Thread: INTp Appreciation Thread: brag about ILIs here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTp Appreciation Thread: brag about ILIs here

That's right. This is a brag thread. Talk about all the things you enjoy/admire/like/respect about INTps here. Anecdotes are welcome, as well as what you admire/enjoy/like/respect about the type in general. Ready? Set. GO!

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking to one last night, and his way of thinking amazes me. Everything seems to be thought out 100x over before being said, and every thought he had was rock solid.

I support that.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am smarter than you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They tend to be funny when I'm just observing them interact with others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a special relationship with INTp type. Actually it is one of the few types I can easily establish relationships with. We just click. They could use a little bit more spice though and I don't like it when they get too much in love with their . They become extremely stubborn.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not nice to brag about people.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    it's not nice to brag about people.
    Really? Why?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Really? Why?
    words and sentiment must be rationed. why brag when you can quietly tell the truth?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

words and sentiment must be rationed.
    Why?

why brag when you can quietly tell the truth?
    The two are not mutually exclusive.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two are not mutually exclusive.
    i guess it's possible to brag and tell the truth at the same time, but bragging suggests proudly asserting something (not necessarily the truth) and it seems that people wouldn't have to overstate "the truth" if it were really true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

words and sentiment must be rationed. why brag when you can quietly tell the truth?
    Feel free to quietly tell the truth.
    =)

btw I think ur right
    I kind wish I would have worded the title/content of the threads in a different way...without using the word "brag". oh well....I think for the most part people still got the point tho....they're compliment threads...threads where you compliment types.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess it's possible to brag and tell the truth at the same time, but bragging suggests proudly asserting something (not necessarily the truth) and it seems that people wouldn't have to overstate "the truth" if it were really true.
    Are you being asked to overstate the truth?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you being asked to overstate the truth?
    not personally

but being asked to brag about something suggests being asked to say something excessively or emphatically or proudly or whatever-ly, which, imo, softens the truth.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not personally

but being asked to brag about something suggests being asked to say something excessively or emphatically or proudly or whatever-ly, which, imo, softens the truth.
    How can truth be softened? If it is true, then it is true. If truth can be softened by exclaiming it, then it must not have been very true to begin with.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can truth be softened? If it is true, then it is true. If truth can be softened by exclaiming it, then it must not have been very true to begin with.
    i don't think that makes sense.

let's say the truth is that mary was born in january 1960, but died exactly two months later.

you say "poor mary was born in the miserable winter of 1960."

they are not the same. you are emphasing the condition of the winter and mary's misfortune, not the fact that she was born in january 1960, and died two months later.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy how they omit capitalization and, at times, punctuation.

I also like how they write Harry Potter.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think that makes sense.

let's say the truth is that mary was born in january 1960, but died exactly two months later.

you say "poor mary was born in the miserable winter of 1960."

they are not the same. you are emphasing the condition of the winter and mary's misfortune, not the fact that she was born in january 1960, and died two months later.
    And? What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China? The statement is still true, but you are not softening the truth in either case. They may not be the same, but the different aspects of the truth are being emphasized in the two different statements, indeed as you indicate. Perhaps we have a different meaning of softening the truth here, because I still fail to see how truth is softened.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And? What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China? The statement is still true, but you are not softening the truth in either case. They may not be the same, but the different aspects of the truth are being emphasized in the two different statements, indeed as you indicate. Perhaps we have a different meaning of softening the truth here, because I still fail to see how truth is softened.
    the statement becomes opinion by adding "poor" and "miserable" and by eliminating the facts.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the statement becomes opinion by adding "poor" and "misfortune" and by eliminating the facts.
    Only a part of it is converted to an opinion as mary was still born in the winter of 1960: the condition of Mary and the state of the winter of 1960. Facts are not really eliminated if the facts are not entirely relevant to the point being made. True Statement 1 =! Statement 2, but Statement 2 did not necessarily soften the facts present in Statement 1, but merely emphasized different facts to make another point.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a part of it is converted to an opinion as mary was still born in the winter of 1960: the condition of Mary and the state of the winter of 1960.
    true, but the condition of mary as "poor" and the winter as "miserable" are open to interpretation. could she be literally poor? could she be misfortunate because she was born in such a harsh and snowy winter? could she be poor due to economic hardship during the winter of 1960, or does this adjective actually support the fact that she died so soon after she was born? we cannot tell.
    Facts are not really eliminated if the facts are not entirely relevant to the point being made.
    this is true, but again, there is no way to tell what point you are meant to extract.
    True Statement 1 =! Statement 2, but Statement 2 did not necessarily soften the facts present in Statement 1, but merely emphasized different facts to make another point.
    if we knew why the winter was miserable and why mary was poor, you would be right, but these two statements were not meant to be received at the same time. you simply know that statement 1 was was the true statement and the second failed to clarify/support it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true, but the condition of mary as "poor" and the winter as "miserable" are open to interpretation. could she be literally poor? could she be misfortunate because she was born in such a harsh and snowy winter? could she be poor due to economic hardship during the winter of 1960, or does this adjective actually support the fact that she died so soon after she was born? we cannot tell.
    this is true, but again, there is no way to tell what point you are meant to extract.
    if we knew why the winter was miserable and why mary was poor, you would be right, but these two statements were not meant to be received at the same time. you simply know that statement 1 was was the true statement and the second failed to clarify/support it.
    But there is also no indication that Statement 2 is necessarily false or not an equally true statement in its own right. In which case, additional facts would simply be needed to assess the truth of what is meant by the addition of "poor" and "misfortune," of which we lack.

Now if "being asked to say something excessively or emphatically or proudly" and softening the truth somehow means that such adjectives and uncertainty of meaning are to be removed as a method of strengthening truth, you are unfortunately left with an incredibly stale, if not dead, language.

EDIT: INTps like Reyn are great to discuss trivial topics like the above with.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Autistic Savants

This is a complement for them, and true. Therefore they will accept it.

Because otherwise it would be a lie and untrue and disingenuous. However they will be offended by this, I'm sure.
    Nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILIs dazzle me with their vision and how they think of everything related to a given topic. They will vociferously defend their views and condemn those that disagree to eternal damnation. And you'll believe they've actually got it coming. Arguing with them can feel like getting physically beaten with a truncheon. They have an odd preoccupation with the health of anyone.
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But there is also no indication that Statement 2 is necessarily false or not an equally true statement in its own right. In which case, additional facts would simply be needed to assess the truth of what is meant by the addition of "poor" and "misfortune," of which we lack.
    right, statement 2 is not necessarily false, but it's an interpretation of some set of facts -- either the facts presented in statement 1, some other set of facts, or a combination.

Now if "being asked to say something excessively or emphatically or proudly" and softening the truth somehow means that such adjectives and uncertainty of meaning are to be removed as a method of strengthening truth, you are unfortunately left with an incredibly stale, if not dead, language.
    yes, and there is value in offering various interpretations of facts.

however, on why it is unnecessary to brag about others or be bragged about: by observation and communication of the facts (and not an exagerration/opinion which is only possibly based the facts), the truth is likely to be revealed in a more sensible order, and more accurately. once necessary facts have been gathered, any new facts/interpretations can be considered, but the latter are extraneous until the basic facts have been established. of course, there may be value in knowing that somebody's opinion is that mary was "poor" and that the winter of 1960 was "miserable," but it can be deemed useless without facts which orient and give flesh to the statement.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

however, on why it is unnecessary to brag about others or be bragged about: by observation and communication of the facts (and not an exagerration/opinion which is only possibly based the facts), the truth is likely to be revealed in a more sensible order, and more accurately. once necessary facts have been gathered, any new facts/interpretations can be considered, but the latter are extraneous until the basic facts have been established. of course, there may be value in knowing that somebody's opinion is that mary was "poor" and that the winter of 1960 was "miserable," but it can be deemed useless without facts which orient and give flesh to the statement.
    Of course it is unnecessary and extraneous, but that has never really been the issue. Do not view this as an accurate presentation of truth, there are plenty of threads enough about trying to establish that, but more like a presentation of positive impressions made by a variety of types regarding an equal variety of types.
    Johari Box

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great at staying level and staying on task. I enjoy working with them, they help me a lot. They can be pains in the ass sometimes sure, but when they are focused on something, they can be really on their game, which is nice.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the INTPs I know are incredibly sexy, for some strange reason?
    ISFp <3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatik View Post
    All of the INTPs I know are incredibly sexy, for some strange reason?
    source: socioniko.net

Quote Originally Posted by socioniko.net
    Unapproachable and thus desired. A girl-student by the name of Laima (The Politician) gave a good description of this type when she tried to describe the hero of her dreams: "He must be handsome and smart, with big and sad eyes, not talkative. He does not tell compliments, and by that he creates an impression of his inapproachability. He is taunted by myriads of problems, which, in my opinion are nothing to be bothered with. I am attracted by his sadness, seriousness, so I try to amuse him, to raise his spirits, to make him happy. If such a boy is present at a party, I wouldn't be bored." This is a vivid description of this personality type, who is constant in his feelings, does not like adventures, and desires total dependence of his demanding partner.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They turn every conversation dull, stale, or hostile.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    They turn every conversation dull, stale, or hostile.
    All Gammas do so, except SEE's.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh i wanted to write a love note dedicated to ILIs for valentine's day but i'll write a little here. i love how they love debating but after the fight everything is cool- it's just a way for us to exchange ideas oddly enough lol. i love how they're good decision-makers and i love that i'm the only way that can make them laugh. ahhhh i just love them <3
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    i love how they love debating but after the fight everything is cool- it's just a way for us to exchange ideas oddly enough lol. i love how they're good decision-makers and i love that i'm the only way that can make them laugh. ahhhh i just love them <3
    Do you actually love them or the power you can exert to them ?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    They skillfully apply pessimism to almost anything. They can kill any good mood in a matter of just a few words.

"I got a new puppy! Isn't he so cute?"

"Yes, there is nothing cuter than the ominous stench of dog feces when you first wake up to get a cup of coffee. I pray you don't have an allergic reaction to dog hair, which is bound to accumulate into an inch layer of carpeting, nor to the new family of fleas that will surely move in within the next month. I'm indeed terribly happy for you. Shall you name him Fleabag?"
    Nice example haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILIs skillfully apply pessimism to almost anything. They can kill any good mood in a matter of just a few words.

"Yes, there is nothing cuter than the ominous stench of dog feces when you first wake up to get a cup of coffee. I pray you don't have an allergic reaction to dog hair, which is bound to accumulate into an inch layer of carpeting, nor to the new family of fleas that will surely move in within the next month. I'm indeed terribly happy for you. Shall you name him Fleabag?"
    HAHA that's great! I'm making it my signature!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Do you actually love them or the power you can exert to them ?
    i can exert power to everything and anything. i love them for them.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one INTp.
    He's really fun to talk to....a great conversationalist.
    Has a mind like Einstein.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    I know one INTp.
    He's really fun to talk to....a great conversationalist.
    Has a mind like Einstein.
    have you suggested ILE for him ?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They skillfully apply pessimism to almost anything. They can kill any good mood in a matter of just a few words.

As they say: you win. You know, I was basically sure that a friend of mine was not INTp until I came across that little gem. Ah, that sounds like his kind of sarcasm...
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.