Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you had to choose your own PoLR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If you had to choose your own PoLR..

I do think that some are worse than others. if you had to choose the most tolerable of all..

so. two questions you might want to answer:
    • If you had to choose your own PoLR..
    • It would really suck to have the *insert PoLR here*
    Last edited by matilda; 10-14-2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: edited for the assholes :D

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the PoLRs are so good. How do I pick just one?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cripes... PoLR and base seem best to me, but then most types prefer their base function and reject their PoLR. Gotta counterbalance that.

In general the dynamic PoLRs seem safer to me (maybe because that's my vital ring?), but... since even that seems type-related, I can't choose.

I'll stay PoLR.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to say too

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think a logical polr might be better. you can always learn logic, unlike ethics. with ethics, it all seems so hard to understand. with logic, even if you were not good at , you can go to college and learn it.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i think a logical polr might be better. you can always learn logic, unlike ethics. with ethics, it all seems so hard to understand. with logic, even if you were not good at , you can go to college and learn it.
    I agree!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in college and I'm not at all getting any better at Ti/Te. I'm at least good at hiding it though. what I do is I cover something up (an explanatory essay, say) with Ni. and sometimes Fe (not at all what the professor is looking for, hence grade-wise, low to average, but it gets the job done, so).

but I definitely agree with this
    with ethics, it all seems so hard to understand.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I'm taking a course in logic at the moment actually.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't really expect to "learn away" your PoLR... your PoLR should be something that you don't intend to use at all. Of course, whatever your PoLR is, you have an HA of the same shape to sort of compensate. A logical PoLR is fine if you're willing to endure only having the other form of logic, and even that learned from others. A Sensing PoLR is kinda nice because I'm Intuitive and I can let other people worry about that... maybe that's circular. An Intuitive PoLR wouldn't be much practical trouble, but as my current type, that seems like blindness to me... well PoLR might be alright, but not great. Ethical PoLR actually seems like the least terrible to me because if everyone had the same Ethical PoLR, then that function would be minus its main use - unlike Logic, Sensing and Intuition, which aren't as tied to people.

(Didn't actually laugh there, but I couldn't bear to replace the "lol" with any other smiley.)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

Ne and Si PoLR certainly seem the least like a disability, actually. Frustrating (from what I understand on the actual experience of having these PoLRs), yes, but it's not like me not being able to deal with complex logic without graphing it out on paper, or EIIs getting lost really easily.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I wouldn't want to "choose" my PoLR! I want to be free! I want to be free to do what I want to do! I want to be free to ride etc.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoLR
    I think the worst PoLR would be or ... I'm not biased at all.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Ne and Si PoLR certainly seem the least like a disability, actually.
    Try imagining how and types supervise their supervisees.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Try imagining how and types supervise their supervisees.

comment please? i'm looking for a similar post that you made in "any relations" :-D

ILE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

comment please? i'm looking for a similar post that you made in "any relations" :-D
    I don't think that I have ever posted on that kind of supervision... however Isha has posted on SLI>LIE supervision, and one or more ILEs (don't remember which) have commented on ILE>LSI supervision. Specifically, Isha was describing her supervision of Expat... I'll go look for that post.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I don't think that I have ever posted on that kind of supervision... however Isha has posted on SLI>LIE supervision, and one or more ILEs (don't remember which) have commented on ILE>LSI supervision. Specifically, Isha was describing her supervision of Expat... I'll go look for that post.
    no...you were commenting on entj-infp supervision...i wondered what you'd say about other supervision relations

ILE

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fine with Fi polr. Se polr would be okay too.

Not that it matters in the slightest.

If I had to start my life over with a different polr, then any attachments i have to elements now would be meaningless as i would have forgotten my past life.

If I had to swiitch now, it would greatly affect my life, so i'd stick with Fi polr.
    The end is nigh

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... it's almost impossible to avoid the type-related bias, but I'm split.

On one hand, I think it would be best to keep my current polr, , because who cares about Te? "I will not consent to facts without secrets." It's just a bunch of fact knowledge, knowledge about how to do things "best," how to gather information "objectively"... in other words total bs.

On the other hand, I think it would be best to have a Se or Ni polr, because people are scared of Se and they think that Ni is useless. So it might help you get along in the world better--in fact, I'm almost positive it would make it easier to live an okay life, a good life, to have an Ni or Se polr. Because the cultural climate (and this is where it's hard to avoid the type bias) is, in my opinion, against Ni and Se. I mean, think about it: if you're Se or Ni ego, in order to express yourself you have to either a) ignore reality and focus on the theory or pattern or meaning behind it, which is hardly conducive to an easy life, or b) exert some measure of force (not necessarily physical force, obviously, but some sort of force) in your daily life, and sure, people like to have force on their side, but too often they are scared of force, and want to depersonalize and control it by some means in order to assuage their own fears of losing control.

Even when you think of the beta quadra, most people think of Fe moreso than Se, Ti, or Ni, because I think American culture, and probably Western culture as a whole, tends to value Fe more than these other ones (and we value Ti, but only in the sense of empiricism, rather than the hierarchical understanding that it often associated with Ti + Se). But this is probably me attempting to take an us-against-the-world view of things. I'd imagine that would be common of beta quadra.

Anyway, it would really suck to have an Ne polr, because Ne seems like a decent balance between intuition and practicality, since "generating ideas" or "brainstorming" is a hallmark of corporate culture. Of course, that's what IEIs and EIEs (and ILIs and LIEs, to an extent...) are for; who needs to know what "could" happen when you know what "will" happen? A polr seems doable. Yeah, I'd probably say Ne is the one I'd least like to have, from a pragmatic standpoint. From a biased perspective, obviously, an Ni polr would be worst... although I almost feel like if you had an Ni polr, you wouldn't know what you were missing. Culture makes it very easy to avoid poetry.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    although I almost feel like if you had an Ni polr, you wouldn't know what you were missing. Culture makes it very easy to avoid poetry.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The easiest to disregard would be clearly Ni, and the hardest most likely Ne. The rational elements aren't such a big deal, because you can get by easily just having one of the pair (Fe or Te, Ti or Fi), even though you would be missing a great chunk of information.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    I do think that some are worse than others. if you had to choose the most tolerable of all..

[LIST][*]If you had to choose your own PoLR..
    . This is probably my favourite function (which, unfortunately, makes me feel overstimulated rather quickly), but I could see how people could live without it.

[*]It would really suck to have the *insert PoLR here*
    . I think it would be very difficult to live and not be able to figure out possibilities that could get me out of tricky situations.

Jason

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On further consideration, I've decided it would definitely be best to have an Ni polr, and then have Se as an id function; that way you could Se stuff (since everybody wants people to do Se stuff, they just don't want to have to notice it/feel it) but not have it in the forefront of you ego (for the reasons mentioned above).

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything but Ni. Or Ne.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Anything but Ni. Or Ne.
    goes for me too. with Ni, yeah, you wouldn't know what you're missing, but hell. i wouldn't give it up for the world.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd pick .

Worst PoLR to have, probably but I'm biased here since those are my ego functions.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going from observation i'd say the types with -PoLR (ENFP & ESFP) seem able to pretty well brush it off and achieve all sorts of things without it.

People with or -PoLR can do pretty well without it but seem to really struggle when things get messy (which they often do) - not a time to have these sorts of PoLR limitations.

On the other hand -PoLR (and to a lesser extent -PoLR) can really screw you up .... good times or bad. But contrary to others i think that is easier to exhibit than . If you know socionics you're off to a flying start, second you've just got to be more attentive to the individuality of others and not take them for granted.

I think those with -PoLR are at a disadvantage in too many areas of life given that life is essentially competitive and those that can deal with that tend to advance more than those that can't.
    ILE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having an F PoLR has always seemed interesting to me. I imagine it would feel like being unstoppable in your ability to unfetteredly do what you want, except for some strange reason you never manage to unearth, everybody keeps turning on you... but of course it's THEIR fault, not yours!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post

• If you had to choose your own PoLR..
    • It would really suck to have the *insert PoLR here*
    Oh boy, this is a toughie...I'd hate to have a PoLR period...maybe I'd want for a PoLR. Then I wouldn't be tempted to fight back with it when confronting an SLE. I'd hate to have a PoLR. Those types have a poor sense of humor imo.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wouldn't care about having Ne as a PoLR. Fi I don't really have an issue with either.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I'd hate to have a PoLR. Those types have a poor sense of humor imo.
    RUBBISHHHHH

Takeshi Kitano has a great sense of humour!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ollobollo View Post
    is the worst PoLR.
    Haha, yes.

Creepy-male

Fe PoLR sounds really difficult, from descriptions.

Talking to my ESI mum, Ne PoLR is like getting mired by details or disoriented by putting out fires to the degree where you're no longer certain if you're on the right path.

As for Si PoLR, much as the constant aches, pains, and indecipherable signals get to me, I think I'd much rather have my dual notice when I'm getting run down and look after me than constantly push such things to the back of my mind

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I imagine it would feel like being unstoppable in your ability to unfetteredly do what you want ....
    It's not seen as a "what you want" type thing but rather as a kind of freedom to pursue whats "objectively" correct regardless of others feelings ... there's some kind of unspoken expectation that others should be robust enough so as not to be liable to take things personally. Of course from another's point of view it can (and often is) seen as self centredness.

On the flip side if you're really in trouble there's no other type that will put themselves out as much for you as an ENTP or ESTP.
    ILE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That probably works because a bunch of ILIs and LIEs got together and thought "what would be the most efficient way to keep our efficiency up and not have to worry about taking care of our bodies," and thus all these solutions were born. But whatever, because I'm all about the working-like-crazy, worrying about the body when you need to business.

I really think that "what is the best/worst polr" is entirely based on what sorts of values (socionics or otherwise) are dominant in one's culture. Cultures come up with solutions for some problems (pills, supplements, things that allow us to ignore our bodies), ignore some problems (possibly the need for ultimate meaning, or meaning that progresses towards the ultimate), and provides no support for others. I'm sure there are/have been cultures in which an Si polr would really suck, and society would not provide anything to help you along if you don't have it together Si-wise. Ours, I think, is not one of them.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about this for a while and it's really hard to narrow it down, since they're so many disadvantages to having any PoLR
    If I had to, probably or
    Maybe this is a "grass is always greener" comment but I've noticed Ej's seem to go through life more easily, due to having both the energy and drive to succeed. Although having weak or has its downfalls, it doesn't seem to get in their way of prospering.

and are the worst PoLR's to me. PoLR makes you an easy target to walk all over and PoLR leaves you vulnerable in social situations
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    You know, Si PoLR really isn't so bad once you know how to deal with it. Just assume that nothing bad will happen and focus on work. Take supplements that boost your immune system. Try to get a decent amount of sleep. Eat a lot of protein. If you know you've been overdoing it or if you feel something coming on, take some Airborne. If you actually do get sick, sleep until you feel better.

But most importantly, don't worry about it. Nothing weakens the immune system faster than stress. All of the above things are done while assuming that it'll be fine.

(Yes, I know this post will probably get torn to shreds by those saying it doesn't make sense or wouldn't work or whatever. I'm just saying that it works for me. I used to practically be a hypochondriac, but for the past year I've followed this strategy. Result: I've never worried and only gotten sick once, and that was only for a day or two.)

Of course, there's still the lack of confidence in aesthetics and whatnot. Those things aren't huge issues for me anymore, either. I can just ask Peter when I'm not sure about something.
    Another string of self-help bullshit by Joy.

Anyway, I am fine with Si PoLR. One I would not want is an intuitive PoLR. Feeling PoLR seems pretty bad for people that are around you, but it seems that the carrier is less affected.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know, shes a dear abbey nightmare

I would probably stay with the polr I have .......

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Having an F PoLR has always seemed interesting to me. I imagine it would feel like being unstoppable in your ability to unfetteredly do what you want, except for some strange reason you never manage to unearth, everybody keeps turning on you... but of course it's THEIR fault, not yours!
    I have been rolling on the floor laughing at this post.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    I have been rolling on the floor laughing at this post.
    yeah, me too, it's exactly like that. except on the inside, you feel like a dipshit since you know you caused it.

ILE

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by male View Post
    Ne and Si PoLR certainly seem the least like a disability, actually. Frustrating (from what I understand on the actual experience of having these PoLRs), yes, but it's not like me not being able to deal with complex logic without graphing it out on paper, or EIIs getting lost really easily.
    There's few people whose sense of direction I trust more than my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast