TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm ISFj

I'm ISFj ... it all makes sense now.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HUZZZAHH

congratulations, you are now a bad ass Gamma Se type!!!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    HUZZZAHH

congratulations, you are now a bad ass Gamma Se type!!!

LOL, I like your brother's quote...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Gamma SFs (and proclaimed Gamma SFs) on here are weird.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

mixed with makes people look quite intimidating.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I know this is really stupid, but for some reason I never really wanted to be ESI, it just didn't "appeal" to me for some reason, but seriously, it's time I started facing facts.

First, I'm very logical and practical. I don't do things just to do them. I have a "master plan" and I follow steps to accomplish a goal and I don't deviate from the overall plan.

Second, I'm very good with money. I think this may be partially due to the fact that I'm not really as spontaneous as I once might have thought myself to be. I don't buy things on a whim or do things merely because I "feel" like it. I'm always very aware of what I am feeling, but I am more concerned with doing what makes the most logical sense at the moment.

Also, my best friend irl (the one who originally introduced me to all this personality type stuff...) has been telling me that I'm ISFj for a while, but I just didn't listen at first, haha.

There are literally dozens of others reasons that I could write and I know that the ones I did write are rather unconvincing and not all that specific to ESIs, but I don't like posting a lot on this forum because someone is bound to pick it apart and judge it negatively and that bothers me so I do my best to refrain from writing a lot and now I've already said too much....

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I've had a lot of close/serious relationships with other gamma types (certainly more than I've had with alpha types). My best friends growing up were ENTj/INTp (the INTp is still my best friend), and my first boyfriend was ESFp - we would probably still be going out if he hadn't lacked the motivation to get off of his lazy ass.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The Gamma SFs (and proclaimed Gamma SFs) on here are weird.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.
    I'm not sure why you mentioned this, but I am infact extremely weird (if I do say so myself). At least I'm described as weird by most people I meet, especially at work when they only get to know me for split moments at a time.

And regardless of how anyone might say it to me, as in...meaning it as an insult...it's absolutely impossible for me to take it as an insult. An EIE friend of mine made up a good saying, "If you're not weird, you're boring!" And of course this is broad statement that isn't exactly TRUE, but the sentiment behind I understand and share. Some one says I'm weird, I thank them. This is about the only compliment I can recieve without feeling weird about it. Ironically enough.

ANYWAYS though...that really sucks calenwen, about how you don't like to post here because people are so negative and pick you apart. Unfortunately I know this is very true and I can't blame you at all. This is part of the reason I don't actually discuss my type or how I've typed myself, I am ESFp BECAUSE I SEZ SO. Yesh. I've tried on occasion...opened myself up for whatever anyone had to throw at me, mentally prepared for all kinds of nonsense, tounge lashings and unfortunately abuse. But at the end of those adventures, it never really changes anything about how I type myself.

Some of the things you said don't necessarily sound particularly ESI-ish, like you said...however they can be I must admit. And...unfortunately (I'm using this word a lot today lol) I don't even really know much about you so I'm going to trust you and your best friends perceptions of yourself and welcome you yet again. WELCOME BAD ASS GAMMA SE TYPE!

Small question about the buying things on whim. Say you were hungry, and you had a big craving for a strange food...and you came across it while you were shopping...would you buy it for these reasons? Because if you're hungry, it's logical to eat right? And you'd want to eat what you craved, right?

lol @ lazy ESFp boyfriend. Whoops!!! But we just want to eat, sleep and play! Boo to hard work!! :wink:

@ Juju, omfg when he said that I laughed so hard. He came down stairs to my room asking for something good smelling he could put on before going out that didn't smell too girly, and he picked up something and acted like he was going to spray it in his pants. So I said, "OHH be careful that stuff is potent and strong you might not want to spray it directly on there! O_O" And he said, "I'm just kidding, I don't put cologne in my engine room. " And I said, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST CALL IT?!?!? LMFAOOO"

Yes, he has his hilarious moments...I don't know how he does it.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    First, I'm very logical and practical. I don't do things just to do them. I have a "master plan" and I follow steps to accomplish a goal and I don't deviate from the overall plan.

Second, I'm very good with money. I think this may be partially due to the fact that I'm not really as spontaneous as I once might have thought myself to be. I don't buy things on a whim or do things merely because I "feel" like it. I'm always very aware of what I am feeling, but I am more concerned with doing what makes the most logical sense at the moment.
    Doesn't really sound like ISFj at all. XXTj is lot more likely based on that information. Maybe ISTj or INTj.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Why not?
    ISFj would be unlikely to use word logical as the first thing they describe themselves as. Especially if the person has good idea what ISFj are like, and is trying show that they are indeed ISFj. Although some ISFj's might consider themselves to be logical to some extent, that's not the first thing that is likely to come in their mind when describing themselves. And then again other ISFj's might just as well hate idea of being "logical".

Because of combination of having Ni-HA, Ti-role and Te-DS, it's unlikely that ISFj would construct a "master plan" that they would methodotically follow through, or even like the idea of living like that. Rather the opposite, ISFj's worry about the future and are unsure about what will happen if they do the stuff that they have planned, and need the help or their dual in that regard. My sister, who is ISFj, pretty much makes her plans one step ahead, and even that causes worry in her. Any further "planning" are more in state of being goals than actual plans. Although ISTj's also have Ni-Ha, they are more likely to try to compensate that with Ti, and make a solid plan to follow.

Also more likely ISFj would want to give impression of being a down-to-earth "real" person, than a robot executing some plan. Closest thing to that, what ISFj's can do, is being professional and diligent about their work.

Lot of types are practical or think they are practical. Even type(s) that objectively aren't that practical resent the idea of not being called practical.

Being good at money doesn't imply that someone is ISFj. Doesn't mean either that ISFj's couldn't be good at money. The ISFj's I know personally aren't, but that's a very small sample of ISFj's. Likeing money or being good at money doesn't automatically imply Gamma.

Gamma-SF's do things based on how they feel. And if they want something they are going to get it. They aren't letting some regimented logic to interfere with that, rather than the opposite. ISFj's are considerably less impulsive than ESFp's though, but can still make rash decisions sometimes.

For example my sister is pondering to possibility of getting better education to get better work. And at the moment her foremost plan would require her to go to a college that's a boarding-school. But she feels, she's too old for that school, since she feels she's too old to "stay home with daddy" during the weekends, and paying rent of a empty apartment is too expensive. Also she doesn't like studying. To someone not caring about what they feel and instead following a plan, those would be of no consequence.

There wasn't really any fi in her post. No, mentioning a friend isn't enough

But all that was just based on what Calenwen said now.

It would also be easier and less time consuming for me, if people just accepted everything I say, without me having to elaborate
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even after reading warlord's post I still think she could be ISFj. I would say I am a logical person.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warlord, everything that you said made a lot of sense to me.
    Looking back, I see that I should have been more particular with my wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    My sister, who is ISFj, pretty much makes her plans one step ahead, and even that causes worry in her. Any further "planning" are more in state of being goals than actual plans.
    This sounds a lot like me, actually. I suppose most people would consider my "plans" to be more like "goals" since they are rather large and ... life-encompassing, but since I have an idea in mind of how to reach them, I tend to think of it as a sort of loose life plan? I don't plan my day-to-day life. I know what I have to accomplish every day, and I do it when the feeling is right.

My main worries are the future and not being productive enough. I think about these things a lot.

Also more likely ISFj would want to give impression of being a down-to-earth "real" person, than a robot executing some plan. Closest thing to that, what ISFj's can do, is being professional and diligent about their work.
    It wasn't my intention to come off as anything but (a "real" person). Haha, you must have a perfectly dreadful impression of me.
    The word "work" sparked a thought: I work hard. I get upset with the people that I work with because they are lazy slackers.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post

Small question about the buying things on whim. Say you were hungry, and you had a big craving for a strange food...and you came across it while you were shopping...would you buy it for these reasons? Because if you're hungry, it's logical to eat right? And you'd want to eat what you craved, right?
    I would only buy it if I hadn't caved to such whims within the last week or two and if it was priced reasonably.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...but I don't like posting a lot on this forum because someone is bound to pick it apart and judge it negatively and that bothers me so I do my best to refrain from writing a lot and now I've already said too much....
    I think you made a good self-typing.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I think you made a good self-typing.
    Haha, your positivity warms my heart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of combination of having Ni-HA, Ti-role and Te-DS, it's unlikely that ISFj would construct a "master plan" that they would methodotically follow through, or even like the idea of living like that. Rather the opposite, ISFj's worry about the future and are unsure about what will happen if they do the stuff that they have planned, and need the help or their dual in that regard. My sister, who is ISFj, pretty much makes her plans one step ahead, and even that causes worry in her. Any further "planning" are more in state of being goals than actual plans. Although ISTj's also have Ni-Ha, they are more likely to try to compensate that with Ti, and make a solid plan to follow.
    For what it's worth, a close ISFj of mind tends to 'appear' logical for that very reason. She stresses out so much over the future, and has such an aversion to the idea of 'winging it', that she has learned step-by-step logic is one of the things that'll get her through. Her plans for the near future are not often followed, but her method in completing the Now is logical and ordered.

It's clear that doesn't come easy for her, though. As an example, she tends to get really good marks in math, but it's because she devotes a lot of time to brute-forcing her way through the concepts. I will spend an hour on a subject and get it, with some details missing while she will spend three hours on it, not get as far, but know every step fully. She got extremely frustrated with me when I was learning calculus because I was asking about integrals before I really learned what a limit was. That I went on wikipedia and read about calculus was not the 'proper' way to do it. That I read the textbook out of order with the course syllabus earned me a similar reprimand.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-Diana

Warlord, everything that you said made a lot of sense to me.
    Looking back, I see that I should have been more particular with my wording.

This sounds a lot like me, actually. I suppose most people would consider my "plans" to be more like "goals" since they are rather large and ... life-encompassing, but since I have an idea in mind of how to reach them, I tend to think of it as a sort of loose life plan? I don't plan my day-to-day life. I know what I have to accomplish every day, and I do it when the feeling is right.

My main worries are the future and not being productive enough. I think about these things a lot.

It wasn't my intention to come off as anything but (a "real" person). Haha, you must have a perfectly dreadful impression of me.
    Yeah that sounds lot more like ISFj.

The word "work" sparked a thought: I work hard. I get upset with the people that I work with because they are lazy slackers.
    My sister works hard too, or at least wants to give impression that she does There's also this ISFj cashier at the store I go to, and she takes that work so seriously, that it's kinda funny.

INTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol working hard is so overrated.

It's clear that doesn't come easy for her, though. As an example, she tends to get really good marks in math, but it's because she devotes a lot of time to brute-forcing her way through the concepts. I will spend an hour on a subject and get it, with some details missing while she will spend three hours on it, not get as far, but know every step fully. She got extremely frustrated with me when I was learning calculus because I was asking about integrals before I really learned what a limit was. That I went on wikipedia and read about calculus was not the 'proper' way to do it. That I read the textbook out of order with the course syllabus earned me a similar reprimand.
    Yeah but only the ISFjs that aren't, so to speak, "dualized" will act in this painstakingly excruciatingly pain-in-the ass way

anyway, calenwel description does sound isfj-like to me!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post

Hm... this doesn't sound like something I would do/have done. With the exception of getting frustrated when people look ahead when reading a book, I don't tend to do homework/tasks/assignments in a particular order.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, don't take too much from the story - my typing could be wrong (though she agrees), or it could just be a personal quirk of her's.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype