ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts on introverted functions

-How to lose weight:

Common sense (wrong): do intense exercise an hour per day -->
    Actual path to achieve this goal: eat better, let your body burn fat 24 h per day --->

-How to build solid relationships with people:

Common sense (wrong): be funny, talkative, outgoing --->
    Actual path to achieve this goal: be patient, start slowly, go bit by bit, do small favours, talk about things you have in common, etc --->

-How to excel at some subject (Maths, foreign languages, business, etc)

Common sense (wrong): learn simple formulas that give you quick understanding
    Actual path to achieve this goal: read, experiment, analyze, weigh alternatives

-How to know what is going on

Common sense (wrong): brainstorming, analyze potential scenarios (most of them will never happen), expecting that others will do x instead of y or even z --->
    Actual path to achieve this goal: relax, imagine, sit down in a silent room or in a park and reflect. Go for a walk and let ideas come to you --->
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In short: introverts function FTW

This is related to my theory inasmuch as caregivers are "better" than aggressors....

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ays-every-role
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fallacy: you are saying one method is better then another based on what parameters? Both extro and intro IE are equal in that they are described facets of reality and further, they are discreet facets of reality, almost independent of one another. They are not dichotomies of each other, like other typologies like to espouse.

In some instances, intense exercise is the appropriate form of action for weight loss as well as eating better.

In forming some friendships, it is best to be both talkative and patient, applying both Fe/Fi aspects of reality.

The hierarchy of introverted elements over extroverted seems nonsensical. Reality is a unified whole, with differing elements filling different niches and the appropriate use of them is what socionic typology is all about.

For every brainstormed example, could it not be shown to be just as true if an extroverted element was used in place of an introverted element depending on the circumstances?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First point: Losing weight is about 70% eating right and 30% exercise but the exercise part REALLY really helps curb mistakes you make while eating and boosts up your metabolism and tones you up for that very attractive figure that inspires you in the first place. I used to follow what you said, and I had a lean body alright but I looked like an anorexic twink with AIDS because I didn't exercise on top of it. Both just complement each other really well... and 'losing weight' should never be the final goal of health it should be a better body period which includes developing your MUSCLES which only happens via exercise.

2nd point,again it's both - and I'd argue that for most practical shit having many friends that aren't that deep is actually better then a few of the heartfelt pure Fi friends. yes the heartfelt fi friends are pure and magical and holy and shit, but it also lacks technique - it's better to know that one dude that knows how to do that thing so when you need that thing that needs doing well and right, you can rely on that friend for that particular task, since not everything can get done with understanding and empathy, unfortunately. But if I'm feeling vulnerable and shit, of course I want my Fi friend to just cuddle and purr with me in the introverted dark corner. It's just not very practical tho.

3rd point... reading too much you often get a lot of useless/inapplicable information that has a bad tendency to increase your anxiety. As they said on the hannibal premiere "Fear is the price of imagination." It's better to learn short and brutal but highly useful snippets of information to function in life, it makes you come off more manly to the opposite sex. Which means you get to choose your women instead of women choosing you. It's always better to be the alpha male cause it funnily enough reverses the typical role of the sexes. Women by nature are standoffish and choosy when attracting a mate YET WHEN THEY SEE the alpha male with his shirt off, they do a Tex Avery wildtake and hit themselves on the head with a hammer before an encirclement of cartoon hearts appear over their heads. And the man becomes the coy, cool standoffish judge-your-performance-one instead of the other way around.

4th point... I'll get to later I have to make this post now cuz toddler needs me.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're trying to apply a corrective because you think that "so-ci-e-ty" has a bias toward extraversion, and against the actions you're ascribing to introverted functions, then I can sort of understand the attempt.

But yeah, someone else can go through your points one by one and argue from fact that both approaches are equally valid and context-dependent, and to eliminate one and omit the other is going to lead to lopsidedness.
    Last edited by golden; 01-09-2015 at 02:35 PM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE
    Ego:
    Ne-accepting(wrong)
    Ti-producing
    Se-accepting (wrong)
    Fi-producing
    ID:
    Ni- accepting
    Te-producing(wrong)
    Si-accepting
    Fe-producing(wrong)

Devaluing products of id, overvaluing products of ego maybe. Just a thought, if you decide there's something you're lacking.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't get me wrong because I can appreciate the creativity. I just don't agree with the premise. : )

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    ILE
    Ego:
    Ne-accepting(wrong)
    Ti-producing
    Se-accepting (wrong)
    Fi-producing
    ID:
    Ni- accepting
    Te-producing(wrong)
    Si-accepting
    Fe-producing(wrong)
    Ahh, maybe I see where you are going with this. Care to elaborate?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Ahh, maybe I see where you are going with this. Care to elaborate?
    Maybe there's something from his viewpoint causing him to bias himself in this way, and this was the most immediate pattern. I can't say I'm drinking my own kool-aid though, he has some good points that I could never really dissuade myself of either.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    -How to lose weight:

Common sense (wrong): do intense exercise an hour per day -->
    Actual path to achieve this goal: eat better, let your body burn fat 24 h per day --->

-How to build solid relationships with people:

Common sense (wrong): be funny, talkative, outgoing --->
    Actual path to achieve this goal: be patient, start slowly, go bit by bit, do small favours, talk about things you have in common, etc --->

-How to excel at some subject (Maths, foreign languages, business, etc)

Common sense (wrong): learn simple formulas that give you quick understanding
    Actual path to achieve this goal: read, experiment, analyze, weigh alternatives

-How to know what is going on

Common sense (wrong): brainstorming, analyze potential scenarios (most of them will never happen), expecting that others will do x instead of y or even z --->
    Actual path to achieve this goal: relax, imagine, sit down in a silent room or in a park and reflect. Go for a walk and let ideas come to you --->

If I were you, I'd argue that Ego and Super-Id functions give us info that is considered to be "the right way" while the rest > "wrong" (valued/non-valued). Just saying. You'd have more success with such a hypothesis and dichotomy (instead of introverted vs extroverted).
    Last edited by Amber; 01-09-2015 at 02:35 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Maybe there's something from his viewpoint causing him to bias himself in this way, and this was the most immediate pattern. I can't say I'm drinking my own kool-aid though, he has some good points that I could never really dissuade myself of either.
    Makes sense. His own type could be a factor I guess. I think I'd like to think that he is fairly unbiased with his ideas, because otherwise any time a person gets an idea people tend to believe its a result of his sociotype and that just gets boring. It makes it personal when is needn't be.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Makes sense. His own type could be a factor I guess. I think I'd like to think that he is fairly unbiased with his ideas, because otherwise any time a person gets an idea people tend to believe its a result of his sociotype and that just gets boring. It makes it personal when is needn't be.
    It's true, but it's not as if the problem of subjectivity is really solved, he could be right or he could be blind. No harm in tossing out the suggestion.

My actual thoughts:
    -sensing: i dont think this is a wide enough distinction
    -feeling: i agree, solid relationships are better built one on one, but who said Fe is going after that in spirit?
    -thinking:strawman of te. Although maybe there is some of this in te, it can be a bit useless when it's uncritical of old thoughts in discussing new ideas.
    -intuition: intuition is always a mixed bag though and i think as far as understanding what's going on, both are sorely needed, because there is a flux that happens with ideas, they open, they close, they open, they close ,and you cant always find "what's going on" unless you're able to sort out this cycle.
    Last edited by ouronis; 01-09-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: lots of wrong things

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't you also, like, turn these on their head for different objectives? Your objectives felt distinctly introverted focused. Like Fi vs Fe in forming strong bonds with people. Fe is superior when creating friendly and enthusiastic environments. Like Ti vs Te in understanding a subject. Te is superior when just getting something done (at least ime, they just buckle down and do it).
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy