User Tag List

Thread: Hello People

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello People

I got interested in learning a bit about socionics after hearing about it and seeing that it, unlike Myers-Briggs, actually says very concrete and specific things that are observably true or false in addition to the metaphysical claims. Even if I end up deciding that I don't believe socionics, I will still have a lot of respect for how thorough and structured it is as compared to Myers-Briggs Sun sign horoscope things. Socionics tests are really hard to cheat (I took it trying to get something specific again and again but got something else specific again and again instead) so at the very least it seems to be onto something unlike the mainstream accepted Big Five that seems extremely based in American culture (not even Western culture, American culture. I mean, I like to listen to opera and folk music, therefore I'll like nihilistic art forms and silly pseudo-intellectual discussions? What?).

At the very least, such people as who would be into this can't be bad to talk to for a while, so I hope I'll have some fun and learn something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, I don't want a video of myself on some random Internet site yet. Then everyone will know I go to this site. I can think of a lot of people who wouldn't be happy with that for various reasons. Plus I'm not even committed to this.

I do feel pretty 99% sure what my type is already though. I'm not going to say what I think because I don't want to bias people.

I do really like how the socionics test asks about specific behaviors rather than stuff like "being alone drains me" and I'm just like "I don't know, I don't think about things like that that much". I feel like most personality tests are really values tests, especially OCEAN (which is ironically the most "scientific" even though as I said I think it measures adherence to certain American cultural constructs, and I don't think "neuroticism" is a thing at all because being a rage machine and lethargic/depressed seem pretty mutually exclusive to me). I was very surprised by what I got. And my aesthetic preferences match it as well, which is so cool.
    Last edited by Pallas; 09-21-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    I do feel pretty 99% sure what my type is already though.
    A chance of mistake, anyway. There is 20% of average typing match. Without correct own type you'll get not much use.
    To be sure in own type it needs to type people near you and to get good match to IR theory. If you did not, then this process still awaits.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which test did you want me to do for that?

I also don't understand what you mean in nearly anything you said. Are you Russian or just distracted whilst typing? Your phrasing is just odd and not in ways I'm used to.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. Well, I'm not even going to state what I think my type is until I get enough other people's opinions. I might not go with their opinions over mine but if I state what mine is, people are probably going to be biased towards either "yes, you are that" or "no, you are something wildly different". The polarizing effect of information is known, and I think it's similar to harmony in music. People have one note in their head, so if they hear a discordant one, they'll find that unpleasant. I think people generally have an idea in their head and don't like discordant ideas. Not different ideas per se, just ideas that are different in specific ways. Also, I'm really curious what people think without my input, because there's something about how I talk that often makes people even more polarized.

Yeah, there's a lot of bias against S that I think is unfair, because S seems like they can be kind of cool. Every type seems like they can be cool when put in the right situation. I also think there's a lot of anti-F bias as well in Myers-Briggs, but not as strong as anti-S. J also tends to get "cooler" types (although only slightly) and so does I, although businesses using the test for job assignments seem to prefer Es so that's the weakest one.

Also, thank you for saying I seem interesting. That might not be in a good way. It's probably just neutral though.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post

i think he is trying to tell you that you need outside opinions about your type and proof of accurate inter-relational experiences (that match up with the theory for your type; for example, if you are IEE, then you will have "contrary" relations with IEI) before you can claim it with certainty
    Well, I just noticed the contrary thing was a hyperlink, and I clicked it. If that's a thing, it probably explains why when I go to things about more unusual interests, I tend to get in a lot of fights and there are a lot of fights in general.

Now I have a question: Is the Internet mostly introverts or extraverts?

Edit: I saw you and I posted at about the same time. Thank you! Where is the questionnaire you'd like me to do? I actually mostly just wanted to sign up here to post my preferences for various things (mostly aesthetically) without being typed first and see what they aligned with as a sort of experiment and to see if my understanding was right.

And yeah, the feeling types in Myers-Briggs at least are thought of as generally OK if they're introverted, and as a bonus if they're judging, but still a lot below the thinking types in general (except I'm sure ISFP is "better" than ISTP due to the emo artist stereotype, but that's the one exception I can think of. With the Es ESTP is much better stereotyped than ESFP for example).

Edit 2: The Internet appears to be definitely mostly introverts, although not overwhelmingly according to socionics (by other systems everyone says "I love my alone time and extraverts are superficial frat rats! Also all geniuses are introverts and I want to be a genius!" and answers so they'll be an introvert. I've even heard "extraverts get anxious when they're alone" but frankly I think all healthy people like both time alone and with others).
    Last edited by Pallas; 09-22-2016 at 02:51 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    Aww, I don't want a video of myself on some random Internet site yet. Then everyone will know I go to this site. I can think of a lot of people who wouldn't be happy with that for various reasons. Plus I'm not even committed to this.

I do feel pretty 99% sure what my type is already though. I'm not going to say what I think because I don't want to bias people.

I do really like how the socionics test asks about specific behaviors rather than stuff like "being alone drains me" and I'm just like "I don't know, I don't think about things like that that much". I feel like most personality tests are really values tests, especially OCEAN (which is ironically the most "scientific" even though as I said I think it measures adherence to certain American cultural constructs, and I don't think "neuroticism" is a thing at all because being a rage machine and lethargic/depressed seem pretty mutually exclusive to me). I was very surprised by what I got. And my aesthetic preferences match it as well, which is so cool.
    Honestly, most socionists don't even rely that much on tests. It's much more reliable to interact with someone or watch a video or do an interview. You're right though, socionics deals with much more specific and well-defined categories than Myers-Briggs.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? It looks like even according to socionics (which is hard to cheat) there are significantly more than half introverts, but still a lot of extraverts.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    here's the questionnaire.
    This is a pretty decent questionnaire, who made it?