TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I know SEI chemist with PhD.
    Wow! Can I meet him/her? I also wanted to be a chemist but I only managed to do the basic courses at the university.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, racism is not true. Nature is not racist. Racism exist because there are ppl who believes that some races are better or worst than others. The human potential is not limited by race, sociotype or sex.

Also remember that socionics its a Personality theory, its not about human capacities, ability or intellect, its just a theory about personality.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I do think that certain types gravitate toward certain jobs. Yes, anyone can probably do any job, but how well can they do it? And why are they doing it?

I know an IEI who is second in command of a tech company (an LIE-Ni married to an EII owns it), and she manages projects, people, and budgets. She is very competent, but she seems stressed all the time and actually tries to get me involved with her projects when she can (for my Te and experience, I imagine).

We were out walking around one Saturday and I asked her about her mother, and this diplomatic, generous creature turned into something else. She described her mother in bitter terms, and said that she herself had always wanted to be an actress, but her mother forced her into a science PhD.

For the record, she would have made a terrific actress.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-SLE pastor. It was doubly unexpected because the church was all about the Fi. Very strange to go to his sermons and hear the exact opposite kind of information.
    -My cousin is an IEI and has worked in the landscaping business.
    -SLE literature graduate student
    -IEE mathematician and math professor (which was just as bad as it sounds)
    -ESE/SEI chemistry teacher
    -EIE lumberjack and construction worker
    Last edited by Exodus; 09-24-2017 at 03:23 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    No they can't. And the reason is simple. They have the wrong functional strength for that. There is fierce competition in that field so it means that anybody else who is stronger functionally with the same training will win over the SEI.

SEIs can do some lower level teaching, but never top positions in academia.

There are some rare exceptions, like artistic fields, but not in traditional academic subjects.

My experience is that type matters a lot more than people think. The view that "anybody can do anything as long as they put their mind to it", is a false idealogical assumption. It only works in theory, but in the real world there are tough requirements and competition.
    I think John Conway is an SEI. But you have a point, he did not take well to the pressures of academia.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I think John Conway is an SEI. But you have a point, he did not take well to the pressures of academia.
    I didn't know him. But I think it's possible to find another type for him. Because I don't see base Si in him. But I have to look at him closer.

But check out Finnish conductor Jorma Panula. He is professor of conducting. But this is a very special field and he has been a musician his whole life.

He shows strong characteristics of SiFe, it's very interesting to watch him. And if he actually is SEI (I think so), then I think he has very well developed Si compared with most SEIs, who are forced to repress their base in their job.

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a LIE in sales and operations, I can tell I absolutely suck in comparison to the "average" at the empathetic side of sales, I've been told many times from some customers complaining about irrilevant problems that "it seems like you don't care". OTOH I can do some special stuff that many other "types" won't do (force the company to do extra things for the customer, don't sleep to get something done, etc. etc.). I have a SLE colleague and he seems to be a bit similar from this point of view. Almost all the others are feeling types, except and ILI who simply does not do anything unless a customer asks 10-20 times.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post

An lse I know is also a social worker, but it makes sense to me. She's very into providing care to people who need it and good with administration/paperwork, doesn't get too emotionally entrenched, and works well in the govt structures she works for.
    Yeah true its not all that exceptional. In this case the LSE Im talking about is a very masculine looking male (6'4 - distinct features), yet has that ultra caregiverness quality even though he is so masculine. The "keen to be kind" type of guy if you know what I mean. Plus he's also a lieutenant in a local fire department and does a lot of the adminstrative work there. So its just a little odd to see the two qualities of over keen thoughtful consideration with the tightly wound masculine'ness' that is so directive. I don't know hard to explain. This is why I remarked on him being out of place, even though LSE, at least the female version, is less unusual for a social worker.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know him. But I think it's possible to find another type for him. Because I don't see base Si in him. But I have to look at him closer.
    "It's a thing that nonmathematicians don't realize. Mathematics is actually an aesthetic subject almost entirely."
    -- John H. Conway, quoted on page 165, Notices of the American Mathematical Society, February 2001.

"The miraculous enters.... When we investigate these problems, some fantastic things happen.... At one point while working on this book we even considered adopting a special abbreviation for 'It is a remarkable fact that,' since this phrase seemed to occur so often. But in fact we have tried to avoid such phrases and to maintain a scholarly decorum of language."
    -- John H. Conway and N. J. A. Sloane, Sphere Packings..., preface to first edition (1988)

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCNH subtypes play a huge role in careers too, despite the base types; which is how you can find LSEs in health work or charities, EIIs in the medical field, IEEs in programming etc.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Being sitted like a robot 9-6pm
    I can feel your pain.

My worst job expirence was a monotonous job at a assembly line, doing the same task over and over again. It felt like endless nightmare to me.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think that intuitives are mainly in academia.
    Another thing - there is no way that most intuitives are in academia. There are supposedly less than 2 million people teaching at universities in the US, which amounts to a small fraction of the workforce which is ~158 million. Obviously this is influenced by wealth. Not sure what it's like in Finland but it can't be that different.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow! Can I meet him/her? I also wanted to be a chemist but I only managed to do the basic courses at the university.
    I don't remember his name. He was doctoral student finishing his thesis while I was finishing my master's. Something that I remember about him: he changed from math to chemistry and wasn't that comfortable when it came to solving novel technical problems. Was kind of good at organizing stuff when it came to other people. I think he is SEI.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    So its just a little odd to see the two qualities of over keen thoughtful consideration with the tightly wound masculine'ness' that is so directive. I don't know hard to explain. This is why I remarked on him being out of place, even though LSE, at least the female version, is less unusual for a social worker.
    It sounds like a dream for EIIs...they like hyper masculine guys daddy esque who are caregivers (their fetish is like those dudes wearing aprons and stuff like that).
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There are a whole host of things I know I suck at. But, there have been a suprising number of jobs or tasks that I thought I could never do, let alone well. Trying and practice made me good. There are people who are innately equipped to perform bette at certain tasks, but no one knows until they give it shot.

I wouldn't invest too much time into doing something I can only be ok at. Do what flows most naturally and do as fucking of an amazing job as possible.

I'll be damned if people want to stand in my way while trying. Sometimes I will do it just to prove someone wrong.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Another thing - there is no way that most intuitives are in academia. There are supposedly less than 2 million people teaching at universities in the US, which amounts to a small fraction of the workforce which is ~158 million. Obviously this is influenced by wealth. Not sure what it's like in Finland but it can't be that different.
    Yes, I didn'ẗ express myself very well here. I think i just meant that most intuitives had a university degree or something like that.

I am not used to see intuitives in down-to-earth physical jobs like electrician or house painter (doing the actual hands on work, not sitting in the office). But they exist, although not that common.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    but my EIE grandmother was in a gardening club.
    Yes but there is in gardening. Especially if it is done as a hobby. I know one EIE who is very much into gardening.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just met an ILE who works as a house painter. This is his main job, not something temporary.
    I have been working with him for some weeks now. I can confirm he is ILE. He works in construction, painting, fixing bathrooms, hanging wallpaper etc.

He is fairly strong on role, but he likes as much as possible to focus on thoughts, ideas, strategies, big picture. Here he is at home. His focus is not very much on the actual stuff in front of him. Although that's what he is working with. He is not working in the base. That's a fact and that's a problem for anybody.

On some level I can see that he is not satisfied in this job. I think he should move on to become an engineer or something like that. But he has a family and is middle age. Could be too late.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've known several LIIs in retail sales in the past. They seem to do strangely well in these environments, maybe Fe seeking helps (?)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some IEIs who have athletic careers. I suppose with the 'Se dual seeking' though that's not really totally unexpected. There are also plenty of wealthy and successful IEIs. Just the ones on this forum admittedly tend to be no life losers. =p

I too have also met a lot of LIEs in very minimum wage-y loser jobs you'd expect to see Te-polrs in. They are often in a slightly higher position than the SEI/IEIs but not that much higher but they of course still act like they own the place. It's cute. They will often start new jobs easily and be ready to do anything but not ready to finish anything so they will whine and throw a temper tantrum that they aren't farther ahead in the company after two weeks, claiming about how they are so pristinely logical & objective and everybody is too weak/emotional to do the job for them. The LSE head boss then quickly shuts them the fuck up though and puts them in their place. (okay so maybe it was just this one unhealthy LIE that I knew.)

LSE I see them everywhere though. It's hard for them to be unexpected in this way? They always have to be boss bitch and 99.9% of the time a LSE is in fact running the company. Other types can be more self-employed though.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a LIE (maybe Ni subtype, but not su sure) who is a famous DJ - in Germany at least:

Enrico Ostendorf

http://www.studio-ostendorf.com/index.php/booking

This is another LIE who is a professional alpinist (I suppose Te subtype):

Simone Moro

http://www.simonemoro.com/
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

60% of people in America hate their jobs. Job is either not associated with type, or most people are in the wrong job for their type. Either way, you're not going to type someone successfully if you use their jobs to do so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12