Thread: Question about LIE-ESI Duality

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Question about LIE-ESI Duality

What happens if the LIE is not rich enough to meet the ESI's spending needs?

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Depends on the ESI
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Then the esi pimps him out for extra cash.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    It's how you afford all those paper towels?

POOR ADAM ;_;
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    LOL beneath the joke, this was a serious question.

More than any other dyad I get the feeling that this one is unusually competitive socially and quite business-oriented, thus the partners view each other in a very transactional way. "I am with you because you can give me something I want." This desire to acquire isn't necessarily a material thing, of course. From what I have seen ESI and SEE both have a tendency to consider men as attractive trophies, something to capture/hoard and then show off to other women.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have an ILI lawyer friend whose wife is ESI-Se, and he told me he thought they had agreed to a budget, but then he got a credit card statement for like $11k. He confronted his wife and asked her what she spent it on, and she had no idea.

I asked, "No Beany Babies in the basement?"

He said "SHE HAS NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT SHE BOUGHT WITH THAT MONEY! SHE HAS NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!"

I think that was the point where their marriage might have felt a draft from the wings of the Angel of Death.

She's working extra hours now and has a debit card.

https://i.imgur.com/C0frvnm.jpg

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gotta keep your ESI on a short leash.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So the female ESI-Fi's that I know tend towards frugality. So do the ESI-Se's, if they don't have cash readily available. But if the ESI-Se's have access to cash, it seems to fly out of their hands.

These are generalizations based on a very small sample size, though.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post

More than any other dyad I get the feeling that this one is unusually competitive socially and quite business-oriented, thus the partners view each other in a very transactional way. "I am with you because you can give me something I want." This desire to acquire isn't necessarily a material thing, of course. From what I have seen ESI and SEE both have a tendency to consider men as attractive trophies, something to capture/hoard and then show off to other women.
    I dunno, maybe I'm not esi but I'm pretty disgusted by all of that. I think I remember reading ESIs are good at making do with less. It's true for me, anyway.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Then they part company and the ESI's end up with ILI's, LSI's, SLI's, or IEI's who don't let them spend so much. Or who force them to fall back on their own resources.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is hard to maintain an intimate relationship which is purely transactional. Sooner or later, one of the participants inevitably feels they are getting screwed, and the price they are getting for this is not sufficient compensation.

This is why it's better to share values and common purposes (dreams).
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-28-2017 at 12:04 AM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The truth is, Gammas in general don't really care about money that much. There are other things that more important. You know, etc...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If people love each other they'll take the situation as the main their goal is to live together, to share one life - despite problems they'll have there. Also they will try to do anything they need to improve it if they think it's not acceptable.
    Generally, almost all people have a possibility to live on average level. If some ESI wants more - either she'll reduce the wishes, or will help and inspire to make bigger income. What ESI will not do - will break relations just because she wants more money, it's not base Ni types (having Se suggestive) which could think like "no money" = "you don't love me".

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    Gammas in general don't really care about money that much.
    money, property - Se value
    Se types are more tolerate if a man has lesser income than they'd want, while Ni types are more hungry to this

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    So the female ESI-Fi's that I know tend towards frugality. <...> But if the ESI-Se's have access to cash, it seems to fly out of their hands.
    I don't admit with subtypes. In other I'm close to you.
    Se types are frugal when they have no enough money. When there are a lot of them - they are not so frugal.
    Se types like good and _expensive_ things, but have mind and will to behave like adults in this region.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

ESI has feelings too, I don't think they view the partner just in a transactional way

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    ESI has feelings too, I don't think they view the partner just in a transactional way
    Good. I don't want a gold digger.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good. I don't want a gold digger.
    then dont take one lol. and if she has a money burning hole in her pocket thats her problem. its still your money and you decisions. if shes like if you dont spend blabla amount of money on me ill leave you then she can fuck right off right? i dont see the problem here

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It often happens that ESI is rich enough to take care of an LIE.

Strong sensing function is also reflected in ESI's disposition to be industrious and practically active: ESI is hard-working, energetic, fastidious, fair and conscientious – all of this is especially noticeable within her family. She generally provides for and keeps many products, arranges for additional storage units (i.e. a garage, a shed, etc). She is careful and assiduous with her resources and money and replenishes them in a timely manner. She is sensitive towards wastefulness and tries to minimize it, to put everything to use, whether it is pieces of floor panels or food leftovers.

Such thriftiness allows her, from an early age, to save up the financial means to attain and supply for her self-sufficient existence in life, and even acquire things that symbolize prosperity – a car, a condominium, a country house, etc. She obtains everything through honest hard labor, her innate resourcefulness and scrupulous economy, and not by reckless enterprises or machinations, that often contradict her ethical directives. - ISFj portrait by Filatova

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A few years ago it was the IEI who was the gold digger of the socion. When did it become the ESI?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptitron View Post
    A few years ago it was the IEI who was the gold digger of the socion. When did it become the ESI?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    It often happens that ESI is rich enough to take care of an LIE.
    Yeah...what I've often seen is that LIEs are good at earning money but I haven't met a LIE who is really inclined towards saving money.
    In any case the LIEs or ILIs would be the ones taking care of "reckless enterprises and machinations" as described by Filatova.

Generally speaking sensing types are better at making and keeping money than intuitive types, everything else being equal.

@ thread starter, I have seen a lot of variation among ESIs, some are completely clueless when it comes to money, some count every penny, it's hard to find a common rule.
    Last edited by FDG; 10-03-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah...what I've often seen is that LIEs are good at earning money but I haven't met a LIE who is really inclined towards saving money.
    In any case the LIEs or ILIs would be the ones taking care of "reckless enterprises and machinations" as described by Filatova.

Generally speaking sensing types are better at making and keeping money than intuitive types, everything else being equal.

@ thread starter, I have seen a lot of variation among ESIs, some are completely clueless when it comes to money, some count every penny, it's hard to find a common rule.
    Why should we save when we can just get more? Lol.

Actually, there's a lot of truth in what you said, @FDG. I've never been much of a saver, and I don't know any LIE's who are. If we eventually end up with assets, it is because we got lucky with investments (or with something we bought because we thought it was a good idea at the time, which appreciated in value).

I've spent tons of money on stuff that didn't appreciate.
    I actually think this might be a big part of why my saver SLI ex wanted a divorce (...so she could get what she could, while she could. She didn't expect my earnings to increase the way they did after the divorce. Poor Ni on her part, perhaps. Or poor estimation of her Supervisee.)

My directed savings didn't start until I met an ILI tax guy who told me I needed to save some money for retirement and doing so will reduce my taxes. Which I saw as being a more efficient use of the money than giving it back to the government.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a bit complicated, for example I know a ILI-Te, ESI-Se couple. They're parents of an ESI childhood friend of mine. The ILI-Te owns / runs a company, the ESI-Se worked in a bank her whole life - the ILI husband paid for everything until he was 58, the he suddenly decided he had spent enough money on family issues, and wanted to buy a huge mansion on debt. The ESI-Se "lent" him all her savings on a whim...(something like 400k €...).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's a bit complicated, for example I know a ILI-Te, ESI-Se couple. They're parents of an ESI childhood friend of mine. The ILI-Te owns / runs a company, the ESI-Se worked in a bank her whole life - the ILI husband paid for everything until he was 58, the he suddenly decided he had spent enough money on family issues, and wanted to buy a huge mansion on debt. The ESI-Se "lent" him all her savings on a whim...(something like 400k €...).
    I hope they kept enough money to hire someone to come in and clean every once in a while.

A mansion could be a good or bad investment, depending on how it appreciates compared to other investments. Here in Ann Arbor, property goes up about 6-8%/year, and has been doing so for decades. I can't believe how much my property is valued now. The disadvantage of this is that I live in a very expensive shoebox. But I don't have to sell it to realize the gains. I can borrow against it at 4-5%%, so "owning" property in this market is a no-brainer. I just wish I'd had the foresight to max out my debt and buy a bigger house twenty years ago.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-03-2017 at 09:04 PM.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    then dont take one lol. and if she has a money burning hole in her pocket thats her problem. its still your money and you decisions. if shes like if you dont spend blabla amount of money on me ill leave you then she can fuck right off right? i dont see the problem here
    Personality before marriage does not necessarily equal personality after marriage

But yeah, in general I agree with the comments above that ESI is hardly the gold digger of the socion. At least, the SX first ESI women I have met in real life have tended to idealize romance. They apply their moral code towards intimate relations. Thou shalt not spill your seed or the wrath of Fi will come down upon you, for you belong to me and only me.

I don't think any type is more possessive than ESI actually.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 10-04-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personality before marriage =/= personality after marriage
    yeah thats why u dont marry