vote

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ath View Post

Is INTx a good type to be though? Seems like a loser type. And looking back, I definitely was somewhat deluded in the past. Wasting one's time being deluded only to find out latter truly is sad. I clung to some emotionally infantile fantasies and plans, but as I learned more and became more aware, things weren't that simple after all. At the root of it was a rage at past injustice seeking to ascend above the perpetrators by reaching idealistic, far-off goals. I seem to have improved as far as motivation and awareness goes. I don't learn that well by experience it seems. It's like things just are a hodgepodge which don't make sense without knowledge like psychology, philosophy, socionics, politics, statistics etc to support an understanding of things. This could be holographic-panoramic cognition, but it could be too, for all I know. I'm not that conventional, overall.
    "What type does xxxx" is what I notice you ask a lot of, which seems like a way of narrowing things down to a result, yet I don't type you as a result type, at all, I type you something like a mix of constructivist, maybe, strategic, maybe, and declaring, maybe; I really don't see you as INTj or INFj because you ask questions like "is this a good type?" Both INTj and INFj, despite type, see the possibilities, the good in each type, so neither one's likely to consider good and bad as being part of a type. That you do and you wonder rules you out of that.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

definitely merry.
    intuitive.

alpha nt is the intuitive & "obvious" answer for me and probably what i'd say without any other input. but ive heard beta nf enough from smart people to make me second guess. i'm waiting to vote to see if anything in this thread locks it in. (which was part of my reason for making it)
    based on post #3 i'd scratch out EIE though.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can't click like or constructive, hkkmr took that away from me.
    @Maritsa: Interesting. Well, I don't wanna pass any absolute judgements on any type yet, but I'm searching for the negative sides of type so that I can be prepared and aware. I'm steadily getting closer to having a comprehensive view of the different types though, even though I still may have long to go. Which type do you think I am?
    I have not interacted with you enough to tell
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't interacted with you enough to be too sure here, but I'm thinking you're (INTp). (which people could easily mistake for (INTj), its quasi-identical, but is really quite different) First of all, that whole post oozed perceiving to me; all that uncertainty, chaos and unstructured way of presenting information. Secondly, you seem to focus a lot on the flow and development of things through time, which fits with . Finally, being described as cold, being concerned with justice (rather than something more emotive in nature, like mercy or love) fits with a creative.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

he's responsive and doesn't get defensive and argumentative when i tell him he's gone too far, which would make him unusual compared to my interaction with other ILEs.

but i don't think he's ILI.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Smartass,

You are 100% Rational, 71% Extroverted, 86% Brutal, and 86% Arrogant.

Time Perspective

Past-negative: 2.00
    Past-positive: 2.56
    Present-fatalistic: 1.89
    Present-hedonistic: 2.00
    Future: 3.31

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello i am here.

i have wondered if ath is IEI. the only reasonable alternative is LII, but i'm not so sure about Ti-dominance.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LII can work.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LII >>>>> IEI is where i'm at. i'll vote.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After asking some people I know, I was told I was cold, unfeeling, pessimistic, competence/strength/what one deserves > all else, isolative, occasionally given to strong raging and somewhat behind socially when younger. I still have traces of all of that. I definitely am more depressive, passionless, lazy and negative in general, I need to know it truly is worth it before I commit. I could easily see myself as socionics INTx, in fact this was what I gravitated to at first. It was partially due to self-typing INTX in MBTI, though.

Is INTx a good type to be though? Seems like a loser type. And looking back, I definitely was somewhat deluded in the past. Wasting one's time being deluded only to find out latter truly is sad. I clung to some emotionally infantile fantasies and plans, but as I learned more and became more aware, things weren't that simple after all. At the root of it was a rage at past injustice seeking to ascend above the perpetrators by reaching idealistic, far-off goals. I seem to have improved as far as motivation and awareness goes. I don't learn that well by experience it seems. It's like things just are a hodgepodge which don't make sense without knowledge like psychology, philosophy, socionics, politics, statistics etc to support an understanding of things. This could be holographic-panoramic cognition, but it could be too, for all I know. I'm not that conventional, overall.
    GOD this is fucking depressing.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ILE, not introvert

He talks about himself too much(for attention), attention seeking, a bunch of extrotim traits.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wanted to vote SEE as well.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't see anything other than ILE. Like his rants are your typical positive-extravert-EP behavior (which I personally really like lol).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Can't see anything other than ILE. Like his rants are your typical positive-extravert-EP behavior (which I personally really like lol).
    Very hkkmr like, besides labcoat adores them as well.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What are those philosophies you speak of?

Oh, I see after updating your thread you went full korpsey adding every test you took. Must be ILI now.
    Last edited by Absurd; 03-19-2013 at 06:48 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you "come up with ALL these ideas"?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Maritsa what exactly do you mean? If you're refering to my philosophical vagabonding then no, I didn't invent them myself. I just visited tons of "abstract locations" so to say, with quite some emotional investment while I was still there...

Edit, as this may be relevant: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Types-Gulenko

I relate most to subjective idealist, of them least to EII. I guess I could relate to LIE somewhat too.
    I don't understand how you can't see your base function; looking at the description of the functions, you can seriously tell me you can't see which one you do?

-

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One very useful resource for typing people in my experience is Socionic Types and their Overall Moods as it gives a description of each type's intuitive "feel"
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    ILE, not introvert

He talks about himself too much(for attention), attention seeking, a bunch of extrotim traits.
    First off, HI! Because I haven't talked directly to you in ages.

Second, I just want to throw in a clarifying question. I've been told that people who talk about themselves more than objects outside of themselves tended to be intratims or is that Jungian introversion?

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For information's sake, some people thought tcaud may be beta NF.
    Change your username for Tcaud so people can focus on you more than they do now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taciturn > Narrator i.e. Asking > Declaring. N > S. I also think Ne > other functions, but with less certainty.
    Last edited by Trevor; 04-03-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ath, you have so many developed ideas about socionics, whats stopping you from choosing a type?

you're just keeping it a secret, arent you?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ath
    After asking some people I know, I was told I was cold, unfeeling, pessimistic, competence/strength/what one deserves > all else, isolative, occasionally given to strong raging and somewhat behind socially when younger. I still have traces of all of that
    Some people you know are that honest?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-INTj

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Imo, Ne-ILE fits Ath the best. His PoLR seems quite evident to me and his seems to be his role function instead. Also he comes across as very ExxP as opposed to IxxJ from what I have seen of him. He doesn't seem composed enough for even Ti-ILE to fit. I won't rule out the possibility that he's an Ne-LII that leans heavily towards , but I think it's unlikely compared to Ne-ILE.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    ya i think taciturn as well. how is he Fi-polr? @Raver
    @Ath: what you described seemed strategy to me *shrug*
    Imo, he seems to just blurt out whatever is on his mind with little regard on what others think of it or if it might upset some people. It's not really a bad thing though as I generally find what he says to be refreshing. Of course, non-type related factors could have some influence on this as well. Also, I have a question for you: How is he IxxJ?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ATH, I should get serious about typing you.

Um, if you've got an introverted function as a base, that's going to be hard for me to see on the internet, for obvious reasons; because, introverted functions don't appear well, except trough activities and I haven't observed much of your activities over a fair amount of posts to tell what it is that you're doing; what is interesting to me again is that you attempt to clarify your knowledge of the types based on what it is that they do; in this, you ask "Maritsa which type is likely to do [whatever]."

You're doing a fair amount of observation and application. And what's interesting is that you're almost bringing knowledge and observation together. This stuff is in the realm of rationality. Although I must be honest that even irrational types do rational behavior, and it would make one seem as though that the irrational is rational (now we're in Princess Bride with the poisoned wine scene).

I had a good example of this from my pm exchange with Minde way back when I determined that she is indeed an irrational type, which I never posted on the forum, eh whatever. I don't know if I can recreate that test. darn it. I have a print out some darn place.

I'm betting on Ti something, maybe. Because of these reasons; you're seem to gather info on type and as you said have a "comprehensive view of types before you make a decision." All info in, categories, then decide, for yourself instead of "yeah, that fits best and that's what I am." You're taking way longer to decide which type you are only because you need more info about everything available before you can make a decision; I would say ISTj seems closer to you now than other types.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm so close to typing ISTj.
    -

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel like i should veto an intj typing, not for petty vengeful reasons but simply because i think the most informative thing i can communicate to people here is that i really just don't get identical vibes from him.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INTj - basing a lot from a little
    ISTj - basing a lot from a lot

I see more ISTj
    -

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i don't know that he is IxxJ. i think that might have been other people suggesting it. i've said he is not alpha, otherwise i'm trying to inch-type him. entp are causal-determinist (or some formal name), which seems to relate to making certain assertions. he's too cautious for that, esp. wrt theory. i've had some more thoughts scattered about the thread if you have time (re. intj etc)

i'm not sure blurting things out is fi-polr. fi polr for me seems to be taking things personally, esp. when negative, avoiding some kinds of responsibility, and generally making things about "me me me". /0.2 cents

ps: maritsa, pls. don't hijack thread with irrelevancies. k, thank you.
    I see, I don't really know or use any dichotomies to be honest so I can't really offer my insight in that area. I generally agree with your points about PoLR as it's not a cut or dry definition so any statements I make about it should be taken with a grain of salt. ILE makes the most sense to me, but I would consider other possibilities for him. However, suggestions like LSI just seem way off the mark to me.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've been quite obnoxius over the years. I had quite a few depressive periodes when younger, but would also go around in my home, telling myself that I was "the best". I had an IEE teacher once, and in emails (w/ assignments) sent to him I would spam the titles full of random, obnoxius words e.g. "skate roll yeah rush blahblah!!1". I wrote down a bunch of random shit on blackboards with the two EII teachers I had, on one it was a one time occurence. I was kinda troublesome during school, in particular I remember one in 4th grade who I had many small scuffles with. I would give ridiculous answers intentionally during 9th grade to a ILE teacher. I didn't mind breaking rules such as cheating on tests - school exploits students anyway.

@Maritsa: I have thought all a long I'm intuitive. I've only met a few LSIs but to me they seem to make mountains out of molehills.
    @lungs nope, I'm just very skeptical/thorough. That's why in my first type thread I wanted VI-based typing only, as it seemed the most secure typing method to me.
    So, if you can type the whole world, why can't you type yourself? Where is your Vi thread?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Maritsa: I can't type the whole world. And I find it hard to type myself as it all gets too subjectivized when I try to do it, there seems to be too much "noise" and I also lack life experience, to an extent. When I first found socionics I thought INTx as that fits lifestyle stereotypically and I'm MBTI INTX. Here's my OLD VI thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...hat-do-I-VI-as
    I originally typed you LII or LIE, now I'm throwing in LSI. hum.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INTp and confirm
    -

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    INTp and confirm
    Wow that was a quick 180! At least ILI is more plausible than LSI for Ath.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the pictures I'm thinking either Ni-INFp or Ni-INTp.

Before I saw the pictures, I voted for ili.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Ni-INFp, with ILI being the second-most likely (in my opinion). You look introverted and irrational. You seem dynamic.

Nevertheless, it's interesting that you got the Marketing Character on a test, and that a lot of people think you're Alpha. In this thread I associated Marketing with Alpha, Extraverted and perceiving temperament, as well as Fe-valuing/Merry/subjectivist:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-and-Character

I think you might be IEI-ILI.

At the end of the day, self-typing can be a bit of a compromise. Before I ever went to a socionics forum, I thought I was INFP in Myers-Briggs and Kiersey typology. And when I went to the Socionics.com forum I also tested and self-typed as an INFp. Later on, of course, things happen in life and you're also influenced by people's negative opinions of certain types, quadras, etc... and you want to keep your options open... or whatever. Plus self-typing can also become really political... it's about fitting in, belonging to a group, not stepping on anyone's toes... For the most part I've never had any really good reasons to doubt my self-typing of INFp. Yet bearing that in mind, there are definitely at least some things that I don't relate to in INFp descriptions... and there are times when I can find things from other type descriptions that I relate to (even ESTj on the rare occasion). Type descriptions, in and of themselves, are rarely helpful. There is no simple and clear-cut solution to knowing for sure what type one is. Reading about the functions, dichotomies, etc. can be quite fascinating at times. Of course, Socionics is not a perfect science or system or anything... I gave my Mom descriptions of four of the functions without the names or the types or anything, and I discovered that she prefers Ni/Fi > Ne/Fe. A major issue in Socionics can be a lack of objectivity. The more you know about it and the more you're exposed to different prejudices, preconceived notions, etc. the more difficult it is to find out your type if that's what you're still working on. I'm assuming that someone who has less experience with Socionics and forums might actually have an easier time figuring out what their real type is since they'll be less brainwashed and indoctrinated by different people on the Internet, etc. with different ideas and theories regarding Socionics. Less signal and more noise.

fi polr for me seems to be taking things personally, esp. when negative, avoiding some kinds of responsibility, and generally making things about "me me me". /0.2 cents
    This sounds a lot like me. I definitely have a problem with taking things personally, etc. I'm probably not Fi-PoLR, so it may relate somewhat more to different Fe-valuing individuals who tend to suffer from feelings of (persecutory) guilt and/or feel victimized, threatened, judged, etc. in life [which is usually just a continuation of their (often primarily) repressed childhood history (including infancy), the birth and pre-birth experience, etc.]. I'm reminded of a quotation/excerpt:

"It may also be, however, that the patient displays uncontrollable feelings directed toward other, neutral people and speaks about his parents either without any show of feeling or in an idealizing manner. If the analyst focuses upon the early trauma, he will soon ascertain, by observing how the patient mistreats himself, how the parents once behaved toward the child. In addition, the manner in which the patient treats the analyst offers clues to the way his parents treated him as a child—contemptuously, derisively, disapprovingly, seductively, or by making him feel guilty, ashamed, or frightened."

Here's the more complete quote:

'If from the beginning, however, I confront the person who enters my office with questions having to do with what befell him in childhood and if I consciously identify with the child within him, then from the very first hour events of early childhood will open up before us that would never have been able to surface had I based my approach on an unconscious identification with the parents and their devious methods of upbringing instead of consciously identifying with the former child. In order to enable these events to come to light, it is not enough to ask questions about the past; besides, some questions tend to conceal more than they reveal. But if the analyst directs his attention to early childhood trauma and is no longer compelled to defend the position of the parents (his own and those of his patient), he will have no trouble discovering the repetition of an earlier situation in the patient’s present predicament. If, for instance, the patient should describe with complete apathy a current partner relationship that strikes the analyst as extremely painful, the analyst will ask himself and the patient what painful experiences the latter must have had to undergo in early childhood, without being permitted to recognize them as such, in order to be able to speak now so impassively about his powerlessness, hopelessness, loneliness, and constant humiliation in the present-day relationship. It may also be, however, that the patient displays uncontrollable feelings directed toward other, neutral people and speaks about his parents either without any show of feeling or in an idealizing manner. If the analyst focuses upon the early trauma, he will soon ascertain, by observing how the patient mistreats himself, how the parents once behaved toward the child. In addition, the manner in which the patient treats the analyst offers clues to the way his parents treated him as a child—contemptuously, derisively, disapprovingly, seductively, or by making him feel guilty, ashamed, or frightened. All the features of a patient’s early training can be detected in the very first session if the analyst is free to listen for them. If he is a prisoner of his own upbringing, however, then he will tell his supervisor or colleagues how “impossible” his patient’s behavior is, how much repressed aggression is latently present, and which drive desires it emanates from; he will then seek advice from his more experienced colleagues on how to interpret or “get at” this aggression. But should he be able to sense the suffering that the patient himself is not yet able to sense, then he will adhere strictly to his assumption that his patient’s overt attitudes are a form of communication, a code language describing events that for the time being can and must be reported in exactly this way and no other. He will also be aware that the repressed or manifest aggression is a response and reaction to traumas that at present remain obscure but will have to be confronted at the right moment.'
    Last edited by HERO; 04-05-2013 at 09:20 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i just love how stereotypically gay ath is. definitely a kindred spirit. <3

he's like so gay and nerdy and effeminate and cute and gay male trolling like. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast