Thread: SEIs-ISFps repressing their creative function Fe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEIs-ISFps repressing their creative function Fe

What kind of behavior would an SEI begin to exhibit if placed in an environment where they were strongly discouraged from using Fe for a period of several years? What function would they be most likely to adopt in order to compensate, and what type would this make them look like?

My guess would be that they'd end up using their Super-Ego functions?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    What kind of behavior would an SEI begin to exhibit if placed in an environment where they were strongly discouraged from using Fe for a period of several years? What function would they be most likely to adopt in order to compensate, and what type would this make them look like?

When anyone suppresses their creative they become inhibited. A suppression of creative is usually caused by an overstimulated PoLR. They would begin to use Te, but their extremely weak understanding of that aspect would make them appear as shells of themselves unable to interact with the world if Fe is completely suppressed.

This is my understanding anyway. It's far more likely that you're not SEI if that's what you're getting at.

PS welcome to the16types. Nice to see typoc members
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could never suppress an information element such as Fe.

At most you could suppress communication of recognition of said element to others and behavior associated with it.

But you are stuck perceiving with it no matter what.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    When anyone suppresses their creative they become inhibited. A suppression of creative is usually caused by an overstimulated PoLR. They would begin to use Te, but their extremely weak understanding of that aspect would make them appear as shells of themselves unable to interact with the world if Fe is completely suppressed.

This is my understanding anyway. It's far more likely that you're not SEI if that's what you're getting at.
    Well, the reason I was considering it is because someone suggested that that seemed to be my type after a long discussion with me. Before, I was trying to decide between LII and EII, had never even considered a Sensory type. The reason I considered SEI was because when I read the description... it reminded me of several descriptions of myself before age 14. After that, I was placed in an environment that likely had a lot of Te... and I become very sullen and LII/ILI-like. I pretty much spent the next several years acting very robotic and broken in public, actually being called "The Machine," and was just focused on doing my work mindlessly, unable to connect to people for fear of the consequences. I did recognize the Si stuff very clearly in my life, though it's not what I usually focus on because I do it automatically.

The person who was in charge of my life (my Dad) at that point was probably an LIE, though I'm not sure what effect that would have had.

So... is it possible I might have been an SEI when younger, but have been permanently changed into an SLI or LII by my environment? I'm just curious.
    PS welcome to the16types. Nice to see typoc members
    Oh, nice to be here. You mean you've heard of me?

communication of recognition of said element to others and behavior associated with it.
    That's what I was talking about, actually. The expression of Fe towards others being repressed publicly, or channeled into another activity, like writing or posting on the Internet.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure you can repress any behavior.

They would not use another function and especially not the super-ego. They'd probably just become fatigued, nervous, stressed, and constrained.

It would suck lol.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Sure you can repress any behavior.

They would not use another function and especially not the super-ego. They'd probably just become fatigued, nervous, stressed, and constrained.

It would suck lol.
    Okay, and could someone (especially an Introvert) who became fatigued, nervous, stressed, and constrained potentially just behave robotically, in a sullen fashion, and be afraid to let their guard down around people?

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure they could.

really that could happen to anyone, and I hope it hasn't happened to you =\
    The end is nigh

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon they'd focus more on Ti, which would probably make them more generally silent , though stubborn and quick to focus on others' errors. And they'd probably have pretty wonky self-esteem. This thread may or may not be applicable.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-bg

they get bad gas

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    they get bad gas
    And what type would that make them look like?

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    And what type would that make them look like?
    well you'd start to bloat, so a fat type. maybe ESTp or ESTj?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    well you'd start to bloat, so a fat type. maybe ESTp or ESTj?
    Why those types? I think SEIs are generally perceived as the fat and happy types. But that makes things too confusing.

Creepy-bg

Why those types? I think SEIs are generally perceived as the fat and happy types. But that makes things too confusing.
    maybe that's how SEIs get fat???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon they'd focus more on Ti, which would probably make them more generally silent , though stubborn and quick to focus on others' errors. And they'd probably have pretty wonky self-esteem. This thread may or may not be applicable.
    That's very insightful, actually. When this happened to me, I became horribly Ti. And had those same self-esteem issues.

I remember that before the stress was placed on me at age 14, I was occasionally interested in my computer, but more in whatever felt right or other people were interested in doing at the time. When the stress built (including sudden change, constant criticism, being controlled by my Dad) though, I found myself increasingly obsessed with understanding my computer, and various philosophical/theoretical systems. Almost as if my mind were grasping for something to hold onto.

When I look back, I remember being more SEI-ish, but after this happened, I pretty much have looked like a really weird LII-ish type and still have trouble getting out of that.

Well, I've never considered a Sensing type before, but it would explain a lot of things about myself that don't make sense with the other types I've considered.

Creepy-bg

yeah the Ti thing sounds right. I did the same thing, although the Fe repression was more something I did to myself after hitting middle school and getting teased relentlessly.

I went off on the maths.

very SEI before the teasing and teen age angst. then I went and hid inside for awhile doing the Ti thing. slowly came out of that through my 20s back into an SEI

Creepy-male

I shut down and just plain stopped interacting with anyone, period.

If the timeline in my head is straight, then yeah, I think sinking into Ti is why I turned into a forum troll for a while.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can vouch for the Ti thing totally. I was a bit of a loser when I was growing up, I was picked on constantly by my peers, so I looked for someone to be, which was my INTj dad. I learned all about computers, read all his old computer books, messed with old computers, read anything to not worry about school. And it worked.

Now I am giggly and comfortable with myself.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti can become fun if you develop it that way. Or you can develop into a ruthless killing machine.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Or you can develop into a ruthless killing machine.
    That can be fun too.

Creepy-male

That can be fun too.
    I'll kill you with ruthless hugs and tickling!

Well, the reason I was considering it is because someone suggested that that seemed to be my type after a long discussion with me. Before, I was trying to decide between LII and EII, had never even considered a Sensory type. The reason I considered SEI was because when I read the description... it reminded me of several descriptions of myself before age 14. After that, I was placed in an environment that likely had a lot of Te... and I become very sullen and LII/ILI-like. I pretty much spent the next several years acting very robotic and broken in public, actually being called "The Machine," and was just focused on doing my work mindlessly, unable to connect to people for fear of the consequences. I did recognize the Si stuff very clearly in my life, though it's not what I usually focus on because I do it automatically.
    This might also just be description of how Fe-PoLR always forms to it's final form naturally. Kids use more of all the functions in mental ring at first. But as they grow older the super-ego functions start to get more neglected, and also bad feed-back makes them wary of using them. I don't remember how it went with me in spesific, because I don't remember that much from my childhood. But on the pictures taken of me, the more younger I am the more expressive I'm in the pictures. You can think it as that the PoLR functions developement is much slower, so it's left at level of a child.

Basically both explanations are possible.
    Last edited by Warlord; 06-09-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    I'll kill you with ruthless hugs and tickling!
    Awesome! Except that at the end of it, I'd be dead, so . I'll give you a call on my deathbed.

Just like to assure any concerned moderators out there that this exchange between Gulanzon and I is actually on topic. We can elaborate if pressed.

Apologies to athenian200.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to this idea a lot. These teenage years are tough. You know everything is going to turn out fine, but still you feel so rushed and that you need to explain everything. You think you're smarter that you really are. You're antisocial almost, rather you feel this antisocialness come in waves, as if that Fe is just slowly burning out. I was always shy, Fe repressed as a child. Something internal like that is hard to express, even though you're feeling it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    This might also just be description of how Fe-PoLR always forms to it's final form naturally. Kids use more of all the functions in mental ring at first. But as they grow older the super-ego functions start to get more neglected, and also bad feed-back makes them wary of using them. I don't remember how it went with me in spesific, because I don't remember that much from my childhood. But on the pictures taken of me, the more younger I am the more expressive I'm in the pictures. You can't think it as that the PoLR functions developement is much slower, so it's left at level of a child.

Basically both explanations are possible.
    I suppose that is possible. Interesting... I suppose I should try to identify my PoLR.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I can relate to this idea a lot. These teenage years are tough. You know everything is going to turn out fine, but still you feel so rushed and that you need to explain everything. You think you're smarter that you really are. You're antisocial almost, rather you feel this antisocialness come in waves, as if that Fe is just slowly burning out. I was always shy, Fe repressed as a child. Something internal like that is hard to express, even though you're feeling it.
    Yeah, it did seem like it was burning out... and it probably didn't help that the few people I found I could relate to were LII-ish types. The few in real life, and the ones in Internet communities.

There are so many opinions and possibilities, though. Maybe it will be clearer after I've actually figured out who I am and how to motivate myself.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it did seem like it was burning out... and it probably didn't help that the few people I found I could relate to were LII-ish types. The few in real life, and the ones in Internet communities.

There are so many opinions and possibilities, though. Maybe it will be clearer after I've actually figured out who I am and how to motivate myself.
    You'll find out what you need to find out, eventually.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, and could someone (especially an Introvert) who became fatigued, nervous, stressed, and constrained potentially just behave robotically, in a sullen fashion, and be afraid to let their guard down around people?
    Totally, yeah. I know an SEI who was under a lot of stress and suppressed the expression of emotions for a long while and he seemed super unhappy. There were reasons for it, which were fleshed out over time and he's over it now but it ended up making him seem SLI (imo anyway) although if you knew him well, you could tell it was painful and not just his regular self.
    IEI-Fe 4w3