Thread: A question about Ti

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A question about Ti

Quick question, and hopefully one that hasn't been posted about before, but:
    What exactly about is appealing to Fe-egos? It seems like a pretty dull and useless function in a social environment.

That being said, I do believe myself to be a INTj, so please don't attack me for insulting your (Ti-)ego
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by katashideus View Post
    What exactly about is appealing to Fe-egos? It seems like a pretty dull and useless function in a social environment.
    By analogy your question is somewhat like asking,

"How exactly are chameleons good marine predators? They don't seem to have any adaptations for underwater hunting or survival."

Ti is appealing for Fe egos because it easily makes sense of things that make our heads hurt, pretty much. And other stuff.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Ti DS and HA types tend to be quite mentally scattered and haven't really got much formulation of their ideas. As an LII you should know that intellectually speaking, you're the most together mofo a type could be. An ESE really digs that.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESEs tend to decide things based on what they're feeling -- they respond to things emotionally, and then act on that emotion. They are constantly being pulled in multiple directions by waves of emotion, and they wind up being extremely busy with no time to sit down and really think about which things are logically important and necessary, and which are not. LIIs help by logically sorting and prioritizing things, and having a solid grounding by which to understand the world.

Basically, if the ESE is a ship tossed about in the emotional storm, then the LII is a solid rock of logic to which they can anchor themselves.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe creatives like the flexible logic of Ti as a path towards understanding the thoughts and ideas they have. they also like the assistance with organizing Te type stuff into systems that make it easier for them to get stuff done efficiently. the Fe-Ti repartee is pretty fun for both ego types.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti for me is primarily a means of organizing information for easier digestion. Like, if I don't understand a concept, Ti takes it and breaks it down into manageable steps. Also, it's a great way of dealing with new information and making decisions. Like, instead of always obsessing over how things will make other people feel, Ti let's you make some decisions absolutely categorically, and since it's an absolute, objective thing, you don't have to feel bad.

Also, I just prefer information organized and shaped right, you know? So yeah, that's the story with Dick Gordon.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mind of an EIE is like a giant F5 tornado carrying all of the parts needed to create a skyscraper.

The mind of an LSI contains the blueprints to that skyscraper, as well as a rock-solid foundation that will resist the winds of the tornado until it calms down enough so that the parts can be gathered and assembled.