Thread: Do you hate your opposing quadra?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you hate your opposing quadra?

I mean beyond the blame-phase of identifying "what's wrong with those people that bother me so much?" I've been finding (well, it helps that I'm not sure which one is my opposing quadra) that it really does seem less and less likely over time for me to possibly even dislike my opposing quadra (whichever it is). I think that I sort of view quadra values as a positive thing in terms of positive in knowing oneself in a different/new/or certain kind of way... to reaffirm what might really be important to me, basically. And plus, I mean it's obvious, but the longer one even dwells on socionics the more diversity it starts being fleshed out with. I think that I might come to view my opposing quadra as "fascinating, but it might be more difficult to communicate with them." I actually tried on disliking different quadras at different times just to see if some sort of deep dislike would resonate to tell me something important, but alas, I think that failed. The truth is that there is far too much diversity within each quadra for it to even matter... which of course is just like everything else and just like any other categories of things and why on earth do we have to make all these categories just to follow them and reach the same obvious realization in the end that we knew even when we began but out of our human lameness we had to pursue it anyway. I feel largely apathetic about all four quadras.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I may hate some of the behavior that the members in my opposing quadra display but I don't hate them as people.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, while my opposing Quadra may be annoying or even aggravating at times, I actually feel more of a kinship with them than with the other two Quadras. I think it has something to do with the clubs, and the fact that the blocks are all the same, we just value different ones.

I may sometimes consider the things an ENTj thinks are important to be pointless, but at least I understand how he thinks. STs and NFs have such a different thought process that they sometimes seem like a whole different species.
    Quaero Veritas.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hate them, I just feel no connection with them. No spirit, none of the same idealism, or hope w/e. Gamma is like a dirty rag concealing a knife. I don't like to get close and I really have no reason to.

But thats in the abstract sense. In individual circumstances I am just put off somewhat (as a general vibe).
    The end is nigh

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. I sometimes hate the sort of things they bring into society, and I especially dislike it when delta-ish values are in a ruling position over me, but as individual people, not at all. Many delta NFs are great for long-to-midrange "psychological distance" friends.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I actually feel more of a kinship with them than with the other two Quadras.
    This was something I was wondering... it's as though somehow you're "all about" the same general things.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems in communication is how I'd regaurd my feelings of Betas, but I certainly don't hate them.
    A lot of Betas use their abilities for admirable purposes, such as doing great humanitarian work, creating brilliant works of art/literature/music, etc, cheering people up when they're down. Even the ST's have gone out of their way to stick-up for someone whose being bullied or belittled; they also can be hard workers, being productive where others may slack-off.

What Krig said is how I feel, too:
    "the blocks are all the same, we just value different ones."
    In this sense, I can understand Betas more so than Alphas and Gammas, because we have the same abilities, so to speak, but our priorities and values are different
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like some INTjs on this very forum a great deal. I think they're funny, smart and strange and they don't display Fe that much.

MaliaFee an ESFj was quite nice and I enjoyed talking to her. I was attracted to an alpha SF a couple years back, but I could barely communicate with her so that failed. I've had more actual value problems with Betas and Deltas. Opposing quadra interaction is more like 2 passing ships in the night, and experiencing the site can be intriguing. I've never really felt a connection with any of the alpha NTs, just a slight relation. Real life interaction with alphas begins to get uncomfortably annoying.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hate them at all.

Though we will never really connect, I find them often interesting.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I just find their way of life detestable and boring.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hate anyone. There's something good about every individual, regardless of type or quadra. But that doesn't mean I should be in a close relationship with them. Mid-distance friendships are fine. And when they're in your family you love them for different reasons.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love beta from afar.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No but I find them to be the most annoying people in the entire world, though.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hate anyone.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I actually like some INTjs on this very forum a great deal. I think they're funny, smart and strange and they don't display Fe that much.
    Actually, there are MANY INTps among those INTjs. Which explains for your liking them. I think you might like a few, those who have demonstrated behavior similar to you.
    --

To answer the question, I don't hate my opposing quadra. This is not talking about specifics, about one person. It's about how general interaction is. By definion this is who you antagonize with. That is you have different actions, different atttitudes, different ways to go about it. Interacting with them feels stressful, aggravating, it's adding fuel to the fire. Especially logical types, when they debate or argue about something, will feel like there is no consesus whatsoever, like there is no way there will arrive at an agreement. So, instinctualy, you'd normally avoid them...you wouldn't want to be friends with them. Because whatever you say or do, they will just laugh at you. Thinking, what a fool...you're always after things that don't matter. The hell is on your mind? Why don't you DO something, when it's right in front of you? I think relations with someone in your opposing quadra pottentially brings feelings of frustation for all people involved.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People normally don't display much of their 5th function.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, 5th function is the dual-seeking function, so you're supposed to be weak in that area. 5th function is actually your weakest function, alongside Polr. I like to call it "Polr of your subconcius". Else, why would you need your dual for?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    To be honest, while my opposing Quadra may be annoying or even aggravating at times, I actually feel more of a kinship with them than with the other two Quadras. I think it has something to do with the clubs, and the fact that the blocks are all the same, we just value different ones.

I may sometimes consider the things an ENTj thinks are important to be pointless, but at least I understand how he thinks. STs and NFs have such a different thought process that they sometimes seem like a whole different species.
    yeah that's how i feel. and really, if i think about it, there are people in gamma who annoy me alot. it's just easier to overlook for some reason.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I don't hate anyone.
    Yes you do - Woody Allen.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hate him. I just think he's absolutely horrible.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to hate people. I used to have a list of people I hated, and I'd lay awake at night thinking about how much I hated them. I even ranked the list based on how much I hated them. That was like 13 years ago though, lol.
    SEE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hate people based on quadra though I find a lot of alphas annoying or frustrating. Mostly alphas my age though. They seem to get more tolerable as they get older.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0