Thread: Rick's typing of JuJu (me, lol)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rick's typing of JuJu (me, lol)

This post is for those who are interested in how to type others accurately--the steps you should take, what you should look for in other ppl, etc.

Rick DeLong gave me permission to post his typing of me on this forum. Here it is:

----

Hi Justin,

I'm pretty confident of my conclusion and am going to give it to you now along with my reasoning and observations.

When writing to me initially, you made an effort to be friendly and informal, and tossed out some types and terminology at me in passing. In my experience, this is usually a good sign of an Fe-ego type

Next, the pictures showed you as something of a "bad boy," with the "black leather" look a bit confusing considering your friendliness and seeming mildness. I found a couple of your friends rather forbidding in appearance. Your look wasn't one I was familiar with and didn't really remind me of anyone, but I began to lean towards EIE based on the spirit of the pictures, some of the facial expressions, and the kinds of friends you were with.

In general in your videos you seemed a bit more sluggish, spacey, and mild than I would have expected from an EIE, and I added IEI and ESE to the list of types to consider.

The first video about your friend basically firmly ruled out IEE. The qualities you appreciate in your friend are totally atypical for IEEs: things like "rawness," "not giving a shit," "people say he's an asshole," "he almost never gives compliments," etc. IEEs and in general Delta types value a certain interpersonal sensitivity and ability to give compliments and encouragement. The qualities you mentioned, and the language you used in describing your relationship, seemed typically Beta.

You cracked me up in the second video, answering the question: "tell me about a concept that you feel strongly about." You chose "storytelling," which isn't even a concept -- at least in the normal understanding of the word; it's an activity or process. Which basically suggested a dynamic type, or IEI and EIE. The meaning you injected into the concept was 1) making an impact on people, and 2) creating meaning. In general these Fe + Ni themes seem the most important to you, and the vocabulary you use is generally related to these aspects. For instance, Ni: "there was emptiness there" (inside a person), "this world doesn't have to be a black void of nothingness." In talking about storytelling, your focus seemed to be more on Ni (the internal or spiritual experience) rather than Fe (the process of expressing). Also, your actual state when speaking seemed to be more Ni -- contemplating, dwelling, searching around inside yourself for something.

The funny story you told had a more Se theme (crazy and risky situations). I wondered if an EIE would have let themselves be pushed over so easily. Most EIEs, I think, would have flown into a rage. Not that IEIs are necessarily pushovers, but the story suggested that you were definitely not in charge of the situation. Also, your storytelling style is really unrushed; one characteristic of ILIs and IEIs is that they tend to slow the pace of things down and dwell on them more than other people. I'd recommend looking up Garrison Keillor (IEI) on YouTube for some of his monologue stories from "Lake Wobegon." That's a perfect example.

ESE can be ruled out completely because of your ease in imagining your future and dwelling on different scenarios. Plus, you really do use tons of Ni language. After the chat, I feel pretty confident in ruling out EIE, too. Normally, with EIEs I feel an underlying competition between us -- competition for decision making and steering the conversation (even when one of us is designated to be in charge). You, on the other hand, seem content to go along with others' initiative as long as you approve of where things are going. In speaking on a subject, you don't tend to inadvertently broaden the scope of discussion (as extraverts generally do), but focus on addressing only the subject in discussion. This is a fine distinction, but I thought I'd mention it.

When describing the kind of people you are drawn to, you basically described a Se-leading type. I know one's self-typing can influence these kinds of answers, but your answer seemed believable in the context of your other statements, like ending up hanging around the house all day lost in your own thoughts.

In talking about peace on earth and why it's not possible, you basically explained your position through Ni: "because things have been going on for sooo long." The theme of pursuing your dreams and dreaming big is also really typical of IEI. I have an article somewhere about how people life strive to achieve "pure Ti" or whatever their leading function is. Unrestrained Ni, I think, is exactly that: being free to dream whatever. For them materialization is less important than unrestrained dreaming, but they admire SLEs who try to materialize all their desires.

So, if you haven't guessed by now, IEI it is!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got to be honest, I have a hard time picturing an IEE having a shaved cat in his/her avatar.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but you remind me a lot of the positive qualities of my sister's ex husband (though you appear to lack his many serious flaws, as far as I can tell). I hadn't figured out what type he is... I think IEI could work for him though.

Anyways, I have no complaints with IEI.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great man. And bravo for Rick.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-

Thanks to you, Juju and Rick, for this - it's very cool to see the way you went about doing this and narrowing the types down.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I've got to be honest, I have a hard time picturing an IEE having a shaved cat in his/her avatar.
    Haha I've actually had this same thought before!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you post the videos that rick referenced?

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Edited for apparent 'controversy'*
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 10-17-2008 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI is extremely evident in those videos. The first videos you posted when you first came here seemed different....a lot more as if IEE were possible. These leave no doubt in my mind you're IEI.

You sort of look like Dane Cook

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those videos were not posted on this forum for a reason, DeAnte... Why did you do that? (Plus your editorializing is not appreciated.)

Lest anyone think these videos are all Rick went off of to type me... We had an extensive Skype chat and email exchange as well... The whole process took about two weeks.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Those videos were not posted on this forum for a reason, DeAnte... Why did you do that? (Plus your editorializing is not appreciated.)
    Niffweed asked.

What difference does it make if they're posted here or YT if you're going to talk about this place 'over there' and vice versa?

Would you prefer I take them down?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're such a Treasure Island Media whore, Justin.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Niffweed asked.

What difference does it make if they're posted here or YT if you're going to talk about this place 'over there' and vice versa?

Would you prefer I take them down?
    You shouldn't have posted them. (Not without asking JuJu first) I am surprised that you did that.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised that you are surprised. Honestly.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised that you are surprised. Honestly.
    Why? (Have I done something similar?)

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Why? (Have I done something similar?)
    No. I'm just surprised that anyone would find my actions in this thread surprising. Or 'wrong' in any way.

JuJu made a post about his type.

His post included numerous references to videos, which were used to help determine his type.

He should have expected curiosity to see the videos to ensue.

Besides, YT socionics and those videos are free for all to see. I don't see why my actions are so questionable.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

privacy

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not like I went on his myspace and uploaded his personal pics to photobucket and posted them here.

Those videos are in public domain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

systematic integrity-----what type is K.G. now É
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I didn't post em here or point any attention toward em is b/c I felt the content was kinda private... I already hear the "but they were on YouTube" response coming... (They only had 6-10 views before this... And that was just Rick and a couple of friends.)

Seeing them up there on this forum makes me feel kinda exposed.

These videos have a back-story, e.g. Rick asked very specific questions... That doesn't really come across in the post.

Thank you Winterpark... I really appreciate what you wrote DeAnte, it's cool--I just would've rather you let me do this video thing in private. Np though.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You're such a Treasure Island Media whore, Justin.
    LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I didn't post em here or point any attention toward em is b/c I felt the content was kinda private... I already hear the "but they were on YouTube" response coming... (They only had 6-10 views before this... And that was just Rick and a couple of friends.)

These videos have a back-story, e.g. Rick asked very specific questions... That doesn't really come across in the post.

Thank you Winterpark... I really appreciate what you wrote DeAnte, it's cool--I just would've rather you let me do this video thing in private. Np though.

LOL
    I cant help but agree with you there----it`s awfull when somebody makes posts of your material without giving you any sort of indication about their intent. Context is Everything!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"but they were on YouTube" response coming... (They only had 6-10 views before this... And that was just Rick and a couple of friends.)

LOL
    just wandering if you had anybody tell you that you are INFp off of youtube. I had a few suggestions about myself being INFJ(MBTI)....however i dont buy into Phaedrus`theory that INFJ in MBTI corresponds to INFj in Socionics.......we may be the same type, or not.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not like I went on his myspace and uploaded his personal pics to photobucket and posted them here.

Those videos are in public domain.
    That's irrelevant. He decides what to post and what not to post here, not you. I am surprised (again) that you waited for him to comply instead of removing them once he told you how he feels about what you did.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This post is for those who are interested in how to type others accurately--the steps you should take, what you should look for in other ppl, etc.

In general in your videos you seemed a bit more sluggish, spacey, and mild than I would have expected from an EIE, and I added IEI and ESE to the list of types to consider.

The first video about your friend basically firmly ruled out IEE. The qualities you appreciate in your friend are totally atypical for IEEs: things like "rawness," "not giving a shit," "people say he's an asshole," "he almost never gives compliments," etc. IEEs and in general Delta types value a certain interpersonal sensitivity and ability to give compliments and encouragement. The qualities you mentioned, and the language you used in describing your relationship, seemed typically Beta.

You cracked me up in the second video, answering the question: "tell me about a concept that you feel strongly about." You chose "storytelling," which isn't even a concept -- at least in the normal understanding of the word; it's an activity or process. Which basically suggested a dynamic type, or IEI and EIE. The meaning you injected into the concept was 1) making an impact on people, and 2) creating meaning. In general these Fe + Ni themes seem the most important to you, and the vocabulary you use is generally related to these aspects. For instance, Ni: "there was emptiness there" (inside a person), "this world doesn't have to be a black void of nothingness." In talking about storytelling, your focus seemed to be more on Ni (the internal or spiritual experience) rather than Fe (the process of expressing). Also, your actual state when speaking seemed to be more Ni -- contemplating, dwelling, searching around inside yourself for something.

The funny story you told had a more Se theme (crazy and risky situations). I wondered if an EIE would have let themselves be pushed over so easily. Most EIEs, I think, would have flown into a rage. Not that IEIs are necessarily pushovers, but the story suggested that you were definitely not in charge of the situation. Also, your storytelling style is really unrushed; one characteristic of ILIs and IEIs is that they tend to slow the pace of things down and dwell on them more than other people. I'd recommend looking up Garrison Keillor (IEI) on YouTube for some of his monologue stories from "Lake Wobegon." That's a perfect example.

When describing the kind of people you are drawn to, you basically described a Se-leading type. I know one's self-typing can influence these kinds of answers, but your answer seemed believable in the context of your other statements, like ending up hanging around the house all day lost in your own thoughts.

In talking about peace on earth and why it's not possible, you basically explained your position through Ni: "because things have been going on for sooo long." The theme of pursuing your dreams and dreaming big is also really typical of IEI. I have an article somewhere about how people life strive to achieve "pure Ti" or whatever their leading function is. Unrestrained Ni, I think, is exactly that: being free to dream whatever. For them materialization is less important than unrestrained dreaming, but they admire SLEs who try to materialize all their desires.

So, if you haven't guessed by now, IEI it is!
    I disagree the part about EIE vs IEI, I think most people type EIE as someone whose a very typical ennagram three, and they type other EIE by how they have the image of some EIEs they know, and they often mistaken people whose EIE to IEI. You guys need to know there is very peaceful EIE, theres competitive EIEs, and theres Low key EIES, just because the person talks more NI than Fe and are more polite does not mean they are IEI-FE, i type so much people in my world and found out alot of people think the EIE we know are an introvert but in reality they are naturally more FE than NI, i would really have to say EIE is the hardest to type because you just cannot compare them because they are dreamy, unrestrained and say he is an IEI, because alot of them have to do with SI polr. I am not saying JUJU is a definity EIE, but i do know he is either EIE or IEI.
    Last edited by 07490; 10-17-2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: x
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    just wandering if you had anybody tell you that you are INFp off of youtube. I had a few suggestions about myself being INFJ(MBTI)....however i dont buy into Phaedrus`theory that INFJ in MBTI corresponds to INFj in Socionics.......we may be the same type, or not.
    Judgers are rationals in MBTI as in Socionics. Why you think there is a difference? Still believing the J/P switch myth?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judgers are rationals in MBTI as in Socionics. Why you think there is a difference? Still believing the J/P switch myth?
    Explain.....So you're telling me MBTI ISTJ (a Judger) is more rational than MBTI ISTP ??...i would say more irrational.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    Explain.....So you're telling me MBTI ISTJ (a Judger) is more rational than MBTI ISTP ??...i would say more irrational.
    ISTJ is indeed rational and ISTP an irrational.

Roughly defined:

Rational: Controlling, more decisive, rigid.
    Irrational: Experiencing, more pondering, laidback.

Why is an ISTJ irrational according to you?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTJ is indeed rational and ISTP an irrational.

Roughly defined:

Rational: Controlling, more decisive, rigid.
    Irrational: Experiencing, more pondering, laidback.

Why is an ISTJ irrational according to you?
    No.

(Also, you're mixing in the Ne/Si vs. Ni/Se dichotomy.)
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    i agree with both wp and juju on this one. i was even mad at my own sis for posting videos without asking me first...lol not a biggie in the end, but just not how i operate...

i do have to admit that i love seeing your face juju, feeling your energy through your videos...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

(Also, you're mixing in the Ne/Si vs. Ni/Se dichotomy.)
    What is the no referring to, only one word, or do you think ISTJ are not rational, but rather irrational?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part I bolded.
    SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i do have to admit that i love seeing your face juju, feeling your energy through your videos...
    Me too

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part I bolded.
    Ah oke.

What word would you rather have used to roughly describe rationality?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default OK, RICK SAID YOUR IEI

So fuckin leave it that way. Stay off this forum, you are a bright confident and attractive guy. Go out and do what you want to do. Fuck all these niffweeds and all these other kids. THEY DONT WANNA SEE YOU DO GOOD, THEY ARE JEALOUS. Listen to what im telling you, please. You have no idea what kind of potential you have in life. You have the ability to make people feel loved and with someone as likable as you i could see you making it to the top. Imagine, being a famous investigative journalist. Interviewing famous people, adventure and fun. Sounds good, right??? Well, arguing with niffweed wont accomplish it. If anybody has a fuckin problem with what im telling him you can go fuck yourself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    So fuckin leave it that way. Stay off this forum, you are a bright confident and attractive guy. Go out and do what you want to do. Fuck all these niffweeds and all these other kids. THEY DONT WANNA SEE YOU DO GOOD, THEY ARE JEALOUS. Listen to what im telling you, please. You have no idea what kind of potential you have in life. You have the ability to make people feel loved and with someone as likable as you i could see you making it to the top. Imagine, being a famous investigative journalist. Interviewing famous people, adventure and fun. Sounds good, right??? Well, arguing with niffweed wont accomplish it. If anybody has a fuckin problem with what im telling him you can go fuck yourself.
    right on!!!!!!! go juju go!!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah oke.

What word would you rather have used to roughly describe rationality?
    EJ: proactive, restless (as opposed to "relaxed, go with the flow" or "mobile, impulsive")
    IJ: calm, balanced (as opposed to "relaxed, go with the flow" or "mobile, impulsive")

Perhaps what you're describing is the idea that irrationals adjust their thought processes to the situation while rationals adjust the situation to their thought processes? I'm not sure that it's as simple as that though. Both irrationals and rationals do some of both, plus I think it's easy to confuse this with other dichotomies and characteristics that aren't even the result of one's type (such as a victim mentality).

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    +1 (I wouldn't have put it quite that way, but you're right.)

I would also like to add that it's unlikely that knowing your Socionics type is going to do anything for you that you couldn't do without knowing it.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJ: proactive, restless (as opposed to "relaxed, go with the flow" or "mobile, impulsive")
    IJ: calm, balanced (as opposed to "relaxed, go with the flow" or "mobile, impulsive")

Perhaps what you're describing is the idea that irrationals adjust their thought processes to the situation while rationals adjust the situation to their thought processes? I'm not sure that it's as simple as that though. Both irrationals and rationals do some of both, plus I think it's easy to confuse this with other dichotomies and characteristics that aren't even the result of one's type (such as a victim mentality).
    hmm, I hoped for another word/description of rationality, these are temperaments.

Although I really like your words of irrationality.

Just to add...I did some research, but rationals are often called controlling... They try to control the situation.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The word "controlling" sounds like they're trying to control other people, which is why I disagreed.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The word "controlling" sounds like they're trying to control other people, which is why I disagreed.
    Now I see! thanx.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, JuJu, you are EIE, end of. Let's not have any more threads now.

ETA: I appreciate that you were obsessive to begin with; I was too. But now you have a type and that's cool. Stick with it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Right, JuJu, you are EIE, end of. Let's not have any more threads now.
    If I'm remembering correctly, you started the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    ETA: I appreciate that you were obsessive to begin with; I was too. But now you have a type and that's cool. Stick with it.
    Only if it makes sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast