0 Thread(s)

Default Differences between SEI-ISFp and SEE-ESFp

Fe and Fi... Se and Si?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both! And temperament!
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say Se and Si differences would normally be more apparent, seeing as both have the other's creative function as their own 8th function, whereas each's dominant function is the other's 7th/"ignoring" function, which is less prominent in behavior than the 8th.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEEs have really wild inner imaginations that they tend to even disregard, where as SEIs are like the opposite, I think... they try hard to make things weird. SEIs are also more inclined to laugh at people for acting retarded, literally acting retarded. SEEs might laugh at someones uniqueness, for reasons of say, not being cool enough. SEEs express their seriousness of relationships more, and SEIs express their public social status more, through various demonstratives or chortles. They're also opposite when it comes to sensing. SEIs always like the physical atmosphere to be warm and try to keep that level of peace even when there is none. SEEs more so want to be involved in the physical atmosphere and even tend to just like chaos for the sense of stimuli, keeping things interesting, and doing something. SEIs are also inclined to take more showers and usually like the taste of strawberries.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEIs are more relaxed and go with the flow (IP) while SEEs seem to want to control the flow (EP) be it to get people excited and moving at times (when at energy high) or forcibly calm people down (energy low). I personally find SEIs very hard to get to know well as much as I try to pry into their inner worlds while SEEs are more willing to let people in if you pry (in my experience). SEEs seem to want more social attention than SEIs. Those are just a few of my observations.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    I think the most obvious difference is that SEI tends to be under-confident wile SEE to be over-confident.
    and what if my confidence level depends on the events happening at the time?

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.......

Ok, here's an idea. Compare Merky and I....Where do we differ?

I think it is rather blatant when you consider it that way. I see differences there. Also, I am by no means under-confident, I'm extremely confident within myself. I think perhaps SEEs are more outwardly spontaneous in situations where an SEI may have an opinion or idea, but may suppress it based upon social temperature at the time, where an SEE may just "dive right in" and enjoy the consequential shake-up.

Perhaps they are more outwardly expressive, even though we would both have some similar ideas and/or ideals?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse me for using personal examples, but comparing my SEE friend and I..

She tells a story in a way that demands your undivided attention. Like "ok, I'm talking to you now and gesturing at you and widening my eyes for your benefit" - you can't really take a bathroom break in the middle without being made to feel pretty rude. If you listen all the way through, you're rewarded with the punchline at the end. You probably won't see it coming, because she likes making you wait for it. I try to make a story entertaining throughout (relatively), because I wouldn't expect people to keep listening otherwise. Please walk away if you want to. Help me out if you care to. I dislike punchlines.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's perfectly ok to use your real life personal experience, I'd say mandatory, as long as you use correct typing.
    It's the way to increase type knowledge beyond information supplied in type descriptions.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shit.... im still having hard time to decide which one i am...

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are very different from each other: I'll try to write a little sarcastic profile of the SEIs and SEEs I know.

SEI

Loves rest, comfort, relaxing, wasting time, sleeping, watching TV, so they are usually fat
    Loves to describe things (colours, shape, etc)
    Loves to go shopping
    Moody
    Skeptical
    Unreliable
    Boring
    Prone to cheat on spouse
    Somewhat attracted to science, maths
    Can have high IQ
    Prone to smoke hash
    Dislikes pushy people

SEE

Loves action
    Can be funny
    Wastes money
    Unpredictable
    Skeptical
    Prone to talk about his/her sexual desire
    Somewhat loyal
    Somewhat attracted to business, law, procedures
    Not very likely to get high IQ in tests
    Prone to take hard drugs (cocaine)
    Dislikes lazy people
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

post some pictures and we can VI you.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    I have made a VI thread somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Fe and Fi... Se and Si?
    There's really lot of differences.

Asking people to tell here on the board is just useless. Because you get lot of different kinds of opinions, and you have no way knowing who to really trust. Lot of them are just stereotypes, that you don't really fit.

The girl in the music video you posted yesterday on the chat, was clearly Se-dominant based on the interview. You should have posted the interview, instead of the music video for typing! Especially since she wasn't like herself at all in the music video, and everyone else in the band seemed si-valuing, playing "si-music".

This is especially worthless, if you really want to know your type:
    You just have to learn yourself, and ignore what other people say.

For example here's two profiles, which one fits you better:

Psychological Types

Psychological Types

If there's some confusion about them, then maybe ask about that spesific part.

Anyway to me you seem too forward, too direct and too eager to go after what you want, for SiFe to be a good typing at all.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my point of view...

ESFp
    In a group setting the ESFps Se really activates. They'll end up in the center of things, taking charge as far as getting fun happening, sort of making fun of others or stirring up some emotion, teasing (not in a mean way), and this can really look like Fe. It's done very directly and often the ESFp will make fun of themselves to avoid hurting others feelings. Look for lots of funny faces, funny dances, very in your face about it and doesn't mind embarassing themselves for a laugh. Also a straighforward attitude of "hey, wait, blah blah blah." Entertaining stories told to groups, being very comfortable getting drinks for people and loudly explaining what they're making. Insight into people's motives for doing things. Like, "Well that guy wants X -- he needs X to get Y. See? He's telling you that to get X." Also, can switch over to being super empathetic/serious when talking one on one and the Fi shows up. This is where their loyalty comes from and their strong need to be loved/appreciated with enthusiasm.

ISFp
    In a group their natural inclination is to fade into the woodwork and enjoy relaxing or chatting with closer friends. Some will really rev up the Fe and become very outgoing, almost gushy (but for short periods of time before they become exhausted). You'll notice the Se isn't there, so it's done in more of a bubbly silly way without any real focus on the expected outcome -- where as ESFps want to make something happen/get some sort of reaction. ISFps want to do things just because they want to. Their decisions are more made by "what do they want to do right then." Where as the ESFps are "what's going to be most fun with this group?" ISFps might get shy in big groups of new people. They really like their interests and activities and do a lot of them alone. They do like shopping, or games/sports, activities. Lounging, reading, wandering, working on a hobby, etc.

They won't reveal their feelings as much as an ESFp would. They get tense when there is any conflict and sort of want to just close their eyes and hope it stops. ESFps don't mind conflict as much. The worry a lot but quietly, where as the ESFps worry more loudly.

Where the ESFp would elaborate more like "It's going to be really tough moving because I haven't lifted that many boxes before and the truck is coming at 4am! Can you believe it? I need to get it all ready the night before but I really want to go to this party instead, how about you all come over and have some beers the night before, etc...etc..." You might not even be aware the ISFp is moving. But they will have decided whatever Si way they want to do it.

They are both stubborn but ESFps are louder about it and ISFps will just smile and then do whatever they want.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The girl in the music video you posted yesterday on the chat, was clearly Se-dominant based on the interview. You should have posted the interview, instead of the music video for typing! Especially since she wasn't like herself at all in the music video, and everyone else in the band seemed si-valuing, playing "si-music".
    lol yeah later I watched an interview with her and I decided that she's a SLE just not with perfect english....

Anyway I really enjoy reading your posts they are clear and not confusing but yet extensive...and this is what other Intuitive Thinkers lack...looking through my eyes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    lol yeah later I watched an interview with her and I decided that she's a SLE just not with perfect english....
    hehe yeah

Anyway I really enjoy reading your posts they are clear and not confusing but yet extensive...and this is what other Intuitive Thinkers lack...looking through my eyes of course.
    Well thanks That would point to you being Te-valuing.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thanks That would point to you being Te-valuing.
    I think she is Fi. However I can just tell from the system, and don't have to think about all of these experiences and associations made. They're meaningless to typing at this point.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But once again (don't take it personally): you're not SEI and can't do anything about it, no matter how hard you try. Get used to the idea.
    I love how you add don't take it personally......dude don't take it personally but that was a Te statement if I've ever seen one, and it's fairly widely recognised around here that I am SEI-Fe, and that you're not ILE. How about you stop spewing out "facts" as if they are public opinion.

If you want to dispute my type, making a fucking thread about it and don't disrupt others' threads with your bs.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anger turns to sadness.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/confucious

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Once you go black, you never go back." -Martin Luther

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be incluned to agree with his sentiments. Call it Si, call it a sickness...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best word to describe an SEI is "dumass", I concur.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    The best word to describe an SEI is "dumass", I concur.
    lol

I think everyone should honor the ballsack.

INTp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

I think everyone should honor the ballsack.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'LL FUCKING CUT YOU

<3

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll eat ur brainz.

and yes, this SEI stuff is srsly serious.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

srs business.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Kam do you like this song? I kinda like it ^_^

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grsly

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 07-24-2009 at 11:45 AM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Hey Kam do you like this song? I kinda like it ^_^

YouTube - Heartbeats - The Knife
    I couldn't get into it bee.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I couldn't get into it bee.
    This song is way better by Jose Gonzalez

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariah (left) is Fe ISFp, Luther (right) is Fi ESFp

Observe for yourself - experiencing it is far more useful than giving a written description of the differences.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I add it because you are fixed in thinking you're right about your type and tend to consider challenging your type as an attack, which is not. You always were polite to me and I don't intend to hurt you (I said this with previous occasions, too), but this is an objective issue.

You disrupt the threads. If you don't want to acknowledge this for your sake, at least don't involve in SEI describing threads with your typing, it's a false teaching. If you look back, your traits contrast with SEI descriptions all the way. Extending SEI traits/descriptions by using you as an example is a fallacy of false attribution. At least in this confidence case you blew it.
    Public opinion is a false argument and I did not make appeal to it.
    Is a fallacy of false attribution a double negative?

If I'm so fixed on my type, why would you think you could change my mind on it?

You are entitled to your opinion, but at the end of the day it is only relevant to you, frankly it's none of my business.

Also.........AN ALPHA DERAILING THREADS?!?! That's never happened.
    TBH I have barely posted here recently up until this week, I don't see your point, but yeah.

EXACTLY. THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT YOU'D SAY.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast