Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Notebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES!

Noah's probably introvert and Allie's probably extrovert though. Both seem 'P' to me.
    INFP

Creepy-aurora_faerie

>

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah, i don't think they were duals =/
    they both seem to be INTENSE feelers.

noah didn't seem too introverted either, but i can buy that he is.
    allie ... meh, i don't know about E/I. that part's hard for both.

definitely think they were both P's though.

i'm thinking they were Semi-Duals. makes sense if you really think about it.

INFP - noah. ESFP - allie.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Notebook

Type the characters Allie & Noah in The Notebook.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just checked and there was a similar thread a while back. Any more thoughts though?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...t=the+notebook

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen this movie and know almost nothing about the story, but this deleted scene seems like a much better representation of their dynamic as a couple:

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks DeAnte! I can't believe I'd never seen that before.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, nice scene DeAnte.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are hard to type for some reason. I remember once believing Allie to be SEE and Noah to be IEI but that's entirely wrong.

I now think Allie is an ESE and Noah an LSI after watching those few videos. Allie is so very dominant it's not even funny, and I chose Alpha instead of Beta based on her hobbies and pursuits... she seems to have an PoLR, about not knowing what will happen over time... even her illness at the end seems related to not remembering the "past", the ... know what I'm sayin'? =D

Noah is definitely a guy I'd want to be with. He seems so devoted, so intense. If anything, he would be the LSI-Se subtype because he doesn't exactly seem so rigid but when he built that house for her, he showed so much perseverance and single-mindedness that I tend to associate with LSIs and IxxJ temperament at times.

They seemed to have a Semi-Dual relation and I still stand by that it's not duality or anything within the same quadra. The movie actually described how often they would blow up and fight with one another, and how externally passionate it seemed to be to others.. moth to a flame thing. They would always make up.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There should be a Fe-dominant irrational type! (c:

I think she's ESE/EIE and he's IEI.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    They seemed to have a Semi-Dual relation and I still stand by that it's not duality or anything within the same quadra. The movie actually described how often they would blow up and fight with one another, and how externally passionate it seemed to be to others.. moth to a flame thing. They would always make up.
    Heh, I wonder what a relationship like that would be like.

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    It would totally suck.

No wonder I don't find the movie appealing. It's full of Betaness.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    It would totally suck.

yeah, it'd feel like one long torture.

And same here, WP. Someone forced me to watch it and all I could do was cringe.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would totally suck.

I disagree. What appeals to me about the movie is very strong Fi...their dedication and undying love for each other, regardless of obstacles. Watch the movie honey, you'll see.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    What appeals to me about the movie is very strong Fi...their dedication and undying love for each other, regardless of obstacles.
    That sounds more like a torture than like strong Fi but anyhow.... (what I also see is Ni/Se > Si/Ne)

Watch the movie honey, you'll see.
    I doubt it, sweetheart.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, it'd feel like one long torture.
    Precisely.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. What appeals to me about the movie is very strong Fi...their dedication and undying love for each other, regardless of obstacles. Watch the movie honey, you'll see.
    I thought there was a distinct lack of Fi in their relationship. An undying love for someone isn't necessarily Fi. I thought the constancy of their feelings for each other were built on passion, not dedication.

I, personally, would hate a relationship like that. But I liked the movie. (c:

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I thought there was a distinct lack of Fi in their relationship. An undying love for someone isn't necessarily Fi. I thought the constancy of their feelings for each other were built on passion, not dedication.
    So it seems to me, as well.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, personally, would hate a relationship like that. But I liked the movie. (c:
    I disagree that passion was the reason for the constancy in their relationship. The whole purpose of the movie was to show how their love matured, from teenagers to old age. You can't possibly make the argument that it was passion that led him to willingly stay with her through her dementia. If this isn't commitment and dedication, I don't know what is. This last part is what the movie is really about and that definitely shows Fi to me.

Having said that, I agree that their relationship as a young couple doesn't appeal to me as one I would like to have...too much drama.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds more like a torture than like strong Fi but anyhow.... (what I also see is Ni/Se > Si/Ne)

I doubt it, sweetheart.
    You guys are making it sound like they brought all this drama on themselves. These obstacles were put in place by others at first and then by natural circumstances (dementia). Are you saying that if things like this got in the way of your relationship you wouldn't fight to stay together no matter what? This is what I see in the movie, not all the Fe or the specific dynamic of their relationship since I can't relate much to that.

I agree with Ni/Se>Si/Ne and this is the part of the movie that doesn't appeal to me as much, but I guess I look past that to the core message of the movie, which is one of constant love and commitment to another and building a life together. It's the message of "usness", regardless of changing circumstances. How is this not Fi?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying that if things like this got in the way of your relationship you wouldn't fight to stay together no matter what?
    She'd have to be pretty fucking special for me to want to stay with her even through dementia. Not saying it's impossible.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She'd have to be pretty fucking special for me to want to stay with her even through dementia. Not saying it's impossible.
    Well, she was special to him. And I'd like to think of my duals as loyal, so I'd hope that if you ever care for someone this much, you'd want to stay with her through something like this...not out of obligation (of course), but out of love. Having said that, if you didn't feel this way for her, I could see why you wouldn't, I doubt I could.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if liking this movie is a male/female thing. Any guys who enjoyed the movie?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if liking this movie is a male/female thing.
    That's a very stupid thing to wonder about.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a very stupid thing to wonder about.
    Why?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, she was special to him. And I'd like to think of my duals as loyal, so I'd hope that if you ever care for someone this much, you'd want to stay with her through something like this...not out of obligation (of course), but out of love. Having said that, if you didn't feel this way for her, I could see why you wouldn't, I doubt I could.
    I could never stay with someone out of obligation. But love? eh, maybe. Haven't been in love

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    There are millions of pretty fucking special ones out there, so I have faith in you.
    heh..

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could never stay with someone out of obligation.
    Me neither.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, I've to admit I've fell sleep seeing this. There were a lot of expectation about this movie, however it was not that good as many people seen.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree that passion was the reason for the constancy in their relationship. The whole purpose of the movie was to show how their love matured, from teenagers to old age. You can't possibly make the argument that it was passion that led him to willingly stay with her through her dementia. If this isn't commitment and dedication, I don't know what is. This last part is what the movie is really about and that definitely shows Fi to me.

Having said that, I agree that their relationship as a young couple doesn't appeal to me as one I would like to have...too much drama.
    I was thinking more about their relationship as a young couple - yeah, all the drama - from her mostly. The way she'd say things like "I hate you, I never want to see you again" and stuff like that - that would drive me crazy!! I felt for the guy.

I still don't think that the whole 'staying with her through her dementia' shows Fi. You're implying that commitment and dedication is an Fi concept. I think you'd have to be completely heartless to NOT stay with someone who got sick like her, after loving her and being with her for so many years! If only out of love and respect for who she once was. And he doesn't approach it like a duty or with an attitude of 'I'm going to stay with her through thick and thin'. He's constantly trying to get her to remember the passionate times they shared, and trying to get the 'real' her back. I think that's more Fe than Fi.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking more about their relationship as a young couple - yeah, all the drama - from her mostly. The way she'd say things like "I hate you, I never want to see you again" and stuff like that - that would drive me crazy!! I felt for the guy.
    I totally agree with you here. I would hate this too.
    I still don't think that the whole 'staying with her through her dementia' shows Fi. You're implying that commitment and dedication is an Fi concept. I think you'd have to be completely heartless to NOT stay with someone who got sick like her, after loving her and being with her for so many years! If only out of love and respect for who she once was. And he doesn't approach it like a duty or with an attitude of 'I'm going to stay with her through thick and thin'. He's constantly trying to get her to remember the passionate times they shared, and trying to get the 'real' her back. I think that's more Fe than Fi.
    I'm not saying that commitment and dedication is solely Fi, nor that Fi dominants and Fi seekers are the only ones capable of this. Obviously there are many other factors that play into it. I was simply pointing out why the movie appeals to me. And although pretty much anyone can experience something like this, from a socionics perspective, out of all the elements, it is Fi that can more closely be identified with these sentiments IMO. Again, I wasn't referring to the dynamic of their relationship. I agree that they seem to value Fe>Fi. I agree that they're semi-duals, etc. And yes, he was trying to bring her back, but staying with her did not depend on whether she came back or not. She specifically asked him what would happen to him when she was unable to come back at all and he did not hesitate to say that he would be there still. Anyway, I think the overall message of the movie is Fi>Fe (and this is what I liked).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you'd have to be completely heartless to NOT stay with someone who got sick like her, after loving her and being with her for so many years!
    You have a lot to learn.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if liking this movie is a male/female thing. Any guys who enjoyed the movie?
    I checked it out since I'd heard a lot about it. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

However, in terms of a good romance movie, Definitely, Maybe seemed superior to me. Never really thought much of Isla Fisher till I saw that the other day.

Yes, I am secure enough in my masculinity to watch these things and enjoy them.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I checked it out since I'd heard a lot about it. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

However, in terms of a good romance movie, Definitely, Maybe seemed superior to me. Never really thought much of Isla Fisher till I saw that the other day.

Yes, I am secure enough in my masculinity to watch these things and enjoy them.
    Good for you Mune! I haven't seen "Definitely, Maybe"...I should check it out.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Ugg that was so horrible. Honestly how do you guys stand it? How can you take it seriously? The sappy music alone is enough to drive someone insane......"WHoooo I'ma bird".....gross. I wanted to puke.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    A semi-dual relation with lots of passion, fighting, making-up, and house-building?

Sounds great.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen The Notebook, but my favourite chick-flick is Love Actually. I don't watch a lot of chick flicks. They usually make me uncomfortable, lol.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugg that was so horrible. Honestly how do you guys stand it? How can you take it seriously? The sappy music alone is enough to drive someone insane......"WHoooo I'ma bird".....gross. I wanted to puke.

P.S. I did read the book, and liked it.
    I guess it's not just a guy/girl thing then.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    A semi-dual relation with lots of passion, fighting, making-up, and house-building?

Sounds great.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S. I did read the book, and liked it.
    HAHAHA. I liked the book too.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I have never seen The Notebook, but my favourite chick-flick is Love Actually. I don't watch a lot of chick flicks. They usually make me uncomfortable, lol.
    Another one to add to my "to watch list".
    I guess it's not just a guy/girl thing then.

Guess WP was right.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    but my favourite chick-flick is Love Actually. I don't watch a lot of chick flicks. They usually make me uncomfortable, lol.
    Coincidentally, this movie has been working its way up my netflix queue for a couple of months and just broke the top 10 finally. I'll have to check out what kind of chick flick would appeal to an Fi-PoLR.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast