from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nicki Minaj

I absolutely LOVE her for some reason, sooo cute.

and one of her songs

She usually raps but I absolutely LOVE this song more than I should, don't give two shits about haterzz.

My IEI friend and I adore her. She's EIE, IEI, or SLE yes? Maybe SEE but I see WAY too much
    Last edited by silke; 01-15-2016 at 03:13 AM. Reason: updated video links

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The video screenshots make me want to say beta irrational lol

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-INFp?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A probably SLE friend of mine thinks she's more or less the hottest woman alive. In his words, "Adam, her booty is incredible. It's like one of those sleep number beds!"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminds be a bit of Trina. Beta fosho.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-ISFp.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's Se valuing. The excessive exhibitionism and image seeking plus the unnecessarily defiant + mobilized attitude in most of her pictures makes a bad case for anything else IMO.

We would have nothing to talk about or find each other very interesting or endearing, is my experience with this type of woman.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESFp or ISFp

You can love people from other quads too you know.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think some Beta ethical type, perhaps SEE if not beta.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rofl. What the hell? She's obviously beta. And also seriously crazy. But that's OK. I think she's EIE.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Robot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another vote for ENFj. Butt implants, as well?
    /

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    This is probably one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Fe-ISFp sounds good. I had her as Fe-INFp but she might more likely be a Sensing type.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume if people had cameras in their faces all day long, you would capture demonstrations of many different emotions, never mind that anger is not type related. I don't see how an SEI couldn't do what she was doing, because she is basically engaging with Fe in that video.

She is not a rational type. Her body language is more fluid, less deliberate. She is also fairly low-energy in her interviews.

Which fits Ixxp temperament quite well, and contrasts with Exxj temperament.

As it stands, my opinion is Merry, Ethical, Irrational and probably Sensing => Fe-ISFp.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god i can't stand her
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still maintain that Nicki Minaj is the best rap parody artist who ever lived. Stupid Hoe is fucking hilarious.

Obvious Fe is obvious. I'd been thinking ISFp as well.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate how I can only remember the faces of people I meet and forget their names, but when it comes to celebs I have to hear their names over and over again in public and on the internet and don't know or give a crap who they are. I swear I could write a book about em.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i agree w/EIE. she's very dramatic, in-your-face and confrontational - this isn't an ILE's dual.

also she is a person who has created multiple alter egos (such as Roman Zolanski) that she says are "born" out of her, personas who take a life of their own, who have their own personalities and who perform in their own styles. reminds me of David Bowie - another EIE - and his many personas (Ziggy Stardust, the Thin White Duke, etc.)

Minaj on her alter egos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicki_Minaj#Alter_egos
    While growing up, Minaj's home life was often chaotic, with her parents constantly fighting. As a means of escape, she would create characters and live her life through them. In an interview with New York she stated, "To get away from all their fighting, I would imagine being a new person. 'Cookie' was my first identity – that stayed with me for a while. I went on to 'Harajuku Barbie,' then 'Nicki Minaj'. Fantasy was my reality."
    EIE description from http://www.socionics.us/types/eie.shtml
    EIEs enjoy being controversial, enigmatic figures. This allows them greater freedom for self-expression that might not fit in the boundaries that others would otherwise assign to them. They enjoy "changing their masks" to rivet others' attention toward them and foil those that would like to "put them in a box." Many EIEs have so many different personas that they wonder who they are "in reality."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet jesus...its scarlletlux on crack! IT IS!
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Oh god. Her grammy performance was absolutely awful... wtf. I'm embarrassed for her.

http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-13-ni...rmance#respond
    It's very confusing... trying too hard imo.

Creepy-Snaps

Eunice, Maritsa, Radio, and Galen... the 4 of you suggested SEI... I'll be more skeptical of your typings in the future. Already was with Maritsa. Radio you seemed close, but I think typing by dichotomy can be very misleading.

She's definitely not Si-leading. Like so many others said, way too confrontational/expressive than the polite SEIs. First thought was Fe/Ti valuing, and Se-valuing makes sense too, so I'll vote Beta. Ni ego can fit easily, the way she dresses up, very colorfully, making herself out to be a star, seems typical of a Victim romantic style. Trying to draw attention from an Aggressor to pursue her as a prize.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Eunice, Maritsa, Radio, and Galen... the 4 of you suggested SEI... I'll be more skeptical of your typings in the future. Already was with Maritsa. Radio you seemed close, but I think typing by dichotomy can be very misleading.

She's definitely not Si-leading. Like so many others said, way too confrontational/expressive than the polite SEIs. First thought was Fe/Ti valuing, and Se-valuing makes sense too, so I'll vote Beta. Ni ego can fit easily, the way she dresses up, very colorfully, making herself out to be a star, seems typical of a Victim romantic style. Trying to draw attention from an Aggressor to pursue her as a prize.
    Go away.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Eunice, Maritsa, Radio, and Galen... the 4 of you suggested SEI... I'll be more skeptical of your typings in the future.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought SEI-Fe for her.

Also, SEI-Fe's can definitely be confrontational. I think there is some kind of stereotype that xEI automatically means you are overly timid or sweet when that is really not always the case.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh...she doesnt really do anything for me. Seems like another self-entitled bitch. Might be fun if she didnt feel the need to pump helium into her ego.

On that note, props for using funny voices in rap videos, but thats about it. She wreaks of New-Age-Black-People artificially-boosted self-importance.
    Last edited by Gilly; 02-14-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Under cerulean skies...

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to like her... I enjoyed her album - guilty pleasure.

I think I saw a video of her and I did relate to it somewhat but I don't really see myself as that similar to her. Her MTV performance especially... it was like not actually being aware of how to use Fe.. it was just a mess. Just shock for the sake of shock. It's kinda sad that people think I act like her? WTF?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her vocal cadence and dance moves in her music videos remind me in a way of Old Dirty Bastard. Maybe it's a Brooklyn thing.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Go away.
    Hi, Gilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    I've always thought SEI-Fe for her.

Also, SEI-Fe's can definitely be confrontational. I think there is some kind of stereotype that xEI automatically means you are overly timid or sweet when that is really not always the case.
    You're right, it's not always the case. But of all of you people who say you 'think she's SEI', only Radio has given a reason. Why do you think she's SEI? I've already given 2 explanations, why I think she's Beta, and why I don't think she's SEI. What's yours? In your eyes, why is Nicki Minaj SEI?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I could see her as being some Alpha pulling one over on everybody, making them think it's serious and confrontational, when it really isn't. I'm sure she's laughing all the way to the bank about it.
    That's how I interpret her music, like a tongue-in-cheek stab at rap by accentuating what makes it terrible. In a lot of her videos it's pretty clear that she doesn't take herself all that seriously, given her regular use of bizarre facial expressions and body movements. Check It Out's a pretty good example of this:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

some people in the thread are arguing that Minaj is a SEI who's trying to act otherwise. where is the actual evidence that there is a SEI underneath the persona/s?

you have to remember that "Nicki Minaj" herself is a persona too, so the exaggerated, in-your-face behaviors shouldn't be surprising. i don't understand how Galen could come to the conclusion that she "doesn't take herself seriously". it's actually pretty clear if you read what Nicki Minaj says about herself that she is self-aware enough to take her personas seriously, in the sense that she accepts them as a part of her reality.

the creation and use of personas while accepting them as a fact of life fits perfectly with EIE ("The Actor" type). a SEI typing doesn't explain any of it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know her type, but I will say she doesn't exhibit the same level of physical control as I would expect from a sensor. Her over-the-top-ness does seem more of the Alpha variety rather than Beta, more kooky than calculated for impact, but that's not really a black-and-white deciding factor.

She is obviously Fe ego.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    you have to remember that "Nicki Minaj" herself is a persona too, so the exaggerated, in-your-face behaviors shouldn't be surprising. i don't understand how Galen could come to the conclusion that she "doesn't take herself seriously". it's actually pretty clear if you read what Nicki Minaj says about herself that she is self-aware enough to take her personas seriously, in the sense that she accepts them as a part of her reality.

the creation and use of personas while accepting them as a fact of life fits perfectly with EIE ("The Actor" type). a SEI typing doesn't explain any of it.
    In interviews she isn't anywhere near as exaggerated in her demeanor or behavior than in her music videos. She seems much more naturally relaxed and composed in many of the clips I've seen of her, which would have me think IP > EJ. On top of that I don't get the same spaced-out tinge to her as I see in Ni egos. Compare her to someone like Janelle Monae, who I estimate is Fe-INFp:

What you're saying about her being an "actor, thus ENFj" sounds like an appeal to a vague and highly interpretable stereotype, and I see no reason for any Fe subtype to be unable to create and implement personas in the same way. Sure she may be highly aware of her characters (I'd be astonished if she wasn't), but it's pretty clear in her live performances that she plays up these characters for laughs. If I could find a video of her recent performance at the Grammys I'd post it as such an example.

edit: lol the two of them have the same hair
    Last edited by Galen; 02-16-2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason: double negatives

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, EIE is the Actor.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    some people in the thread are arguing that Minaj is a SEI who's trying to act otherwise. where is the actual evidence that there is a SEI underneath the persona/s?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Stereotyponics.

I guess that means all entrepreneurs are LIE, all analysts are LII, all poets are IEI, etc., because by golly that's what their profiles are often titled.
    Reductio ad absurdum + Strawman fallacy + Ignoratio elenchi = 2500 pts

Nice combo
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@starfall you want see in beta almost everyone you adore, it's fucking ridiculous and have nothing to do with real typing...

nicki ESFx

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, MTV 'people'..
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Reductio ad absurdum
    How is it any more absurd than what glam said? He's not reducing the argument to anything, he's just pointing out the inherent absurdity in the claim itself.

Strawman fallacy
    See above.

Ignoratio elenchi
    How?

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    How is it any more absurd than what glam said? He's not reducing the argument to anything, he's just pointing out the inherent absurdity in the claim itself.

See above.

How?
    Prove to me you deserve the effort I put into my intellectual arguments. I mean, time and energy is precious and fleeting, I have to ask, are you worth it?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prove to me you deserve the effort I put into my intellectual arguments. I mean, time and energy is precious and fleeting, I have to ask, are you worth it?
    That's your decision, not mine. Stop wasting time with passive-aggressive pinpricks, coward.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast