Thread: Thinking I might be ENFp

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thinking I might be ENFp

After reading the IEE article on Wikisocion. Can anybody contest this?? I guess my biggest issue with it would be that I am way more attracted to extroverted guys with a good amount of Se and Fe, not guys that let me walk all over them. How ever, some parts resonated with me:

"IEEs will demonstrate inconsistent behavioral patterns to the objective, outside world. But to the IEE, these behavioral patterns are as a result of a relativist view of how they make their decisions."
    "The IEE is keenly aware of societal structures and affiliations that they belong to."
    "IEEs are "big picture" people: they easily grasp large concepts and effortlessly translate their observations into generalizations and trends."
    "IEEs have the capability and ability to be direct and firm with others in such activities as giving direct commands or making categorical statements about things perceived. However, the period of time when this occurs in an IEE is generally short-lived."
    "IEEs need to have quite a bit of free time available to investigate new opportunities, ideas, insights, and people that come along their way. "
    "IEEs tend to have a difficult time describing a concept or system in a manner in which the essential facts are all that is needed to understand or describe it."
    "The IEE is keen on accumulating factual knowledge on subjects of personal interest and those that help him be more efficient and productive, but he's often unsure of his ability to find and select the correct information and is therefore attracted to people whom he sees as competent in that area and reassure him. He prizes efficiency, and berates himself secretly for his own inefficiency. "

There are several parts that are NOT me, though:
    "When getting sick, the IEE may stubbornly refuse or "conveniently forget" to take any sort of medicine. Their chosen method of dealing with sickness and physical discomfort is ignoring it until it can no longer be ignored." I'm paranoid about getting sick
    "The IEE appreciates situations where people are enjoying a positive emotional atmosphere as in having fun and joking together, and is quite adept at creating them himself, but does not see creating or promoting them a top priority, nor does he actively look for people who maintain or need such an atmosphere; too high a focus on that is seen by an IEE as overdone." I value a positive emotional atmosphere
    "IEEs are concerned with the opinions and feelings of those around them and try to avoid saying things that would cause arguments and bad feelings. He does this effortlessly." I do NOT do this effortlessly in fact it takes a lot of effort
    "IEEs are naturally skilled at regulating the degree of emotional intimacy between people, which can mean being businesslike (yet polite) as well as warm and inviting." Not skilled at this
    "IEE very choosy of social situations -- whom to interact with, what group to hang out with, how much time to spend with which people, etc." I am not choosy who I hang out with as long as we have fun and do something fun

There are more but these are all samples. Sooo what do you think? I am probably IEI with high Ne but could I be IEE?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you say the extroverts you're attracted to have ESTp type qualities to them or ESTj? Would you generally be more interested in an ISTj type introvert or an ISTp one? I've been around a number of ENFps, and they don't really strike me as being crazy extroverted, you could easily mistake some of them for being introverts. I think the way to solve this is to determine whether you prefer Ne over Ni. In any case, I find I'm attracted mostly to extroverted women, and I'm definitely an introvert, so if you find yourself mostly attracted to extroverted men, that's probably a good sign that you're INFp, but I don't think it necessarily rules out being an ENFp though. And despite what a lot of profiles say about them, I don't get the impression ENFps are prone to causing a lot of drama or being in emotionally-charged atmospheres. They seem to have an awesome, but somewhat subdued friendliness about them. They can be physically affectionate to strangers after just a short while, at least from the small sample space that I was around.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yet another case of difficulty typing between extinguishment types. They can indeed be similar in a lot of ways. Luckily they are in opposite quadras which should make things a little easier.

Something I picked up on about Beta NFs is that behind their masks innocent lies these sort of "dark" interest. They often delve into things others might consider strange or morbid. (Human Centipede, anyone?) They express their emotions in ways that may seem eccentric to outsiders. Delta NFs, on the other hand, have a much lighter vibe to them. One trait they all seem to share in common is an adverseness to violence, not just to themselves but in society and culture as a whole. IEEs often like to stand up for people they see being abused or mistreated. Lets say some big thug-ish guy is beating up on some random defenseless person on the street. An IEI would be more likely to try to calm down the big guy and make him see reason, while the IEE would try to back up the guy getting beat up and bravely tell the bigger guy to **** off. (An EII in this situation would run and call the police. )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It may be your Te pole acting up
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

or INFJ, or other. without video it's doubtful to be sure. ENFP is close type to INFJ, wich I supposed by photo.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you have more photos?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You sound EII
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If your avatar picture is of you, then you have an IEI face and ENFP hair.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post

There are more but these are all samples. Sooo what do you think? I am probably IEI with high Ne but could I be IEE?
    In your own words describe Ne and Ni then describe a situation where you used either. It doesn't have to be long.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"IEEs will demonstrate inconsistent behavioral patterns to the objective, outside world. But to the IEE, these behavioral patterns are as a result of a relativist view of how they make their decisions."
    "The IEE is keenly aware of societal structures and affiliations that they belong to."
    "IEEs are "big picture" people: they easily grasp large concepts and effortlessly translate their observations into generalizations and trends."
    "IEEs have the capability and ability to be direct and firm with others in such activities as giving direct commands or making categorical statements about things perceived. However, the period of time when this occurs in an IEE is generally short-lived."
    "IEEs need to have quite a bit of free time available to investigate new opportunities, ideas, insights, and people that come along their way. "
    "IEEs tend to have a difficult time describing a concept or system in a manner in which the essential facts are all that is needed to understand or describe it."
    "The IEE is keen on accumulating factual knowledge on subjects of personal interest and those that help him be more efficient and productive, but he's often unsure of his ability to find and select the correct information and is therefore attracted to people whom he sees as competent in that area and reassure him. He prizes efficiency, and berates himself secretly for his own inefficiency. "
    Everything written here applies to all NF be they beta or delta.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've felt at times that ENFps are like IEIs turned inside out. Their sets of strong and weak functions is exactly same, only directed inversely. This creates some overlaps in strong and weak points. Being irrational, intuitive, tactical types they often face same kind of challenges in life (like streamlining their career path). This probably extends to other extinguishment types in general.

Easiest way to tell them apart is through intertypes: is LSE your "activator"? do LSIs feel like "conflit" types"? does ESE feel like "benefactor" in communication? Obstinate/yielding differences also tend to stand out - IEEs as "obstinate" types tend to be protective and formative of their interests and opinions, while IEIs simply get curious, and will dive into and readily share their interests with others: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...haracteristics

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like you're second-guessing yourself here. Parts of many type descriptions will fit you, but the question is which fits you best overall. From what I've seen of your posts, I'm pretty sure you're IEI, possibly with a Creative DCNH subtype (which would account for the ).
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It would be best to look at the difference between Fe and Fi. Fe is working very differently socially than Fi. As Aylin said once se would handle someone's emotions differently than I would. I'm inclined to subdue the situation through creation of a warm and safe environment where someone can talk one on one about what's bothering them while I think Fe types are likely to joke and lighten a situation
    -

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    It would be best to look at the difference between Fe and Fi. Fe is working very differently socially than Fi. As Aylin said once se would handle someone's emotions differently than I would. I'm inclined to subdue the situation through creation of a warm and safe environment where someone can talk one on one about what's bothering them while I think Fe types are likely to joke and lighten a situation
    Cool, I do tend to make jokes to lighten situations in that manner; I do this all the time haha.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Cool, I do tend to make jokes to lighten situations in that manner; I do this all the time haha.
    seems IEI to me! The NFs can look a lot alike sometimes
    -

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have more photos?
    IMG_2305.JPGIMG_1553.JPGIMG_1453.JPG

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Yet another case of difficulty typing between extinguishment types. They can indeed be similar in a lot of ways. Luckily they are in opposite quadras which should make things a little easier.

Something I picked up on about Beta NFs is that behind their masks innocent lies these sort of "dark" interest. They often delve into things others might consider strange or morbid. (Human Centipede, anyone?) They express their emotions in ways that may seem eccentric to outsiders. Delta NFs, on the other hand, have a much lighter vibe to them. One trait they all seem to share in common is an adverseness to violence, not just to themselves but in society and culture as a whole. IEEs often like to stand up for people they see being abused or mistreated. Lets say some big thug-ish guy is beating up on some random defenseless person on the street. An IEI would be more likely to try to calm down the big guy and make him see reason, while the IEE would try to back up the guy getting beat up and bravely tell the bigger guy to **** off. (An EII in this situation would run and call the police. )
    Hmm I do like strange and morbid things but I think this can happen with any type. I do love horror movies and reading about witchcraft and the occult though. This creeps out the ESTp I know hahaha

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I say IEI. You @Sol?
    -

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I've felt at times that ENFps are like IEIs turned inside out. Their sets of strong and weak functions is exactly same, only directed inversely. This creates some overlaps in strong and weak points. Being irrational, intuitive, tactical types they often face same kind of challenges in life (like streamlining their career path). This probably extends to other extinguishment types in general.

Easiest way to tell them apart is through intertypes: is LSE your "activator"? do LSIs feel like "conflit" types"? does ESE feel like "benefactor" in communication? Obstinate/yielding differences also tend to stand out - IEEs as "obstinate" types tend to be protective and formative of their interests and opinions, while IEIs simply get curious, and will dive into and readily share their interests with others: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...haracteristics
    I am pretty protective of what I believe in but at the same time I've learned that often it's just easier to agree with people so I tend to do that as well; it's easier than arguing and I have a lot of views that conflict with other peoples'. Those could always change though

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sounds dynamic "those could always change"
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hmm I do like strange and morbid things but I think this can happen with any type. I do love horror movies and reading about witchcraft and the occult though. This creeps out the ESTp I know hahaha
    I don't get this about Beta types. Please someone explain. I like simple things. Shows like "tiny houses" "the bachelor/Ette" "how it's made" "pown stars" "American pickers" all are down to earth, real, honest, everyday life kind of shows. With real people and real things.
    -

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@summerprincess idk what type you are, but have you considered EIE or SEE? just throwing it out there if you're considering being extraverted. a lot of people have come to the forum originally self-typing as IEI, and later realize they're actually some kind of ExFx.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@summerprincess purely based on your profile pic i thought 'oh could be EIE' a while ago (before you opened this thread). i didn't think of it much back then, since it was just a fleeting impression, but you strongly resemble EIEs i know in real life. so, i suggest you to consider that type as well.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    @summerprincess idk what type you are, but have you considered EIE or SEE? just throwing it out there if you're considering being extraverted. a lot of people have come to the forum originally self-typing as IEI, and later realize they're actually some kind of ExFx.
    I'm not a sensing type at all; that much I know and umm EIE is more my mom than me. I don't see myself as very EIE ish but somebody could make me change my mind

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you are. You neither look, nor sound like one. I'd stick to Ni-Se.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't see myself as very EIE ish but somebody could make me change my mind
    If somebody will see your video, then will be possibility to have sure opinion about your type. Without it it's more like game, than typing as half of information is lacking.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't see myself as very EIE ish but somebody could make me change my mind
    If somebody will see your video, then will be possibility to have sure opinion about your type. Without it it's more like game, than typing as half of information is lacking. As for now, I incline to INFJ based on your talking style and photos.

this girl

is probably Fe type. mb INFP

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Eie or see if extroverted you are clearly se valuing.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The person in the avatar looks beta NF, mhm.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEI tend to have bigger eyes and lips than me I find and I find that IEI can look like SEI sometimes too. My IEI friend looks so much like an SEI.
    -

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    Eie or see if extroverted you are clearly se valuing.
    How am I se valuing????

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    If somebody will see your video, then will be possibility to have sure opinion about your type. Without it it's more like game, than typing as half of information is lacking. As for now, I incline to INFJ based on your talking style and photos.

this girl

is probably Fe type. mb INFP
    She's my best friend and she's an ISFp I'm like 90% sure

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She's my best friend and she's an ISFp I'm like 90% sure
    wow you're right. she is.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How am I se valuing????
    you like experience for it's own sake; your purpose is not to give moral support so that's not your program function; you're marry type as you laugh at yourself at the silly things and you like to be silly just like your dual.

-

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you like experience for it's own sake

Hmm that's true but I would much rather be in relaxing situations then be up and doing active things. I've always had bad coordination and been bad at sports as well, I like chill and agreeable environments.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hmm that's true but I would much rather be in relaxing situations then be up and doing active things. I've always had bad coordination and been bad at sports as well, I like chill and agreeable environments.
    hum..I've considered this about you and I've also considered ENFp because of this for you. So which do you like more? ISFp should be illusionary to dual and thus provide the part to ENFp. Is this what you like about her?
    -

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're hot.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hum..I've considered this about you and I've also considered ENFp because of this for you. So which do you like more? ISFp should be illusionary to dual and thus provide the part to ENFp. Is this what you like about her?
    We have the same types of attitudes towards things but I am more outgoing and help her come out of her shell and she is a little less uptight/doesn't take herself as seriously as I do. We just get along well and talk to each other easily.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We have the same types of attitudes towards things but I am more outgoing and help her come out of her shell and she is a little less uptight/doesn't take herself as seriously as I do. We just get along well and talk to each other easily.
    How are you with time management?
    -

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you with time management?
    Not good; I'm very unorganized. However if I make plans with someone I'm usually not late and lateness irritates me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast