Thread: Are you trusting?

Creepy-

Default Are you trusting?

Are you a trusting person by nature?

Is being trusting [or hyper un-trusting] type-related?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In general, I tend to be trusting. I give others the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. If someone betrays me or deceives me, its very difficult if not impossible to trust them again.

Not sure how related to socionics type it is. I can see some enneagram correlations, with type 6 and 8 tending to be mistrusting and type 9 tending to be trusting, sometimes to the point of being naive.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Not sure how related to socionics type it is. I can see some enneagram correlations, with type 6 and 8 tending to be mistrusting and type 9 tending to be trusting, sometimes to the point of being naive.
    I fit the 9/Trusting mold.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope.

Creepy-bg

hard to answer this... I think that from the outside I could appear naive and trusting to a fault. in reality, I consider everybody as human, with faults and issues and self-delusions that make it so that you have to take everything that people say and do with a grain of salt. that doesn't make me see others as anything less though, so I treat all people as if they were the opposite and don't make an issue out of proving them otherwise or rubbing it in their face when the truth comes out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm cautious. And it depends. Sometimes you know you can trust someone with SOME things, but not others. For example, if you're married to an E-6, you know they'll never cheat on you (well, that's a generalization but you know what I mean). So you trust them with members of the opposite sex. But that doesn't mean you can trust them to remember to put gas in the car or something. You might trust someone with the care of your children but not with your own feelings. I think you just have to know who you can trust, and for what. I don't know that I trust any one person with everything. In fact, I know I don't.

Not sure if it's type-related or not.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I'm cautious. And it depends. Sometimes you know you can trust someone with SOME things, but not others. For example, if you're married to an E-6, you know they'll never cheat on you (well, that's a generalization but you know what I mean). So you trust them with members of the opposite sex. But that doesn't mean you can trust them to remember to put gas in the car or something. You might trust someone with the care of your children but not with your own feelings. I think you just have to know who you can trust, and for what. I don't know that I trust any one person with everything. In fact, I know I don't.

Not sure if it's type-related or not.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superficially trusting, intimately not trusting. I'm generally overly trusting in day-to-day life and assume the best in people. Once that trust has been betrayed, it's gone. Where I think I'll be emotionally vulnerable, I'm not trusting at all, regardless of your reputation.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am a very trusting person. The thought of being cheated on never crosses my mind. To me, if the person loves me they will be with me, if not then I can't force anyone to stay with me. I don't want to control others. I want to be wanted and not needed. With the same regard, I never give anyone the reason or to suspect to never trust me that I am and will be faithful in a relationship. I trust people even in the advice I give them, that when they don't follow them, that just means they were busy. But when a person says that they will pick me up at 7, they better be there on time.

If the person has given me reason to not trust, I will have to decide if I want to be in that relationship or move on.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-02-2010 at 03:51 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

“I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.” - Pablo Picasso

Well said, Mr. Picasso. Well said.
    That's actually why he's a crappy artist, and his work isn't that good. An artist needs to paint as they see, not think. Most people don't do this, so true beauty is hard to find indeed.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that I know what to expect of people. In most cases I default on trust, but I always consider that the trust could be misplaced. I'm rarely surprised when I find that someone couldn't be trusted. When I am surprised, I take that new factor into consideration in similar situations. As I get older, I find it harder to trust people.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not? I am trusting by Default.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm trusting as far as telling people my secrets (which I have very few of since I'm trusting.) I'm not trusting as far as trusting people to do things right.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I'm trusting as far as telling people my secrets (which I have very few of since I'm trusting.) I'm not trusting as far as trusting people to do things right.
    that's cause you're a 1.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of myself as a sphere. Levels one through five of myself are totally 100% super trusting. Levels six through eight are untrusting. Levels nine and ten are like NO. Also, this is the exact same pattern of openness/trustingness as Walt Whitman has, fyi. If you read Song of Myself and Calamus you can see the different levels of openness. He's 100% totally super infinitely open with this external persona "Rough Walt," and 100% totally super infinitely closed except for a pipe through which he passes poems with this persona that speaks the Calamus poems. It's interesting how really Whitman has as many separate speakers as Pessoa, except Pessoa kept all of his speakers separate and Whitman tends to intermix his.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

must you always compare yourself to Walt Whitman?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, yes.

Actually, not really, if it bothers you, but since I think about Walt Whitman a lot, and I think about myself a lot, I tend to find lots of similarities between the two. I think if you spend enough time with books you'll find a writer that you feel really similar to. And since that's such a useful tool for me, personally, to understand myself better, I sort of spew it everywhere else too.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i start off trusting until i am proven wrong by small yet significant incidents.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Well, yes.

Actually, not really, if it bothers you, but since I think about Walt Whitman a lot, and I think about myself a lot, I tend to find lots of similarities between the two. I think if you spend enough time with books you'll find a writer that you feel really similar to. And since that's such a useful tool for me, personally, to understand myself better, I sort of spew it everywhere else too.
    You're a dick. Walt Whitman was a genius.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    That's actually why he's a crappy artist, and his work isn't that good. An artist needs to paint as they see, not think. Most people don't do this, so true beauty is hard to find indeed.
    You paint what you think you see, even when you think you are painting what you see.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    You paint what you think you see, even when you think you are painting what you see.
    Or you paint what you think you should see, in the case of someone paid to paint a portrait of a princess for a possible husband.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trusting in the sense that it's really easy to get me to go along with something, but internally I'm almost insanely paranoid about what the person is up to.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I'm trusting in the sense that it's really easy to get me to go along with something, but internally I'm almost insanely paranoid about what the person is up to.
    I thought you were an E-6, Peter.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you were an E-6, Peter.
    You thought wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm both trusting an non-trusting. An ennegram 6 bundle of contradictions. But that's enneagram related for me, not socionics related.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You thought wrong.
    :wink:
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:wink:
    Shrug. You're a woman, so the odds of you thinking wrong were in my favor.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shrug. You're a woman, so the odds of you thinking wrong were in my favor.
    don't be sexist. it's not because I'm a woman that they were in your favor. It's because I'm Te polr. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

I used to be very trusting I tried to see the best in everyone until I got screwed over too many times now I don't really trust anyone.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a few people, like my sister, whom I trust to always keep their promises in everyday life. Things like being home at a certain time, paying back debts on time etc. Intimately I don't think I really trust anyone, I'm actually super paranoid about a lot of things. I'm pretty open about my privacy and can easily tell people some relatively personal things about myself, but I don't trust them to be loyal or "be there for me" or really care the least bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am too trusting.
    I always assume people are being serious when they say something, so I guess I'm naive. I'm not always good at telling when someone is being sarcastic...because I take what they say at face value.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not really. I usually place my trust in people I know I can depend on, so I am a bit discerning when it comes to that. And I learned my lesson the hard way in real life.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check this out. Same OP, almost exactly two years later.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.