Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod Novichkov's visual typing method

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rod Novichkov's visual typing method

Since Maritsa keeps pushing Rod Novichkov's visual typing style so much I thought maybe we could talk about how worthy or unworthy his methods actually are in the field of Socionics.

Here are links to overviews of his and Julia Varabyova's book titled How To Find Yourself And Your Best Match. Socionics The Modern Approach To Psychological Type.

How to Find Yourself and Your Best ... - Google Books

Amazon.com: How to Find Yourself and Your Best Match. Socionics. The Modern Approach to Psychological Types (9781430328155): Rod Novichkov, Julia Varabyova: Books

By Maritsa "anything fun is worth knowing about" (Tujunga, CA)
    This review is from: How to Find Yourself and Your Best Match. Socionics. The Modern Approach to Psychological Types (Paperback)
    Rod Novichkov, the author of this book, has given you his personal email address in the book to answer any questions you may have about the book and the process of Socionics. He's an individual who cares about the science behind this interesting phenomenon. I have purchased three copies of this book so far and people I give it to can't get over how bad their system of determining who they were going to go out was in the past. Certainly, a new way of looking at you and the people around you. Purchase this book for all your dating family members to help them decide on taking a conscious choice on choosing good relationships.

This is an excellent book on the theory of personality types. It is extensively detailed, broken down into digestible categories. My friend was asking what an extrovert is and how do I know which one I am and I couldn't explain it to him; I only knew that we were different. With this book you will be able to explain in clear words what differences there are between people. I'm an educated individual and I believe in keeping an open mind about theories that can be revolutionary. Socionics is the only way to have good relationships.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd be interested in Rod's explanation of his method, if he's willing to reply. cheers

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maritsa27.newsvine.com - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

on this site maritsa talks about socionics known by MIT. But I think she is confusing the socionics of augusta with another branche that by accident has the same name. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

on this site maritsa talks about socionics known by MIT. But I think she is confusing the socionics of augusta with another branche that by accident has the same name. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by maritsa
    I have studied Socionics Psychology from master Socionists, Rod Novichkov, MS and Dr. Antonina Volkova, PhD of Sociology University of Moskow. I am very excited that Socionics is being captured in the physics, mathematics, and genetic areana at Harvard University and MIT, here in the states, not only because the discovery of certain truths will provide fundamental scientific discoveried of how we are shaped, but because Socionics itself is a very exciting new way of looking at human psychology. I believe that unlike the western psychology we use here in the states, eastern psychology (Socionics) can truly help people overcome neurosis and even psychosis. Oh wait, I said nothing about myself...my Socionics type is EII/INFJ and I'm Armenian (it's kind of rare to find and INFJ in the Armenian community; I consider myself lucky in that respect). I'm getting my masters in Psychology and Sociology; hopefully, soon you will see me working at some university or another teaching Socionics.

Who is she anyway?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    Since Maritsa keeps pushing Rod Novichkov's visual typing style so much I thought maybe we could talk about how worthy or unworthy his methods actually are in the field of Socionics.
    I think it's been proven by her application that his methods are duff.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa
    I'm an educated individual and I believe in keeping an open mind about theories that can be revolutionary. Socionics is the only way to have good relationships.
    This last part is just gold.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    i'd be interested in Rod's explanation of his method, if he's willing to reply. cheers
    Does this mean that Rod has an account here at the 16 Types? If so why does he not speak about his methods and teach them if they are correct. But more importantly, how have his methods ever been proven. Are they just his and Julia Varabyova's opinions or is there some research, truth etc to back up these claims. Or is it all just about money - sales of books?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this mean that Rod has an account here at the 16 Types? If so why does he not speak about his methods and teach them if they are correct. But more importantly, how have his methods ever been proven. Are they just his and Julia Varabyova's opinions or is there some research, truth etc to back up these claims. Or is it all just about money - sales of books?

the16types.info Socionics Forums - View Profile: Socionics Institute
    IEE-Ne

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Add something from me. Tell him to take care.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have no idea suzy, that's why i suggested he answer these questions himself. according to maritsa, rod is the socionics institute user.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

WOW
    This feels like you're stalking me.

I would NEVER pull anything from the net about you to justify anything about you. I would ask. This is outright WRONG. And, not to mention, something that INFj's do NOT do at people.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maritsa, i think you've spoken about rod and other socionists publicly on the forum, you've also pointed people to your blog several times....What i'm trying to say is you have divulged most of the info suzy brought up yourself.
    edit: as an aside, didn't you address Rick DeLong in a similar way when trying to make a case about his type...?
    edit 2: also, everyone googles people these days. Why? Coz they can. And you have mentioned your typing method is the only one that works - people will google you when you make that claim. They want to know who you are and what your intentions are.
    Last edited by felafel; 03-30-2010 at 06:02 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

maritsa, i think you've spoken about rod and other socionists publicly on the forum, you've also pointed people to your blog several times....What i'm trying to say is you have divulged most of the info suzy brought up yourself.
    edit: as an aside, didn't you address Rick DeLong in a similar way when trying to make a case about his type...?
    edit 2: also, everyone googles people these days. Why? Coz they can. And you have mentioned your typing method is the only one that works - people will google you when you make that claim. They want to know who you are and what your intentions are.
    I did not look at his facebook account.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I did not look at his facebook account.
    no, me neither (primarily coz i don't care), but he's (apparently) a published author, maritsa. anyone can google a published author, it's not stalking.
    edit: to clarify, i was referring to Rod, not Rick.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

no, me neither (primarily coz i don't care), but he's (apparently) a published author, maritsa. anyone can google a published author, it's not stalking.
    edit: to clarify, i was referring to Rod, not Rick.
    So the method of VI was actually learned from Russian Socionists who have done research tying morphology (how a person looks) to their personality types. Rod learned it in Russia and I learned the methods from him. I learned how to identify types by written language from Russian Socionists.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, one of the "rules" of the internet is that anybody can look up anything. It's the "Information Age." So, if someone puts their name, or anything else about themselves, out somewhere public on the internet, it's normal and even expected that someone else will, generally out of curiosity, look it up to see what it's connected to. Most people thus far in this thread haven't been malicious, but rather investigative, which is not wrong, and in fact is even admirable. (I would think that you'd be happy people take you seriously enough to bother checking up on all this.)

Because this is one of the "rules" of the internet, that's why I am so careful with my private information. Most people are not going to be malicious, but there are enough who do have bad intentions to make it reasonable to be cautious and careful and restrictive of what information goes where.

So, if you don't want people looking up your name to see what they find, don't put your name out for people to see. Yeah, people should be nice and respectful with what they find. But the reality of the situation is that you can't control them, you can only control yourself.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the method of VI was actually learned from Russian Socionists who have done research tying morphology (how a person looks) to their personality types. Rod learned it in Russia and I learned the methods from him. I learned how to identify types by written language from Russian Socionists.
    ok, it's a good start. Can you back these methods up with proof?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ok, it's a good start. Can you back these methods up with proof?
    That's what I am working on, trying to put together studies to provide proof in the US context of scientific research; but the Russians have made a few studies.
    -

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I am working on, trying to put together studies to provide proof in the US context of scientific research; but the Russians have made a few studies.
    So, atm these methods cannot be established by evidence? However, you use them as if they were. Is there anything in particular that makes you believe in these unsubstantiated methods?

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, atm these methods cannot be established by evidence? However, you use them as if they were. Is there anything in particular that makes you believe in these unsubstantiated methods?
    edit: also, would you like to link to those studies? if they're all in russian and/or not online, maybe you could share the gist of any conclusions?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

edit: also, would you like to link to those studies? if they're all in russian and/or not online, maybe you could share the gist of any conclusions?
    I will ask them if I can have anything they have.
    -

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW
    This feels like you're stalking me.

I would NEVER pull anything from the net about you to justify anything about you. I would ask. This is outright WRONG. And, not to mention, something that INFj's do NOT do at people.
    This is the internet - A giant library full of information and I am doing my research in this library. If it happens that your name comes up often when one searches for Rod Novichkov's then it is because of things you have done, said or written.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think it's been proven by her application that his methods are duff.
    I agree but let me just give it a go by trying out these methods on myself because for all we know there could be some truth somewhere in all of this. Although the claim in the book of 'We think it is the only thing you need to know' scares me straight away and I see no signs that they have conducted studies except for looking at famous peoples photographs.

Ok when I look at the conceiving versus perceiving diagram on pg 53 it is clear that I have a conceiving type head setting.

So I will lock in XXXj. That was easy!

Next intellectual versus emotional. The book claims that intellectuals have a flat, relatively large and expressive forehead when compared to the lower part of the face.Whilst emotional people's foreheads are small and less expressive when compared to the lower part of the face which shows expressions.

This seems to not support what I have previously learnt in the past which is that it is extroverted types which have more expressive foreheads and introverts who have less expressive foreheads.
    This is one site that I have looked at in the past to see if visual identification could be applied very well in Socionics. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working properly at present as all of the sketches are not being displayed.
    Google Translate
    Just double checked that link and it's not working as it only takes you to the home page. Unfortunately it looks like you have to become a member before you can see the visual information now.

Also how does one type all of the more unusual foreheads like ones that slope back a lot etc by Rod's method?

So what forehead type do I have? Well clearly it's the small less expressive emotional one according to Rod's book.
    So I now lock in XFXj.

Now apparently the eyes can give away if you are using or or or .
    Extraverted intuition eyes Do I have those? They are according to the book piercing eyes. I do not feel that I have piercing eyes but yes I do stare at one spot. But it says stares with eyes and mouth (am not sure if my mouth stares, lol). Yes I can see peoples 'cores' and yes I always have problems memorizing word for word.

Introverted intuition eyes Are those my eyes? These are wide absent eyes, not pausing on any material objects. They give the impression of not seeing at all. Are my eyes like that? Well maybe they look that way, I often find myself just staring unfocusedly. If those are my eyes then I should be able to easily tell you what a certain character trait will evolve into after 30 or so years ( that's a mighty long time, I could tell you what it would evolve into in say 5).

Extroverted sensing eyes Am I using this type? Apparently these eyes move a bit. In fact they are called running eyes! They examine people head to toe not missing a single detail and they can recall these details even on the deathbed-scary! They also remember long passages of verbatim. Oh this one is so not me .

Introverted sensing Are my eyes using this? These are slow moving floating eyes.They look like they are scanning the background and are good at perceiving the relationship between objects rather than objects themselves. You could say that my eyes are slow moving but I fail miserably at percieving the relationship between objects as I often bump, bang and trip into things. So no.

I will lock in and eyes which overall gives me intuition eyes to lock in.
    So now I have XNFj.

Now am I introverted looking or extroverted looking? According to the book introverts are preoccupied with the internal processes which is reflected on their faces. They are often caught looking inside themselves or having an absent look. Yes I agree that I look like that.

Extroverts are dissociated from their inner world to a greater degree than introverts and display tenser faces. Their face reflects what is occurring around them which includes nothing if nothing is occurring. When they look at something their faces often seem passionate and engaged.
    Well I don't think that is me at all but it doesn't mean that I don't ever have passionate and engaging moments.

So I am now locking in INFj.

Yes that's what I think I am...but wait...there's more...

There are other important features to look for:
    The lips: To be an intuitive you have to have skinny lips. Oh no I have lips and that are not skinny as!
    Facial flesh: Intuitives NEVER have this.
    Oh no again. I have a little.
    The Body: Intuitives NEVER have a full body.
    Oh dear, I do.
    The Hands: This happens to be the MOST indicative feature. Intuitives have skinny, unshapely and knuckled hands.
    I fit that hand description except for the skinny bit!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    Isn't this just so baseless and ridiculous? That means that all people with weight in their face (most overweight people) must be S's... that N's can't be heavy (I have a good female friend who is INTj and is OBESE), and when I'm thin my hands are N hands, but when I'm 10-20 pounds overweight (like now) my hands are S hands.

This is a ridiculous measure. Ugh.
    Hi VixenDogFox if you go to pg.62 in this book overview link then you can read Rod's exact words.

As for Rod's comment that intuitives never have a full figure and that if you see a full figured person then he or she is sensory I find it to be very untrue and narrow minded in this modern world. For many things cause us to be overweight, here are just a few for starters:
    Hormonal changes
    Depression
    Lack of physical activity
    Insufficient sleep
    Medications
    Endocrine disorders
    Pregnancies changing a woman's body
    Menopause
    Genetic susceptibility
    Psychiatric illnesses
    Junk food addiction
    Thyroid disease
    As we age our metabolism slows down, occurring to a far greater degree in women than in men.

Maybe if we looked at the frame beneath the weight a truer picture would be seen...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi VixenDogFox if you go to pg.62 in this book overview link then you can read Rod's exact words.

As for Rod's comment that intuitives never have a full figure and that if you see a full figured person then he or she is sensory I find it to be very untrue and narrow minded in this modern world. For many things cause us to be overweight, here are just a few for starters:
    Hormonal changes
    Depression
    Insufficient sleep
    Medications
    Endocrine disorders
    Menopause
    Genetic susceptibility
    Psychiatric illnesses
    Junk food addiction
    Thyroid disease
    As we age our metabolism slows down, occurring to a far greater degree in women than in men.

Maybe if we looked at the frame beneath the weight a truer picture would be seen...
    I typed Plynex as an INTp dear, one of his comments was that he can eat anything and not have to worry about gaining weight, the same is true for me, INFj. Well, you have two people now to compare all this to and now you have Mindy's good friend who is ENFp who is also like Plynex and I.
    -

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree but let me just give it a go by trying out these methods on myself because for all we know there could be some truth somewhere in all of this...
    Suzzy, that was too funny lol
    PS: didn't wanna quote the whole thing

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed Plynex as an INTp dear, one of his comments was that he can eat anything and not have to worry about gaining weight, the same is true for me, INFj. Well, you have two people now to compare all this to and now you have Mindy's good friend who is ENFp who is also like Plynex and I.
    plynex also happens to be 19 maritsa....just wanted to point this out. Anyway, how did Rod arrive to that conclusion? And why do you believe it to be true?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

plynex also happens to be 19 maritsa....just wanted to point this out. Anyway, who did Rod arrive to that conclusion? And why do you believe it to be true?
    My mom is 57, an INTp, and has been 105 to 108 from the of 21 (except gaining 14-20lbs when pregnant). Endocrin system is the key.
    -

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom is 57, an INTp, and has been 105 to 108 from the of 21 (except gaining 14-20lbs when pregnant). Endocrin system is the key.
    ok, but why do you believe that weight-related typing is correct? there has to be a theory behind it, am i right?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ok, but why do you believe that weight-related typing is correct? there has to be a theory behind it, am i right?
    A lot is related and it's too complicated; the only thing to do is learn the perameters of VI and type and catogrize until someday, genome project can figure out what is happening on the cellular/hormone/chemical level of the body to produce each type.
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's... ugh. N bias taken to the extreme.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hormonal changes
    Depression
    Insufficient sleep
    Medications
    Endocrine disorders
    Menopause
    Genetic susceptibility
    Psychiatric illnesses
    Junk food addiction
    Thyroid disease

That N vs S weight-related stuff is garbage. I know tons of S's who can eat whatever they want and not gain weight either, so Maritsa's "evidence" doesn't really hold water. Weight ain't type related, Maritsa DEAR.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot is related and it's too complicated; the only thing to do is learn the perameters of VI and type and catogrize until someday, genome project can figure out what is happening on the cellular/hormone/chemical level of the body to produce each type.
    Well, when that day comes and it is figured out then it will be something to talk about.

p.s. The genome project by itself doesn't show what is happening on the cellular, hormonal, and chemical level. All it does is show what genes are out there. Then the real work elucidating proteins and pathways begins.

p.p.s. until that day comes you can't be so sure socionics is purely genetic. Nor can you be so sure the rules of VI that you learned are accurate. Furthermore, accuracy of any sort of VI paradigm also depends on the practitioner's ability to accurately observe their subject's characteristics (you are too confident in your ability to do so).

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is making me a little ill...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    This is making me a little ill...
    Tell me about it!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa: many people "like you" who can eat anything and not gain weight have a bodily change around 30 or 40 or 50 (whenever) or maybe if you're female when you get pregnant, and this changes completely. Not everyone, but this happens to MANY people. Do you switch from N to S at that time? I don't think so...
    my mom is 57; the visual perception of N types never changes at any weight or height.
    -

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOLY FUCK WHAT A STUDY

No wonder you buy into this bullshit, you're as stupid as a bag of stupid. Go learn how to think and then maybe you can play with us.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    HOLY FUCK WHAT A STUDY

No wonder you buy into this bullshit, you're as stupid as a bag of stupid. Go learn how to think and then maybe you can play with us.
    I am happy to provide the results of the study, when I finish it.
    -

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suzzy, that was too funny lol
    PS: didn't wanna quote the whole thing
    Thankyou, am glad it made you smile .

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Furthermore, accuracy of any sort of VI paradigm also depends on the practitioner's ability to accurately observe their subject's characteristics (you are too confident in your ability to do so).
    I agree.
    Maritsa: many people "like you" who can eat anything and not gain weight have a bodily change around 30 or 40 or 50 (whenever) or maybe if you're female when you get pregnant, and this changes completely. Not everyone, but this happens to MANY people. Do you switch from N to S at that time? I don't think so...
    I am sorry Maritsa but I do not trust any of your typing's of people.
    When I was younger I also could eat anything and would even say this when people asked why I was so skinny. All that really meant was that I still had a lot of learning to go through. For after 3 children and at the point of 5 miscarriages I started to get depressed and tired and became ill and the battle with weight began.
    I still have the same body frame which is a slim one, that hasn't changed, just my weight. So don't be so naive as to think that being intuitive will give you slimness for life.

Can I ask if the two of you know each other personally Maritsa since you claim to have studied Socionics psychology from him?

Could you please answer this question that I previously asked Maritsa. Have you personally met Rod Novichkov and learnt typing skills directly from him?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Could you please answer this question that I previously asked Maritsa. Have you personally met Rod Novichkov and learnt typing skills directly from him?
    Why do you care about this? He and I are friends.
    -

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you care about this? He and I are friends.
    You made the claim here : maritsa27.newsvine.com - Maritsa Darmandzhyan that you studied Socionics psychology from Rod Novichkov. I am just asking you to verify this claim. Did you or did you not study Socionics psychology (and I am not talking about looking at or just reading the book) from Rod?
    It's an easy question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast