement for protection.
    It's an interesting idea. But maybe the following:

You know that barometer readings are related to tornado threats.
    You sense that a tornado is probably forming.
    The thought of being sucked up by a tornado bugs you.
    You feel more comfortable in the basement.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that's it. What I wrote was probably a bit over-simplified.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point was to move the whole process inside the psyche. Your first version still made it seem like a lot of action was taking place.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well as I have said before, there is a difference between how I/E and J/P functions work. Each type of function occupies a certain space of a persons thought(whether it be conscious or unconscious). Every person has to have both a Extraverted and Introverted Judging function and Extraverted and Introverted Perceiving function in each block.

Now, the way I look at the judging function is that they are the process, they are the thought of every person. Everything that a person thinks is the introverted judging function at work. For example, INTjs, ESTjs, ISTps, and ENTps analyze; INFjs, ESFjs, ISFps, and ENFps look at the positives with things; ISTjs ESTps, ENTjs, and INTps use common sense; ISFjs ESFps, INFps, and ENFjs are flaw finding(oh wow, I just came to a conclusion about the Feeling functions... ill make another thread).

Now extraverted processes are the manner in which introverted processes work(how they show themselves). For example INTjs ESTjs ISTps and ENTps analyze in an organized put together way. They unsystemize societies and rule based systems in an organized economical manner. You can do the other types yourself.

Now the introverted perceiving function is the goal orientation of the self. Take -Ni for example. -Ni wants to see itself as original, creative, novelty seeking like. +Ni wants to see itself as normal, fitting in, and reproducing tendancies. This means that ENTjs, INTps, ESTjs, and ISTps like habit.

The extraverted perceiving function is basically how you want to look at the world. +Ne for example looks at the world in a relative manner. -Ne looks at the world in a absolutistic, spiritual manner.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    My point was to move the whole process inside the psyche. Your first version still made it seem like a lot of action was taking place.
    Yes, I suppose so.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many people simply buy the items they need at the price they are given. It's a very sad state of affairs, when the game is really open to all, you don't need an invitation. And it is a game, the game of bargaining, to be played seriously and, I hasten to add, politely. In Elsweyr, it is common for the shop-owner to offer the prospective buyer tea or sweetmeats and engage in polite conversation before commencing the business. This eminently civilized tradition has a practical purpose, allowing the buyer to observe the wares for sale. It is considered impolite not to accept, though it does not imply obligation on the part of the buyer.
    Whether this particular custom is part of the culture or not, it's wise for the buyer and seller to greet one another with smiles and warm salutations, like gladiators honoring one another before the battle.
    Bargaining is expected all over Tamriel, but the game can be broken if one's offer is so preposterously low that it insults the shop-keeper. If you are offered something for ten gold pieces, try offering six and see where that takes you.
    Do not look like you're very interested, but do not mock the quality of the goods, even if they deserve it. Much better to admire the quality of workmanship, but comment that, regretfully, you simply cannot afford such a price. When the shop-keeper compliments your taste, smile, but try to resist the flattery.
    A lot of the game depends on recognizing the types of shop-keepers and not automatically assuming that the rural merchant is ignorant and easily fooled, or the rapacious city merchant is selling shoddy merchandise. Caravans, it should be mentioned, are always good places to go to buy or trade.
    Knowing what you're buying and from whom is a talent bought only after years of practice. Know the specialties of certain regions and merchants before you even step foot in a shop. Recognize too the prejudices of the region. In Morrowind where I hail from, for example, Argonians are viewed with a certain amount of suspicion. Don't be surprised or insulted if the shopkeepers follow you around the shop, assuming you're going to steal something. Similarly, Nords, Bretons, and Cyrodiils are sometimes treated coolly by merchants in the Summurset Isles. Of course, I don't know any shopkeepers anywhere, no matter their open-mindedness, who aren't alerted when a Khajiit or a Bosmer enters their shop. Even Khajiiti and Bosmeri shopkeepers.
    If you see something you really like or need, buy it then and there at the best price you can get. I cannot tell you how many times I passed up a rare and interesting relic, assuming that I could find it elsewhere in the region, perhaps at a larger town at a better price. Too late, I discovered I was wrong, and when I returned to the shop weeks later, the item I wanted was gone. Better to get a great purchase at a decent price and discover it again at a worse price than to miss out on your opportunities for ownership. Occasionally impulsiveness is the best buying strategy.
    Sense the moves of the game, and everyone can win.