Thread: What's my type please ? (pictures)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my type please ? (pictures)

Hey everyone, I have been reading for some years now on psychology typing (enneagram, mbti, big 5, socionics), but always unsure of my type in most of them.
    I got almost always LII but still in doubt (with LSI and SLI), because i have probably an underdeveloped creative function, or just too much using of leading function.
    Last edited by Shining; 10-15-2016 at 10:05 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll look at these when I get home
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'll look at these when I get home
    You're in for a treat, Shining.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All I can tell is T. I'll need better pictures please one from the side
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

LII looks like it could be right. You look introverted. What do you mean your creative function is underdeveloped?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You look very INTx, LII is probably right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII or EII

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see where the LII typing is coming from, but there's something... out of synch for it.

The 2nd and 4th pictures are typically LII, particularly the 2nd. It has all the required attributes. But the 1st and last pictures show someone who is... quite socially aware. I'll try to explain.

The typical LII posse oscillates between the more serious mode, which shows an introspective and widthdrawn indidvidual who has a "barrier" between him an the external world and the happier mode, where the alpha Fe is quite visible. Its combination with Ne paints the typical "childish and naive" smile alphas are characterized by. Without the barrier, you can (sort of) see the "inner child" in alphas, even LIIs. Just an observational discription, by no means I'm putting negative connotations in this.

Pictures of forum members that I've seen representing this could be Labster and that balcanic guy whose username I can't remember, for the serious posse. The happy one is well represented in some pictures I've seen of Logos.

But in some of your pictures, particularly the 1st, your smile is... how to say, socially confident in a degree too high for the average LII. Like "I like this, I like posing" sort of.

Nothing I have said disqualifies you as a LII, but I would consider other options.

If LII+E3(w4) is a plausible combination (and I'm not sure) that's how I would type you, at least without further information.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ghost : I feel i lack alternate/new perspectives/reframing in some situations which i would attribute to a lack of Ne, due to maybe too much self absorption into Ti-Si.
    But however i often lack clear sense of conviction, which i guess for me would be Ne manifestations implying rejecting previous thoughts with new informations ?

@MensSuperMateriam : What other types would you think ? My E3 is weak however, i am E5 sp i think. (5w9w4 almost certainly)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You certainly sound Ti-leading. Let's scratch SLI off the list. I don't put much faith in VI, but you do dress the way I do, crack the teensiest smiles in photos the way I do, and stare off into the N-dimension, it seems.

Also, I doubted my LII status at one point too because the Ne desriptions are so full of hype. I think they are more desriptive of Ne-leading types. Quantity, not quality, you see.

The new purpose of this thread is to try to debunk LII rather than to find another type, as far as I am concerned.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shining View Post
    @MensSuperMateriam : What other types would you think ? My E3 is weak however, i am E5 sp i think. (5w9w4 almost certainly)
    Well technically I was not affirming you're an E3, as I think LII+E3 is an unlikely combination for anyone (not as unlikely as others but still very uncommon). It was more like an attempt of "painting the mental image" I get observing your pictures.

LII is probably the safest bet for the moment, although I see something odd in your kind of "LIIness".

Stackings is not my forte, but I doubt a strong introvert like LIIs usually are + sp first enhancing this aspect would adopt your confident posse in front of a camera. Maybe so first I would say.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@nickelslick : Ti-leading makes sense, perceptive dominant apparently have relatively smooth movement, mine are very sharp.
    Yes the descriptions putting too much emphasis on Ne could explain that.
    So my supposed lack of Ne and my difficulty to make choices when too many possibilities (in particular in practical things, like food, clothes...) led me to think it could be my polr.
    But i see myself very weak on Se for sure, i have a very hard time responding or applying volitional pressure, which seems like Se polr definition from what i read.

@MensSuperMateriam : I don't know, i thought almost anyone can fake a pose.
    Why not on so, but i am not very social and mostly avoidant of interaction when unecessary, but it's more linked to probable mental disorder.
    And i think i am more focused on my own safety first than bonding with other people.

@Sol : Maybe later if still undecided. But LII sounds right.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Waaay too dreamy for an aggressor, the soft gaze is supremely intuitive. Ij posture for days, oh my. I can picture you smiling when an ESE-Fe is around very well. INTx build. LII-Ti it is!
    Self-preservation first, perhaps.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i agree with all that, LII confirmed ^^, thanks everyone here !

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa I want you to type him!

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen ONE picture and im on drugs but lii a-> nope.

my guess (against all sober non instinctive typings) is IEE. Just based on the look in your eyes

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Also want to hug you and tell you its alright

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I Also want to hug you and tell you its alright
    Why? Is he dealing with a life crisis?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rougerogue View Post
    Why? Is he dealing with a life crisis?
    Why!? Can I only do that when people are dealing with a life crisis?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    W
    Self-preservation first, perhaps.
    yes, sp/so 9w1

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Why!? Can I only do that when people are dealing with a life crisis?
    I was attempting to understand your reason for making the statement. You can make such a statement whenever you like.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Reficulris : My Fi is very weak i think, so IEE is unlikely. Analysing my relationships dynamics indicate LII (beneficiary with IEI, benefactor with SLI, supervisee with SLE and supervisor with IEE all seems to work like described).
    @Ghost : Why do you think so second ? 9w1 is a strong bet but why not 5w ?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shining View Post
    @Reficulris : My Fi is very weak i think, so IEE is unlikely. Analysing my relationships dynamics indicate LII (beneficiary with IEI, benefactor with SLI, supervisee with SLE and supervisor with IEE all seems to work like described).
    @Ghost : Why do you think so second ? 9w1 is a strong bet but why not 5w ?
    I go by vibe. Mainly because you instead of researching socionics enough to be sure in your type, you took the short cut and asked for VI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I go by vibe. Mainly because you instead of researching socionics enough to be sure in your type, you took the short cut and asked for VI.
    I did research before, test but not enough to be convinced, information element (weak Fe,Se, Fi and probably Si too; for Ni and Te i don't know, not very used but i think i can be ok at least on Te) Reinin dichotomies (who doesn't work well for me, through self analysis i got unexpected dichotomies for any type).
    So i was left with INT but Ni/Te probably not valued so INTj.
    But Ne i am not sure too of his use, so maybe i was thinking i could be ISTj with an underused Se which could be amplified if i am 9 + sp. Or maybe ISTp but i don't think so, i am poorly aware of my own body even if i value taking care of it (meditation, breathing, healthy food...)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rougerogue View Post
    @Maritsa I want you to type him!
    Ok
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta with Gamma being a close second. Not Se-dom, and right off the bat you struck me as my LSI friend, fading slowly into weak Se. That's all I have for you

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah could be, years of doubt about Se or Ne creative (and polr so :X)